NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -7 ) at Boston ( 7 ) —- T: 215
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• yisman

https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/contest/2182602/47365618

16 entrants

6 way tie for 4th so all the people tied lose 30 bucks-

• bigkino217

@KnivesShady said...

Just curious what would 260 have earned in the $8 on DK? Like $16?

$25

• bigkino217

@yisman said...

16 entrants

lol they literally all used the lineup that the RG lineup builder spat out. i know this because i always throw it in a $1 contest just to see how it does, and i have that same lineup.

• Lathum

@yisman said...

16 entrants

Been thinking about upping my yahoo play. Would have finished 3 rd.

• MikedUpDFS

@NoLimits0 said...

I think it’s better than min cash. It’s probably more than 16.

Cool, thanks. Still sticking to low buy in NBA till I feel more comfortable.

• Brian7479

As a Spurs fan I can’t wait for Kawhi to come back. Too bad he can’t get his revenge game against GS until February.

Sorry about all the Gifs but please don’t let this injury be a career changer! Please!

• MikedUpDFS

@bigkino217 said...

$25

Thanks

• superstars92

@NoLimits0 said...

I think superstars woulda nearly won the 8 too. He actually woulda won with a 3 from James.

Yea that’s funny. He actually woulda won if James didn’t miss a point blank layup or a late open 3. Tucker will get 2 points fewer from his non block so the missed layup actually cost him. I wonder if he’s actually relieved James missed a point blank layup because just like the 3 dollar guy it’s a what if scenario.

Nah you can’t win if you don’t enter. I’m fine.

Anyways tomorrow, easy plays -> Lou Williams and Derrick Favors. I won’t overthink the fact their prices jumped like Harden’s priced jumped. Lou Williams is still worth it at 6.6k on DK. Favors is still sub 6k. Both still worth it.

Lou Williams has two 50 point games out of the last 3, is averaging over 40 points his last 3. And more importantly, he’s facing the CLE defense tomorrow. Don’t overthink the price jump to 6.6k.

Bev out. Gallo still out. Rivers still sucks. DJ needs to donate half of his money to the CP3 Jr. trust fund. Blake is ok I guess, but we all know the usage of the 4 players I just listed all pretty much go to Lou Williams with Blake having his old usage.

Also, did I mention it was against the Cavs and a similar combo guard named Tim Hardaway put up like around 60 FPs a few days ago?

• bigkino217

@superstars92 said...

Nah you can’t win if you don’t enter. I’m fine.

Anyways tomorrow, easy plays -> Lou Williams and Derrick Favors. I won’t overthink the fact their prices jumped like Harden’s priced jumped. Lou Williams is still worth it at 6.6k on DK. Favors is still sub 6k. Both still worth it.

Lou Williams has two 50 point games out of the last 3, is averaging over 40 points his last 3. And more importantly, he’s facing the CLE defense tomorrow. Don’t overthink the price jump to 6.6k.

Bev out. Gallo still out. Rivers still sucks. DJ needs to donate half of his money to the CP3 Jr. trust fund.

i still like lou on DK, but on FD he jumped to 7.7K lol.

• bigkino217

monroe is gonna be so chalky tomorrow as long as he doesn’t have some b2b restriction lol. pretty much a free square

• superstars92

@bigkino217 said...

i still like lou on DK, but on FD he jumped to 7.7K lol.

Yea at 6.6k on DK against the Cavs, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s pretty chalky still.

There’s also Donovan Mitchell tomorrow at around the same price. Both should be chalky, especially if Rubio is out.

However, Lou Williams is the better player if you want to go by just film. Mitchell will be better one day at this rate though.

• superstars92

@bigkino217 said...

monroe is gonna be so chalky tomorrow as long as he doesn’t have some b2b restriction lol

Probably 100% owned in the super high stake tournaments. I’m gonna take a look at the Live Tab tomorrow at like the Thunderdome. With like 20 people, I would be shocked if he was not 100% owned. He’s probably gonna be like 80% owned in the 400 dollar tourney.

The thing is you have to pick him though. It’s not even right to pivot off of him because he’s so cheap. It’s like Chalmers the other night. Chalmers was still in the winning lineup even though he only went for 5x. Monroe is expected to go for like 8x, and even if he does 5x, good chance he’s in the winning lineup.

• bigkino217

@superstars92 said...

Probably 100% owned in the super high stake tournaments. I’m gonna take a look at the Live Tab tomorrow at like the Thunderdome. With like 20 people, I would be shocked if he was not 100% owned. He’s probably gonna be like 80% owned in the 400 dollar tourney.

The thing is you have to pick him though. It’s not even right to pivot off of him because he’s so cheap. It’s like Chalmers the other night. Chalmers was still in the winning lineup even though he only went for 5x. Monroe is expected to go for like 8x, and even if he does 5x, good chance he’s in the winning lineup.

yea i just take him and hope other people try to find pivots lol. i assume he’ll be a bit lower owned on FD where you can only have one C, but on DK id expect him in just about every lineup.

• RogueGrinder

Mike james will probably score a 40 next game.

• BBWC_10

FYI….Cousins owns Jokic!!!!

• superstars92

@RogueGrinder said...

Mike james will probably score a 40 next game.

After watching tonight’s game, it’s quite embarrassing how bad the Suns are. It’s the first time I’ve actually watched them instead of just looked at the stats. Devin Booker is their only really good player and a future All-Star. His defense is terrible (as are all Suns except maybe Ulis for his effort) right now though, but at least he’s got exceptional shot making and is improving as a play maker. TJ Warren is ok, but he probably doesn’t start for many other NBA teams. He puts up big numbers for the Suns because they have no other option besides Booker. Monroe is ok, but he probably doesn’t start for many teams because his defense is terrible. He’s on a rental anyways so I don’t consider him a Sun.

Josh Jackson -> cannot shoot the ball. He’s athletic and a good wing defender but has absolutely no offensive game except for the occasional athletic dunk/drive. Should not have been #4. Kyle Kuzma is way better and I’m not sure Jackson will ever be as good

Marquese Chriss -> I have no idea why he’s starting. All he does is foul. I guess he has some stretch 4 potential but he can’t really play defense without fouling and he’s not strong enough to play inside

Mike James + Tyler Ulis -> The two worst NBA starting PGs (whoever starts). James doesn’t know what a PG is supposed to do. He thinks he’s AI or something. Ulis is a tough defender, but his height limits him no matter how tenacious he is. He can’t shoot the ball at all nor he can even drive like IT3.

Alex Len -> puts up big stats in spurts, but he’s not a good player. Is not a modern NBA center. He’s like a Jahlil Okafor type, maybe better but not as good as JoVal, and JoVal doesn’t even play that much anymore

Dragan Bender -> this guy was the 4th pick? Heading towards bust territory. I guess he’s still young but doesn’t look like he has the athleticism or skill to be an impact player for the 4th pick. Maybe he can be a good role player/fringe starter

I think it’s time to hire Sam Hinkie. Even the “top picks” they get are terrible except Booker.

• bigkino217

@BBWC_10 said...

FYI….Cousins owns Jokic!!!!

its unfortunate because against most other teams id be 100% jokic at his price

• NoLimits0

Millsap is the play.

• Tpcslj47

Can anyone explain to me why tonight, 1st place for the FD quarter gpp was $1500 and tomorrow it will be about 80% the size but first place will pay $400?

• HandlesUp

• 2018 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

Tons of great plays tomorrow.

• Kamais_Ookin

Shouldn’t have went heavy on today’s slate I got smoked by luc scratch and marq chriss/mike james. Lost lots of bankroll, I’ll give it another try tomorrow and see if I can recuperate.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@Kamais_Ookin said...

Shouldn’t have went heavy on today’s slate I got smoked by luc scratch and marq chriss/mike james. Lost lots of bankroll, I’ll give it another try tomorrow and see if I can recuperate.

Sorry to hear that man. Most of us have been there. I was in the same boat last week in NFL. Depleted a lot of my bank roll. So I limited myself in NBA through the week. But have cashed everyday in NBA, so building back slowly. And hopefully NFL will treat us ALL better this weekend. I don’t think we see another crazy weekend in NFL like we did last weekend for a while!

• chronoxiong

@Kamais_Ookin said...

I’m with you on the same boat man. I didn’t have Moute but have Chriss and had no Harden so I lost all my games. I’m on a 3 night losing streak and the bleeding needs to be stopped. If it doesn’t stop tomorrow night, I might not play Saturday and save my money for NFL Sunday.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@chronoxiong said...

I’m with you on the same boat man. I didn’t have Moute but have Chriss and had no Harden so I lost all my games. I’m on a 3 night losing streak and the bleeding needs to be stopped. If it doesn’t stop tomorrow night, I might not play Saturday and save my money for NFL Sunday.

Yeah, Friday’s are usually my last night of the week for NBA. I typically don’t play saturdays unless it’s really low stakes .25-1 just to get my beak wet and I have to love the slate. I put all my focus into NFL after friday night. And I don’t ever play NBA on sunday. It’s a good thing to limit yourself sometimes!

• zigdeuce

@Kamais_Ookin said...

Luc scratch hurt me too. 3 games or less and I go light… a couple $3 GPPs and maybe a single entry 5. Save the bankroll for the meatier slates, lol.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).