7:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 8 ) at Indiana ( -8 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Toronto ( -7.5 ) at Atlanta ( 7.5 ) —- T: 224.5
    7:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -2 ) at New York ( 2 ) —- T: 218
    7:30 PM EST : Miami ( 4 ) at Philadelphia ( -4 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -7.5 ) at Memphis ( 7.5 ) —- T: 221
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( -4.5 ) at Cleveland ( 4.5 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 12 ) at Milwaukee ( -12 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 8 ) at Utah ( -8 ) —- T: 222.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• NoLimits0

Everyone optimizers are a real thing is my point.

Don’t blindly use it. But use it to help you. Use it to know what others have. Use it if you actually think it spits out the best lineup.

You guys all can get mad at my posts but I’m just trying to help the forum members here. You guys as good people are way better than any pro. I hope you all win something big one day.

• NoLimits0

@Pandamonious said...

Gobert out. Bradley starting

Yep this is why you go heavy in Bradley in GPPs at 7. It doesn’t matter if he’s starting or not it’s the cost for upside. You don’t care about finishing last. No other 3k player has Bradley upside. Ok fine TJ tonight but whenelse right? If you knew Gobert was out, no optimizer chooses TJ.

• superstars92

@NoLimits0 said...

Yep this is why you go heavy in Bradley in GPPs at 7. It doesn’t matter if he’s starting or not it’s the cost for upside. You don’t care about finishing last. No other 3k player has Bradley upside. Ok fine TJ tonight but whenelse right? If you knew Gobert was out, no optimizer chooses TJ.

Lol don’t talk to me about McConnell. He’s going to see like around 23 mins or so and have a career game coming off of an injury vs. the slow pace Magic, and so many people have him so I won’t cash.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@NoLimits0 said...

What if Gobert plays and then you have very little lineup flexibility left? Then you are putting in two sub-optimal plays just because you “saved” yourself for Bradley. Maybe it’s worth the risk in a few lineups if multi-entering a GPP, but otherwise doesn’t seem sensible.

• superstars92

I actually have Markelle Fultz in my GPPs when he’s 2% owned. He’s at least kind of helping me.

• Kp24

This Darius Garland experiment is not fun so far

• NoLimits0

@Kp24 said...

This Darius Garland experiment is not fun so far

I explained this earlier in the thread. Tried to warn people. Optimizers are right in Garland but logic would have told you too.

He literally has 0% chance to ever be in a GPP winning lineup.

• DirkDigglerz

Optimizers are tools if you ain’t armed you will be left behind

• Kp24

@NoLimits0 said...

I explained this earlier in the thread. Tried to warn people. Optimizers are right in Garland but logic would have told you too.

Yeah I should have listened. He fit so nicely with my build. Ugh

• NoLimits0

@Zieg30 said...

What if Gobert plays and then you have very little lineup flexibility left? Then you are putting in two sub-optimal plays just because you “saved” yourself for Bradley. Maybe it’s worth the risk in a few lineups if multi-entering a GPP, but otherwise doesn’t seem sensible.

I explained this earlier too

Think about it at 3k. 13% of people in the Spin Move played Iwundu. All 13% would have been better served off playing Bradley at same price. In GPPs you don’t care about last or min cashing.

Iwundu like Garland has absolutely no upside. Bradley has a lot of downside when Gobert starts but a TON of upside it’s worth it in GPPs.

Also the gobert not on floor news came out 825ish. At that time you can still swap around a few players in bucks Pistons game if need be.

• NoLimits0

Like I said earlier even if Bradley does worse than Iwundu, I think the process of picking Bradley is a much better GPP winning strategy than picking Iwundu.

I didn’t offer much basketball this forum mostly tried to explain what I was seeing with optimizers, but I did early on in the day say not to play Garland, Iwundu, and I wasn’t super high on any Magic although a few are decent so I was slightly wrong there (like on Bamba).

• dragon1952

@DirkDigglerz said...

Optimizers are tools if you ain’t armed you will be left behind

Anyone that knows their sport well enough can make a decent LU without an optimizer. The optimizers just save time for the guys with the bankrolls to throw out hundreds of LU’s with every variable covered.
    EDIT: And, I should add, with some basic computer research skills.

• sasmallen

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #88

RG Tiered Ranking

McConnell was avg close to 23 min/gm in the 4 games before his injury.

• superstars92

@dragon1952 said...

Anyone that knows their sport well enough can make a decent LU without an optimizer. The optimizers just save time for the guys with the bankrolls to throw out hundreds of LU’s with every variable covered.

The optimizer is much smarter than someone making a lineup by hand. The optimizer can comb through millions of possiblities but a human brain cannot.

• superstars92

@dragon1952 said...

Double post sorry.

I’ll just post something else

@NoLimits: I think an argument for picking Bradley is when you know everyone else has like Thompson and you need to increase variance if you are behind

@Sasmallen: I disagree on McConnell. 23 mins for McConnell vs. Magic does not make him a great choice imo. That’s like maybe 18 FPs for him, but I guess I was proven wrong. However, I don’t think he’s as highly owned if RG doesn’t project him so high.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

Bradley is 5% on DK, and 1.6% on FD

• dragon1952

@superstars92 said...

The optimizer is much smarter than someone making a lineup by hand. The optimizer can comb through millions of possiblities but a human brain cannot.

nm

• superstars92

@theIrrigator said...

I have 100% of him lol. I basically changed everything to Giannis/Bradley. So I need Giannis to come through too.

I’m done in cash though even unless Bradley puts up 40 FPs because Tristan/Nance haven’t falled and tripped over each other yet.

• superstars92

@dragon1952 said...

Which isn’t all that useful unless you can bankroll hundreds of LU’s.

I thought his/Panda’s point was it’s being used in cash lineups. Like the #1 of all those millions of possiblities you can have is the one being chosen in cash.

• superjon

@theIrrigator said...

Jeff Green 0.8% on FD

• dragon1952

@superstars92 said...

I thought his/Panda’s point was it’s being used in cash lineups. Like the #1 of all those millions of possiblities you can have is the one being chosen in cash.

OK….well it’s possible that flew over my head. You know beer + weed = ?

• yisman

just noting that the Gobert news didn’t move the line when he was officially ruled out

the markets didn’t expect him to play anyway

• sasmallen

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #88

RG Tiered Ranking

20 DK pts for McConnell is 6x. I would’ve taken 18 tonight at $3.3k. He’s also over 1 DK pt/min this year. I use FL to manage my entries, and they had him proj for ~15 points and 16 min. I didn’t buy it… that’s why I used him in my cash lineup.

• depalma13

@NoLimits0 said...

Except, he could have been in one last night.

• dragon1952

Grizzlies up by 8 at HT over the Lakers….ha ha!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).