7:00 PM EST : Detroit ( -3 ) at Charlotte ( 3 ) —- T: 219
    7:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 3.5 ) at Orlando ( -3.5 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( -7 ) at Memphis ( 7 ) —- T: 213.5
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 7.5 ) at Houston ( -7.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 6.5 ) at Minnesota ( -6.5 ) —- T: 237.5
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -3 ) at Okla City ( 3 ) —- T: 215
    10:30 PM EST : Boston ( -8 ) at Golden State ( 8 ) —- T: 225.5
    10:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 8 ) at LA Lakers ( -8.5 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• monarch

@Ace15 said...

I get the Conley narrative and MEM is trash against guards, but he still 6400. My early builds have a lot more Mitchell than Conley. What am I missing? I don’t think it’s a absolute smash spot. Will 5X really win a GPP? Feel like he needs to go at least 7X. I’ve been wrong a lot this week so idk.

He is someone I want exposure to because he can 8x in this setting. He likely wont but if he does then you will need him.

• superstars92

There is no narrative with Mike Conley. He has 0 technical fouls in his entire basketball career. He’s a team player, he won’t go out of his way to have a big game. Jazz are the worst DFS team in the NBA because every single player on the team passes the ball to another teammate if they aren’t open.

• tmarohl

@hobbes2d said...

He’s good he’s just not someone who can take the scoring load or anything when guys are out. He’s like PJ Tucker. He’s a great player who needs to be on a good team so he can just concentrate on playing defense and doing all the dirty work etc. Like he can’t shoot very well but he can drive and get layups or kick it out to open shooters but GS has nobody like that right now other than DLo.

You said it in a nicer way than me.

• Ace15

@monarch said...

He is someone I want exposure to because he can 8x in this setting. He likely wont but if he does then you will need him.

I see it. tough choice, feel like I could just pay down and get Shai. I’m a sucker for narratives though.

• monarch

Conley will be the one open with Ja such an undisciplined defender at this stage always hunting the steal or rebound.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Seems like it’d be wiser to forfeit tonight against a non-conference opponent. Tomorrow you have the Wolves, who are also on a B2B.

Like I said, I don’t think Westbrook rests at all. That is just speculation on everyone’s part because he sat the second game of the last back to back. They didn’t have as severe of injury concerns at that point.

• monarch

@Ace15 said...

I see it. tough choice, feel like I could just pay down and get Shai. I’m a sucker for narratives though.

I love Shai. I’d rather have Shai, those type dudes kill the Sixers

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

There is no narrative with Mike Conley. He has 0 technical fouls in his entire basketball career. He’s a team player, he won’t go out of his way to have a big game. Jazz are the worst DFS team in the NBA because every single player on the team passes the ball to another teammate if they aren’t open.

The narrative with Conley is that he loves Memphis, and they love him. The fans will be cheering him on. He will want to have a good game. His team mates will want him to have a good game. It is also a pace up game for Utah. Does that mean he will smash? No, but as far as narratives go, this is the type I buy into. Also, Rozier put up 53 fantasy points against the Grizzlies the other day. Sign me up.

• captainwacky

Yeah, like I said, there’s just lots of things going for Conley. He has to progress his shooting at some point. Pace up. Ja Morant is a cone. Fans love him there, teammates are usually willing to let dudes have their moment if it’s allowable in game flow, which it should be. Cheap. Doesn’t have many twin brothers. It’s all there.

• superstars92

@tmarohl said...

The narrative with Conley is that he loves Memphis, and they love him. The fans will be cheering him on. He will want to have a good game. His team mates will want him to have a good game. It is also a pace up game for Utah. Does that mean he will smash? No, but as far as narratives go, this is the type I buy into.

Good game as in like 18/6/4/1/0 I guess for like 35 FPs and an easy win, but he has no ceiling type of game ability because at the end of the day, everyone the Jazz is too unselfish and they just want to win.

Jazz players are the most annoying in DFS, only Gobert can have a ceiling game and it’s only due to defensive stats/rebounds, not offensively.

• siddom

On DK do I go Walker-Bitdaze or SGA-T.Bryant?

• captainwacky

@superstars92 said...

Good game as in like 18/6/4/1/0 I guess for like 35 FPs and an easy win, but he has no ceiling type of game ability because at the end of the day, everyone the Jazz is too unselfish and they just want to win.

Jazz players are the most annoying in DFS, only Gobert can have a ceiling game and it’s only due to defensive stats/rebounds, not offensively.

I mean, sure, but what if that turns into 18/10/4/2/1 (which is not outlandish)— on DK that’s pushing 50, which is how ceilings are reached without incredible circumstances :)

• superstars92

@captainwacky said...

I mean, sure, but what if that turns into 18/10/4/2/1 (which is not outlandish)— on DK that’s pushing 50, which is how ceilings are reached without incredible circumstances :)

That’s only like 45, but I get your point. Still, it’s pretty much impossible for Conley to get 10 assists, if he’s gonna get 40+ FPs and push 50, he has to do it through scoring. If he somehow gets like 25 points then yea that would be the realistic scneario, but assists are so hard to get for the Jazz because he doesn’t really play PG.

• superstars92

The Thunder aren’t much better than the Jazz at the FPs distribution either, but SGA has a comparable floor and higher ceiling than Conley (if you don’t factor in special circumstances, but I don’t factor that in too much unless it’s some guy like Jordan Clarkson who thinks he’s MJ).

• Ace15

I pretty much have 100% Terrance Ross. He’s the Malik Monk of the other night. I also really like Marco B. Ya’ll can thank me later.

• BBWC_10

@superstars92 said...

Tyson Chandler is 4k, but PJ Tucker is only 4.5k

Both are going to probably play C tonight. I just don’t know the minutes distribution. You can make an argument Tucker at 4.5k is a better play than Tyson at 4k because you don’t really need that extra 500 in a lot of teams.

Chandler has no offensive skill…. IMO I’d go the 4.5

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Ace15 said...

I pretty much have 100% Terrance Ross. He’s the Malik Monk of the other night. I also really like Marco B. Ya’ll can thank me later.

why and why

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

why and why

That was much more succinct than what I was starting to type. We’ll go with yours.

• Ace15

@Pandamonious said...

why and why

Lol, Minutes are ticking in the right direction for both players. Can see SA blowing them out and scrubs getting time or vice versa ORL blowing SA out. SA on thier first B2B I think Pop will stretch the bench a bit. They got POR tomorrow much tougher matchup think he really limits the starters tonights. Maybe Marco B gets 20-23 mins. Like Ross as a GPP high upside guy if he gets hot. Marco B only guy in that cheapo range who’s getting minutes and has a good history against ORL. It’s thin but yeahh I like it.

Edit: I’m also tilting pretty bad this week lol so that might be it as well! DK though almost 100% Ross.

• captainwacky

I mean, I had multiple lineups with Nic Claxton yesterday, so I can’t question your logic there. Blowout-Kits are some of my favorite lineup constructions.

• superstars92

@BBWC_10 said...

Chandler has no offensive skill…. IMO I’d go the 4.5

I’m really interested in seeing what the Rockets do at backup C. If this was a playoff game and Capela was out, it would be fairly straight forward, you just play Chandler 24 mins, and Tucker 40 minutes with 24 at the C. Pacers have no post player besides Sabonis on their entire roster so you would only be sacrificing about 12 mins of Tucker vs Sabonis (24 for Chander) and Tucker is strong and can hold his ground.

But given this is a regular season game, I think they will try to see how Hartenstein plays because he is a good G league player.

• superstars92

@Ace15 said...

I mean Ross isn’t a terrible play, not many 4k players with as much upside as him.

• monarch

I’d rather go back to McLemore over Ross or even Justin Holiday. I need to figure out that Rockets-Pacers game

• monarch

@superstars92 said...

I mean Ross isn’t a terrible play, not many 4k players with as much upside as him.

He isn’t getting the shot volume anymore. Maybe tonight is different

• Ace15

@superstars92 said...

Yepp, It’s a GPP winning type of play. More times than not he’ll go busto though. guys like Ross just need that first one to go down. If it does, watch out. They get real into themselves and start chucking lol.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).