• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -12.5 ) at Philadelphia ( 12.5 ) —- T: 195
    7:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 1.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -1.5 ) —- T: 197
    7:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -7.5 ) at New York ( 7.5 ) —- T: 204
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -1 ) at Houston ( 1 ) —- T: 215
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 5.5 ) at Minnesota ( -5.5 ) —- T: 202
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 9 ) at Golden State ( -9 ) —- T: 201
    10:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 9 ) at LA Clippers ( -9 ) —- T: 212

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• HardCore

Is it just me or finding value plays difficult this year on DK. Last year i could always find 2/3 solid 3k guy sot fit russell/KD/harden in a LU this year i find myself falling into that dreaded 7-9k range for my studs and making more balanced LUs. Not complaining i just wanna know if i’m researching hard enough for value or if the site has actually tightened prices to make you play more diverse teams.

Last year was find 3 3k players to get Russell and Harden, a week into the season the cheapest i can go is like 4.5k for a punt and play the dreaded 50/50 studs like Lillard. The past 2 years of NBA the worst hing you could do is make a balanced team full of 5-7k guys and 2 of them only get like 20-25pts and AD or LBJ go for 50/60 and the 3k punts that go with them get the same 20-25pts your 7k guy got.

Maybe i’m bugging but making these balanced teams scare me.

• dwc1421

I think it’s just that the injuries haven’t started yet

• HardCore

Not wishing injuries on anybody especially after the 1s i had to sit through yesterday with bell/steve smith smh eli/bell over brees/gurley may be the worst last second decision in recent memory then i followed it up with gin/sea D instead of crabtree/den D in the late slate smh fml but i digress we need some value plays, some benchings at the least. Just something to open up the cap because both sites forgot theirs a mid tier its like your 7k+ on FD or your unplayable and DK your 6k+ or you unplayable.

FDs NFL pricing is beyond to tight i hope thats not their approach towards NBA because they’re 2 different sports. I’m thinking about punting SF on FD and playing iggy/barnes to get in blake at PF what ever happens happens

• kashflo

@HardCore said...

Maybe i’m bugging but making these balanced teams scare me.

i can feel you on the balanced teams, i never hit em either and always try and fit studs in. But a balanced line up won the 130k sharpshooter last night with the highest priced player was vucevic at $7700.

• DFSNewbie

This is my 2nd year playing DFS NBA on FD, and for some reason it seems like really easy to me. I have been winning small money for the past 4 days. Is it because it’s just the beginning of the season or the fact that NFL is still going on helps? As for today, Bledsoe seems like to have crazy games vs Clippers. Last year I remember he had 45 points, 15 assists and I think 12 rebounds. He will definitely be in my lineup.

• HardCore

@kashflo said...

i can feel you on the balanced teams, i never hit em either and always try and fit studs in. But a balanced line up won the 130k sharpshooter last night with the highest priced player was vucevic at $7700.

Good for him i wish my balanced teams popped like that. But i think alot of that had todo with no early slate and haden/kd/russ all flopping. Russ had 42 DK pts in 25 minutes 10 more minutes which i think he’ll get tonight i would’ve gotten the 50+ i needed from him to reach value and justify playing capella. Now watch tonight he’s gonna play 35-40mins and go for 60pts which is why i’m going out my way to make sure i have at least 2 of him/kd/blake/haden in my teams. Because getting 30 from monroe and lopez aing gon cut when a stud pops for 60 and the value play gets 25.

• sergeymak

Stop thinking about that past.

I cant build a line-up today —— i need value PG

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

Wil Houston play like the real houston or get blown out again?

• sergeymak

@walkoff9 said...

DH is back… So Prolly blow out. lol

• dwc1421

@HardCore said...

Good for him i wish my balanced teams popped like that. But i think alot of that had todo with no early slate and haden/kd/russ all flopping. Russ had 42 DK pts in 25 minutes 10 more minutes which i think he’ll get tonight i would’ve gotten the 50+ i needed from him to reach value and justify playing capella. Now watch tonight he’s gonna play 35-40mins and go for 60pts which is why i’m going out my way to make sure i have at least 2 of him/kd/blake/haden in my teams. Because getting 30 from monroe and lopez aing gon cut when a stud pops for 60 and the value play gets 25.

I think Russ is a lock for cash on dk tonight. Maybe roll out festus if bogut is out again. They’ll have to go bigger than normal against Memphis & I don’t think it’ll be speights. Also keep in mind that last year Barnes guarded z-bo a lot in the playoffs

• Jeremy6Morehead

@walkoff9 said...

I don’t know honestly. Harden isn’t even on my radar in a fast paced game. Watch the games and he’s playing SO sloop, and he just looks completely disinterested. Maybe playing his old buddies will get him fired up, but he looks really really bad.

• DougFunny

delete

• WuChef1986

@HardCore said...

stop making excuses and work harder at it

• WuChef1986

Lilliard and Jack.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm tasty combo

• teachmehowtocutty

@DougFunny said...

the line in Spurs/Knicks has moved from spurs -7 to a pickem

Spurs probably resting. This could create somevalue.Right now there arent a whole lot of solid cheap plays. What site though? Everywhere i see is 7.5.

• Queens819

@DougFunny said...

the line in Spurs/Knicks has moved from spurs -7 to a pickem

Sounds like a rest day on a back to back.

• jcmbball9

@dwc1421 said...

I think Russ is a lock for cash on dk tonight. Maybe roll out festus if bogut is out again. They’ll have to go bigger than normal against Memphis & I don’t think it’ll be speights. Also keep in mind that last year Barnes guarded z-bo a lot in the playoffs

The Warriors will go small against Memphis like they did in the postseason I would imagine.

• WuChef1986

@WuChef1986 said...

stop making excuses and work harder at it

wrong quote sorry

• xHotLineBlingx

Spurs’ rest day Boris Diaw Patty Mills night lol

• jfand30

If anyone has a minute could you post the fanduel salaries in a google doc or something. Would be greatly appreciated as my workplace blocked the site. Thanks

• Dmurphy104

• Blogger of the Month

@jfand30 said...

If anyone has a minute could you post the fanduel salaries in a google doc or something. Would be greatly appreciated as my workplace blocked the site. Thanks

They will be up on the daily research tab at some point this morning.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@sergeymak said...

Stop thinking about that past.

I cant build a line-up today —— i need value PG

Patty Mills to back for Parker and the spurs and he has been contributing every game.

• dp33071

I like your way of thinking. This is my 1st year trying NBA, or playing fantasy on draftkings, and I have had a up and down week so far. But it’s all about doing the homework and finding those sleepers to match with the big boys.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

Can’t wait for Wednesday but it will be very hard to manage for me. Already have 18 tickets for the big one and never do more than 10. My brain may explode. Let;s get all the money tonight

• shockeyville80

Do we think so about the Spurs though? Resting everyone? They went to New York last year and got embarrassed in a loss to the Knicks… I feel like they’re going to want to win this game in a big way. Maybe Kawhi just gets a lot of run?

Also very intrigued by Harden against his former team, but hard to fit him in. I’ll have some exposure though. Kind of feels like a get right game.

I definitely like Towns against Portland’s front court, but folks are going to chase points and he’s still a rookie. As Julius Randle demonstrated, it can be a very wide distance between floor and ceiling.

At center I am also looking at Monroe, but even more at Lopez. Milwaukee can’t defend anyone right now, and when Monroe gets fouls he starts playing ole defense because he doesn’t want to sit. I like them both tonight but the savings on Lopez a bit more in a home game they’re actually favored in.

Until Giannis Antetokounmpo is priced above 7k I’m going to keep rolling him out there as well in many lineups. Also at guard I like the Blazers guys once again. McCollum in particular for his savings. ABC/McC will likely be a popular SG combo, and for good reason, but it also makes me really want to figure out how to squeeze Harden in there, after a few uninspiring games. I don’t see him being over 15% owned in the Shot on FD.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).