7:00 PM EST : Detroit ( -3 ) at Charlotte ( 3 ) —- T: 219
    7:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 3.5 ) at Orlando ( -3.5 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( -7 ) at Memphis ( 7 ) —- T: 213.5
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 7.5 ) at Houston ( -7.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 6.5 ) at Minnesota ( -6.5 ) —- T: 237.5
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -3 ) at Okla City ( 3 ) —- T: 215
    10:30 PM EST : Boston ( -8 ) at Golden State ( 8 ) —- T: 225.5
    10:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 8 ) at LA Lakers ( -8.5 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

AD and Beal look great to me. I can make an argument they should both be 1k more expensive on DK.

You could make that argument, but you would be wrong :)

• monarch

@tmarohl said...

You could make that argument, but you would be wrong :)

I appreciate that witty reply. Can you give me some actual feedback/data to support that?

• Micah831

Alright boys i entered the RG contest today….That means I am going to take all your cash

• hobbes2d

@frugal said...

I would be a little surprised to see Chandler play more than 20. FWIW, House is also a GTD, though doubtful. If House is back I can certainly see them going smaller for a bit. I would think Hartenstein would have to make an appearance tonight though.

Sabonis would abuse him haha

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

I appreciate that witty reply. Can you give me some actual feedback/data to support that?

Sure. For AD, he has only had one game where he even hit or exceeded 6 X on DK at his current $9,600 price tag, and that was against fast paced Memphis. I consider him overpriced playing alongside LBJ at his current price. He is generally safe for 48-50 DK points, but not much upside at his current price. I’m looking for at least 6 X from every one I play. Raise his price another grand and that becomes extremely unlikely.

For Beal at $8,500, he has hit 5 X exactly 50% of the time this season at that price. He has hit 6X twice. He is probably priced exactly where he should be. He is playable at this price with a little room for upside. You price him up to $9,500 like you suggest and that room for upside is gone and he becomes unplayable.

• monarch

Well Beal had a 42 percent usage rate last game vs the Wolves and its far and away the fastest game of the night. It just needs to stay competitive. He could and before someone screams at me…let me emphasize “could” be the top raw scorer of the night.

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

Well Beal had a 42 percent usage rate last game vs the Wolves and its far and away the fastest game of the night. It just needs to stay competitive. He could and before someone screams at me…let me emphasize “could” be the top raw scorer of the night.

I’m playing Beal, just saying I wouldn’t if the price was $1000 higher like you suggested.

• tmarohl

Avery Bradley out one – two weeks.

• monarch

@tmarohl said...

I’m playing Beal, just saying I wouldn’t if the price was $1000 higher like you suggested.

I agree. At that point he would be more appropriately priced and not as good of a play. Hes basically the same price as Wiggins tonight on DK. That’s a pretty strong buy signal

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

I agree. At that point he would be more appropriately priced and not as good of a play. Hes basically the same price as Wiggins tonight on DK. That’s a pretty strong buy signal

I would argue that Wiggins has been fantastic lately, but that was without Teague in the lineup. I think he goes back to being Wiggins now.

• monarch

@tmarohl said...

I would argue that Wiggins has been fantastic lately, but that was without Teague in the lineup. I think he goes back to being Wiggins now.

I agree and think Wiggins is a perfectly fine play.

If you were to run a sim 100 times of this game you could make an argument that Wiggins outscored Beal a reasonable amount of the time, you could even say its 50/50 or greater for Wiggins. That makes him a good play.

But if you run a sim how many times does Wiggins get to a necessary score of say 66 DK pts vs Beal getting to 66 DK points. That’s where Beal separates and I want to have exposure vs a Wiggins.

• frugal

@hobbes2d said...

Sabonis would abuse him haha

Hartenstein? Yeah probably. But I mean, Chandler is 37. I think Sabonis is going to abuse whoever checks him tonight.

• Ace15

Steven Adams is interesting @4900. OKC probably needs to stay big maybe a couple more minutes for him tonight.

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

I agree and think Wiggins is a perfectly fine play.

If you were to run a sim 100 times of this game you could make an argument that Wiggins outscored Beal a reasonable amount of the time, you could even say its 50/50 or greater for Wiggins. That makes him a good play.

But if you run a sim how many times does Wiggins get to a necessary score of say 66 DK pts vs Beal getting to 66 DK points. That’s where Beal separates and I want to have exposure vs a Wiggins.

I’m saying Wiggins is a poor play

• monarch

@frugal said...

Hartenstein? Yeah probably. But I mean, Chandler is 37. I think Sabonis is going to abuse whoever checks him tonight.

Sabonis looks great but he is often his own worst enemy in terms of foul trouble. I’d like to think they make attacking Sabonis their number one priority.

• monarch

@tmarohl said...

I’m saying Wiggins is a poor play

And you are probably right. Nowadays when I take a stand on a player its met with vitriol on this board.

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

And you are probably right. Nowadays when I take a stand on a player its met with vitriol on this board.

I said now that Teague is back he would most likely revert to being Wiggins. A guy with no peripherals who is scoring dependent, that I rarely roster.

• hobbes2d

@frugal said...

Chandler is old but he’s long been a good post defender. I agree Sabonis will do well vs whoever though.

• hobbes2d

@tmarohl said...

I said now that Teague is back he would most likely revert to being Wiggins. A guy with no peripherals who is scoring dependent, that I rarely roster.

If they’re smart they will keep Point Wiggins going and Teague off the bench like last game. Worked out really well.

• tmarohl

@hobbes2d said...

If they’re smart they will keep Point Wiggins going and Teague off the bench like last game. Worked out really well.

This is the Timberwolves we are talking about right? I don’t think it is allowed to use “smart” in a sentence with the word “Timberwolves”

• chrisbanas

No talk about bogdan? He runs the show for the kings and isn’t 7,000 yet on fd

• Njsum1

@tmarohl said...

Well that depends. Last game they brought Teague off the bench. Wiggins is a player the Wolves have been desperately hoping would take a leap in his career and finally has. Yet he’s needed the ball in his hands to do so.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the wolves continue to bring Teague off the bench. Teague also excelled off the bench. Let’s see what happens.

• hobbes2d

@tmarohl said...

This is the Timberwolves we are talking about right? I don’t think it is allowed to use “smart” in a sentence with the word “Timberwolves”

Thibs isn’t the coach anymore. Saunders seems to be doing smart things this year to get the best out of his better players.

• Ace15

Keep thinking Draymond going to have a good game…but continues to fail. Do we have any faith tonight?

• realphipps

Kris Dunn cost me tens of dollars last night. And I’m a board regular. Is anyone debating realphipps’ emotional state today? Of course not.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).