7:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 8 ) at Indiana ( -8 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Toronto ( -7.5 ) at Atlanta ( 7.5 ) —- T: 224.5
    7:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -2 ) at New York ( 2 ) —- T: 218
    7:30 PM EST : Miami ( 4 ) at Philadelphia ( -4 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -7.5 ) at Memphis ( 7.5 ) —- T: 221
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( -4.5 ) at Cleveland ( 4.5 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 12 ) at Milwaukee ( -12 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 8 ) at Utah ( -8 ) —- T: 222.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Irisheric777

yeah spellman went off

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Panda….Spellman was 6.8x last night. That’s not failing

Ok, he didn’t fail, but you and I know that getting 6.8x from a 4K player isn’t usually good enough for a large field GPP and not something you would actively target.

• queensfinest

wood or bamba?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

@Irisheric777 said...

yeah spellman went off

You didn’t finish your sentence..

• Bodiaz36

The front court strategy is an intriguing one, and maybe what separates the great lineups from the ok ones. While most may pay down at PF on FD and pay up at C, I think there’s certainly merit in paying up at PF (Ex…Sabonis and Randle) and paying down at C (Bamba, McGee, or even Len). Either strategy could work, depending on the rest of your roster build

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

Ah,I get it, those satisfied with Spellman weren’t on DK.

• superjon

@tmarohl said...

Haven’t looked at DK yet, but I wouldn’t play Khem Birch at $5,700 on FD if he was guaranteed 48 minutes.

I agree. Everyone in the Magic is too expensive on FD except biyombo and amino and I think there are better options

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Ah,I get it, those satisfied with Spellman weren’t on DK.

I played him and Bowman on the three game late slate. They were optimal plays in that format.

But I agree. You can absorb one play like that but its tougher if you are forced to rely on multiple unless you are really jamming it in and I might be doing that tonight. It’s a Saturday, the target score is probably lower anyways.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

I’m not playing the blowout angle. The Bucks have not been blowing anyone out.

Would you play Giannis for $12.9k on the FD after hours slate? NO/UTA is the other game.

• JSteele

Khem birch is a great PPM player and very active on the glass and in the paint. Last I heard Mo Bamba wasn’t playing much minutes so I think you can safely project Birch for 28 minutes and possibly more with the need play both PF and Center

• tmarohl

I’m not much interested in that Orlando vs Indiana game other than a few pieces. It is the lowest paced game on the board. Orlando only projected for 97 points. I will take the Holiday Free Square at PG on FD. I have virtually no interest in any of the remaining big guys on Orlando. I think that game goes small and guys like Isaac, Fournier, Ross, Augustin, Fultz, Iwundu see the majority of the minutes. In other words, I think they are going to play a lot of guards and wings.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

@JSteele said...

Khem birch is a great PPM player and very active on the glass and in the paint. Last I heard Mo Bamba wasn’t playing much minutes so I think you can safely project Birch for 28 minutes and possibly more with the need play both PF and Center

No way. No, he’s not a great PPM play. Never.

This season he’s played 65 minutes and gotten 35 FP’s.

This is what he’s done when he’s gotten more than 24 minutes

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=how+many+dk+points+has+khem+birch+averaged+when+getting+more+than+24+minutes+in+khem+birch%27s+career+with+game+logs

• JSteele

@Pandamonious said...

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=how+many+dk+points+has+khem+birch+averaged+when+getting+more+than+24+minutes+in+khem+birch%27s+career+with+game+logs

My bad. I always though he would put up nice stat lines in limited minutes. I guess he sucks when he starts. It might be different though because their starting lineup is their bench pretty much

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

I do think you can easily play Birch on Yahoo or something where’s $10. Even there there’s probably better cheap plays. Ross is $10 too

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Would you play Giannis for $12.9k on the FD after hours slate? NO/UTA is the other game.

I think you almost have to in a two game slate, even at that price.

• tmarohl

@superjon said...

I agree. Everyone in the Magic is too expensive on FD except biyombo and amino and I think there are better options

Biyombo is a Hornet

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

@JSteele said...

My bad. I always though he would put up nice stat lines in limited minutes. I guess he sucks when he starts. It might be different though because their starting lineup is their bench pretty much

Yeah, I mean that’s a small sample too.

There was a time last year when Bamba was out and he was getting 15 minutes every night, and he might have had a decent PPM range. I don’t have those stats.

• tmarohl

I think the rotogrinders projection guys must think that Blake isn’t playing, because he has no projections.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Well. He has been but he needs 30 minutes. One game last season he played 30 minutes he has 32.5 DK points.

The year before that he surpassed value in six consecutive games to close the season.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

Murray is out, and Love is questionable.

I’m guessing Love is out.

• JSteele

Birch has put up 33 DK FPTs in 18 minutes but he also has a history of sucking

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

Well. He has been but he needs 30 minutes. One game last season he played 30 minutes he has 32.5 DK points.

The year before that he surpassed value in six consecutive games to close the season.

What is his DK price?

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Murray is out, and Love is questionable.

I’m guessing Love is out.

Nance would be a great play

• monarch

@tmarohl said...

What is his DK price?

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

I think you almost have to in a two game slate, even at that price.

Okay, thanks. What about if Blake doesn’t play?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.