8:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 2 ) at Chicago ( -2 ) —- T: 213
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 8.5 ) at Houston ( -8.5 ) —- T: 215
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 6 ) at Milwaukee ( -6 ) —- T: 226
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( 2 ) at Minnesota ( -2 ) —- T: 215
    8:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 5.5 ) at Dallas ( -5.5 ) —- T: 214.5
    8:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 2.5 ) at San Antonio ( -2.5 ) —- T: 200.5
    9:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 9.5 ) at Utah ( -9.5 ) —- T: 219
    10:30 PM EST : Okla City ( 1 ) at Golden State ( -1 ) —- T: 222.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• monarch

@SpockJ said...

Turner out = Sabonis Lock
    Sexton out = Clarkson lock

I think embiid/AD get into foul trouble or they drop 100 burgers. The total is 235 which is easily the highest of the slate, and -1 means it should stay close and starters see a lot of mins. If foul trouble does happen randle could get a lot of run with low ownership.

Randle is a great play regardless. Sixers allowing 54 opponents paint points last three games. That’s where he does his damage. Pels also the most friendly in that area…reason why I like Simmons. It will be wide open with little defense around the rim.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

This!

I’ve been guilty of this. I’ve been on the board goofing around and then realize it’s 20 minutes to lock and I still have 8 reserved line ups left to edit and end up having to rush. Totally done that before.

Haha…that’s the most logical reason. Yet I think it’s easy to fall into some groupthink as well, which is great for cash games, yet not so much for GPP’s.

• superjon

Lebron just put up 72 FD points the other day, and he gets to go back to Cleveland tonight to face his old team. So what does FD decide to do? Lower his price to $11,500

Let’s do the math. Lebron coming off a great game + facing old team + price was lowered = MEGA TRAP.

That’s my “hot” take for the day. As always, feel free to disagree and rub it in when he goes off for 90.

• kbsktbll88

@Njsum1 said...

I like discussing plays, yet I don’t think it’s that helpful. I think if you can apply reasoning you’ve learned to future slates it could be helpful. Or if you make multiple lineups make 1 based on forum advice. This way if it sucks it’s only one lineup.

Also, very hard not to be swayed, especially if you’re actively posting and reading.

Edit: for example, I made 4 lineups yesterday on DK. I went 100% John Wall. After lock I started reading posts, and saw very little positive about John Wall. Just a bunch of dumpsters GIF’s about the Wizards. Proably would have swayed me just a tad, if I saw them. Maybe I would have went 50% John Wall…who knows. Saw a lot of Kanter love too, I had him in 1 lineup, might of had him in more if I read posts before lock.

I think it’s helpful because some people watch a lot of games of specific teams and have more knowledge about that specific team than I do. I’ll only change my opinion if it actually makes sense. Like a lot of people were high on Kawhi last night which I wasn’t, I thought he made 0 sense and I kept him out of my pool. At the same time I had a lot of Wall cause I thought he was a very good play.. and I was one of the people posting the dumpster gifs too lol

• eleanorRigby

All in on Carter Jr..

• eleanorRigby

@Benf15harp said...

I’m calling it now…..
    Embiid 100 burger
    Westbrook 100 burger
    Lebron 100 burger
    Lmao

AD?

• Ace15

@superjon said...

Lebron just put up 72 FD points the other day, and he gets to go back to Cleveland tonight to face his old team. So what does FD decide to do? Lower his price to $11,500

Let’s do the math. Lebron coming off a great game + facing old team + price was lowered = MEGA TRAP.

That’s my “hot” take for the day. As always, feel free to disagree and rub it in when he goes off for 90.

Lebron is an easy fade for me tonight. The only narrative is he’s going back to CLE where he will get a standing ovation. Don’t think tonight is the night he’s motivated to show out, he’s given CLE everything already.

• upgradetoquestionable

@Benf15harp said...

Sounds like you guys take this WAAAAAAAY too seriously
    Have fun with it
    Life is too short to stress about fantasy sports

Not too serious at all. Just a self reminder to not take everyone that everyone else recommends.

• Petitionersliability

Any history of tinkering actually resulting in BETTER lineups?? My first draft lu last night was AGES better than the junk I actually ended up with.

My buddy met Bledsoe at an apple store yesterday afternoon. . . therefore Bledsoe is guaranteed LOCK today (new phone bledsoe is $$$)

• kbsktbll88

@Petitionersliability said...

Any history of tinkering actually resulting in BETTER lineups?? My first draft lu last night was AGES better than the junk I actually ended up with.

My buddy met Bledsoe at an apple store yesterday afternoon. . . therefore Bledsoe is guaranteed LOCK today (new phone bledsoe is $$$)

Or maybe Bledsoe has been on his new phone all day long and his fingers hurt and hand is sore and that’s going to effect his shot tonight so he’s an easy fade.

• Njsum1

@superjon said...

Im not playing Lebron tonight either. So for those keeping up with the forum today, it’s time to go all in 😎.

If the game stays really close, I guess he could have a big game, cause the lakers need every win they can get to make the payoffs in the West. Also Lebron didn’t have a good game in Miami until a few nights ago, and he left there like 6 years ago. I think that was by choice.

I doubt Lebron will want to stick it to the Cleveland fans if he doesn’t have to. He’s image conscious and an ambassador for the NBA so I’m not sure how that will look.

However, the fans might want to see 1 more great performance from the King, and don’t really care if their…

Of a team gets smashed 😁 Cleveland might actually prefer to Lebron to go ham. I think Lebron will give the fans what they want, it’s just that I’m not really sure what they want. And I’m guessing Lebron doesn’t really know either…haha

Ok I just talked myself into a Lebron Lineup.

• kbsktbll88

Rod Boone
    ‏Verified account @rodboone
    2m2 minutes ago

Willy Hernangomez is out tonight vs. Pacers.

Rick Bonnell
    ‏Verified account @rick_bonnell
    17m17 minutes ago

If Hernangomez doesn’t play, Biyombo and/or Kaminsky as backup center.

Kaminsky!?!?

• eleanorRigby

I’m using Wilson Chandler as one of my salary Savers this evening. What could go wrong?

• pbr713

Buddy Hield under priced today

• kbsktbll88

Joe Vardon
    ‏Verified account @joevardon
    3m3 minutes ago

Cedi Osman was LeBron’s replacement in the Cavs starting lineup, but he won’t guard James at first. That job will go to David Nwaba, who is starting in place of Larry Nance. Cavs look to start with Sexton, Hood, Cedi, Nwaba, Tristan

Talk about a mismatch. Bron should be able to get anything he wants tonight. The spread is the only thing that worries me here, but I’ll probably have some Bron tonight.

• Fear_The_Fro

Doesn’t Lebron hate Dan Gilbert? Am I off on that? He said something the other day about knowing it was over in Cleveland when they traded away Kyrie. Is he pissed he had to leave Cleveland? Will he want to stick it to Gilbert? Will kids from his school be at the game? Will he want to put on a show for them? If Lebron wants to crush, he will crush. I don’t think you can fade him completely. But I also don’t know much, so carry on.

• miggs6876

@be47320 said...

Ndwaba all day

Why? It is post like this that are somewhat worthless or at least of lesser value. People are free to post. I get it. But, to throw names out there with no substance is like eating a burger with no meat.

• wilke7425

@kbsktbll88 said...

Idk about results. But I try not to be swayed by others opinions and stick with my own gut and knowledge. But at the same time I think it’s helpful to discuss plays because sometimes we don’t see all the reasons/angles for playing specific people and others do.

Bang on bro. Have fun with this site. Throw some barbs. Enjoy the camaraderie. Trust your gut feeling.

• BUFUu2

@eleanorRigby said...

I’m using Wilson Chandler as one of my salary Savers this evening. What could go wrong?

i was thinking that as well but ill pay more for finny-smith he should be priced around 4600 not 3800 he is averaging 28-30 mins a game and between 20-30 dk points a nice i always play him

• Youngbandit09

Mirotic or Randle ?

• dange

@Fear_The_Fro said...

Doesn’t Lebron hate Dan Gilbert? Am I off on that? He said something the other day about knowing it was over in Cleveland when they traded away Kyrie. Is he pissed he had to leave Cleveland? Will he want to stick it to Gilbert? Will kids from his school be at the game? Will he want to put on a show for them? If Lebron wants to crush, he will crush. I don’t think you can fade him completely. But I also don’t know much, so carry on.

He didn’t HAVE to leave Cleveland so he can’t be pissed about that. I have no idea how Lebron hates Gilbert other than politics because he ran the team for years, Gilbert just wrote the checks.

• wilke7425

@eleanorRigby said...

Whatever goes wrong will go wrong for both of us. Hold on for the ride. Lol

• miggs6876

@stugots219 said...

Ariza at 4,800 vs. the Bulls? He may be my value play of the night.

I agree. He can stink it up just as well. Definitely a gpp play only.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@miggs6876 said...

Why?

Cheap. He’s now starting. There is a possible revenge narrative. Has produced when he’s received minutes. With JR Smith out of the picture minutes should be secure.

Personally, I don’t mind the play. I think Hood is really intriguing for 800 more on DK as well.

• Jeddy3

Snake vs rwb stack ftw

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).