• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -12.5 ) at Philadelphia ( 12.5 ) —- T: 195
    7:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 1.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -1.5 ) —- T: 197
    7:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -7.5 ) at New York ( 7.5 ) —- T: 204
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -1 ) at Houston ( 1 ) —- T: 215
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 5.5 ) at Minnesota ( -5.5 ) —- T: 202
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 9 ) at Golden State ( -9 ) —- T: 201
    10:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 9 ) at LA Clippers ( -9 ) —- T: 212

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• pdaddis

@marvalgames said...

What you mean??? Coaches are not allowed to rest players in my lineups. EVER

Sure they can. They just don’t have to do it whenever it’s convenient to help your fantasy basketball team. Like 6 minutes into the 3rd quarter.

• cdaus8989

@mccoolio said...

There are a lot of people in here that could learn a thing or two about sub rotations and how they typically work

It usually works like “Assistant: Hey Luke, don’t you think we should take steph out? I mean come on we’re up 40, Luke: (checks draft kings real quick, remembers he has 100% Curry exposure) Nah coach, uh… umm… he needs to work on his shot…”

• Gaudexmachina

Morris missing everything basically destroyed any chance at OT. Thanks Morris, I was going to rocket up the ranks.

• cdaus8989

Props to anyone who faded KAT, or DJ for Tyson Chandler tonight.

• crazylox2001

Why is it when I pick the studs they blow

• th3goat84

owner % on WCS now that Cousins is out? Lol

• pdaddis

@cdaus8989 said...

It usually works like “Assistant: Hey Luke, don’t you think we should take steph out? I mean come on we’re up 40, Luke: (checks draft kings real quick, remembers he has 100% Curry exposure) Nah coach, uh… umm… he needs to work on his shot…”

It works the other way too, like: Assistant: “Hey Luke, you know, Steph is really starting to do good and myself as well as a bunch forum posters don’t have him in our lineups tonight. Since we’re beating this team so bad, can we just take him out of the game.” Luke: “We’re six minutes into the third quarter. Shut up and sit down, stupid.”

• millerto

@cdaus8989 said...

Props to anyone who faded KAT, or DJ for Tyson Chandler tonight.

Who in their right mind would think that was a good idea?

• Wombat

I was able to get pretty good at baseball mainly by reverse engineering the best players lineups. Trying to do the same for NBA and I swear I just have NO IDEA what they are looking at to lead them to some of these plays.

MaxDalury tonight in tournaments had 70% Mo Williams, 80% Serge Ibaka, 100% Harden, 50% Okafor, 40% Shabazz Muhammed (???). The guys people talk about on here and what the touts are giving out has not really matched up with what the best players are using so far in NBA.

• cdaus8989

@millerto, Sam Mitchell.

• JJourneay33

@Wombat said...

I was able to get pretty good at baseball mainly by reverse engineering the best players lineups. Trying to do the same for NBA and I swear I just have NO IDEA what they are looking at to lead them to some of these plays.

MaxDalury tonight in tournaments had 70% Mo Williams, 80% Serge Ibaka, 100% Harden, 50% Okafor, 40% Shabazz Muhammed (???). The guys people talk about on here and what the touts are giving out has not matched what the best players are using at all so far in NBA.

Yeah. Its tough stuff. Most of the time the obvious plays that are touted as “locks” in cash are hit and miss. And “sneaky” tourney plays seem hard to come by consistently

• Gaudexmachina

Mo has been playing poorly until tonight and his price was good for the situation against a poorer defender. Ibaka was very well priced for what you get even without it being a better matchup for him than previous games and the extra minutes from probably staying in to defend. Harden against his old team after shooting like shit for the first few games. Okafor was what I thought would be a solid pivot off KAT whom everyone would have. No idea on Shabazz.

• mccoolio

@millerto said...

Who in their right mind would think that was a good idea?

Doubt most people completely faded those, but I for one had some exposure (1/3)

Lesson time…Who else would match up with DJ on the Suns? Phoenix needed someone to match up and they had it. Chandler fit the bill in a potentially high scoring game. He was nearly $2000 less than DJ. Easy to see why he was decent value.

• dominicanpapi

Managed to finish 126 in the dribbler #2 and #176 in the dribbler and made some cash in the swat. Kicking myself for not playing Noel more but it was only a five point difference between he and Love. Was completely off on Leonard and I should have known, should have had him in at least one lineup.

• JSteele

@Wombat said...

MaxDalury tonight in tournaments had 70% Mo Williams, 80% Serge Ibaka, 100% Harden, 50% Okafor, 40% Shabazz Muhammed (???). The guys people talk about on here and what the touts are giving out has not really matched up with what the best players are using so far in NBA.

Mo was cheap enough that if that game turned into a blowout he would still reach value which he just about did. Serge had a good matchup against any sort of backup PF the rockets threw at him and he just had a really solid last game too. Harden always seems to step up against his former team and tonight was no different he had a couple bad games but he was still shooting about 25 times a game he was bound to have a good one why not tonight? Okafor was a safe play he would have stayed in if the game was a blowout and Cleveland is pretty soft inside. Shabazz I didn’t even think about but I imagine he was cheap value that no one was talking about. He was a big part of the Wolves rotation last season before he got injured so it’s a solid play.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

AFTER you can rationalize any pick

Profitable night thanks to cashing in a $50 50/50.
    Would have been amazing if Festivus had not been sitting due to the blowout

Bottom line NBA is no more or less predictable than anything else. Blowouts, injuries, etc…

Tilting night. Worst case would have been cashing back $200, best case would have been $800.
    “(player-popup)Ted Ginn Jr drops a TD for $250 and Festivus gets no action in the 4th for $100…(not counting NBA yahoo where I finished 12th for $125 but could have been $1,000)

So I will gladly take my $500 and move on
    But NBA, NFL, MLB…doesn’t matter, guts and luck over everything…

• TeamTwerk

@Wombat said...

I mean how many 50 point games does Mo Williams have to put up before people give him credit as elite high upside tourney guy and going against sixers… He was doing it the last half of last season too whenever he would start.

Ibaka I guess has to do with depleted Houston interior and up tempo high scoring contest. Everything lined up for Harden.

Not sure about Okafor or Shabazz.

• Wombat

I know there’s a reason to play all those guys but the point is that they were not the most popular plays at their position (Harden makes sense given the lack of SG options.)

Basically what I am trying to do is figure out what stats he’s weighting heavily that lead to those guys. So you have to look at what they have in common rather than trying to justify each guy individually. I mean you can make an argument for every player out there if you do it one by one.

• ginobilisrings

“Steph Curry is outside the top 45 in minutes played, yet somehow still leads the NBA in total points & 3’s, and is top 5 in assists & steals”

• mealhouse

So I’m new to daily hoops, similar to football is there a typical total you are looking to hit in cash or just due to the variance in games per night is that going to swing drastically?

• MastodonsOfStrength

@JSteele said...

Mo was cheap enough that if that game turned into a blowout he would still reach value which he just about did. Serge had a good matchup against any sort of backup PF the rockets threw at him and he just had a really solid last game too. Harden always seems to step up against his former team and tonight was no different he had a couple bad games but he was still shooting about 25 times a game he was bound to have a good one why not tonight? Okafor was a safe play he would have stayed in if the game was a blowout and Cleveland is pretty soft inside. Shabazz I didn’t even think about but I imagine he was cheap value that no one was talking about. He was a big part of the Wolves rotation last season before he got injured so it’s a solid play.

I would almost guarantee that he is looking at different variables.

Its all stats and figures for those guys.
    What they put into their algorithm.

• TeamTwerk

@Wombat said...

I know there’s a reason to play all those guys but the point is that they were not the most popular plays at their position (Harden makes sense given the lack of SG options.)

Basically what I am trying to do is figure out what stats he’s weighting heavily that lead to those guys. So you have to look at what they have in common rather than trying to justify each guy individually. I mean you can make an argument for every player out there if you do it one by one.

Alright .I don’t know what magic stat you think is out there to be found to lead you to maxdalury’s excellent plays but good luck finding it.

• Turn2gold

On Draftkings $3 $300K Sharpshooter 200 Max Entry 109,104 Teams Top 24,920 Paid

Just 107 of the Top 494 Lineups were a single entry so 387 of the Top 494 were from Multi-entries … The 107 may be even lower that considering some of the 107 may also be multi-entry

• tianyihe

@Wombat said...

The real shocker is banders on Dk. His core was Ty Lawson, Harden, Lebron, Serge Ibaka, and Marcus Thorton. The Lawson play took balls and dude crushed it for over 70k in the crossover alone.

• Mindofigor

I actually know how Max gets his players. I had Mo + Ibaka and looked into Okafor but chose KAT instead due to potential higher upside as seen the previous day. I’m pretty sure he will go heavy on Julius Randle and Drummond tomorrow.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).