Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -6 ) at Orlando ( 6 ) —- T: 222.5
    7:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 1 ) at Washington ( -1 ) —- T: 230
    7:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 3 ) at Miami ( -3 ) —- T: 215.5
    7:30 PM EST : Portland ( -7.5 ) at New York ( 7.5 ) —- T: 221.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• SkateFiend

Noah Vonleh was 22% owned at FD’s quarter games. He offered my lineups very little edge.

In baseball playing 150 lineups may occasionally reward you because you’ll eventually run into a stack that goes right. I stacked the Mets twice when they went off (in one game their middling catcher hit a grand slam on top of what was already a blowout) and I turned a quarter into 50 bucks.

I’m not going to play 150 lineups in NBA even if I have the bankroll. That’s suicide. NBA is probably the least suitable sports for DFS, especially for low volume players. Playing time and production fluctuates way too often below the elite tier. If you got 25 DFS points for Jimmy Butler before half your lineup starts, it’s already halfway to not cashing.

• mr_papageorgio

On the topic of leaving salary on the table, near the end of last season I had Dejounte Murray in my guard spot and he was playing the Lakers which was basically the nut matchup for PG. I had $400 left and upgraded to Rondo who had an average matchup. That turned out to be a $49,930 mistake. I agree with Panda though I generally won’t leave more than a few hundred but it can work out sometimes.

• Ree4erMadness

Got a 317.2 in $10 single entry on FD

SGA
    Dame
    Russell
    Ross
    Richardson
    Hezogna
    Vonleh
    Harris
    Whiteside

Ill gladly take my $30

• pbr713

First set of stat corrections and I’m now not cashing haha. Should have never looked

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

@Epignosis said...

This is not to say that you CAN’T win ( that would be a foolish thing to say)- the point is that you are not guaranteed a win just because you have 150 entries.

People asserting that they’d be champions if they could do 150 lineups? Nope.

Agreed.

However the low stakes argument isn’t fair.

In the minimax there are many, many, more users entering 150 lineups, while competition of Max entry players in 150-max contests with fees of $10 or more is much smaller (although on average more skilled)

• RipCityRings

Would’ve taken down the shot if I swapped Lillard and Otto for VanVleet and Kawhi. Didn’t get to see that Lowry was in before lock, but at least I got Wall/D’Lo/Green/Siakam/Vonleh/Whiteside right. I always seem to play a single bullet on slates I have the best grasp of. Oh well, still doubled up.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah. I have no issue leaving money. I usually don’t leave more than $500 though. Just depends. I legitimately liked Aminu tonight and had him in other line ups. I think earlier in the thread there was someone posting about not liking to leave money on the table or something. Either way it’s a good lesson for anyone that you don’t have to spend it all.

Nice lineup… tough break. I agree that Aminu looked like a fine play tonight.

My lineups were superbly average tonight. Sucks… LOL

• mtdurham

@Epignosis said...

191 lineups here and losing money.

Anybody else want to assert that all they have to do is put up 150 lineups and they’d win? I’m waiting to see it.

its the dumbest theory ive ever heard….

if you lose money putting in a handful of lineups every night, obviously you are likely to lose a lot more if you put in more lineups…

you need to be good to make money putting in a handful of lineups a night… but you need to be ELITE to make money putting in a TON of lineups every night…

Life isnt always counter-intuitive fellas

• S7ubs

Missed a cash line by .3 in one of my lineups to break even :(

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Unico10 said...

Nice lineup… tough break. I agree that Aminu looked like a fine play tonight.

My lineups were superbly average tonight. Sucks… LOL

Yeah, Happens. After stat corrections it would have fell to 4th I believe so at least I didn’t have to endure a 90K drop.

• S7ubs

Missed a cash line by .3 in one of my lineups to break even :(

• pbr713

@mtdurham said...

if you lose money putting in a handful of lineups every night, obviously you are likely to lose a lot more if you put in more lineups…

you need to be good to make money putting in a handful of lineups a night… but you need to be ELITE to make money putting in a TON of lineups every night…

If his core players go off his probability of high scoring lineups is greatly increased. I don’t think anyone has their “core” hit value every night.

• noddy

I never break 300. Very discouraging. You’d think once in a while dumb luck would get me there but nope.

• JayB82

@mtdurham said...

I agree especially for NBA I use to make a lot of lineups and burn through my bankroll now I just focus on one single lineup and take my shots with it, mainly in single entries.

• Kamais_Ookin

I cashing by .25 pts after stat corrections lol. So terrible at this, just do 1 lu and see what happens.

• ScofieldReturns

Had wall/lillard/mccollum who all went off….but didn’t have vonleh so of course i didn’t cash lol

• damionismyname

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@noddy said...

I never break 300. Very discouraging. You’d think once in a while dumb luck would get me there but nope.

list the players from your best lineup and score so we can see it.

• scott33

@noddy said...

Should’ve went back to the Wall/Beal combo 1 more time. I was wondering if u went back to them after they burned u a couple times the past week…

• noddy

@damionismyname said...

list the players from your best lineup and score so we can see it.

I just quickly put in 2 lineups tonight. The best one scored 266.75.

Burke
    Beal
    McGruder
    Harrell
    Whiteside
    Dimwiddie
    Ross
    Nurkic

• Benf15harp

So for lebron’s return tomorrow thought I’d look up his last games played in Cleveland while he was playing for the heat.
    38/8/5
    27/12/10
    28/5/5
    25/12/10
    28/5/5
    43/6/4
    Not too shabby but 11.6k is steep

• noddy

@scott33 said...

Should’ve went back to the Wall/Beal combo 1 more time. I was wondering if u went back to them after they burned u a couple times the past week…

Yep. I had no time today to do much of anything. Tomorrow I do though

• pbr713

@noddy said...

I just quickly put in 2 lineups tonight. The best one scored 266.75.

Burke
    Beal
    McGruder
    Harrell
    Whiteside
    Dimwiddie
    Ross
    Nurkic

I payed up for center’s tonight as well. Unfortunately for us it was a guard night

• casper

I had a good run in MLB towards the end of the season as a new player to MLB.Been playing NBA for years it seems harder than ever to put up a decent line up.Just seem to get sucked into bad plays with all the rest injuries and line up changes.Its like a moving target I faded whitside played Kanter and other heat players who stood around watching whiteside smash

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Benf15harp said...

So for lebron’s return tomorrow thought I’d look up his last games played in Cleveland while he was playing for the heat.
    38/8/5
    27/12/10
    28/5/5
    25/12/10
    28/5/5
    43/6/4
    Not too shabby but 11.6k is steep

Yeah and on a 13 game slate with so many options. I don’t know though. He did just drop 73 in Miami after dropping 80 a couple games before that…

• noddy

Centers against Brooklyn right? So DJ tomorrow?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).