7:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 11.5 ) at Atlanta ( -11.5 ) —- T: 208
    7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( -4 ) at Brooklyn ( 4 ) —- T: 204
    7:30 PM EST : Houston ( 1.5 ) at New York ( -1.5 ) —- T: 214.5
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 5.5 ) at Memphis ( -5.5 ) —- T: 206
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 3.5 ) at Boston ( -3.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    9:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 5 ) at Utah ( -5 ) —- T: 189
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( -3 ) at Phoenix ( 3 ) —- T: 215.5
    10:30 PM EST : Okla City ( 7 ) at LA Clippers ( -7 ) —- T: 207.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Trevorm09

Conley late scratch burned me :(

• getsomephil

@Master_JJ said...

I won a ticket to the mega slam the other night. $25 will be the most I have ever played in NBA. Hopefully this goes okay for me. $50 would make me happy.

I am with you, I won two entries over the last few days. I’ve played entries that big in NFL, but no NBA until now. Good luck tonight!

• pepsies15

Man, I truly suck at this. How do you guys do it?!

• teachmehowtocutty

Thinking of a balanced lineup around AD. Not loving Harden on a B2B against the knicks and RWB vs CP3. They will probably both have solid games but this a good spot to fade RWB imo.

• lineupofpeace

Hawes/Zeller stack? Should get you 40+ minutes against the Sixers for 7k combined. Think they can get you 50 which isn’t bad.

• bonkurz

Seth Curry might have some value. Both Wesley Matthews and JJ Barea missed practice yesterday and are questionable.

• Jeddy3

Man, it’s feeling like a balanced night will do work. All studs are on a b2b or awful matchup (I’m looking at you 13k RWB).

Right now, I’m liking Kemba at home and hoping it stays close. Does anyone really see Charlotte blowing anyone out?

• Johno

Westbrook had a massive game last year against CP3… I’ll def have him in some gpp line ups

• Dirt_Lavert

@osuryanf said...

After the first night of no late swap effecting players, who do you think it effected the most? The average joe? The guys who entered 3-5 lineups? Or the sharks?

Lets take a look at the winners of the 3 main tournaments on Draftkings last night..

$333 winner – SaahilSud for $50k (#1 overall in world) TheClone got 2nd for $25k (#7 overall in the world)

$33 Mega Bird winner – TheClone for $100k (#7 overall in the world)

$3 Baby Bird winner – Awesome for $25k (#9 in world)

All guys who max enter lineups.

First off, let me say those guys are absolute beasts and I have nothing but respect for their games. All 3 are incredibly talented.

But in terms of this discussion, this is a really bad look for DK and something to think about moving forward.

I second this. I have been blowing up Draftkings on Twitter but they don’t care. Until they notice casual player drop-off they won’t change lu lock.

• frugal

@teachmehowtocutty said...

Thinking of a balanced lineup around AD. Not loving Harden on a B2B against the knicks and RWB vs CP3. They will probably both have solid games but this a good spot to fade RWB imo.

I felt the same way then started looking at value and it looks like another night where some cheapies are in a good position to hit 7-10x.

• TheWhiteMamba

Kemba and Frazier in most of my lineups. I’m not concerned with Frazier’s ownership. I’ll differentiate elsewhere.

If McDermott sits, I may go all in on Mirotic.

I also think picking the correct Charlotte big will be key tonight. Frank the Tank? Marvin Williams? Zeller? Hawes? Even MKG is interesting, though I don’t love his offensive involvement over the last two games.

Also, i think choosing the correct Detroit players will be key tonight. All of them are capable of going off. Drummond is obvious, but I’m struggling with trying to choose between Harris, Morris and KCP.

For the first time this year I will be fading Westbrook. Even against CP3 he’s probably a lock for 60 points, but at his DK price that’s just not enough. I’d much rather pay significantly less for Wall, Frazier and Kemba.

AD will be in most of my lineups. The B2B is a concern, but he’s still not 11k on DK. That’s absurd.

As far as cheap value goes, I’m looking at Nicholson. Saw 25 minutes last game. It’s probably a stretch to expect that again, but at 3.3k he can do a lot in 20-22 minutes.

• gillio

Biggest question tonight is Westbrook or Davis

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@osuryanf said...

After the first night of no late swap effecting players, who do you think it effected the most? The average joe? The guys who entered 3-5 lineups? Or the sharks?

Lets take a look at the winners of the 3 main tournaments on Draftkings last night..

$333 winner – SaahilSud for $50k (#1 overall in world) TheClone got 2nd for $25k (#7 overall in the world)

First off, let me say those guys are absolute beasts and I have nothing but respect for their games. All 3 are incredibly talented.

But in terms of this discussion, this is a really bad look for DK and something to think about moving forward.

Yeah max lineups are so hard to compete with. Very frustrating.

• frugal

@bonkurz said...

Seth Curry might have some value. Both Wesley Matthews and JJ Barea missed practice yesterday and are questionable.

I’m in wait and see mode there. The DK analysis states Barea likely hurt his knee in practice, but it was on a drive last last game. BAd sign missing practice as it’s appearing to linger. If both those guys sit it gives a massive boost to both Curry and Justin Anderson. I think the ultimate contrarian play though especially if both those guys sit is Dirk. It’s a low O/U game so won’t be targeted and Dirk’s been out 2 games and is old, but if you look at his H2H history vs Favors, Dirk averaged ~44 DK points last season.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@gillio said...

Biggest question tonight is Westbrook or Davis

Davis. Rules too follow. Don’t play pgs against paul.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@osuryanf said...

Well said… Memphis coach cost me $200 last night, which is quite a bit of $$ for average Joe aspiring to be a great player. It will happen, don’t know when, but what will the outrage be when someone like AD is scratched last minute and there was no news about it and the player is 30% plus owned (AD was higher than that last night). What happened last night will become the norm in 4-8 weeks, if not sooner, on a nightly basis and DK will struggle to fill tournaments. When it happens to you once you can shrug it off, but when it starts happening 3-4 times a week people will not play as you are just throwing your $$ away.

• frugal

@Cooper08 said...

Well said… Memphis coach cost me $200 last night, which is quite a bit of $$ for average Joe aspiring to be a great player. It will happen, don’t know when, but what will the outrage be when someone like AD is scratched last minute and there was no news about it and the player is 30% plus owned (AD was higher than that last night). What happened last night will become the norm in 4-8 weeks, if not sooner, on a nightly basis and DK will struggle to fill tournaments. When it happens to you once you can shrug it off, but when it starts happening 3-4 times a week people will not play as you are just throwing your $$ away.

Move to Yahoo. It’s an 8 man roster like DK was last season and they allow late swap.

• americanpaleale

You DK people crack me up, FD never had late swap and we have dealt with it…it’s not the end of the world, late scratches happen. It will not happen 3-4 times a week until the end of the season. Trust me, their tourneys will fill. You see any on FD that don’t fill, of course not? Best feeling in the world is when you cash with a zero in your lineup, lol.

• frugal

For those looking at Frazier tonight. Just a head’s up. Last B2B on the 28th/29th, Frazier played 34 on the frontside and only 25 on the backside. He played 37 last night and it’s the 4th game in 6 nights. Then again, Pelicans have to be hungry for a win so they may go all out.

• frugal

@americanpaleale said...

You DK people crack me up, FD never had late swap and we have dealt with it…it’s not the end of the world, late scratches happen. It will not happen 3-4 times a week until the end of the season. Trust me, their tourneys will fill. You see any on FD that don’t fill, of course not? Best feeling in the world is when you cash with a zero in your lineup, lol.

Unless it’s an extremely short slate, you will never cash on DK with a 0 due to positional flexibility.

• Supersharpie

@Cooper08 said...

It doesn’t happen often at all. I rolled several hundred line-ups last year and it only happened twice to me.

• liwvu13

Harden against the Knicks? sign me up

• Supersharpie

@americanpaleale said...

Exactly, the “average Joes,” especially those living on the East Coast, with lives do not want to spend their evenings checking Twitter feeds for last minute news of late night scratches.

• KindGuy

All of you fading Pelicans due to b2b fail to mention they faced the Spurs last time. Big difference between Spurs and Grizzlies defense.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@Supersharpie said...

It doesn’t happen often at all. I rolled several hundred line-ups last year and it only happened twice to me.

It will happen tonight, watch… several teams on a b2b… it is one thing if there is news and you decide to go ahead and chance it, but quite often there isn’t news like last night and someone is scratched. Sorry to disagree but I think because late swap was available Ly you didn’t realize how often players are scratched with no news. Give it another 4-8 weeks, it will happen daily

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).