• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : New York ( 1 ) at Washington ( -1 ) —- T: 201.5
    7:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 0 ) at Miami ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 11 ) at Minnesota ( -11 ) —- T: 214
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 11 ) at Minnesota ( -11 ) —- T: 214
    10:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 0 ) at Utah ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• catcountry21

Question for anyone that isn’t getting absolutely throttled this year in DK NBA. Say you pick a solid core of 3-4 guys and lock them into your lineups for the night. How many lineups would you play them in? I know this all depends on bankroll, but even then I couldn’t imagine having 100 lineups all with the same 3-4 guys.

I guess this is a good way to either make a killing or lose your shirt. :) Gotta love DFS

• wlynch82

@JSteele said...

One guy who is seemingly going overlooked is Ryan Anderson. Vegas says he is favoured to have something like a 14 pt – 7 rebound game.

He has been absolutely awful lately. Although I guess that could mean he is in a great spot GPP wise. He has been shooting sub 40% and doing absolutely nothing besides 3s, pts and rebs. It would be a very sneaky play though because his value has adjusted to his horrid form. God forbid he has a throwback Ryan Anderson game.

• Lionfan22

Fire up Grant, Hill is out

• TeHDruiD

@Jstri said...

Anybody like Rudy Gobert? Going against Chicago who has been terrible against centers and no Favors

No, but I do like Gibson and Lopez a lot for GPP’s

• stats99tuff

@JSteele said...

Embiid’s upside just seems to be so limited by that minutes limit. If he puts up 31 like he did last time in a good matchup he kills your GPP chances and if he has a good game its capped at around 40, which is solid but you can find that kind of production from a guy like Capela at 5100. I can only play 2 C’s and Whiteside and Capela are them.

the exact reason I got off the Embid train

• lastcallcasualty

@DomTwan said...

Jerian Grant will also be running point for my ball clubs tonight with the Rondo news.

Seems like a lot of value at guard tonight, I may be paying up for Harden a lot now because I can feel comfortable doing so, even though I don’t love his matchup and the B2B

Harden put up only 13 points last night. He’s going to heeving up 100 shots tonight. I’m all in on him.

• Dfspacman

Otto Porter is popping of my pen and paper model…

• JSteele

@Dfspacman said...

He played 41 minutes last night. Your call

• thedkexperience

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

I don’t see how anyone can do anything besides go with a balanced line up or just one player above 8-9k with mid tier from there. I know there is SOME value out there but I don’t see those guys having the upside to win you a GPP. I think maybe one punt to fit in a guy who’s around 9k and the rest 7-6k guys is the way to go.

Last night this was exactly what I was saying. In a small slate though things change.

This is why “(player X) is a must play” arguments are often silly. This whole game is slate dependent. The only thing I’m sure of is that less games means less options and vice versa.

• americanpaleale

@BBWC_10 said...

Did anyone watch the Phx game last night? I did really well last night but I would of killed it if Bledsoe did anything. What was the deal with Knight? Just following on gamecast, looked like he took every shot.

I watched. Knight was on an absolute heater and no one on Denver could stop him. He kept driving in the paint and scoring, dunking over people, was crazy. Looks like he is healthy again and like he did before he got traded from Milwaukee. Bledsoe was just non-existent in the offense last night, between Knight and Booker, not enough shots to go around.

• Kegjmr

@Dfspacman said...

I was on him too until I looked at his last 2 b2b games.. didn’t really perform well in either but good luck!

• Damodei12

Jabari Parker or embiid tonight in utility spot for a cash game?

• Vanco

Putting my first ever entry into the Crossover. Have rarely ventured past the $1-4 games. Chance at $25k with only 9.6k people vs 114,000 seems pretty enticing.

edit: first ever

• RobertoTomba

@jbb18 said...

Cash I am Porter Wiggins or Ariza. I think GPP you can make a case for Anthony.

Wiggins…heck yeah.

Porter and Ariza…maybe, because their back-to-back numbers are questionable. Both seemed to be unaffected by B2Bs last season, but both have done poorly this season. Observe:

Porter overall (2016): 15.2 points. 8.3 boards, 1.6 assists
    Porter B2B (2016): 9 points, 8.5 boards, 0.5 assists
    Porter B2B (2015): 13.4 points, 5.1 boards, 1.6 assists

Ariza overall (2016): 12.2 points, 4.9 boards, 2.3 assists
    Ariza B2B (2016): 8 points, 4 boards, 3 assists
    Ariza B2B (2015): 12.5 points, 4.3 boards, 2.2 assists

• pepsies15

Has anyone here ever won a large GPP in NBA, on either site? Sorry for the random question, just curious. Someone give me hope haha.

• wlynch82

@pepsies15 said...

Has anyone here ever won a large GPP in NBA, on either site? Sorry for the random question, just curious. Someone give me hope haha.

I won some 2400 person turbo type deal last Christmas night. GS played CLE and I had neither Curry nor Lebron. Won with some mediocre score in the 260s.

Been doing really well on GPPs so far this year. Mostly just committing to one lineup and entering it a bunch of times. Like some other users have said, it almost seems like you have a better chance of cashing in GPPs because of all the sharks in the 50/50s. Plus you get the GPP upside taboot.

• JSteele

@pepsies15 said...

Haven’t won a big GPP but i’ve come close in the Quarter Arcade and $3 sharpshooter. Came 4th in the QA and can’t remember the SS but won $750 that night.

• cfitz19

With $6,100 remaining and my utility spot open, who do I go to? Help…..Lavine, Embiid, Gobert, or Ariza???

• mh8235

@pepsies15 said...

Never won NBA GPP…best I did was like 3x my buy in, but have won several NFL largest being 10k…I’ve been doing basketball all year and everyday I say it’s my last…

• Vanco

@pepsies15 said...

1st for $2k in the and-one last year. Tim Duncan went ham for 44 points that night and I love him for life for that. +$3800 on the season.

You can do it!

• Dmurphy104

• Blogger of the Month

Are we comfortable that Rondo actually misses the game?

• hunteezee

Salary aside, rank these plays. Wiggins, Hayward, Butler? No hill and favors for Hayward, and no Rondo for butler. I’m thinking those two are the way to go. ( assuming Rondo will be ruled out )

• JSteele

Rondo was only able to do some spot shooting this morning at shootaround. Yes we are comfortable he misses the game

• Brandon23

@hunteezee said...

Salary aside, rank these plays. Wiggins, Hayward, Butler? No hood and favors for Hayward, and no Rondo for butler. I’m thinking those two are the way to go. ( assuming Rondo will be ruled out )

Hood is playing tonight unless news just came out saying otherwise.

• chronoxiong

Anyone think Trey Lyles might be a trap? Won’t be surprised if he ends up trapping.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.