5:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 3 ) at Okla City ( -3 ) —- T: 230.5
    7:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -1.5 ) at Detroit ( 1.5 ) —- T: 224
    7:00 PM EST : Denver ( -4 ) at Orlando ( 4 ) —- T: 201.5
    8:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 5 ) at Milwaukee ( -5 ) —- T: 225.5
    8:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( -2 ) at Memphis ( 2 ) —- T: 221.5
    8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 2.5 ) at Washington ( -2.5 ) —- T: 226.5
    8:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 1 ) at Golden State ( -1 ) —- T: 223.5
    10:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 1.5 ) at Portland ( -1.5 ) —- T: 219

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

@Supersharpie said...

However, what I want to know is whether last night was an anomaly or whether it is common for the cash line to be around the same or even higher than GPPs. If the latter, why even bother with double ups? You can put the same lu in a GPP, cash with the same score, and have the slim but real chance of winning some major money.

That’s not normal.

So far this season I’ve played 4 slates. Here are the minimum cash lines for those 4 slates (fanduel)

$5 Double UP $50 SE GPP
    10/23 372.00 364.20
    10/25 313.60 314.50
    10/28 314.30 319.30
    10/30 287.60 303.30

The Double up cash line was higher once out of those 3. The nights all the ‘chalk’ plays hit, that will happen. Over a full season, it’ll happen probably once every 7-8 nights where the chalk crushes and the cash lines in double ups are higher. Also, to add to that, the BIG double up cash lines are always higher than the single entry.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@NoLimits0 said...

Why would he not play? The season just started.

He hurt his finger last night.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/warriors/article/Draymond-Green-injures-left-index-finger-in-14804056.php

• Way2fast23

Ok I feel like Wiggins is the key to this slate lmaoo Is he not gonna have 35% usage and look like 2015 ROTY Andrew Wiggins with no KAT tonight?

• Supersharpie

@NoLimits0 said...

Don’t choose 3 Sixers it’s a very bad idea.

Eh, with Embiid out against Detroit the trio all scored 40+ fps on FD. Don’t think it necessarily a GPP-winning strategy, but also not the worst idea.

• moped_jones

Won the first few nights of NBA. Doubled my money, then 4 straight nights of absolutely nothing. Yikes.

I have no idea who my stud is going to be tonight, but value plays I like Saric and Covington (with KAT out, someone’s gotta score). Bell if he starts (for KAT). No idea how to attack this slate until I know who’s starting and who’s out.

• DirkDigglerz

@Way2fast23 said...

Ok I feel like Wiggins is the key to this slate lmaoo Is he not gonna have 35% usage and look like 2015 ROTY Andrew Wiggins with no KAT tonight?

I only use him against OKC only OGs knows this

• monarch

I’m on Napier and Vonleh. Wiggins is someone I’ll have as a hedge but he can do a whole lot of nothing. I’ll have to look at usage with Teague on and KAT/Rose off

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

Napier is basically this seasons Rose.

Not sure looking at Teague with KAT/Rose off is of use.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Napier is basically this seasons Rose.

Not sure looking at Teague with KAT/Rose off is of use.

I meant how it applies to Wiggins…not for Teague

• realphipps

Napier, T. Harris, Zeller-Rozier locked in. Just gotta find 4 more snowflakes.

• schube4402

At first glance Napier, Covington, vonleh, Wood, Tobias, Rozier, maybe booker in pace up spot? Wood for 3600 on dk looks very interesting

• monarch

Here is a small sample from last season…

Wiggins ON Teague ON and KAT, Gibson and Rose off. 30 minutes, Wiggins was 36 percent usage and a 1.56 FPPM. Very small sample and Teague could have been banged up.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

I meant how it applies to Wiggins…not for Teague

Ah,OK. That makes sense.

I just see Wiggins as a guy who is going to chuck 30 times tonight, maybe more and he’s either going to make the shots or not. What his usage is is of no consequence here.

• NoLimits0

@Pandamonious said...

He hurt his finger last night.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/warriors/article/Draymond-Green-injures-left-index-finger-in-14804056.php

Gotcha. That changes things then. I thought you were just saying they should rest him but they have a winnable game tonight.

• moped_jones

@Supersharpie said...

I was very surprised that the the cash line for the double up was SIGNIFICANTLY higher than the large GPPs and single entries:

That’s why I stopped playing them. Just strictly GPP now. The first few years I played DFS it was not like that at all. I played double ups to supplement my GPP loses.

• NoLimits0

@Pandamonious said...

Don’t you dare say that about Wiggins…

The play on the Wolves is Teague and maybe Napier, not Wiggins.

Also, I wouldn’t underestimate Layman. Vonleh, all day over Bell, I think.

I feel like it’s hard for Wiggins not to score 30 points tonight. He’s a bad player but 30 points and a few peripherals is a floor of 5x.

• monarch

@NoLimits0 said...

I feel like it’s hard for Wiggins not to score 30 points tonight. He’s a bad player but 30 points and a few peripherals is a floor of 5x.

But he needs 45 to be a good play on DK.

• NoLimits0

All the sharks play cash games because it’s easy for them to. They all go to fantasy cruncher and upload the same lineup so you see everyone has the same chalk plays and maybe a difference if at most 1-2 players.

• S7ubs

Jokic looked out of shape last game. Heavy breathing and sluggish after a few minutes on the court. Think I will pass on him tonight. I like all three of the 76ers with no embiid just doubt I’ll stack them in the same lineup

• Way2fast23

@monarch said...

Very true. The $6600 price on FD looks a lot better

• FunchessOfFun

Do I dare go back to Paschall after he crashed and burned some amazing LU’s last night?

Slightly more than min cashed everything with low% owned Kemba, Doncic, Lamb, and RWB. If you would have told me they would score 225, at 5%, 9%, 21%, and 28% I would have asked you where do I take my wheelbarrow to collect my money. The GSW scrubs play backfired and lit that money on fire.

• efagan99

So I assume the logic for playing Vonleh is he has been backing up KAT so far this year. But what do we think about Bell or even Dieng? I remember last season Dieng had a couple good games with KAT out. Or is he out of the rotation for good now? Seems like one of them will be in line for a big game.

OR am I overthinking this and the play is Covington for a possible 15-15 game with a few peripherals?

• NoLimits0

@monarch said...

Yea but that shouldn’t be too hard. I think his floor is 35, his average is 43, and his ceiling is 60.

• rpolzin25

My eyes keep landing on jval tonight? Anyone else like him?

• NoLimits0

@Supersharpie said...

Eh, with Embiid out against Detroit the trio all scored 40+ fps on FD. Don’t think it necessarily a GPP-winning strategy, but also not the worst idea.

I would imagine it’s almost impossible to win a GPP stacking 3 high priced players on one team unless it was a pure game stack and you also stacked Dame/CJ in a shootout or OT game. Just stacking 3 and nothing else is -EV

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.