7:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 8 ) at Indiana ( -8 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Toronto ( -7.5 ) at Atlanta ( 7.5 ) —- T: 224.5
    7:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -2 ) at New York ( 2 ) —- T: 218
    7:30 PM EST : Miami ( 4 ) at Philadelphia ( -4 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -7.5 ) at Memphis ( 7.5 ) —- T: 221
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( -4.5 ) at Cleveland ( 4.5 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 12 ) at Milwaukee ( -12 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 8 ) at Utah ( -8 ) —- T: 222.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• BigSeph

@moped_jones said...

He’s averaging 12.6 pts and 9.8 rebs a game. A double double is pretty much the norm for him.

He’s had a double-double in 9 out of 16 games this year.

Is a shade over 50% of the time considered “the norm?”

• superjon

@NoLimits0 said...

Do you play FD or DK? You absolutely should have had some lineups with Bradley on DK with late swap. You put him in at lock time and you can always swap him out with later news.

It’s the same reason I have some Pistons in there because it’s good if news is good for them, if now it’s late swap. But if you don’t have them in initially your others locked players prevent them from putting them in later.

DK with late swap makes a little sense.

I’m not saying you can’t play him. I’m just disagreeing with you saying you should have a ton of him.

• NoLimits0

@superjon said...

I’m not saying you can’t play him. I’m just disagreeing with you saying you should have a ton of him.

The thing is no matter how much you have of him, you can always swap him out.

For example I see 13% of players in the Spin Move have that Wesley Iwundu I talked about earlier at 3k.

They would all have been better served off if they wanted to win a GPP to have all of that be 3k Tony Bradley.

It doesn’t matter if Bradley or Iwundu is even better, it’s clear Bradley would have far more upside if Gobert is out. If he’s in, just change your lineups with late swap.

Instead by playing Iwundu you basically need to hope for a career game for a guy averaging 0.6 FP/min.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

@superjon said...

I have 40 percent of him on FD over about 100 lineups. I think it’s absolutely the right move given the current information we have.

• choppadown

I don’t feel the instant regret that I felt last night, so maybe tonight we cash?

• Isolitary18

ingles or bruce brown jr?

• JustDFSin

@captainwacky said...

I have 40 percent of him on FD over about 100 lineups. I think it’s absolutely the right move given the current information we have.

You are correctIts the right move. On fd he is the bare minimum. Even if he busts at minimum price he wont destroy your lu’s. Some of todays anaylysis has been the worse ive seen this year on this board.

• NoLimits0

Rofl!

Click on the 100 dollar double up on DK and check out all the guys with 9.25 FPs so far. Most of them have the same identical next 3 players: VanVleet Bembry and Randle.

So far TJ, VanVleet, Bembry, Randle. That’s literally the optimal build from the thing i talked about earlier captainwacky. If you don’t believe me click on it and you tell me an explanation how come all of those guys have exact same lineup, which matches the optimal build.

• mbunner23

TJ is in my lineup. Great cash play

• eleanorRigby

McConnell is going for 10X tonight

• NoLimits0

@Pandamonious said...

I’ll take the under.

It really just shows everyone’s using the same optimizer was my point. Otherwise there’s no justification for him being 30% owned in double ups.

The 100 dollar double up has so many teams with so far TJ, VanVleet, Bembry, Randle and no one else locked (it’ll have guys like Drummond later). Depending on Bradley news some may swap to a different lineup.

• mbunner23

@NoLimits0 said...

It really just shows everyone’s using the same optimizer was my point. Otherwise there’s no justification for him being 30% owned in double ups.

The 100 dollar double up has so many teams with so far TJ, VanVleet, Bembry, Randle and no one else locked (it’ll have guys like Drummond later). Depending on Bradley news some may swap to a different lineup.

Not that many people are using an optimizer. Cash games are going to have a lot of lineups that look similar.

• sasmallen

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #26

RG Tiered Ranking

I have 3 of those 4. Made my cash lineup by hand (like I always do).

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

@NoLimits0 said...

Rofl!

Click on the 100 dollar double up on DK and check out all the guys with 9.25 FPs so far. Most of them have the same identical next 3 players: VanVleet Bembry and Randle.

So far TJ, VanVleet, Bembry, Randle. That’s literally the optimal build from the thing i talked about earlier captainwacky. If you don’t believe me click on it and you tell me an explanation how come all of those guys have exact same lineup, which matches the optimal build.

I don’t get what your point is. What if everyone’s baseline projections are similar, and for a quick decision like double ups, those are actually the statistically optimal plays? Like, I believe you that these guys use optimizers. What I don’t believe is that you have a full picture of how they operate on a day-to-day basis, what their portfolios look like and how they make decisions. Without trying to sound like an ass here, if you had a full understanding of that, you’d probably be able to crush at DFS also. I don’t have the technical prowess that most of these dudes do either, I’m just comfortable admitting it.

• damionismyname

@eleanorRigby said...

McConnell is going for 10X tonight

lots of McConnell on DK but on FD I went with Holiday because they were withing $100. Should have done a few McConnell though.

• dragon1952

Liking my McConnell/Bamba LU so far. Now I just need Gobert to be scratched for my Bradley reach.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@NoLimits0 said...

No I know. McConnell wasn’t a bad play, great for cash, OK for GPP, but you’re right. He’ll get spit out by every optimizer. So will FVV and Bembry.

This is what LineupHQ spits out and I believe it’s OK to post it since most of it’s locked at this point. If anything it could sell you on lineupHQ since it mirrors what the pros are doing.

McConnell, FVV, Bembry, Randle, Thompson, Lillard, Nance, Drummond

• Isolitary18

@Isolitary18 said...

ingles or bruce brown jr?

anyone?

• NoLimits0

@Pandamonious said...

No I know. McConnell wasn’t a bad play, great for cash, OK for GPP, but you’re right. He’ll get spit out by every optimizer. So will FVV and Bembry.

This is what LineupHQ spits out and I believe it’s OK to post it since most of it’s locked at this point. If anything it could sell you on lineupHQ since it mirrors what the pros are doing.

PG
    T.J. McConnell 11/23 7:00 PM

SG
    Fred VanVleet 11/23 7:30 PM

SF
    DeAndre Bembry 11/23 7:30 PM

PF
    Julius Randle 11/23 7:30 PM

C
    Tristan Thompson 11/23 8:00 PM

G
    Damian Lillard 11/23 8:00 PM

F
    Larry Nance Jr. 11/23 8:00 PM

Andre Drummond 11/23 8:30 PM

Bingo! And that’s what they have (some might change it later for Tony Bradley, at least the really good pros). Some of those guys haven’t even appeared yet.

That’s what I’m trying to tell captainwacky. They literally take the #1 optimal lineup.

I think a huge key he is missing is youdacao, Awesemo, the brothers don’t have that lineup. If it was truly the best statistical play, they would all have it to but they don’t. Youdacao doesn’t have McConnell for example.

• dragon1952

@Isolitary18 said...

anyone?

Brown.

• NoLimits0

@sasmallen said...

I have 3 of those 4. Made my cash lineup by hand (like I always do).

You don’t get it. They have ALL 4. They have the exact same lineup. It’s easy to have some of them. Like my cash lineup has Nance, Bembry, Drummond but it doesn’t have all 8 every single night.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #65

RG Tiered Ranking

@Isolitary18 said...

anyone?

I have a bunch of Brown and zero Ingles

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

I get what you’re saying. I believe that probably happens. There’s probably just missing pieces to the equation of their success that you’re not identifying. If you don’t believe they’re successful, that’s another story.

• efagan99

@Isolitary18 said...

anyone?

I like brown better I think. Should be a pace up game and he’s been doing well lately. Jingles hasn’t been doing jack lately. Although if gobert is out he might take a few extra shots and in the past his ceiling has been 40+

• NoLimits0

@mbunner23 said...

Not that many people are using an optimizer. Cash games are going to have a lot of lineups that look similar.

Yea but not all 8. The ones with all 8 are using an optimizer. Anyone can tell you that Drummond and Bembry were locks. But to have TJ with Randle both? Not anyone can tell you that combination and it’s exactly duplicated by like everyone in the field that has the “optimal lineup”

I know now why both TJ and Randle are both like 30% owned. Pretty much everyone with TJ has Randle.

It’s ok to have many similar plays everyone knows Bembry and Drummond were locks. Did anyone know that TJ and Randle both were and both on the same lineup? The people with all 4 and probably all 8 later used an optimizer. It’s so obvious.

Again many top pros who do their own things don’t. But the ones below them do as well as a lot of casuals I’ve never heard of because you literally take the optimal lineup.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler