5:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 3 ) at Okla City ( -3 ) —- T: 230.5
    7:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -1.5 ) at Detroit ( 1.5 ) —- T: 224
    7:00 PM EST : Denver ( -4 ) at Orlando ( 4 ) —- T: 201.5
    8:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 5 ) at Milwaukee ( -5 ) —- T: 225.5
    8:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( -2 ) at Memphis ( 2 ) —- T: 221.5
    8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 2.5 ) at Washington ( -2.5 ) —- T: 226.5
    8:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 1 ) at Golden State ( -1 ) —- T: 223.5
    10:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 1.5 ) at Portland ( -1.5 ) —- T: 219

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• SteeloCity

Still salty about last night, it’s a new day though.

Embiid is out, so this means I’m targeting Philly. Simmons, Harris, and Horford all look solid. I like some Wizards as well, I think without Towns gotta play some.

• monarch

If you play on FD. Noah Vonleh is min price

• Supersharpie

So, I tried a little experiment on FD last night and played some single entries and double ups, whereas I usually am purely a large field GPP player.

I was very surprised that the the cash line for the double up was SIGNIFICANTLY higher than the large GPPs and single entries:

Big $11 Double Up = 313

Assist = 307.3

Dime = 305.7

Clutch Shot = 303.7

Block = 301.4

I personally did OK with my strategy…won $104 on $65 of entries.

However, what I want to know is whether last night was an anomaly or whether it is common for the cash line to be around the same or even higher than GPPs. If the latter, why even bother with double ups? You can put the same lu in a GPP, cash with the same score, and have the slim but real chance of winning some major money.

• wcsd832

@Supersharpie said...

So, I tried a little experiment on FD last night and played some single entries and double ups, whereas I usually am purely a large field GPP player.

I was very surprised that the the cash line for the double up was SIGNIFICANTLY higher than the large GPPs and single entries:

Big $11 Double Up = 313

Assist = 307.3

Dime = 305.7

Clutch Shot = 303.7

Block = 301.4

I personally did OK with my strategy…won $104 on $65 of entries.

However, what I want to know is whether last night was an anomaly or whether it is common for the cash line to be around the same or even higher than GPPs. If the latter, why even bother with double ups? You can put the same lu in a GPP, cash with the same score, and have the slim but real chance of winning some major money.

I will throw a lineup in a double-up a few times a year just to look at the cash line. Over the last 3-4 years I’ve found exactly what you said above. That’s why I only play the lower $ GPP’s. The few top 10 finishes over the years is a much better payout for the same price. Even a minimum cash is general double your entry fee.

• SteeloCity

@wcsd832 said...

I will throw a lineup in a double-up a few times a year just to look at the cash line. Over the last 3-4 years I’ve found exactly what you said above. That’s why I only play the lower $ GPP’s. The few top 10 finishes over the years is a much better payout for the same price. Even a minimum cash is general double your entry fee.

Yeah I echo both of your sentiments. Last night was insane. I played in the $10 single entry double up on FD and didn’t cash with 318 points. It’s insane. I thought cash was supposed to be easier to cash in because well it’s cash? Super frustrating.

I have $22 left in my account, just going to enter seven entries into the $3 experienced players excluded main slate on FD and hope for the best.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

Congrats to gameofgames for taking first in the forum contest last night

Here is the link to tonight’s contest

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/79830163

• JustDFSin

@wcsd832 said...

The double ups especially the ones with only 20 players are usually filled with sharks hence the reason for the higher scores to cash

• SteeloCity

Doing some quick research, looks like Detroit is near the bottom against PG/PF. May need to play the flat earther and Prince again…

• God i was so tired all week, i commute 3 hrs a day driving total. Stacked the nets rockets game, thinking i should at least min cash. Got home at 730, to find out no of course not

Moral of the story took Thursdays winning on dk and lost them last night lol.

• Way2fast23

@SteeloCity said...

Doing some quick research, looks like Detroit is near the bottom against PG/PF. May need to play the flat earther and Prince again…

With both teams on a B2B, I’m loving Dinwiddie and Wood from this game so far

• mrmogz

@theIrrigator said...

Congrats to gameofgames for taking first in the forum contest last night

Argh, I’ve been second place twice in the last 4 nights I think, the win is eluding me!

Also, Jordan only played 16 mins last night compared to Allen’s 31. Saving him for the Drummond matchup?

• Supersharpie

@JustDFSin said...

The double ups especially the ones with only 20 players are usually filled with sharks hence the reason for the higher scores to cash

What’s in it for the sharks?

I guess it’s the fact that if you cash, you get 2x your fee unlike large field GPPs where min cash is more often then not 1.5-1.75x the fee?

There’s gotta be some sort of rationale behind playing the double ups.

• monarch

@mrmogz said...

Argh, I’ve been second place twice in the last 4 nights I think, the win is eluding me!

Also, Jordan only played 16 mins last night compared to Allen’s 31. Saving him for the Drummond matchup?

Yes. We talked about it a bit yesterday. I ended up correct that it was an Allen game yesterday but he didnt do as well as I was hoping in his minutes. Today is shaping up as a DAJ game but not sure about his ceiling vs Drummond, especially with the path of least resistance being the guard play in that game.

• Way2fast23

@mrmogz said...

Yep and Wood gets Allen. Also hoping Whiteside plays so I can fade Horford. Also locking in Bryant vs the wolves without KAT. Gotta run with one of the backup PFs from Golden State in that soft matchup after Kerr said he wants to take it easy on Draymond, especially on a B2B. Really think the Center and PF spots are really easy to nail down tonight.

• kettab24

anyone know how Jokic has faired against Vuc over the years?

• Way2fast23

@Way2fast23 said...

Yep and Wood gets Allen. Also hoping Whiteside plays so I can fade Horford. Also locking in Bryant vs the wolves without KAT. Gotta run with one of the backup PFs from Golden State in that soft matchup after Kerr said he wants to take it easy on Draymond, especially on a B2B. Really think the Center and PF spots are really easy to nail down tonight.

Oh and looove Tobias tonight in one of those SF spots on FD

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Way2fast23 said...

I’d be shocked if Dray played tonight.

He’s probably going to take a seat next to Curry for a while.

• rourke441

lovin van fleet-cody zeller-horford-beal-oubre

• Way2fast23

@Pandamonious said...

Ughhhh I think if he sits I’d have to move away from the chalk in Gpp’s. But if he plays i’m all over Paschall after the letdown last night. Luckily Vonleh and Skal (maybe) will reduce their ownership either way on FD

• DirkDigglerz

Vonleh Terry Rozier Horford Baynes Beal D Lo

• NoLimits0

Two best plays for tonight are Jordan Bell and Andrew Wiggins.

• NoLimits0

@Pandamonious said...

Why would he not play? The season just started.

• NoLimits0

@SteeloCity said...

Still salty about last night, it’s a new day though.

Embiid is out, so this means I’m targeting Philly. Simmons, Harris, and Horford all look solid. I like some Wizards as well, I think without Towns gotta play some.

Don’t choose 3 Sixers it’s a very bad idea.

• zpa1989

who gets the biggest usage bump with no towns tonight? wiggins? teague?

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@NoLimits0 said...

Two best plays for tonight are Jordan Bell and Andrew Wiggins.

Don’t you dare say that about Wiggins…

The play on the Wolves is Teague and maybe Napier, not Wiggins.

Also, I wouldn’t underestimate Layman. Vonleh, all day over Bell, I think.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).