7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 9 ) at Toronto ( -9 ) —- T: 215.5
    7:30 PM EST : Indiana ( 0 ) at Brooklyn ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -7.5 ) at Chicago ( 7.5 ) —- T: 229
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 6.5 ) at Houston ( -6.5 ) —- T: 231.5
    8:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 4.5 ) at Dallas ( -4.5 ) —- T: 224.5
    9:00 PM EST : Boston ( 3.5 ) at Phoenix ( -3.5 ) —- T: 227.5
    9:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 0 ) at Utah ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 0 ) at LA Clippers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #74

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@captainwacky said...

I just convinced myself to look at everything for the first time today. Haven’t seen much mention of Paul George. Thoughts?

If Kawhi is out, for sure. If Kawhi is in, I don’t know. Have to see the dynamic first. Obviously they could both do well in the same game, but considering where PG has been minutes wise and not knowing how much they’ll bump him up I would feel better just leaving it alone. This slate is big enough and there’s enough other good plays that I don’t feel like I would need to push him into line ups.

• ghostfacekicker

@ELopez432 said...

Thoughts on Whiteside? Undepriced, minutes trending up, & needed vs.Capela

Depends on how many minutes you’re forecasting. FPPM monster. GPP play for sure. Always eats Capela and Houston. But he’s kind of expensive if you’re trying to get 2 stars in. Also, he is always a threat to foul out. Capela is out so he will eat. All comes down to projected minutes.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id1_hint=Clint+Capela&player_id1_select=Clint+Capela&player_id1=capelca01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Hassan+Whiteside&player_id2_select=Hassan+Whiteside&player_id2=whiteha01&idx=players

• chronoxiong

So who from the OKC Thunder owes this one adult entertainer some money? Lol. CP3? Turd Ferguson? Schroder? Or plot twist in Steven Adams?

Aaron Holiday gonna be 80% owned in cash tonight. The question for me is it worth paying up for PF and Center tonight. The studs are listed at PG, SG and SF. Center is Towns against Gobert which scares me.

• ghostfacekicker

@Pandamonious said...

If Kawhi is out, for sure. If Kawhi is in, I don’t know. Have to see the dynamic first. Obviously they could both do well in the same game, but considering where PG has been minutes wise and not knowing how much they’ll bump him up I would feel better just leaving it alone. This slate is big enough and there’s enough other good plays that I don’t feel like I would need to push him into line ups.

When everything settles down I think they will mesh better than Harden and Westbrook have so far. Siakam (different type of player than PG I know) still had a monster year last year. Plus they will alternate sitting out for the whole season.

• noddy

@Calicapo said...

A Holiday is easy too expensive on DK… but if Sabonis is out, then yeah, he makes sense.

There’s a chance Sabonis is out?

• JSteele

@noddy said...

There’s a chance Sabonis is out?

Nah he’s in

• ghostfacekicker

@chronoxiong said...

So who from the OKC Thunder owes this one adult entertainer some money? Lol. CP3? Turd Ferguson? Schroder? Or plot twist in Steven Adams?

Aaron Holiday gonna be 80% owned in cash tonight. The question for me is it worth paying up for PF and Center tonight. The studs are listed at PG, SG and SF. Center is Towns against Gobert which scares me.

FD lock in Holiday. SGA revenge game, eh?

• tmarohl

@ghostfacekicker said...

When everything settles down I think they will mesh better than Harden and Westbrook have so far. Siakam (different type of player than PG I know) still had a monster year last year. Plus they will alternate sitting out for the whole season.

I agree with that take. My guess is that Kawhi is taking the night off again. They are being ultra careful with him.

• ghostfacekicker

Anybody else feeling Musa tonight?

• ELopez432

@ghostfacekicker said...

Depends on how many minutes you’re forecasting. FPPM monster. GPP play for sure. Always eats Capela and Houston. But he’s kind of expensive if you’re trying to get 2 stars in. Also, he is always a threat to foul out. Capela is out so he will eat. All comes down to projected minutes.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id1_hint=Clint+Capela&player_id1_select=Clint+Capela&player_id1=capelca01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Hassan+Whiteside&player_id2_select=Hassan+Whiteside&player_id2=whiteha01&idx=players

Capela is in which I would think 30+ minutes. This slate has lots of potential, you may not need to pay up for 2 studs

• tmarohl

Just an FYI, a poster on the discord chat mentioned that Kawhi did not participate in shoot around today.

• ghostfacekicker

@ghostfacekicker said...

Culver or Musa are getting a spot on my team tonight.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@ghostfacekicker said...

There was a lot of foul trouble for the Nets back court in that game early. That might be possible, and he will still get run anyway, but it might have been an anomaly.

• gausman7

@tmarohl said...

I don’t agree. I have hardly built a FD lineup that did not include Luka. I have absolutely no interest in Kat against Utah as while we can’t predict blowouts, but that has blowout written all over it. I’m not paying for Harden at all, because his output goes down about 8 points with Westbrook in the lineup. Seeing that Holiday is the free square, and I like Doncic, I will probably not have much Westbrook either.

I appreciate the opinion. I think there is going to be a ton of double pay down at PG tonight. I’m glad that you’re loving Doncic because I trust your opinion and know you have solid results a lot of nights.

I personally like KAT tonight with no Wiggins due to his usage. Hate the pace, but that’s why it’s a tourney play. We shall see.

• yisman

really amazing the amount of games this season which are basically D League rosters facing off as the teams scratch most or all of the NBA players on the roster.

Not a very good product.

• hcassidy

@Pandamonious said...

His minutes were supposed to go up last game, but because of the immense blowout they only needed him to do 20. I think he may push 28-30 minutes tonight.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@yisman said...

really amazing the amount of games this season which are basically D League rosters facing off as the teams scratch most or all of the NBA players on the roster.

Not a very good product.

Which games are you referring to?

• tmarohl

@gausman7 said...

I appreciate the opinion. I think there is going to be a ton of double pay down at PG tonight. I’m glad that you’re loving Doncic because I trust your opinion and know you have solid results a lot of nights.

I personally like KAT tonight with no Wiggins due to his usage. Hate the pace, but that’s why it’s a tourney play. We shall see.

11.6 in that pace down game is a lot to swallow. You will certainly have unique lineup construction, as Kat is projected to be only 6% owned on FD.

• gaelicgirl

@captainwacky said...

I just convinced myself to look at everything for the first time today. Haven’t seen much mention of Paul George. Thoughts?

First, thank you for mentioning the late game!
    Been wondering all day how he’ll be affected if Kawhi plays. Yesterday evening Mark Medina tweeted:
    “Clippers listing Kawhi Leonard and Patrick Beverley as questionable for tomorrow vs OKC. FWIW, Doc Rivers said that Kawhi ‘most definitely’ will play tomorrow but we’ll see.”
    Then this morning he tweeted that Beverley was on the floor after morning shootaround but Kawhi wasn’t. It’s going to be annoying if Kawhi becomes the Embiid of the West this season, considering what time their home games start.

• yisman

@captainwacky said...

Which games are you referring to?

there’s been some this season. I’d say Pelicans/Warriors was a good example.

• hcassidy

This is an interesting stat, kinda makes me stand behind the Fades I did as you need peripherals as well to win a GPP.

The Blazers are the only team in the NBA with more than half of their field goals being unassisted as 56.2% of their baskets are unassisted. The Rockets rank third at 47.9%. Houston (21.7 PPG) and Portland (11.8 PPG) are the only two teams to average at least 10 points per game on isolation plays.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

Next question for Fanduel- Taj Gibson; try it again? It really only would take a little 1st quarter momentum for him to decimate at his price.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@yisman said...

there’s been some this season. I’d say Pelicans/Warriors was a good example.

I kinda get what you’re saying, I just don’t think these are purposefully created situations.

• Bnett2210

@tmarohl said...

11.6 in that pace down game is a lot to swallow. You will certainly have unique lineup construction, as Kat is projected to be only 6% owned on FD.

What are your thoughts on Lillard and CJ? I have mentioned them couple times today but not much feedback. For some reason I keep coming back to them tonight. I’m not sure of the 2 which I like better, I know CJ has averaged 21.5 shot attempts in the last 6 games and someone is goi to be shooting and scoring to try and make it competitive.

• Supersharpie

Tucker or Allen on FD?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler