7:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -1.5 ) at Orlando ( 1.5 ) —- T: 218
    7:30 PM EST : Houston ( -3 ) at Brooklyn ( 3 ) —- T: 216.5
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 3 ) at Washington ( -3 ) —- T: 230.5
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( -7 ) at Chicago ( 7 ) —- T: 216
    8:30 PM EST : New York ( 6 ) at Dallas ( -6 ) —- T: 216
    9:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 0 ) at Utah ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 11 ) at Golden State ( -11 ) —- T: 238.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mtdurham

@Pandamonious said...

Alright. Here’s my PG pool for DK:

Collison/Joseph, Westbrook, Wall, Augustin, Conley/Mack, Dinwiddie, Ntilikina.

Anybody have anyone else? Anybody want to talk me off these guys?

I think Collison/Joseph has been discussed validly. Westbrook is Westbrook. Wall is just cheap. His floor is 5x of his price pretty much, with a ceiling of 7.5x.

Utah has struggled with PG’s a bit so far. Conley is another guy priced where his floor is about 5x with upside for 7x+ on his salary. Mack is cheap and been getting minutes. Probably won’t go here and better value may be elsewhere with someone like Exum. I really don’t mind the play though.

I think Dinwiddie gets heavier run tonight as he’s a much better defender than Russell. I think they’ll want him in there on Paul. When he gets 30 he produces. Historically has much better numbers at home.

Ntilikina is getting heavy minutes. Still cheap. Plus match up. Has shown he can get 30.

I dont feel like really delving into PG too much today but I like the matchup/minutes for Frankie Smokes. He is a BIT of one of those guys I try to avoid because he’s somewhat hard to visualize getting 40 FPS.

But $4100 puts him firmly in play. If he was even like $4800 I’d run the opposite way.

• hobbes2d

@elementasrat said...

From what I’ve seen (not much tbh), the Jazz don’t look all that great without Spida Mitchell on the court. Who’s their #1 option now? Gobert? Ingles? Yikes.

I love Ingles when he’s more aggressive. He’s so damn efficient.

• @miggs6876 said...

Is my thinking way off?

Nope I am thinking the same way. High risk/High reward. Game could easily be a blow out. Butler could be benched. And GS sometimes you have to guess which star will shine that night. But I agree it is by far the best game to target. OKC/WAS and NYK/DAL the next best.

• miggs6876

@Benf15harp said...

In addition to not having another pg and no j buckets. The ONLY narrative for the rose blowup game was Utah cut him. 35 fp MAX tonight

Fd is so quick to make price adjustments. Rose is priced up to 6k. They are doing a great job with their player salaries. Think the drop lowest score equated to them being on top of their salaries.

• mtdurham

@mr_papageorgio said...

I’m absolutely terrible at NBA so far this year but if Harden is out I think I’m starting with Paul. He’s burned enough people that his ownership should be low but he should bounce back vs the Nets and Russell’s “defense”.

I cannot fade Chris Paul any harder at $9400. Price is ludicrous for what he’s shown so far this season.

If Kenny Atkinson puts Deangelo Russell on Chris Paul he should be fired at halftime.

• KindGuy

@hobbes2d said...

Well it’s the first half of the season so he’s going to be horrible.

Yep

• @mtdurham said...

If Kenny Atkinson puts Deangelo Russell on Chris Paul he should be fired at halftime.

You think Deangelo Russell rebounds from his last clunker? I was planning on using him tonight for sure.

• miggs6876

@Pandamonious said...

So I’ve read all 4+ pages. I take it everyone is as confused as me about this slate? It seems like every time some mentions a player they’re quickly talked off that player.

This seems like a difficult slate. I like it. I should have listened to you when you said you weren’t paying up for Kemba. Good call.

• wilke7425

@dominicanpapi said...

5700 is steep and OG appears to be back tonight.

Thanks man. That’s why we throw these things out there

• mtdurham

@csandbizzle said...

I’m in for a forum game on DK DaBizzle

Now.. to talk myself out of RHJ

One does not simply not play RHJ.

I gotta play one guy with initials every night and MKG ain’t on this slate. It’s like getting two birds stoned at once.

• gaelicgirl

@Pandamonious said...

Alright. Here’s my PG pool for DK:

Collison/Joseph, Westbrook, Wall, Augustin, Conley/Mack, Dinwiddie, Ntilikina.

Anybody have anyone else?

How is the league’s top scorer not even in your pool?
    Too expensive on DK? Blowout concerns?

• noddy

@cdaus8989 said...

Who is we? Why do we need to either Exum or not with lock 7 hours away?

So why discuss anyone?

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@gaelicgirl said...

Basically. 10.3K. Not a bad spot, not a great spot. I have little doubt that he gets to 50, but that doesn’t do it for me. Seems more like a Durant game.

• mbunner23

@gaelicgirl said...

I imagine your player pool looks like this:

PG – Curry, Livingston, Cook,
    SG – Klay, Iggy, Evans
    SF – KD, Jerbeko
    PF – Draymond, Looney, McKinney
    C – Jones, Cousins, Bell

Something like that….? I’m kidding…..partially.

• mtdurham

@edlovereze said...

Got a lineup with Klay and Curry. That a dumb way to build a lineup? I like Beal tonight as well.

Klay and Curry do show a positive correlation with one another, but that is only something i would suggest on short slates (2-3 games) or showdown slates. I would absolutely avoid playing them both this evening as the game could be wrapped up in short order and that would basically eliminate too much of their combined ceiling.

Curry and Durant have negative correlation FWIW. I try to avoid playing both of them together at all costs. Even on showdown slates i tend to avoid that combination.

• Jonas137

@Penguin3200 said...

Interesting slate tonight, and unfortunately I will be plugging in Jimmy, as he is underpriced and our stupid organization will keep enjoying the peepshow of our ex-girlfriend for as long as Thibs can spank it.

Also rolling with KAT, as he has found his mojo and the Wolves will keep this close (Vegas spread be damned). Avoiding Rose, as with Jimmy and Wigs back, I don’t see him getting that kind of run or usage tonight.

On the other side – this is a must play Klay night. He absolutely destroys us and at that price….have to play.

Utah value (just trying to figure out which one), and really liking A. Gordon and Schroder as well.

Will Butler be on KD, and Wiggins on Klay then? If so, I like it

• miggs6876

@kbsktbll88 said...

Maybe Alonzo Trier as a GPP play. Put up 20+ in the last 2 games. And Dallas’ defense is not good.

I was just about to post his name as my punt on fd. The kid looks like a basketball player. The other night I was watching the Knicks game with my 14 yr boy. My boy said dad that #14 is good.

• miggs6876

@Pandamonious said...

He was actually on my list. Crossed him off. I think there’s other guys in slightly better positions in the sub 4K range who are putting out the same production. Don’t dislike the play though.

He is only 3.8k on fd. Almost bare min.

• mtdurham

@dominicanpapi said...

Dallas worse in the league at defending the three point line. Lakers as a team are shooting 35% from 3 and shot 10 of 17 against Dallas last game. THJ is shooting 41% from three. The price on Fanduel (7600) is tough but he’s attempting almost 10 threes a game.

I’ve seen studies that show 3PT% against is mostly random noise and not very predictive of future performance.

However, 3PT Attempts are very predictive.

Do what you will with that, I’m not even saying i believe or disbelieve the studies.

I like to observe how many 3PA a team allows…. if my guy gets 10 three point attempts I’m going to be thrilled regardless of how many he hits. Well unless he’s Paul George and he’s 0-10 like last night.

I also like to observe how many corner 3’s they allow and if it’s a lot I’m all over the 3&D type guys…. Think Marvin WIlliams but someone who is not old & decrepit and preferably doesn’t miss every shot like Marvin Williams.

Basically pick anyone who reminds you of Marvin Williams but isn’t Marvin Williams and you’ve got yourself a sexy play in those scenarios.

• maxxxoo

• csandbizzle

@maxxxoo said...

Grayson Allen anybody??

no thank you

• wafic

@manontheflyintrapezious said...

You think Deangelo Russell rebounds from his last clunker? I was planning on using him tonight for sure.

He doesn’t even play down the stretch. I can’t play him anymore.

• mtdurham

@Imnotverygoodatall said...

so who does LAC try to match Vucevic with? Boban is on a B2B after playing a season high in minutes, plus he can’t guard him on the perimeter. Can gortat stay with him? or is it a montrezl night. I’m actually starting to like harrell because they will need his size against a big orlando team. Don’t know if all this is accurate, i know very little about both these teams

Harrell is often thought of as undersized but he has a 7’4 wingspan.

But it’s important to understand that Montrezl has one passion in life and that’s fouling.

In fact there’s a widely circulated saying that you hear all the time if you sit in the family section of Clippers games “If Montrezl ain’t foulin’, ain’t NOBODY fouling”.

I would be careful playing a Foul Mongerer like Montrezl Harrell against a guy with great post moves like Vucevic.

The band “Everything” released a hit single in 1998 that identified the music loving public at large to be completely incapable of recognizing talent. It was called “Whose got the Hooch”…well tonight my friends I must ask “Whose got the Vooch?”…. Whose got the freshy freshy?

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #40

RG Tiered Ranking

Keep flipping back and forth between Curry/THJ and RWB/Klay…..I like the rest of my line up construction the way it is. So I may just have to play both lines. Only thing that I am a little weary of is having both my SFs slots filled with Jazz players.

• trinidon

I tried to explain to my wife last night that my stressful day is usually less stressful when I’m actively reading the stressful comments of the NBA thread. She stared at me in either disdain or pity for almost an eternity.

Guys and gals keep up the great entertainment and work. I don’t post often but i’m here.

I cant seem to get off Noah Vonleh and Jarret Allen in FD GPP

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).