7:00 PM EST : Utah ( 7 ) at Philadelphia ( -7 ) —- T: 212
    7:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 1 ) at New York ( -1 ) —- T: 209.5
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -2.5 ) at New Orleans ( 2.5 ) —- T: 214.5
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 0 ) at Milwaukee ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( -1 ) at Memphis ( 1 ) —- T: 194
    8:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 9.5 ) at San Antonio ( -9.5 ) —- T: 203
    8:30 PM EST : Boston ( -7.5 ) at Dallas ( 7.5 ) —- T: 196.5
    10:00 PM EST : Denver ( -7 ) at Sacramento ( 7 ) —- T: 207

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tmarohl

@elving188 said...

What was your score to win the ticket? I shouldn’t do this to myself but I’m curious… lol

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

Without looking at Box Scores, I thought Gortat was the play at mid range. Did OK for me.

ahh yea i didn’t check really either .. i herd someone saying gortat did good.

My theory today was a lineup with Davis/LMA/Porzinger/Jordan
    and then Davis/LMA/Kyrie/Jordan
    … I think i might look at those mid tier gortats/kanters/ etc this next slate … I wanted to gain exposure to as many dbl dbls with high upside but.. the same can be true at that mid tier … something i’m tinkering with getting use to DK for sure. I’m still new to DK when trying to figure it all out

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

Kanter had 12-16-1-2-1 .. pair him with Davis/LMA/Kyrie and gortat .. if flexibility allows. .. and have alot of savings from porzingis to spread around and move up from lyles and joseph .. and my failed punt marvin williams .. in hindsight of course.. but just something i’m tinkering with trying to get a feel for …

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

Nice! My GPP lineup on FD was 360.8. So I wouldn’t have won that. Also, I wouldn’t have entered the $2. I was throwing a lot randomly into the 5c, 12c, 25c contests to try and win those tickets! I’ve won a total of 15 this season so far. But mostly for football MEGA qualifiers to the Fan Championship. I’ve got 2 tickets coming up in the $7 MEGA Qualifer on Wednesday (NFL) Top 300 get tickets to the Fan Champ. So I’m banking on that.

All 4 LUs that I had this past sunday in the the mega Q were a complete DUD! So pissed. But those 4 tickets cost me 20 cents in total so It wasn’t as bad as if I would’ve paid the $8 full price for each. But still. Would’ve been nice!

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@elving188 said...

Nice! My GPP lineup on FD was 360.8. So I wouldn’t have won that. Also, I wouldn’t have entered the $2. I was throwing a lot randomly into the 5c, 12c, 25c contests to try and win those tickets! I’ve won a total of 15 this season so far. But mostly for football MEGA qualifiers to the Fan Championship. I’ve got 2 tickets coming up in the $7 MEGA Qualifer on Wednesday (NFL) Top 300 get tickets to the Fan Champ. So I’m banking on that.

All 4 LUs that I had this past sunday in the the mega Q were a complete DUD! So pissed. But those 4 tickets cost me 20 cents in total so It wasn’t as bad as if I would’ve paid the $8 full price. But still. Would’ve been nice!

nice!! yea when i do satellites on FD i do the $1 – 100 win out of 470 for the clutch shots… i’ve managed 12 of them for 12/26 but i’ll probably hold right there because a lot of my play is going to DK now with better payout. Im still dabbling on fanduel, especially with tickets coming but its always fun to try those couple cent satellites and see what happens.

• Bdawg69

Pretty sure this was the worst night of NBA I have ever had. 188 on the dot. I really want to cry. Willie will NEVER be in my fucking lineup again.

• Petergunz82

@tmarohl said...

$2

That’s sick, take it down

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

Ugh which reminds me. I need to set my LUs early for NFL this week. I’m leaving for Seoul on Friday. So won’t be able to set anything after that obviously. Hope nothing too crazy comes out lol cause I wont be back until Tuesday.

So if some crazy news breaks. Someone better be expecting a collect call from Korea.

• tmarohl

@KATburger said...

ahh yea i didn’t check really either .. i herd someone saying gortat did good.

My theory today was a lineup with Davis/LMA/Porzinger/Jordan
    and then Davis/LMA/Kyrie/Jordan
    … I think i might look at those mid tier gortats/kanters/ etc this next slate … I wanted to gain exposure to as many dbl dbls with high upside but.. the same can be true at that mid tier … something i’m tinkering with getting use to DK for sure. I’m still new to DK when trying to figure it all out

I played mostly FD up until this year. DK is mostly new to me as well. Totally different strategies. DK seems to be to identify the position of value for the day, and then stack it. For instance, centers are typically under priced and often have PF eligibility. On some slates, that actually allows you to play 4 centers. 1 at PF, 1 at F, 1 at center and 1 at utility. Same thing with point guards. They often have SG eligibility. You can play 1 at PG, 1 at SG, 1 at G and 1 at utility.

FD seems to be more like trying to avoid land mines, and look for guys with solid floors but also have upside. That is why I don’t like to play Lebron James. Pretty solid floor but usually no upside. It is also why It is hard to play predictable guys like Blake Griffin.

• Petergunz82

@tmarohl said...

I played mostly FD up until this year. DK is mostly new to me as well. Totally different strategies. DK seems to be to identify the position of value for the day, and then stack it. For instance, centers are typically under priced and often have PF eligibility. On some slates, that actually allows you to play 4 centers. 1 at PF, 1 at F, 1 at center and 1 at utility. Same thing with point guards. They often have SG eligibility. You can play 1 at PG, 1 at SG, 1 at G and 1 at utility.

FD seems to be more like trying to avoid land mines, and look for guys with solid floors but also have upside. That is why I don’t like to play Lebron James. Pretty solid floor but usually no upside. It is also why It is hard to play predictable guys like Blake Griffin.

I don’t play cash but Blake seems like a cash play similar to Ben Simmons, who apparently gets 50 DK pts a night.

I agree with you, the MPE gives you the flexibility to put a Spencer Dinwiddie in the SG spot. It also means you have to nail everything because someone has the right combo.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

Yeah, I like DK for that reason! The multiple position eligibility is quite nice. I kind of did that last night. Being able to play Kyle Anderson at PG and Chalmers at my other G spot and played Joker at UTIL & Gasol at C. Then I was able to pay up at SF since didn’t need to have Anderson in that spot. It goes on and on. It makes for very unique roster construction almost every night.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

I like how you laid that out. That’s exactly the kind of approach i was intending for but definitely paid up a little too much tonight, so those C’s in a good spot at good cost is definitely key, Pg as well. thank you It’s definitely tricky. i’m going to try to get a lineup with how you’ve recommended it .. I’m going to have time to tinker with nothing going on until wednesday. Thank you for the info. and for FD yea i agree on that it feels that way most nights

• ASalvaro

man you have to LOVE Spencer Dinwiddie against the Cavs bad defense on Wednesday for $6,300 on DK
    he had a really bad 1st quarter yesterday and still ended up with almost 40 dk points

• tmarohl

@ASalvaro said...

man you have to LOVE Spencer Dinwiddie against the Cavs bad defense on Wednesday for $6,300 on DK
    he had a really bad 1st quarter yesterday and still ended up with almost 40 dk points

Cav’s bad d wasn’t so bad tonight.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@ASalvaro said...

Yeah, he’s certainly more viable on DK! No chance I’ll go there on FD at 7.6k Def gonna pay down for Bledsoe at only 6.3k on FD in a REVENGE spot vs the SUNS! And I’ll probably pay up for the other. Wall, Curry & RWB (but I doubt I’ll be playing Westbrook) in nice spots.

• tmarohl

@elving188 said...

Yeah, he’s certainly more viable on DK! No chance I’ll go there on FD at 7.6k Def gonna pay down for Bledsoe at only 6.3k on FD in a REVENGE spot vs the SUNS! And I’ll probably pay up for the other. Wall, Curry & RWB (but I doubt I’ll be playing Westbrook) in nice spots.

Who is the dude in your avatar?

• gaelicgirl

Wasn’t going to play that massive slate on Wed, glad FD made a small Tues-Wed one that includes the Warriors game.
    I always read the last 4-5 pages of these threads when I get home from work, to see what I missed…LOL

• damionismyname

@elving188 said...

Looks like fading DK tomorrow, only playing FD. Larger payouts and no way I’m entering that $8 DK contest lol for Tues-Wed

they just got rid of the $4 contest altogether on DK and made it straight $8 without a thought. Last year $4 were the big contest but I guess they’re trying to pull as much money out of us as possible. Only doing quarters on DK for a bit. Sick of paying $8 to not cash only to see my quarter lineup hit 300 for 75 cent.

• damionismyname

@tmarohl said...

thats Denzel from Training Day

• ASalvaro

@elving188 said...

Man that’s right Bledsoe against the Suns

• pick6er

Sitting here looking for a slate tomorrow…

• DirkDigglerz

I wish I could go back in time when Bitcoin was still 20 bucks :(

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

Denzel Washington in the movie Training Day

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@pick6er said...

Sitting here looking for a slate tomorrow…

Yeah I originally decided I wasn’t gonna play on DK for any of the Tues-Wed slate. But I changed my mind. I’m going to get my beak wet in a few .25 cent contests. Nothing above that. There is also a $500 free tournament, I’ll join lol

Gonna be mostly on FD tomorrow. I Like the contests there better for Tues-Wed

• colb24

Play my boy shabazz Napier and win everything…. and if Dames ankle is banged up Napier wins everything

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).