7:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 3.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -3.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 7.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -7.5 ) —- T: 222
    8:00 PM EST : Miami ( -4.5 ) at Chicago ( 4.5 ) —- T: 214.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -4.5 ) at Okla City ( 4.5 ) —- T: 212
    8:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 10 ) at Dallas ( -10 ) —- T: 221
    9:00 PM EST : Boston ( 4.5 ) at Denver ( -4.5 ) —- T: 206
    9:00 PM EST : Golden St ( 0 ) at Utah ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( 4.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -4.5 ) —- T: 227

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• jcotdl

..and i am completely shut-out tonight..

• NoLimits0

@jcotdl said...

benny anders made the mold of a hakim warrick, stromile swift etc..

I think Anders could have been what Donovan Mitchell is today.

A lot of people don’t realize Clyde wasn’t that great in college that’s why he wasn’t even a top 12 pick. The star of those teams was first Rob Williams and then it was like a combination of Clyde/Michael Young/Hakeem and no one really thought Clyde would be a NBA HOFer.

Anders was supposed to take over for Clyde when he made the NBA but it never happened. Instead Rickie Winslow was the guy who took over that spot (that’s Justise Winslows dad, I’ve met him). And then he got into a lot of legal trouble and his career was over.

He had so much raw athleticism. It’s a shame he never played in the NBA. We moved to LA 2 years after that and that’s when the Rockets became good (made the Finals when Hakeem was picked) but I don’t really associate myself as a true Rockets fan. I do watch their games though as I told Panda a few weeks ago but I always follow the Cougars.

• tmarohl

Made a profit. That is all you can ask. If Nerlens wouldn’t have been ruled out after lock, would have made more.

• superstars92

@NoLimits0 said...

Whoa how old are you? I thought you were young?

Yea that was before I was born, but I know/read/watch a lot of basketball history. It’s the only sport I do that for, so I cannot tell you anything like about MLB in the 60s/70s (except the obvious stuff like Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, etc.) but basketball is my favorite sport.

• tmarohl

@NoLimits0 said...

You guys are all older than me but I’m still probably on the slightly older side here.

I sense that most of the people on this board are between 21 – 28 or so.

• superstars92

@NoLimits: That’s right, Jim Nantz was made famous by Phi Slamma Jamma. We might not know Jim Nantz if those Houston teams didn’t make all those runs.

• NoLimits0

@tmarohl said...

I sense that most of the people on this board are between 21 – 28 or so.

No I’m 42. I was a very young kid when I watched that Houston team. I might still be a kid at heart.

• superstars92

@tmarhol: That’s pretty cool you have been watching basketball for a long time. Those Bucks teams with Moncreif were decent in the 80s right? Except no one ever talks about them, imagine if they broke through one of those years. Sidney Moncreif is one of the most underrated players in NBA history

@NoLimits: Benny Anders story is one of literally luck (like DFS). If he just reached 1 inch further in the 82 Championship game on that near steal, he goes down in history as a hero, making the championship play, and he would most likely not get into trouble and make the NBA. 1 inch defined his whole life. It’s like DFS, some people’s careers are defined by like 1-2 catches/yards, 1 birdie, etc. between 1 Million and not in DFS.

• tmarohl

My favorite Sports Illustrated Covers of all time.

https://www.google.com/search?q=high+on+the+hogs+sports+illustrated&rlz=1C1GCEV_enUS839US839&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=UKsw6OourdQmuM%253A%252Cmteg2022xLOyCM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSAQmiwVMDi41HxRafFt73jomcUAw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwim6aD62P_lAhVKd6wKHRwND2oQ9QEwAHoECAoQBg#imgrc=7jSya8Bk2KhFkM

https://www.google.com/search?q=marquette+makes+its+mark+sports+illustrated&rlz=1C1GCEV_enUS839US839&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=Y2PvkcUw9Bi82M%253A%252Ct3fHoQOUpmDUIM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSgVXHevfMteOtmeUW224X8MoOaIA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjoyOLA2f_lAhUFKKwKHVOOBmMQ9QEwBnoECAcQBg#imgrc=UmWp0xQM2aw3FM

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

@tmarhol: That’s pretty cool you have been watching basketball for a long time. Those Bucks teams with Moncreif were decent in the 80s right? Except no one ever talks about them, imagine if they broke through one of those years. Sidney Moncreif is one of the most underrated players in NBA history

@NoLimits: Benny Anders story is one of literally luck (like DFS). If he just reached 1 inch further in the 82 Championship game on that near steal, he goes down in history as a hero, making the championship play, and he would most likely not get into trouble and make the NBA. 1 inch defined his whole life. It’s like DFS, some people’s careers are defined by like 1-2 catches/yards, 1 birdie, etc. between 1 Million and not in DFS.

Bucks actually had about an 8 year run where they were like the third or fourth best team in the league year after year. That was the result of the Kareem trade to the Lakers. Ended up getting really good players with the picks they got, or flipping for others. Guys like Marques Johnson, Sidney Moncrief, Terry Cummings, Junior Bridgeman, Brian Winters, Alex English, etc. Just never good enough to get over the top.

• NoLimits0

@superstars92 said...

If you think about it sports is a lot of luck. That Ncaa championship game we would have won if (all of which involve luck)
    1 game wasn’t played in Alberqurque and was played anywhere else. The altitude made Guy Lewis sub out Hakeem to get oxygen. Hakeem had like around 20/20 that game but he easily goes for 30/30 if it wasn’t subbed out for oxygen
    2 Clyde got a BS fourth foul called on him in the first half when he was dragged to ground by Terry Gannon. That was a intentional/flagarant foul by Gannon and instead Drexler gets called for a foul
    3 Anders tips the ball just slightly differently on that last play and gets the breakaway steal and dunk to win the championship.

All these involve some degree of luck. Like a few years ago when Michigan made the championship game they beat Houston earlier in the tournament when Jordan Poole hit this game winner that I’m sure he usually doesn’t hit.

Luck defines a lot of sports not just DFS.

• Calicapo

@PDFOUR said...

Not following. Obama was born in the u.s. and Giannis was born in Greece right?

Obama is not US born.

• tmarohl

@NoLimits0 said...

If you think about it sports is a lot of luck. That Ncaa championship game we would have won if (all of which involve luck)
    1 game wasn’t played in Alberqurque and was played anywhere else. The altitude made Guy Lewis sub out Hakeem to get oxygen. Hakeem had like around 20/20 that game but he easily goes for 30/30 if it wasn’t subbed out for oxygen
    2 Clyde got a BS fourth foul called on him in the first half when he was dragged to ground by Terry Gannon. That was a intentional/flagarant foul by Gannon and instead Drexler gets called for a foul
    3 Anders tips the ball just slightly differently on that last play and gets the breakaway steal and dunk to win the championship.

All these involve some degree of luck. Like a few years ago when Michigan made the championship game they beat Houston earlier in the tournament when Jordan Poole hit this game winner that I’m sure he usually doesn’t hit.

Luck defines a lot of sports not just DFS.

Exactly. Even when MU won the championship, there was a game against North Carolina Charlotte. They had to do a full court length pass buzzer beater to advance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5u8JuNltiw

• damionismyname

@Calicapo said...

Obama is not US born.

didnt know this was a q-anon forum.

• ASalvaro

i’m 51 but NBA DFS is making me 80

• Calicapo

@damionismyname said...

Lol

• gaelicgirl

@NoLimits0 said...

I might still be a kid at heart.

I think a lot of us are still kids at heart

regardless of our ages

• ValuableTrader

Had some nice finishes in the NBA TIERS GPP’s, +3k baby.

Solid night for me. Thx for advice men.

• miggs6876

@NoLimits0 said...

No I’m 42. I was a very young kid when I watched that Houston team. I might still be a kid at heart.

I’m old 55. That explains my typos.

• PDFOUR

@Calicapo said...

Obama is not US born.

Oh yeah? Where was he born?

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@damionismyname said...

Repeat a lie long enough it becomes true…. prob not an exact quote but I believe is close to what Nazi propaganda master Goebbels said

• tmarohl

@miggs6876 said...

I’m old 55. That explains my typos.

We should have an AARP type of forum league :)

• Calicapo

@PDFOUR said...

Oh yeah? Where was he born?

I’ll I’m going to say is this; my parents were born in Mexico but I would never call Mexico my home country.

Michelle and her freudian slip here, will make you think…

https://youtu.be/VmnfWH_GMFo

But, let’s keep it basketball here. Don’t want to offend anyone.

• PDFOUR

@Calicapo said...

I’ll I’m going to say is this; my parents were born in Mexico but I would never call Mexico my home country.

Michelle and her freudian slip here, will make you think…

https://youtu.be/VmnfWH_GMFo

But, let’s keep it basketball here. Don’t want to offend anyone.

Nice try. He was born in Hawaii. No need for right wing wacko conspiracy theories.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).