7:30 PM EST : Boston ( -8 ) at Atlanta ( 8 ) —- T: 220.5
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 6.5 ) at Okla City ( -6.5 ) —- T: 227
    8:00 PM EST : Miami ( -2.5 ) at Chicago ( 2.5 ) —- T: 214
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 0 ) at Indiana ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 13.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -13.5 ) —- T: 228.5
    9:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 7.5 ) at Denver ( -7.5 ) —- T: 214.5
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 2.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -2.5 ) —- T: 219.5
    10:30 PM EST : Portland ( 0 ) at Golden St ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• kbsktbll88

@mtdurham said...

You’re completely out of your league on this one. if you can even remotely explain an intelligible argument as to why gamestacking isn’t a good strategy on a 12 game slate I’ll crown you NBA forum Guru of the Week…

Oh no, I’m going to miss out on MTdumbdumb’s imaginary award. How can I pass up the opportunity to waste my time explaining it some clueless fish now??

• mtdurham

@mambaland said...

over time is not that big a bonus..its not college football..how often do overtimes become a sloppy low scoring 5 minutes…and it could be the lowest total on the slate that night..

This couldn’t be further from the truth. GPP’s are won on the margins…. one extra rebound can be a $40,000 swing in your run of the mill $10 Draftkings GPP

Overtime is incredibly important. If you have 4 guys in a game that goes to OT and they put up a combined 20 FPS and you go from winning $75 to $25,000 during that period, is that not slightly more significant than the dumb stuff people spaz out about around here like a player picking up his 3rd foul 45 seconds before halftime on a lineup they have where they are about to score 260 and miss the cash line by 40 points?

• noddy

@Ace15 said...

Tired of my jaw dropping looking at their scores every night

this is our night buddy…I have never been more confident in my lineup…good luck Ace!!!!!!!!!!!

• colb24

I’ll give Covington 40

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSzp3G5rwP9xgCgluVGmR3Qj4-BMoGSYiuTKM6o_pzES6s95oQE1nQvB2CXed-4fRc_MMGgpULtDaJ_/pubhtml?gid=1825430955&single=true

This is what MtDurham basis everything off of. RAPM. It’s the only thing that matters. Yes He’ll also tell you Royce O’Neal is the 12th best player in the entire NBA.

• Calicapo

@superjon said...

In case you guys missed it, everyone on the Lakers wants Lonzo to be more aggressive. I need to put him in a few.

He can’t shoot though

• Dmo_Htx

@Pandamonious said...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSzp3G5rwP9xgCgluVGmR3Qj4-BMoGSYiuTKM6o_pzES6s95oQE1nQvB2CXed-4fRc_MMGgpULtDaJ_/pubhtml?gid=1825430955&single=true

This is what MtDurham basis everything off of. RAPM. It’s the only thing that matters. Yes He’ll also tell you Royce O’Neal is the 12th best player in the entire NBA.

For real. Using baseless freaking numbers to try to prove a point.

• Kanner88

@miggs6876 said...

I think a sneaky play is Gobert. Only 7.9 k on FD. LAL have been poor vs C all year.

Shhhhhhhhhh ……. he’s going 7x 🤫

• dolphinkick182

@noddy said...

this is our night buddy…I have never been more confident in my lineup…good luck Ace!!!!!!!!!!!

TONIGHT is your night! I hope you win it!!!

• Benf15harp

@Pandamonious said...

Yogi Ferrell > LeBron James lmao I’m dead.

• DfsBopBooth

Anybody punting Center with

• osuryanf

Jesus Christ, I log on to check some posts and see mtdurham is wasting yet another thread with his Covington nonsense. Dead serious, if this guy isn’t banned soon or RG doesn’t add the option to ignore posters, I really think I’m done with the forum. Too much nonsense for me.

• mtdurham

@mambaland said...

they do not make many GPP that high…

Let’s call the NBA season 175 days. $10 per day to play the main event on DK. Let’s say you play for 3 years.

Thats 525 days or $5,250 of investment….

If you win the main event it pays $50,000-$100,000 each night.

So you’ll come out ahead if you win 1 GPP every 3 years by about $45-$95k…. even if you don’t min cash a single entry during the first 2.99 years.

So if you think gamestacking a 12 game slate is bad strategy, good luck min cashing.

If you finish in the top 75% you typically get 1.5x your investment…. so if you were the biggest bad dude on earth and could mincash 50% of the time… you’d have an ROI of NEGATIVE 25 Percent … or well over $1,000….

If you can’t comprehend what I’m saying here, DFS is not for you…

• Tajtrivedi

Mtdurham-you make this forum worse. You waste time and space arguing nonsense. Please stop showing your work on the chalkboard and keep it on tonights slate. Holy shit

• dolphinkick182

@Pandamonious said...

LMFAO. Here comes his argument! But really, with all of his analytical skills he wants to project on others, how doesn’t he see his own results? Then talk down to people about pissing away money? I just don’t know. But yes, he can be entertaining in the forum.

• KindGuy

@mambaland said...

over time is not that big a bonus..its not college football..how often do overtimes become a sloppy low scoring 5 minutes…and it could be the lowest total on the slate that night..

That is just not true. If there’s ONE sport in DFS, in which OT/Extra time shouldnt be counted it’s clearly NBA. That’s 5 extra minutes of production. That’s almost half a quarter! Let’s say the league average pace is 100 (its most likely faster than that). That’s 10.41666666666667 extra possession each team gets. Double that to get the total number of possessions for each team and that’s about 21 extra possessions a lucky game stacked gets to accrue fantasy points. In those extra 21 possessions, you get a bunch of rebounds, assists. This isn’t like baseball, where extra innings doesn’t help much. Let’s say the league average fantasy points per minute is .85. Someone game stacks an OT game and plays 6 players from that game. That’s 6 × 5 x .85 = 25.5 extra DK Pts.

#AbolishOT

• Benf15harp

@Tajtrivedi said...

Mtdurham-you make this forum worse. You waste time and space arguing nonsense. Please stop showing your work on the chalkboard and keep it on tonights slate. Holy shit

• ScofieldReturns

anyone think wade’s minutes go up? he’s already played one, they are thin and he’s going up against his hometown (and former) team

• cjs5555

@tmarohl said...

Butler isn’t as good as you guys think. Timberwolves increased their depth and got rid of a guy that was a team cancer. Philly on the other hand, while they got a good player in Butler, decreased their depth, and will now stunt the growth of Simmons.

taking away the question of who “won” the trade….isn’t it possible that both teams did? MIN gets rid of a player who didn’t want to be there and was holding the rest of the team hostage on a nightly basis… They replace him with a couple guys who are excellent at the roles they play and complement the other MIN players (KAT and AW) who need to emerge.

• kbsktbll88

@mtdurham said...

Let’s call the NBA season 175 days. $10 per day to play the main event on DK. Let’s say you play for 3 years.

Thats 525 days or $5,250 of investment….

If you win the main event it pays $50,000-$100,000 each night.

So you’ll come out ahead if you win 1 GPP every 3 years by about $45-$95k…. even if you don’t min cash a single entry during the first 2.99 years.

So if you think gamestacking a 12 game slate is bad strategy, good luck min cashing.

If you finish in the top 75% you typically get 1.5x your investment…. so if you were the biggest bad dude on earth and could mincash 50% of the time… you’d have an ROI of NEGATIVE 25 Percent … or well over $1,000….

If you can’t comprehend what I’m saying here, DFS is not for you…

Let’s call the year 365 days. 2 Mega Millions draws every week. $2 to play the Mega Millions. Let’s say you play for 3 years.

That’s 312 days or $624 of investment….

If you win the mega millions it pays $1,000,000 – $100,000,000 each night… even if you don’t break even on a single ticket during the first 2.99 years.

So if you think playing the mega millions every week is a bad strategy, good luck min cashing.

If you can’t comprehend what I’m saying here, the lottery is not for you…

- MTdurham

• ASitar

James over AD? I think James put up 20 more DK points than AD and is $600 less.

• cjs5555

and conley fouls out on a charge.

• DirkDigglerz

Markieff Morris looks blowout proof today…. sneaky meat

• draggin49

Ok, we are on page 15 with a little over an hour before lock. Can we stop talking about fuckin Covington and OT ???

• dolphinkick182

@ScofieldReturns said...

anyone think wade’s minutes go up? he’s already played one, they are thin and he’s going up against his hometown (and former) team

Man I want to believe it but I just don’t think so. His mind is clearly elsewhere atm. I went full fade. Which might mean you should go 100%, cuz a full fade from me= a 50 burger for them lol.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).