7:30 PM EST : Boston ( -8 ) at Atlanta ( 8 ) —- T: 220.5
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 6.5 ) at Okla City ( -6.5 ) —- T: 227
    8:00 PM EST : Miami ( -2.5 ) at Chicago ( 2.5 ) —- T: 214
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 0 ) at Indiana ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 13.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -13.5 ) —- T: 228.5
    9:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 7.5 ) at Denver ( -7.5 ) —- T: 214.5
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 2.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -2.5 ) —- T: 219.5
    10:30 PM EST : Portland ( 0 ) at Golden St ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• kbsktbll88

@dolphinkick182 said...

I was at 183 with Conelly, Montrizzle, and Gashog left and was feeling good about it. Not so much now.

Sounds like you should still cash easily.

• TheRyanFlaherty

Seems like we’ve reached the point of the year we’re it feels like I’d do better drawing names out of a hat and that this is all random luck and bullshit.,.and either it is, or I’m just completely processing everything wrong and either way it means it’s time I should really step back and take a break.

• tmarohl

@mtdurham said...

Oh look what a surprise the Minnesota Timberwolves got better after the trade and the 76ers didnt….

now watch everyone is going to push the “chemistry” narrative…

It couldnt possibly be that Covington is an ELITE player just like all the advanced statistics suggested the last 2 years…

I think you and I are the only ones here that believe the Timberpups made out in that trade!

• dolphinkick182

@TheRyanFlaherty said...

Seems like we’ve reached the point of the year we’re it feels like I’d do better drawing names out of a hat and that this is all random luck and bullshit.,.and either it is, or I’m just completely processing everything wrong and either way it means it’s time I should really step back and take a break.

• mbunner23

@tmarohl said...

I think you and I are the only ones here that believe the Timberpups made out in that trade!

That’s not what people are disagreeing with him about…

• ASitar

@DfsBopBooth said...

Burke is gonna run into Jrue defense. Im gonna fade Burke and go all in on THJ

He put up 30 DK points against them a week ago. I’ll take 7x with the upside of 9x.

• Benf15harp

@ASitar said...

It’s way too hard not to use Burke and Vonleh on DK, but I’m moving off of THJ down to Klay. Dame and Klay put on a show tonight. 40 real points each.

Disappointment is the only way that ends lol

• mtdurham

@Dmo_Htx said...

Yeah… No. Covington is a classic elite 3 n D player and thats it. Plenty od those guys in the league

Right and elite 3&D player is obviously an elite player, period.

That’s like saying Mark McGwire was an elite “power hitter”

or Lawrence Taylor was an elite “pass rusher”

or Tom Brady is an elite “passer”

then saying they weren’t great at some trivial aspect of the game so they aren’t elite.

• cdaus8989

Trey Burke has had me stumped all day

• monarch

@ASitar said...

He put up 30 DK points against them a week ago. I’ll take 7x with the upside of 9x.

Devils advocate but 30 DK with 40 percent ownership is a losing bet on GPP 12 game slate. He needs to go higher

• Benf15harp

@tmarohl said...

Lol

• dolphinkick182

Wilson at $3800 playing 30 minutes a game? I’ll take that!

• mtdurham

@kbsktbll88 said...

Game stacking is not a good strategy, don’t listen to him. Only about 4% of games every season actually go to OT. It’s a terrible strategy to stack and hope for OT every night because it’s literally going to fail 95%+ of the time. And that’s even if you get lucky enough to stack the correct game. The odds of not only stacking the correct game and getting OT and stacking the correct players from the game on top of having the other right players around them from other games is extremely low.

Really bad understanding of math in this post….

Game stacking on a monstrous slate is excellent strategy.

If something succeeds 5% of the time in GPP then it’s amazing strategy. We are trying to win tournaments not mincash.

• kbsktbll88

@monarch said...

Devils advocate but 30 DK with 40 percent ownership is a losing bet on GPP 12 game slate. He needs to go higher

40% seems high. I think more like 30%. FantasyLabs has him projected at 21-25% fwiw.

• mtdurham

@mbunner23 said...

I don’t rely on anything but my eyes to tell me who’s good and who’s not.

I think we identified your problem. You’re competing against computers and you’re not a computer.

You don’t understand ridge regression and you’re probably never going to so its easier for you to think you’re an expert because you watch 45 NBA possessions 3 nights a week.

• Benf15harp

So now roco is a living legend?

• kbsktbll88

@mtdurham said...

Really bad understanding of math in this post….

Game stacking on a monstrous slate is excellent strategy.

If something succeeds 5% of the time in GPP then it’s amazing strategy. We are trying to win tournaments not mincash.

Clearly you have the bad understanding of math if you think the strategy works 5% of the time.

edit: never mind, just realized who I was responding to.

• Cdmjlt369

At burkes price point, who has more upside?

• mtdurham

@Benf15harp said...

13/5/2/2/1 career is not elite
    13 career per is not elite
    This season his ewa is worse than Emmanuel mudiay that’s definitely not elite

lol….. imagine using PER in an argument in 2018. An ESPN gimmick statistic that was widely discredited by everyone in the analytics community about a week after it came out in 2005 or so…

• noddy

I never said I was banking on OT. I had 5 players from the NO-NY game in my lineup and asked if that was too many.

• Kanner88

Thad young or Marcus Morris , leaning towards young IF Sabonis and Turner are out … any new news ???

• tmarohl

@Benf15harp said...

Lol

Butler isn’t as good as you guys think. Timberwolves increased their depth and got rid of a guy that was a team cancer. Philly on the other hand, while they got a good player in Butler, decreased their depth, and will now stunt the growth of Simmons.

• dramos77

Tonight’s projections – will be out shopping so may not get updated before lock – https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b5KnkMiIIGCi8hdgl2SVm-NMEguWnREOQ7Ym11Lqk_M/edit#gid=214179671

• mtdurham

@Joeyrockland1 said...

Mudiay is a roll player , I think think he is a lazy defender , always drives to basket with a forearm out . I don’t like him at all

Mudiay has consistently been one of the worst 5-10 players in the league. In fact he’s been ranked dead last before.

You can’t find a worse player than Mudiay.. Point guards with league leading turnover rates who are a trainwreck on defense aren’t good. Who knew?

• Benf15harp

@mtdurham said...

lol….. imagine using PER in an argument in 2018. An ESPN gimmick statistic that was widely discredited by everyone in the analytics community about a week after it came out in 2005 or so…

At least you don’t have to Imagine being a peasant

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).