NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

3:30 PM EST : Miami ( -7 ) at Chicago ( 7 ) —- T: 197
    3:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    6:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 5.5 ) at Memphis ( -5.5 ) —- T: 212

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• dopeismarcus

this slate is so weird lol

• panters

Cashed all 20 entries in the QA (two-game slate) last night. Fifteen won .50 and 5 won 5.20 each for 33.50. High score was 325.
    First time I’ve ever cashed all 20 and I play everyday. Sorry but I just had to tell someone as I have no local friends in DFS.

• underdawgs

@panters said...

Cashed all 20 entries in the QA (two-game slate) last night. Fifteen won .50 and 5 won 5.20 each for 33.50. High score was 325.
    First time I’ve ever cashed all 20 and I play everyday. Sorry but I just had to tell someone as I have no local friends in DFS.

Congrats bro, that’s hard to do

• underdawgs

I guess we’re all waiting on Teague and Whiteside news.
    At first glance, I’m going Chalmers / Gasol with some Dragic and Waiters.
    Don’t like hardly anyone on Pho, I faded Monroe for his last dud but think I’ll end up on him today.
    If no whiteside I’m going olynyk too

• TeamTarek

Where is kat? I Miss this guy

• scott33

@TeamTarek said...

Where is kat? I Miss this guy

Yeah he’s been MIA, hope all is well. I do know he usually focuses on football on Sundays.

• superjon

FD GPPs

Play: Gasol and Butler
    Fade: Warren, Wiggins, and Chalmers

Trap of the Day: Tyus Jones (if Teague is out)

Value of the Day: Jamal Crawford (if Teague is out), Honorable mention to Kelly O. (if Whiteside is out)

• moped_jones

I hate this slate. There’s good dfs teams playing, but they are in terrible matchups.

Bulls have value, bad matchup.
    PHX has great DFS plays but are atrocious on the road.
    MIN should be done with PHX by halftime.
    BKN is in a super pace down game and sucks on the road.
    MEM is in a pace up game against a team that struggles to keep games close on the road.

And MIA…..should also be done with the pathetic bulls by halftime.

What a terrible slate. I’ll probably do just one $4 LU on FD and maybe a 4 quarter games on DK.

• intolerablelucker

what’s the deal with the Alt Slate on FD? Is it simmilar to Main one, or some different rules maybe?

• moped_jones

@superjon said...

Trap of the Day: Tyus Jones (if Teague is out)

(If Teague is out) a $4500 guy that would get minutes regardless of the score as he’s a young player that needs all the PT he can get. I’ll happily take that trap.

• moped_jones

@intolerablelucker said...

what’s the deal with the Alt Slate on FD? Is it simmilar to Main one, or some different rules maybe?

The only differences I can see (without digging very deep) is it offers late swap and contests with much lower prize money.

• superjon

@moped_jones said...

(If Teague is out) a $4500 guy that would get minutes regardless of the score as he’s a young player that needs all the PT he can get. I’ll happily take that trap.

Be my guest.

• River2009

Will the Optimizer be up and running today?

• panters

@underdawgs said...

Congrats bro, that’s hard to do

Thanks underdawgs. Hope to grow a pair and max enter a $1 in the near future.

• panters

@River2009 said...

Will the Optimizer be up and running today?

It’s up now.

• moped_jones

@superjon said...

Be my guest.

Could you at least explain why it’s a trap? (again, this is only if Teague is out, obviously not playing Jones if Teague is in)

• moped_jones

@panters said...

Congrats!

I keep having these nights were I am winning a lot of money and then as the night goes on my late night hammers forget their hammers and I end up barely cashing.

• superjon

@moped_jones said...

Could you at least explain why it’s a trap? (again, this is only if Teague is out, obviously not playing Jones if Teague is in)

Ownership and huge price bump.

He’s got some good numbers in games where he gets at least 20 minutes.

• panters

@moped_jones said...

Congrats!

I keep having these nights were I am winning a lot of money and then as the night goes on my late night hammers forget their hammers and I end up barely cashing.

Thanks moped. For some unknown reason my late night hammers are actually hitting the heads lately. Good luck today.

• DirkDigglerz

Gotta lockin Gasol all day and…

• moped_jones

@superjon said...

Ownership and huge price bump.

He’s got some good numbers in games where he gets at least 20 minutes.

Small slate, everyone will be owned much higher than usual. Plus I don’t worry about ownership when it comes to lower priced players (especially on small slates)

As for his price jump I assume you are talking about FD b/c on DK he’s still only $3600.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree about the trap. There really isn’t any PG that is in an ideal spot today. MIA could blow out the pathetic bulls (so pathetic I will no longer be capitalizing their name). MEM could have their way with BKN. And PHO could easily get blown out even if Booker plays. Jones is one of the few PG’s today that is blowout proof and won’t have someone eating into his minutes (like the PHX PGs).

• dinamopinz

Carroll or Markkanen?

• superjon

@moped_jones said...

Small slate, everyone will be owned much higher than usual. Plus I don’t worry about ownership when it comes to lower priced players (especially on small slates)

As for his price jump I assume you are talking about FD b/c on DK he’s still only $3600.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree about the trap. There really isn’t any PG that is in an ideal spot today. MIA could blow out the pathetic bulls (so pathetic I will no longer be capitalizing their name). MEM could have their way with BKN. And PHO could easily get blown out even if Booker plays. Jones is one of the few PG’s today that is blowout proof and won’t have someone eating into his minutes (like the PHX PGs).

Yes, I’m specifically talking about FD. It’s just a trend I’ve noticed.

1. Player in the 3k range has a great game or two.
    2. Player’s price gets raised a lot.
    3. Player busts or has a mediocre performance in his next game.

Agree about no PGs being in great spots. My top 4 right now are

1. Tyler Johnson, more so if Whiteside is out.
    2. Dunn
    3. Dragic
    4. Dinwiddie

As for Tyus. I’m only playing 4 line ups today due to it being a 3 game slate. There’s a chance I’d add him in a couple if I were playing a lot more.

Good luck if you do play him.

• Syzltuth

@scott33 said...

Yeah he’s been MIA, hope all is well. I do know he usually focuses on football on Sundays.

I know he said he was dealing with an injury that kept him at home, hope all is well with him, he’s a great poster

• DirkDigglerz

Kinda like the Phoenix bigs Minnesota kinda weak inside. Hopefully Tyson sits..

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.