7:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 8 ) at Indiana ( -8 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Toronto ( -7.5 ) at Atlanta ( 7.5 ) —- T: 224.5
    7:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -2 ) at New York ( 2 ) —- T: 218
    7:30 PM EST : Miami ( 4 ) at Philadelphia ( -4 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -7.5 ) at Memphis ( 7.5 ) —- T: 221
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( -4.5 ) at Cleveland ( 4.5 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 12 ) at Milwaukee ( -12 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 8 ) at Utah ( -8 ) —- T: 222.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• queensfinest

lillard gtd. said his back is still tightening up. seems unlikely he plays

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Don’t have many. I assume everyone plays. They most likely suffer a bit of a letdown between last nights win and facing the vastly superior Bucks. If you want to go with the blowout angle and play Wood I think that’s acceptable. Drum’s history against the Bucks, especially since they got BroLo is pretty mediocre.

I’m not playing the blowout angle. The Bucks have not been blowing anyone out. They get leads of 12-14 and let the other team back in. Another thing in Detroit’s favor is my wife is going to the game with me. She rarely sees a Buck’s victory as they tend to lose when she goes. With that said, she did witness a victory against Detroit in the playoffs. I would also think just by very human nature seeing how they decimated Detroit in the playoffs last year that they don’t come out with the intensity they need to beat Detroit. If this was football I would call it a trap game.

Also, this feels like a Bucks practice from last season minus Blake and Drummond. There are so many ex Bucks on Detroit. They know each other well. Snell, Thon, Wood, Frazier. Wood and Thon especially – Giannis considers both of them his little brothers. Wood is the kind of guy that plays with a chip on his shoulder and likes to prove his doubters wrong. I am looking for a huge game from Wood.

Last note, if Detroit was smart, Wood should be in the starting lineup. Lineup should be Drummond at C, Blake and Wood at F, whomever your point guard is, and Kennard in the back court.

• Bodiaz36

Damn, forgot about Aminu too. He should be an excellent play tonight per dollar

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Way2fast23 said...

Aminu at the same price on FD might be a good pivot

Why pivot from the chalk when the chalk is smashing?

Maybe I’ve grown a little bitter this season, but I’ve cost myself more money this season by trying to pivot from the chalk when the obvious has been the right play.

• Way2fast23

So have I…and I really love Skal at 4200 now that Whiteside is out. Do you think the return of Lillard and Tristan and Love down low affects Skals upside?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

I am looking for a huge game from Wood.

Last note, if Detroit was smart, Wood should be in the starting lineup. Lineup should be Drummond at C, Blake and Wood at F, whomever your point guard is, and Kennard in the back court.

The problem with Wood is he’s not even really in the rotation. He’s just getting blowout run.

• monarch

Birch feels like good chalk

• Bodiaz36

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Skal won’t be getting 50+ fpts tonight. With that said, he’s still an excellent play. You can easily pair him with Birch or Aminu at PF (on FD) and pay up at C..aEmbiid or Drum

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

Birch feels like good chalk

Because…?

• JustDFSin

@monarch said...

I’ll probably go back to Biyombo if obvious value doesn’t open up. May play him regardless

Are you playing on fd or dk?

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Because…?

He has to play. There isnt an alternative for the Magic in the front court. Sort of like the GSW situation last night

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

The problem with Wood is he’s not even really in the rotation. He’s just getting blowout run.

I know, but he should be starting, because he is your third best front court player.

• JustDFSin

@Pandamonious said...

Because…?

Im confused at some of these takes i see regulars are making. Its almost as if they see a injury replacement is starting and now he is chalk. If he was minimum priced i could see it but 5700 on FD? I dont get it

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

He has to play. There isnt an alternative for the Magic in the front court. Sort of like the GSW situation last night

Yeah, but Spellman and Chriss still failed, because they’re Spellman and Chriss.

Birch has played high minutes before and done nothing with them. I agree, he probably plays 30 minutes. He probably doesn’t suck. He just most likely gets 20-30, with closer to 20 most likely.

• tmarohl

@Bodiaz36 said...

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Skal won’t be getting 50+ fpts tonight. With that said, he’s still an excellent play. You can easily pair him with Birch or Aminu at PF (on FD) and pay up at C..aEmbiid or Drum

I’m not playing Drummond. He has not been historically able to pay off that price tag against the Bucks, and there is a pretty good sample size to look at. Can he smash? Yes, but history says he wont. On FD, I would rather play Rudy for the late night hammer at 1.3K cheaper. with that said, $8,300 on DK is something I might have to put in a lineup or two.

• monarch

Build out a case for Birch for me where he plays on the low end of 20 minutes. Where does the minutes go at the four and five?

• monarch

@JustDFSin said...

Im confused at some of these takes i see regulars are making. Its almost as if they see a injury replacement is starting and now he is chalk. If he was minimum priced i could see it but 5700 on FD? I dont get it

I don’t play FD. He is 4300 on DK with a great shot at 28+ minutes

• monarch

Panda….Spellman was 6.8x last night. That’s not failing

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

Build out a case for Birch for me where he plays on the low end of 20 minutes. Where does the minutes go at the four and five?

Foul trouble against Sabonis and Turner, and he is still Khem Birch.

• JustDFSin

@monarch said...

They are going to use a combination of Birch, mo bamba, aminu and probably Amile jefferson if he is active

• monarch

@tmarohl said...

Foul trouble against Sabonis and Turner, and he is still Khem Birch.

That’s kind of a copout because that applies to every player in the NBA but still. Where do the minutes go. We have 96 minutes to account for at the 4/5

• tmarohl

@Way2fast23 said...

So have I…and I really love Skal at 4200 now that Whiteside is out. Do you think the return of Lillard and Tristan and Love down low affects Skals upside?

He will be able to pay off that salary, with plenty of room for upside.

• monarch

@JustDFSin said...

They are going to use a combination of Birch, mo bamba, aminu and probably Amile jefferson if he is active

We need to assign minutes projections

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

That’s kind of a copout because that applies to every player in the NBA but still. Where do the minutes go. We have 96 minutes to account for at the 4/5

Haven’t looked at DK yet, but I wouldn’t play Khem Birch at $5,700 on FD if he was guaranteed 48 minutes.

• Way2fast23

@tmarohl said...

He will be able to pay off that salary, with plenty of room for upside.

Thanks! Think Im just gonna lock in Skal and Aminu on FD like someone just said and move on

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler