7:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 11.5 ) at Atlanta ( -11.5 ) —- T: 208
    7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( -4 ) at Brooklyn ( 4 ) —- T: 204
    7:30 PM EST : Houston ( 1.5 ) at New York ( -1.5 ) —- T: 214.5
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 5.5 ) at Memphis ( -5.5 ) —- T: 206
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 3.5 ) at Boston ( -3.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    9:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 5 ) at Utah ( -5 ) —- T: 189
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( -3 ) at Phoenix ( 3 ) —- T: 215.5
    10:30 PM EST : Okla City ( 7 ) at LA Clippers ( -7 ) —- T: 207.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• ASitar

Carmelo tonight? High total, 1 point spread. Riding Stefolosha on the cheap as well in a blowout.

• JHols1nger

@jon2anderson said...

I know this thread is meant for talk about tonight’s games, so sorry about dwelling on last night for a bit…

Here’s my DK cash lineup that missed cash by about ~10 points:

Kris Dunn
    James Ennis
    Justise Winslow
    Gorgui Dieng
    Anthony Davis
    Giannis Antetokounmpo
    Richuan Holmes
    Klay Thompson

Got 277… not bad… but not enough

Anything obviously wrong there? I know I took lower upside with Ennis and Winslow, and Klay might be a bit more volatile this year than I suspected. I appreciate your thoughts.

I had 100% exposure to to Frazier and Plumlee, so take that for what it’s worth. I also thought the SG plays were Waiters and Delly, paying up for Klay at such a volatile point dependent position in cash is probably a bad idea.

• scsa1998

@Supersharpie said...

Exactly, the “average Joes,” especially those living on the East Coast, with lives do not want to spend their evenings checking Twitter feeds for last minute news of late night scratches.

As an East Coast Average joe I have no problem checking twitter and using the RG app 30 minutes before scheduled tip time to make sure I don’t get hit with a zero. I do have a problem getting a zero and miss cashing because of it.

• Supersharpie

@elementasrat said...

All of you fading Pelicans due to b2b fail to mention they faced the Spurs last time. Big difference between Spurs and Grizzlies defense.

Bingo…totally false correlation.

But hey, I have Frazier-AD locked and loaded so if this fear tamps down ownership percentage, I am all for it!

• dailyfinancialsports

How do you guys approach such a large slate? Start looking at vegas lines, dvp,…? Its so much information to digest and analyze. Hard not to feel overwhelmed.

• lineupofpeace

Lmao I thought all the fuss over removing late swap was how it removed a skill element of the game. Now that the pros are winning, somehow this hurts the casual player and helps sharks?

• Supersharpie

@Cooper08 said...

It will happen tonight, watch… several teams on a b2b… it is one thing if there is news and you decide to go ahead and chance it, but quite often there isn’t news like last night and someone is scratched. Sorry to disagree but I think because late swap was available Ly you didn’t realize how often players are scratched with no news. Give it another 4-8 weeks, it will happen daily

I played exclusively on FD w/o LS…it happened twice. Keep in mind that you will benefit from chalky scratches that you fade on a given night. I know it hurts right now, but it balances out over the course of a season.

• frugal

@lineupofpeace said...

Lmao I thought all the fuss over removing late swap was how it removed a skill element of the game. Now that the pros are winning, somehow this hurts the casual player and helps sharks?

All the recent changes favor the pro, I’ll explain it as follows. One of the unique DK offerings that attracts casual players are the .25 games. The novice sees it as a low risk high reward game due to the low entry fee. the real nubies enter 1 lineup, and more casual players maybe a handful while the pros max enter 50 lineups. Without late swap if a player is declared out late, the overall impact to the casual and new player is devastating as they don’t have enough entries to hedge that 0 while the pro with 50 entries can easily absorb it due to hedging players as well as hedging players over positions with positional flexibility. The pros also do the same with multiple $1 and higher contests in addition to ungraded H2H contests. Anyone seeing it as favoring the casual players has probably already seen the truth, if not they will soon.

• scsa1998

@Supersharpie said...

I played exclusively on FD w/o LS…it happened twice. Keep in mind that you will benefit from chalky scratches that you fade on a given night. I know it hurts right now, but it balances out over the course of a season.

It does but it was nice knowing that a 0 on Fanduel will usually be countered by an awesome score on DK because you made the swap.

• KindGuy

If you’re gonna talk about late swap,PLEASE back it up with objective data.

For instance, a poster mentioned that it only happened twice last year. Twice!

I got burned by Conley last night but in retrospect I should’ve known better. Now I know to look at upcoming schedules.

I think the effect will be negligible over the season.

• noddy

@pepsies15 said...

Man, I truly suck at this. How do you guys do it?!

Me too

• frugal

@elementasrat said...

If you’re gonna talk about late swap,PLEASE back it up with objective data.

For instance, a poster mentioned that it only happened twice last year. Twice!

I got burned by Conley last night but in retrospect I should’ve known better. Now I know to look at upcoming schedules.

I think the effect will be negligible over the season.

I played FD for a year before moving to DK. Granted it was my introduction to DFS, but I got burned way more than that by late scratches. Trying to predict that was a huge part of FD lineup building and a huge reason I preferred DK. I already got bruned by Dirk’s late scratch on DK (though thankfully hedged) while I was able to swap him out on Yahoo. Also saved a DK football lineup using late swap this season.

• hoffs812

Getting back to tonight is CP3 maybe a good option to go against Westbrook

• scsa1998

@hoffs812 said...

Getting back to tonight is CP3 maybe a good option to go against Westbrook

I thought about this as well then I did a little bit more research into this. They have faced eachother 25 times in the regular season and CP3 has had westbrook’s number.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=paulch01&p2=westbru01

• lastcallcasualty

@slpanthers24 said...

Davis. Rules too follow. Don’t play pgs against paul.

This is dead wrong. Westbrook’s points vs Clippers

Fanduel Points
    55, 65, 46, 54,

C’mon bro

• Kilala

Any idea on George hill match up against dallas?

• Mod518

Hard for me to play Westbrook against Paul (elite defender) and with the monster game tomorrow night against Durant and the Warriors. I think tonight we will see what his floor might be for the season. It will still be ridiculous, probably 50ish.

• getsomephil

@scsa1998 said...

I thought about this as well then I did a little bit more research into this. They have faced eachother 25 times in the regular season and CP3 has had westbrook’s number.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=paulch01&p2=westbru01

Good note, thanks for the share.

• Supersharpie

Lillard seems like a great pivot off of RWB against a porous Suns D.

• cheddarbob

Building around Harden and Brow in cash tonight.

I have been looking through gamelogs from last year and B2B appears to have no effect on Harden, especially this early. I am more afraid of Brow but he’s going to be playing pissed off looking for the first W. They are also playing memphis who just lost by 36 to the wolves. Not worried about the ghost of Z-Bo guarding the Brow.

• biged263835

Was Paul guarding RWB when he put up 25/19/11 last year against LAC?

• Ryan61290

@cheddarbob said...

I agree. Managed to get Harden, Brow, Kemba with some value plays around them for Cash

• ehylton

@scsa1998 said...

Those stats are with Durant played alongside Durrant though. Westbrook will have the ball more so maybe he still has an edge ?

• jessedio

Did alright last night. My best lineup on DK put up 328. The scores were a bit inflated. I doubt we’ll continually see so many 4k – 6k guys go off for 40 and 50 FP.

I’m sure some value will open up sometime today. Trying to decide if I want to pay up for Westbrook.

• satchmo77

@cheddarbob said...

I have been looking through gamelogs from last year and B2B appears to have no effect on Harden, especially this early. I am more afraid of Brow but he’s going to be playing pissed off looking for the first W. They are also playing memphis who just lost by 36 to the wolves. Not worried about the ghost of Z-Bo guarding the Brow.

That’s probably Bc harden doesn’t play defense. He just seems to jog around and shoot lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).