7:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( -3.5 ) at Atlanta ( 3.5 ) —- T: 234.5
    7:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 0 ) at Boston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 10.5 ) at Miami ( -10.5 ) —- T: 214
    7:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -1 ) at Toronto ( 1 ) —- T: 214.5
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( -1 ) at Chicago ( 1 ) —- T: 226
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( 0 ) at Milwaukee ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -5 ) at San Antonio ( 5 ) —- T: 223
    10:30 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 0 ) at Golden St ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

Giannis at 8% in a game where he might have to play 36 minutes? Sign me up.

• Bodiaz36

I personally feel Tatum’s always been a touch overrated, but there’s no denying the spot he’s in, and he’s the guy in Bos right now. He should get plenty of looks, and grab plenty of boards. I think the game stays close, which bodes well for him

• Calicapo

@Shaudy_lo said...

I’m just scared cause he had 49 real pts and 52 FD pts . So if he’s cold he isn’t getting stats anywhere else to hit value .

Yeah. But when he runs hot, it’s usually in 3 or 4 game spurts.

• NIN1002

Yes, tonight shall be Brad, “Wanna Make Er baby with you tonight” chalk night.

Never played the dude in DFS ever before and quite frankly, didn’t even know he existed until today.

• deepfat

@tmarohl said...

Just follow my Joker rules and you will be OK.

Yeah, you’ve nailed him this year.

• tmarohl

@deepfat said...

Yeah, you’ve nailed him this year.

This is primarily FD specific, but the basic principles apply to DK as well. Just remember the following:
    1) Joker generally is not even the best point per dollar C on his own roster.
    2) If the game is a blowout, either way, Joker is first one to bench. limiting his upside
    3) If the game is fast paced, Joker does not hit value, and may be in foul trouble
    4) If the game is slow paced, like against Boston the other night, that appears to be his best path to success.
    5) On a slate like last night, I posted that unless he crushed value, and got into the 60’s, that your lineup would be trash because of the price difference between Joker and guys like Montrezl, Bryant, etc. 3K difference. I said if he didn’t crush, and had his typical 35 – 45 point performance, your lineup would tank, because there was a very reasonable chance that one of those guys would come close to his production. Hindsight is 20/20, but Montrezl should have been the 10K player last night.

• BBWC_10

^^ Great post Tmar, if you could break down the other 200 relevant players in the league I might be able to cash more frequently. LOL. Still amazed Diallo outscored Oubre and Booker combined!

• JSteele

Joe Harris revenge game. It sounds weird, but this guy actually puts up good games in Cleveland. He must be a little salty about being traded and subsequently waived after suffering a season ending injury.

• Ace15

If Whiteside is in, fade SKAL right? Need the Dray news…Have tons of Chriss/Bowman at the moment. I“m almost 100% Isaac and tons of prince. tonight should be interesting. Blake @7300 on FD is very enticing…

• tmarohl

@Ace15 said...

If Whiteside is in, fade SKAL right? Need the Dray news…Have tons of Chriss/Bowman at the moment. I“m almost 100% Isaac and tons of prince. tonight should be interesting. Blake @7300 on FD is very enticing…

Yep

• frugal

I had a great Sunday, won my first showdown (though tied with 42 others) and won my Yahoo tourney this season (unfortunately, small all day and only .25 entry). Onto today’s look at Yahoo cheapies:

Guard:

Brad Wanamaker $10 – He’s unfortunately listed as a PG rather than an SG which would be ideal, but he’s likely to be good value chalk today with a solid chance to hit 30+ minutes and a clear path to 2X+.

Tomas Satoransky $11 – Satoransky offers a pivot off the Wanamaker chalk or a nice option to pay down at 2 of the 3 guard positions. He’s hit 2.2X+ in 4 of the last 6, with 2 at 3.2X+ and get’s a nice matchup with POR. As long as this game stays close, I like his chances at 2X+. Kris Dunn $11 is also worth a look.

Forwards:

Carmelo Anthony $10 – I don’t love him tonight as he is incredibly shot dependent, but he seems to have taken over the 3rd offensive option spot and played a whooping 35 minutes last game. POR doesn’t have many other options to turn to especially if Whiteside is out forcing other PF options to shift over to C.

Centers:

Skal Labissiere $15 – Sitting a little outside the budget zone for me, but if Whiteside sits again I’m going to take some Skal despite him seeing limited run last game where Tolliver started at C.

Nerlens Noel $10 – I got burned by the NOel late scratch last game, but he’s in play again tonight which not only feels like a faster paced game where he would benefit but if Dray sits this could be a blowout extending his minutes further.

• deepfat

There’s no real cheap value that I’m in love with tonight. Balanced lineup is looking like the play.

• tmarohl

@deepfat said...

There’s no real cheap value that I’m in love with tonight. Balanced lineup is looking like the play.

Which site? All I see on DK is under priced guys.

• athairuammit11

@tmarohl said...

Giannis at 8% in a game where he might have to play 36 minutes? Sign me up.

Im going to the game tonight; I think Giannis, Donovon, Ingles, and Bradley are in play? Anyone else?

• Jeddy3

I kinda hope Kemba plays and it blows up everyone’s build.

I really don’t want to have to play Wanamaker.

• deepfat

@tmarohl said...

Which site? All I see on DK is under priced guys.

Nothing popping on my trends model is all I’m saying.

• Ace15

@Jeddy3 said...

I kinda hope Kemba plays and it blows up everyone’s build.

I really don’t want to have to play Wanamaker.

I hope Kemba stays out and people play Wannamaker. Such a big slate the paths to winning don’t need Wannamaker. He’s not going to break the slate. I will be 100% full fade and hope everyone flocks to him.

• monarch

Is Len chalk?

• tmarohl

@athairuammit11 said...

Im going to the game tonight; I think Giannis, Donovon, Ingles, and Bradley are in play? Anyone else?

Where you sitting? I will be there as well. Bradley not in play unless Rudy ruled out. Rudy himself is a bad play against the Bucks. On FD the only player I am considering from the Bucks game is Giannis. I will play some Bradley if Rudy is out. Also some Jeff Green if Rudy out. Other than that, nothing I like.

Same guys really in play on DK as well.

• Ace15

I’m starting to really like Wiggins as a pivot away from a chalky Towns. I think Wiggins is the play on the MN side from that game. Anyone like Bembry? Still to cheap on FD.

• wcsd832

I had Wanamaker in my lineup the game Kemba got hurt. Kemba only played 12 minutes and Wanamaker didn’t see an increase in minutes from the previous 2 and actually scored less fantasy points playing with the first unit.

I’m fading him tonight on FD

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

Is Len chalk?

I highly doubt it. projected at 0.1 % right now.

• tmarohl

@Ace15 said...

I’m starting to really like Wiggins as a pivot away from a chalky Towns. I think Wiggins is the play on the MN side from that game. Anyone like Bembry? Still to cheap on FD.

No to Bembry because Reddish was just upgraded to probable.
    I don’t think Towns will be chalky.
    I don’t like Wiggins when Minn is at full strength.

• monarch

@tmarohl said...

I highly doubt it. projected at 0.1 % right now.

Thanks. He could.play a LOT today at 3500 on DK.

• JSteele

I see a bunch of plays in midrange that are underpriced. I have a nice Trae lineup that doesn’t force you to dig for value. Brown is my favourite Celtic. All of Wanamaker’s production lately has come with the 2nd unit, so I don’t see him seeing a big increase in minutes or production if he joins the starting unit. Someone like Marcus Smart will need to carry the ball more if anything. If Love is out again, Nance, Thompson is in a good spot and cheap. Wendell Carter Jr is in a good spot but I worry about the B2B. Brogdon is of course a lock at 6k assuming he’s not on a limit in any way. Schroder, Harris, Bradley if Gobert is out again..lots of things you can do today.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).