7:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 11.5 ) at Atlanta ( -11.5 ) —- T: 208
    7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( -4 ) at Brooklyn ( 4 ) —- T: 204
    7:30 PM EST : Houston ( 1.5 ) at New York ( -1.5 ) —- T: 214.5
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 5.5 ) at Memphis ( -5.5 ) —- T: 206
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 3.5 ) at Boston ( -3.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    9:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 5 ) at Utah ( -5 ) —- T: 189
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( -3 ) at Phoenix ( 3 ) —- T: 215.5
    10:30 PM EST : Okla City ( 7 ) at LA Clippers ( -7 ) —- T: 207.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• frugal

@billholler said...

I’ve mentioned it before but no one ever really notices but if you are looking for a guy that’s $3-4000 that gets 3-5x value, you have almost no chance for a top 50ish finish in a big GPP with no chance of winning. It is rare for a winning LU in a big GPP to have a player with less than 30 points and extremely rare for that sub 30 point player to actually be a sub 4k (DK value) player.

This of course is for full slates. Smaller ones like the late or turbo DK slates with 2 or 3 games are completely opposite and almost always have a 3-4k guy in the winning LU.

This is only partially accurate. Winning lineups are 100% based on points per dollar spent. If you roster a stud that goes for 7X and a scrub for 4X you will beat 1 mid priced players returning 6X. Example $10K stud and $3K scrub returning 82 vs 2 $6.5 players returning 78. When you have < $4K players in position to well exceed 5X, it allows you to play higher floor players at higher salaries. For example last night’s quarter arcade winner included Dellavedova, Leuer, and Soloman Hill. The night before Matt Barnes. The night before that Dellavedova, Barea, and David Lee.

• noddy

@billholler said...

I’ve mentioned it before but no one ever really notices but if you are looking for a guy that’s $3-4000 that gets 3-5x value, you have almost no chance for a top 50ish finish in a big GPP with no chance of winning. It is rare for a winning LU in a big GPP to have a player with less than 30 points and extremely rare for that sub 30 point player to actually be a sub 4k (DK value) player.

This of course is for full slates. Smaller ones like the late or turbo DK slates with 2 or 3 games are completely opposite and almost always have a 3-4k guy in the winning LU.

Interesting.

• dominicanpapi

@Bayzguy said...

Why doesn’t FD have express or late night up yet any ideas?

Poster said it could be so that the Slam fills up. At this point it’s almost half full. Those slates usually go up around noon Eastern, if they haven’t put it up, they won’t be going to.

• S7ubs

@lastcallcasualty said...

Blowout factor? Just because they’re playing the Sixers does not mean there’s a blowout factor. Just like last year. Every night the Sixers played someone decent everyone was worried about the “blowout” factor and all year their games were always close. C’mon people! Enough with the blowout factor stuff.

Well the spread is 12. Sounds like a potential blowout to me at some point

• California_Cool

Because you hate George Hill, Ish,Sergio, Frazier, Rose, guys in better spots and at a lower $?

• mattyice522

@dominicanpapi said...

Poster said it could be so that the Slam fills up. At this point it’s almost half full. Those slates usually go up around noon Eastern, if they haven’t put it up, they won’t be going to.

good point. I don’t think it is going to fill but that is just from the way it looks now.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@Supersharpie said...

Man, someone must have opened a bag of pretzels because it is awfully salty in here!

hmm..I have seen way worse so stfu…I’m kidding. Pretty tame in here right now.

• PlaymakerChris

SF to play on Fanduel 4k or less?

• DSofM

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #53

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 NASCAR Live Finalist

• Blogger of the Month

@California_Cool said...

Because you hate George Hill, Ish,Sergio, Frazier, Rose, guys in better spots and at a lower $?

Gonna assume this was a reply to my DWill post and hes only 5.2k on DK… Barea and Wes hobbled a bit tonight. Feel like 7x in reach even against Utah.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

Sucks I have a 5:30 appointment tonight. Can’t handle another Conley but I think I have everyone who is suppose to play.

• Bayzguy

Just got a email from FD they are not going to post anything till hour or so before tipoff

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

Lyles has to be in a play again right ?

• RobertoTomba

I keep looking at my lineups, and I still have Derrick Rose. I’m going to keep an eye on his status right up to tip-off, of course. The scorch marks from last season haven’t healed yet.

• rockpie

Canaan may be worth a punt as Rondo’s top backup with MCW out. The guy has been on fire recently.

• lastcallcasualty

@Divine_Prodigy said...

Give me all the Eric Bledsoe tonight and I’d love for him to go underowned. PG’s against Lillard has always been a thing for me and I’ll be damned if it stops now .

Well you just blew your little secret now didn’t ya?

• Sizmik

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

Sitting here looking at this line up I made on DK, it’s Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Anthony Davis and a bunch of 3K guys. Going to be fun to see where this line up ends up. All of the 3K guys should be starters tonight as well, except one.

I have that same lineup, could be a disaster but who cares lol

• csandbizzle

@rockpie said...

Canaan may be worth a punt as Rondo’s top backup with MCW out. The guy has been on fire recently.

Valentine is also going to apparently get minutes …per Hoiberg but canaan can certainly catch fire

• California_Cool

Wes Matthews, Barea, Curry, Dirk in, Harrison Barnes is gonna be chuckin, Gobert guarding the Rim. I think there are too many negatives vs positives to play DWill

• cheddarbob

Rank these guys on DK:

Tyler Zeller

Tarik Black

Rashuan Homes

Nance Jr

Muscala

Nicholson

Hawes

• AceVen88

Andre Roberson or James Ennis tonight for a value SF?

• ripking

Anybody like that Atlanta pg backup Delaney?

• hobbes2d

@JoeFlacco05 said...

Why the fuck am I on Deron Williams tonight

Because he’s always good against Utah. I like him too.

• KindGuy

Canaan looked amazing against the Nets. Not sure if that means I play him or the Piston guards

• TheWhiteMamba

@zpa1989 said...

need an SG on FD under 4k. korver? or pivot to hollis thompson?

Personally I don’t like the idea of paying down at SG today. But if I had to choose one id probably choose Kirkpatrick or Korver.

I think you can find cheap value at PF and C with much more upside.

• WestCrook1

@PlaymakerChris said...

SF to play on Fanduel 4k or less?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.