NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 2.5 ) at Houston ( -2.5 ) —- T: 220
    9:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 12 ) at Denver ( -12 ) —- T: 222
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 5.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -5.5 ) —- T: 219.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@hobbes2d said...

We’re both wrong. The answer was Anthony Davis hahaha

Lol …. fair point

I have some Iguodala’s.. feel Livingston at 3000 will make 6x.

• hobbes2d

@DFSToddler said...

Come on now, PJ Tucker… this is a WOAT take.

To be fair, PJ Tucker has been criminally underrated for almost his entire career because he was rotting in Phoenix for years.

• hobbes2d

@866 said...

I have some Iguodala’s.. feel Livingston at 3000 will make 6x.

Lol didn’t realize he was still min salary. Dear god.

• noddy

@BerkeleyBoss said...

What does being a headcase have to do with being a great player?

nothing

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@DfsBopBooth said...

Miles plumee with the front court so short and Milsap on a revenge narrative.

I’m with you on this ^^. Only running two lineups tonight so I’ve got one with Milsap and one with Lyles.

• hobbes2d

@BBWC_10 said...

If Greg Monroe can be in a top LU last night I’m all in on Gortat, LOL

Boban revenge.

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

I’ll bite…many stars in different sports can be somewhat of a headcase I agree, but Dray can’t control himself out there. Wait until he is on a .500 team or worse and you will see what I am talking about. He’s a stick of dynamite.

• hobbes2d

@KATburger said...

I’m with you on this ^^. Only running two lineups tonight so I’ve got one with Milsap and one with Lyles.

I wish Lyles could shoot this year. He’s been SOOOOOOOOOO bad from 3. He was like 40% the previous 2 years and now is like 20%. I think it’s one reason Juancho has been starting lately to give them someone else on the floor who can hit a 3.

• BerkeleyBoss

@jlowery73 said...

I’ll bite…many stars in different sports can be somewhat of a headcase I agree, but Dray can’t control himself out there. Wait until he is on a .500 team or worse and you will see what I am talking about. He’s a stick of dynamite.

I would argue that the dynamite has thus far blown up opponents way more than it has the Warriors.

• hobbes2d

@jlowery73 said...

He’s about 1000x better than Jimmy Butler then.

• damionismyname

@RandysCrow said...

I think Dray and Boogie will eventually get into it. Boogie tried talking with Dray during the shouting match and even walked with him for a bit before turning away.

Again I think Draymond’s tenacity is what makes him who he is. But you can’t treat everyone like that, as not everyone would have the same reaction. I’m not saying that he needs to baby talk him either. But different things motivate different personalities and there are different ways to handle situations.

He wouldn’t dare confront Steph like that…he knows he can get away with it with Durant though.

Boogie will punch him in the face if it came down to it though.

• kbsktbll88

That other guy’s post got deleted for the full lineup.. but yeah regarding Capela and people who are high on him tonight. He’s a bad play imo. PJ Tucker is the play for Houston. We’ll go small to match up with GSW which means Tucker is at the 5. He’s going to be gobbling up rebounds and could be in line for a nice double double tonight.

• RandysCrow

@noddy said...

KD is weak and is hurt when people don’t like him. Can’t stand that.

I don’t approve of any of them anymore lol

What happened to the good days when the Superstars stayed on their teams and forced the players around them to be better rather than to just “title chase”.

That is why I don’t think the players are as good as they were in the past. Athletically yes they may be more gifted….perhaps. But mentally and courage/grit wise….not close.

The league (just like all the other major sports) have put a premium on points and scorers. Made it impossible to play defense. Look at QBs in football, they have them wearing touch tags now.

All games are All Star game type games now. You take any of these players and put them in the 90’s and they would miss every other game because of a bruise. They are all soft now.

I tried to find the clip of Michael Irving fouling Adam Sandler in The Longest Yard and then asking him if he got him. But I couldn’t find it!

• gaelicgirl

@manontheflyintrapezious said...

I’d love to see KD one up Jimmy Butler and play with a bunch of random homeless people, vagrants and crackheads and play against the Warriors starters, kick their asses then yell at DrayDray “You f**kin’ need me!”

LOL That’s funny. Warriors need Draymond way more than they need KD.

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

DFS going the same way as real basketball rules….no missed points for outs in baseball or missed field goals in NBA.

Can I get a HELL YEAH for Draftstreet days when you had negative points for missed shots or free throws??? Was much more skill based with that scoring.

Also: LOL at Draymond being more important then KD. The overrating of the mental midget Draymond is rampant on here. He is surrounded by 3 of the best shooters EVER.

• gizzo1

This FanDuel survey is gold. “Do you prefer to play DraftKings nba because they have late swap?” Lol

• Kmasonbx

@KATburger said...

Yes absolutely, when you include durants presence in the paint. Hands down better defender.

Lol, seriously? Draymond routinely rates in the top 5 in FG% against at the rim and is always near the top of the league in Defensive Real Plus Minus. The Warriors are consistently better defensively with KD off the court and KD had a massively negative DRPM last season. This is one of those situations where the eye deceives.

• csandbizzle

@jlowery73 said...

DFS going the same way as real basketball rules….no missed points for outs in baseball or missed field goals in NBA.

Can I get a HELL YEAH for Draftstreet days when you had negative points for missed shots or free throws??? Was much more skill based with that scoring.

Please don’t bring up draftstreet I miss it so much.

I’ve been waiting for the 3 pitcher model in MLB to come back. deciding whether to try and hunt for Saves or roster a potential gascan was such a unique element.

• colb24

@hobbes2d said...

I mean Draymond was suspended last game and they had trouble putting away the Hawks on their home court until like the last 4 minutes of the game lmao.

Also if KD weren’t around me thinks that Draymond would have to work harder to maintain his 3 point shot and wouldn’t have let it get as bad as it is currently.

I agree lol!

• hobbes2d

@RandysCrow said...

What happened to the good days when the Superstars stayed on their teams and forced the players around them to be better rather than to just “title chase”.

That is why I don’t think the players are as good as they were in the past. Athletically yes they may be more gifted….perhaps. But mentally and courage/grit wise….not close.

The league (just like all the other major sports) have put a premium on points and scorers. Made it impossible to play defense. Look at QBs in football, they have them wearing touch tags now.

All games are All Star game type games now. You take any of these players and put them in the 90’s and they would miss every other game because of a bruise. They are all soft now.

I tried to find the clip of Michael Irving fouling Adam Sandler in The Longest Yard and then asking him if he got him. But I couldn’t find it!

It’s horrible. These dudes are all babied from middle school all the way into the pros. Everybody wants to take the easy way out when they face any little adversity.

• noddy

@RandysCrow said...

Love this post. Well said. Most of these guys would never last in the 80’s and 90’s. And the people that think these guys are better than Bird, Magic, Jordan, etc have absolutely no clue. LeBron would have no clue how to play in those days. He would have been good of course, but those days he’d have no chance and would have been crying foul even more than he does now if that’s possible.

• kbsktbll88

@jlowery73 said...

Also: LOL at Draymond being more important then KD. The overrating of the mental midget Draymond is rampant on here. He is surrounded by 3 of the best shooters EVER.

Couldn’t agree more. Draymond is the definition of a system player, and he plays it well in GSW’s system. But to compare him to KD is laughable. Anybody who thinks KD isn’t the most valuable on that team must have not watched last year’s WCF. He was the only reason they stayed alive.

• Kmasonbx

@tmarohl said...

Energy guy, great rebounder. Obviously I am not saying they are on the same level, just that to me Montrezl is a poor mans Draymond. Dray obviously is a better defender, shooter and assist guy, just not a guy I am giving a max deal to.

Their games are just so different it’s a weird comparison. Harrell is an energy paint player who you don’t want making decisions on the perimeter and isn’t particularly good when getting switched on to guards. Draymond can grab a rebound and push it up the court and make a good decision or can get it at the top of the key and direct the offense. And defensively it makes it possible to switch everything and even go small against big teams because he’s so good as a post defender that bigger guys can’t take advantage of him and he’s such a good rim protector that you’re not sacrificing anything in that department either.

I don’t know if he’s a max guy but he’s a way better basketball player than Harrell.

• mbunner23

@kbsktbll88 said...

Couldn’t agree more. Draymond is the definition of a system player, and he plays it well in GSW’s system. But to compare him to KD is laughable. Anybody who thinks KD isn’t the most valuable on that team must have not watched last year’s WCF. He was on the reason they stayed alive.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).