Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -6 ) at Orlando ( 6 ) —- T: 222.5
    7:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 1 ) at Washington ( -1 ) —- T: 230
    7:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 3 ) at Miami ( -3 ) —- T: 215.5
    7:30 PM EST : Portland ( -7.5 ) at New York ( 7.5 ) —- T: 221.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• monarch

@Gadnuk said...

Winslow should have a good game. Wouldn’t forget about him. With T. Johnson and Dragic out I have to have Winslow in my single entry. Has a higher upside than Ellington and is 100 more than him (I play DK)

I have some interest in Winslow but he’s chalk and perhaps bad chalk tonight. JJ is not chalk and has a higher ceiling

• travvis

• DfsBopBooth

@kbsktbll88 said...

Ibaka

Ross

• miggs6876

@RipCityRings said...

Just noticed Allen didn’t play vs MIA last week, which makes me like Whiteside a lot more. Also puts Ed Davis in play in the event that Whitey gets Allen into foul trouble.

I am all over Whiteside. If he shits the bed I will be toast. His upside and matchup is too good to for me to pass. I simply playing the best matchup there is a C position.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@kbsktbll88 said...

Because he’s over priced. $9,500 on DK and hasn’t shown any consistent upside this season to pay that salary off. You’re going to need nearly 60 points from him tonight. He’s only hit 60 once so far this season and that game went to OT where he played 42 minutes.

not if its a low cash line…

I.E. Wade/Winslow/Rich produce 4-4.5x salary… BKN continues to ‘spread’ things around and Portland hammers the Knicks the way they should.

If Kawhi gets you 45 on FD or DK he’s probably going to be in the winning lineup. Sometimes we tend to overthink things. Your pay up spots can get you 4-4.5x salary…. and take a GPP… If your mid tiers and value gets you 4-4.5x you stand no chance.

• miggs6876

My core is Whiteside, Harrell, Lou Will.

• draggin49

Ugh, kawhi and lillard are so pricey on dk, IF Lowry plays I think it’ll be easier to move off kawhi. Lillard seems like the clear cut top play at PG but the upside has been priced into where he is at . Not really interested in wall, or Lowry if kawhi is in , Dlo last outing vs Miami was uninspiring, McCollum is a total dice roll, he’s had one big game all year .
    Anyone wanna give their thoughts on PG positions on dk?

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@Calicapo said...

Ibaka pivot from harrell?

• monarch

@miggs6876 said...

I am all over Whiteside. If he shits the bed I will be toast. His upside and matchup is too good to for me to pass. I simply playing the best matchup there is a C position.

The Heat could play four different players at C tonight. Spoelstra is pissed about their defense and Whiteside is one of their worst team defenders, especially against a spread drive and kick team like Brooklyn. I would hedge some if you have the ability to do so.

• NIN1002

Am I all alone in continuing to fade Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Justise Winslow immediately off the bat? I’ve never touched either all year and it seems both of them get a ton of ownership. I just don’t get what I’m missing out on.

• kbsktbll88

@KATburger said...

not if its a low cash line…

I.E. Wade/Winslow/Rich produce 4-4.5x salary… BKN continues to ‘spread’ things around and Portland hammers the Knicks the way they should.

If Kawhi gets you 45 on FD or DK he’s probably going to be in the winning lineup. Sometimes we tend to overthink things. Your pay up spots can get you 4-4.5x salary…. and take a GPP… If your mid tiers and value gets you 4-4.5x you stand no chance.

That’s true, but I’d rather pay up for Lillard, Whiteside or Vuc if I’m going to pay up for anyone. They can all get you 45 too.. but have shown higher upside than Kawhi too.

• ScofieldReturns

Siakam or ibaka on FD? Hate choosing between them, and have enough money for either. Ibaka has that revenge game factor…who doesn’t get it up to play their old team that traded them away halfway thru a season?

• miggs6876

@monarch said...

The Heat could play four different players at C tonight. Spoelstra is pissed about their defense and Whiteside is one of their worst team defenders, especially against a spread drive and kick team like Brooklyn. I would hedge some if you have the ability to do so.

The risk factor is legit. I am only playing 2 or 3 lineups. Might spend $5 so its no biggie.

• miggs6876

@kbsktbll88 said...

That’s true, but I’d rather pay up for Lillard, Whiteside or Vuc if I’m going to pay up for anyone. They can all get you 45 too.. but have shown higher upside than Kawhi too.

Simple its called “raw points.” You need them in a small slate especially.

• kbsktbll88

Off topic but…..

CDC
    ‏Verified account @CDCgov
    34m34 minutes ago

Outbreak Alert: Do not eat any romaine lettuce, including whole heads and hearts, chopped, organic and salad mixes with romaine until we learn more. If you don’t know if it’s romaine or can’t confirm the source, don’t eat it. https://go.usa.gov/xPAy5

• Gadnuk

@monarch said...

I have some interest in Winslow but he’s chalk and perhaps bad chalk tonight. JJ is not chalk and has a higher ceiling

And is likely to have a minutes limit when there are a lot of people at the 4 and 5 on the Heat that are healthy. In GPPs I see what you are saying, but not in cash

• monarch

Anyone value Kanter per dollar at C? Seems like an eruption spot at home, especially if he enters the game after Nurk has a foul or two and feasts on Collins or Myers Leonard.

• Monty1507

Can’t decide between Wall or Dame. Some help please?

• wilke7425

@hogger67 said...

I’ll donate again tonight.

Damn my odds just went down

• TrustinthePlan

Just an update in the DK forum contest that mtdurham runs. We still need 9 folks to fill the contest. Please spread the word around and join up!

Also, all the Whiteside tonight for me!

• dmbtrip2004

@kbsktbll88 said...

Off topic but…..

CDC
    ‏Verified account @CDCgov
    34m34 minutes ago

Outbreak Alert: Do not eat any romaine lettuce, including whole heads and hearts, chopped, organic and salad mixes with romaine until we learn more. If you don’t know if it’s romaine or can’t confirm the source, don’t eat it. https://go.usa.gov/xPAy5

• wilke7425

@Joeyrockland1 said...

seems like with the new format on FD I’m trying to get in any many studs as i can and playing like 3 to 4 scrubs who are getting minutes, hoping 2 go off. I play mostly cash, just doesn’t feel right.

What was the cash line last night?

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@Ree4erMadness said...

No way I’m playing Wade, y’all can have that. I’ll take Jrich and Mcgruder. McGruder was like 6500 on DK earlier in the year. Now he’s 4800? With no Tyler Johnson or Dragic? I was playing with him WITH Tyler Johnson in. I’m definitely playing him now, especially on DK.

And on 2nd thought on Kawhi. A definite no on DK but you basically have to play him on FD because SF is such a shit show on FD. You can basically only play Richardson and Kawhi. Unless you want Isaac at 5100. If he was priced lower, I’d use him. If there were any other decent options at SF on FD, I wouldn’t be playing Kawhi at 10K.

And now my lineup is all messed up and I can’t really play Vuc or Whiteside on FD. Id have to go down to Kanter or Allen which I’m fine doing. He’ll be low owned for sure and Mitchell Robinson will have 2 fouls in the first 2 minutes against Nurkic. Dude picked up like 5 fouls in 9 minutes the other day.

And actually, I may come down from Harrell to either Morris(no Howard), or Mike Scott and just punt the PF position on FD.

Agree on wade, and pretty much all of the Heat accept min punt in DJJ though. SF on FD but really he’s a PG/SG … Miami has been struggling as of late and Brooklyn is the better team as of right now. Both teams like to play 3 guard sets, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if after lock MIA changes things up and slides Jones in the starting lineup and they decide to bring Ellington off the bench alongside of D Wade. Their current rotation hasn’t been working.

I think it’ll be a great way to differentiate from the field and plug the other solid plays in at SG/PF.

Just my opinion though of course

• DfsBopBooth

@monarch said...

I can’t trust Whiteside tonight. Might punt with Gortat and move on. Spo can go and give him 25 Mins because that’s what he does.

• monarch

@Gadnuk said...

And is likely to have a minutes limit when there are a lot of people at the 4 and 5 on the Heat that are healthy. In GPPs I see what you are saying, but not in cash

Of course he’s on a minutes limit but they rushed him back because they need him…Spoelstra is on record as saying that. He’s their preferred choice at the PF position and can smash in 25 minutes which is a reasonable projection tonight. He went through a full practice yesterday, only played 15 minutes against the Lakers because he had four fouls on LeBron by half time. All of this is lowering his ownership.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).