NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

10:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 5.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -5.5 ) —- T: 210.5

While I have no odds at this time, here are the 3 games from the big 2 sites that are on this slate:

ON FD: CHI/LAL, GSW/OKC, DEN/HOU, MIL/PHO
    ON DK: CHI/LAL, BKN/CLE, WAS/CHA, POR/PHI

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

Robin Lopez 2016-17 3gms 25.7min 10.7pts 6.0reb 1.0ast 0.0stl 1.7blk
    Robin Lopez Career 16- 26.9 – 10.0- 5.7 – 0.8 – 0.3 – 1.6

Brook Lopez 2016-17 3 – 29.2 – 19.7 – 3.3 – 1.7 – 0.0 – 0.7
    Brook Lopez Career 16 – 31.6 – 20.8 – 6.7 – 1.9 – 0.8 – 1.4

Advantage Brook. And considering the pace of play of the Lakes and his involvement when he gets the minutes. Advantage brook today

• Jaseboyhyde

I’ve always thought RoLo is as likely to lay down and lick the court as he is to hit value. I don’t believe in a no play list, but he is on mine, along with Kyle Lowry. I’ve never gotten either one right. They irritate me.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@Jaseboyhyde said...

I’ve always thought RoLo is as likely to lay down and lick the court as he is to hit value. I don’t believe in a no play list, but he is on mine, along with Kyle Lowry. I’ve never gotten either one right. They irritate me.

rolo has been a good 5-6x performer this year. Just gets to value in an ugly sort of way lol

• Rcpotts08

@KATburger said...

Robin Lopez 2016-17 3gms 25.7min 10.7pts 6.0reb 1.0ast 0.0stl 1.7blk
    Robin Lopez Career 16 26.9 10.0 5.7 0.8 0.3 1.6

Brook Lopez 2016-17 3 29.2 19.7 3.3 1.7 0.0 0.7
    Brook Lopez Career 16 31.6 20.8 6.7 1.9 0.8 1.4

Advantage Brook. And considering the pace of play of the Lakes and his involvement when he gets the minutes. Advantage brook today

play them both, if they combine for 55-60 then you have succeeded lol.

• jfree901

Who’s gonna soak up Millsaps minutes? Do we see 18-20 outta JH or Plumlee? Do we think they go small with Jokic and we see pace increase?

• Rcpotts08

@jfree901 said...

Who’s gonna soak up Millsaps minutes? Do we see 18-20 outta JH or Plumlee? Do we think they go small with Jokic and we see pace increase?

Faried

• noddy

If Booker is out tomorrow is 4 Nets too many?

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@miggs6876 said...

I played Port is the other day. He fit the price range and I figured I would hit value. I can’t remember exactly but I think he got me 16 fantasy points. He’s a no play for me

i just think he’s a great pivot off randle on DK at the exact same price. if this was a normal slate and i was playing the excellent 8“s and sharpshooter i’d probably have less interest, but im only playing the milly maker satellites tonight so i’ll take some shots and “free bobby portis” in a few lineups.

And when he only has 17 dk points to randle’s 35 dk points everyone please feel free to call me a donkey, i wont be offended or get mad lol

• indyjlj

@KATburger said...

everyone see kris dunn starting. i have him and lonzo in since those tinkers earlier .. feel lonzo’s 30-35 is safer than what might be a defensive cavs team all of a sudden? lol thats kind of a joke… but have to wonder with that last thumping.

KAT, much respect. For me, going with my opinion earlier that Kris Dunn will neutralize Lonzo Ball. He is very physical

• miggs6876

@dab4me1 said...

I work in finance too, very familiar with the concept of hedging lol, and the point is to hedge risk. Theres a difference though between hedging a security and hedging in DFS; the reason for hedging in DFS is it increases your chances of winning the top heavy first prize. Don’t want to take away from the lineup discussion so I agree we should just respectfully agree to disagree.

Well, many years ago. I played a $10 10 game football parley. At that time, the pay off was only 500-1. I always played the Monday night game so I could hedge my bet if I still was live. Well it happened. $5000 live ticket. I think I had Philly – 6. So I went down to place bet on Cowboys to hedge bet. Wanted so dearly for line to move where I could posibly win both bets. Never did and I bet $2250 on the Boys. Philly won and so did I. Some of my coworkers called me foolish others said they liked my hedge. I know its was my call. Side note. A coworker a few years before this had a similar scenario. He didn’t hedge bet and his team lost. He got nothing. Also, I considered trying to sell the ticket but I was in Mexico and too scared to advertise my live ticket. Would any big bettor buy a ticket so for $3500 or more? Maximizing my profit with no risk. Makes sense if they are going to bet 5k on my team. Sorry for the rant…

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@Rcpotts08 said...

play them both, if they combine for 55-60 then you have succeeded lol.

Very good point

• indyjlj

If Booker is out tomorrow night, I wonder if RHJ could start at the 5 against Love. I think that would be a better option than starting Zeller, Mozgov, or Allen

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@indyjlj said...

KAT, much respect. For me, going with my opinion earlier that Kris Dunn will neutralize Lonzo Ball. He is very physical

Yea i’m a wolves lifer.. he’s going to make it hard on Lonzo Ball to score for sure but i’m looking at the peripherals due to the weaker defensive players chicago has. I agree it’s risky to be on ball with dunn locked in on him. Buttttt high risk.. high reward? lol hopefully. I’ll probably regret taking woodie wood pecker out after tonight but with how nba has been going maybe woody breaks his pecker tomorrow lol

• indyjlj

@KATburger said...

Yea i’m a wolves lifer.. he’s going to make it hard on Lonzo Ball to score for sure but i’m looking at the peripherals due to the weaker defensive players chicago has. I agree it’s risky to be on ball with dunn locked in on him. Buttttt high risk.. high reward? lol hopefully. I’ll probably regret taking woodie wood pecker out after tonight but with how nba has been going maybe woody breaks his pecker tomorrow lol

Hoping the slate goes well for us all. If Ball goes nuts, maybe I buy a BBB t-shirt…

• IronheadBAM

Didn’t have much time today. So no contribution from me. I did get four DK lineups in. Had one with 1900 remaining that I don’t hate. I believe that is the most I’ve left on the table. Not sure how to feel about it. Time will tell. Good luck y’all.

• Rcpotts08

KCP 16% and RLO 18% in the $8…I will take that ALL DAY every day on this kind of wacky slate.

• rpmorris1

@indyjlj said...

No LoBall for me either, don’t like the match up.

• JohnBeal

3 lu’s. One fading everybody tonight so I know what I need tommorrow.

• damionismyname

@NoLimits0 said...

Again we can agree to disagree. This is a good discussion and I have no issues with you guys. The only reason I have an issue with jmac is he personally calls out people like with what he did with KAT yesterday too. You guys are fine and we agree to disagree.

I disagree with this statement. I work in finance and hedging is most often used in finance. Hedging by nature is -EV. It reduces variance but it is -EV, as used in finance. It’s the same idea in DFS.

Pros max enter 150 entries not to increase their EV but to lock in their +EV by reducing variance. However by doing this they actually marginally decrease their -EV from one entry to the next.

Does that make sense? That’s why their ROI is hurt but they increase their chances to win with each new subsequent entry.

Think about why pros don’t enter multiple differert lineups in cash. It’s the same idea.

I hope a pro or a semi max entry guy comes to answer his perspective but I doubt they will see this thread.

I max out the QA everyday and have 60-70% of the same plays in every lineup. If one hits then you’re good but if your core sucks then you may barely win anything.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@indyjlj said...

Hoping the slate goes well for us all. If Ball goes nuts, maybe I buy a BBB t-shirt…

Yea everyone here can win with however there lineups constructed. Let the sharks be on the duds for the night!! lol

• jfree901

@Rcpotts08 said...

Faried

Why did he only play 18 min the other night then? Did he get in foul trouble? I did not get to watch the game.

• yisman

very unusual for DK to have overlay in NBA but there was some for pick’em

played $372 worth, EV is roughly $420

• SkateFiend

Lonzo Ball is more of risk than you think. When he plays almost 40 minutes he can make up for shooing 2 for 45 by grabbing rebounds and dishing out assists to teammates who actually contribute to the offense.

When he’s off Walton might just bench him. If he only plays 28 minutes

The guy cannot actually shoot the ball, especially long range. He has an ok move to the basket. That’s about it. I watch the Lakers regularly and he’s one of those “My eyes tell me not to trust him for DFS purposes” guys.

• KindGuy

You can just tell Dunn is motivated tonight.

• zline34

@SkateFiend said...

Lonzo Ball is more of risk than you think. When he plays almost 40 minutes he can make up for shooing 2 for 45 by grabbing rebounds and dishing out assists to teammates who actually contribute to the offense.

When he’s off Walton might just bench him. If he only plays 28 minutes

The guy cannot actually shoot the ball, especially long range. He has an ok move to the basket. That’s about it. I watch the Lakers regularly and he’s one of those “My eyes tell me not to trust him for DFS purposes” guys.

Still looks so awkward out there. I’ve been watching him for years and the he hasn’t worked on any of his flaws in his game. Not sure if he’ll ever have any flow

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).