• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -5 ) at Charlotte ( 5 ) —- T: 235.5
    7:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -6 ) at Cleveland ( 6 ) —- T: 216.5
    7:00 PM EST : Houston ( -3.5 ) at Washington ( 3.5 ) —- T: 224
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -6 ) at Chicago ( 6 ) —- T: 215
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 0 ) at Utah ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 8 ) at Golden State ( -8 ) —- T: 214.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mtdurham

@jon2anderson said...

love these kinds of questions, but I have no idea lol you’re thinkin tho! I like playing a bunch of $1 h2h’s cause it’s less likely for me to lose my entire ass ;)

The problem is that even the $1 head to heads are infested with lineups that were built by pros and then sold (or entered for them by guys multi-accounting).

Id love to see what the average FPS scored is at each level of H2H’s…bet its not that much different from level to level… the rake is absolutely disgusting in those things anyway…

lets say you go 6-4 every night… thats $0.80 profit. Awful lot of work for $0.80 that’s taxable if you do it often enough. I’d rather get back on my street corner.

Better off in GPP. Plenty of non-pros stabbing at those…enough really bad lineups out there with zero chance to easily pay the rake for you . Some of them are mine lol

• cdaus8989

@SkateFiend said...

Dwight Howard might not play against this year

Dwight Howard might not play again, regardless of any legal/PR issues.

• mtdurham

@Kmasonbx said...

Didn’t see that debate, but were people really saying games that go to OT don’t help? Or were they saying you shouldn’t bother trying to predict it? Either way both points are ridiculous, lol.

Yes. It was an absolutely brutal discussion… I put together some good info in that thread if you’re interested. Unfortunately, I didnt really get to expand upon it because the peanut gallery went ballistic almost immediatley arguing that games are unlikely to go to overtime even on a night with 12 games on the slate.

Which then I showed that the math said they were actually more likely than not… and… let’s just say this is not a math crowd

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

@mtdurham said...

Which then I showed that the math said they were actually more likely than not… and… let’s just say this is not a math crowd

I liked math until they started with all this new age crap!

Why does it now have to be a two page essay to answer the question of 3+4?!!

• dreusche

Always run the risk of getting Pop’ed, but…

LMA shooting 10% lower than last year on open jumpers. That’s going to turn around at some point. How about tonight, against a Bulls team that gives up the 2nd most open shots to the Center position?

• mtdurham

Its in the 11/23 thread. Ive actually got to run or Id dig up the original post… basically Noddy asked if 5 players were too many from one game on a large slate..

Ive researched gamestacking a lot, because it’s pretty much an integral part of any good large slate strategy… i suggested 4 guys(specifically 2 from each team, though i dont recall if we got that far) is typically the maximum i will enter on a gamestack .

Thats based off several factors, many of which I can expand upon. But we didnt get that far because people were hellbent on advocating against gamestacking and they were unwilling to listen to any math that proved the contrary. I hate to say they didnt understand it… because it was multiplication… but.. i dont think they did

• BBWC_10

@Briancobb33 said...

You can have Al Horford and Otto Porter for 11.1k. Both guys hit 44 and 48 respectively in the last week. I will take the 92 points from that duo potentially rather than hoping for that once a year outlier game from Giannis etc. 5k guys go 8-9X all the time while the 11k Studs almost never put up 99-100 points

This is SOOO wrong, If ABC gets you 75pts and your min priced guy gets you 30 that is 105 pts. Al Horford probably won’t score 44 either so you may get Porter with 45 and Horford with 40 for 85 pts. 105pts is way better than 85. Could be the difference between 50K and 30 bucks.

• dubchr7

• Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

Agreed, generally Im here to read some funny posts, see some funny gifs, and post some humorous things as well.

I’ve posted on many occasions, that days I don’t come to the forum I do much better. Yet since I’m a low volume player I don’t really care. A couple of extra bucks here or there is worth the entertainment value of a few flaming dumpsters, and some good trolling. 😎🥓🍔

Don’t care much about getting better either. As long as I win occasionally, I’m ok with it, I just like making lineups.

Anyway…here’s a cat giving someone a high 5 😁

LOL CLASSIC

• BUFUu2

@BBWC_10 said...

This is SOOO wrong, If ABC gets you 75pts and your min priced guy gets you 30 that is 105 pts. Al Horford probably won’t score 44 either so you may get Porter with 45 and Horford with 40 for 85 pts. 105pts is way better than 85. Could be the difference between 50K and 30 bucks.

I actually think it just depends on the slate and the stud you talk about…… If the stud is playing in a likely blowout game or on a b2b well his mins could be limited its better to go the other way now however if your stud is in a smash spot key players out and pretty damn sure he will hit 60-70 and you no a smaller priced guy will get ya 25-30 to match his price go for it. Just think every slate is different….

• BBWC_10

@mtdurham said...

AKA , she’s still upset that I’ve pointed out what a poor defender Durant is and that people are using that angle to build lineups.

Normally, I’d hate to give away a particular angle I like to exploit because it’s just one less edge I can ever hope to exploit. But in the case of Durant (probably the most overrated player in the league not named Devin Booker) I’m willing to make an exception.

I hope everyone plays the guy he’s up against. The more people figure out what a fraud that guy is the better as far as I’m concerned…

That was the best part of Curry’s injury. I hate not getting to watch him, but it’s nice to see the Durant defenders squirm when they can’t even win a game without him.

This is why you will never win a GPP. Who cares if they don’t defend anyone, we are not trying to win the NBA championship. We are trying to score the most points every night. Booker and Durant are fantasy monsters, Why don’t you play Aaron Gordon and cry when he goes 1/18 in a game because he can’t score and thinks he is a 3pt shooter like Curry.

• kbsktbll88

Spencer Davies
    ‏Verified account @SpinDavies
    2m2 minutes ago

No decision on replacement for Nwaba in starting lineup, will happen at gametime based on playing small or big, per Drew. #Cavs
    0 replies 0 retweets 1 like

Playing Minnesota so I think it would make sense to play big to match up with KAT and Gibson/Saric. I’d guess Nance starts tonight.

edit:

Rick Noland MG/CT
    ‏ @RickNoland
    1m1 minute ago

Drew unsure who will start for Nwaba. Will be Nance if goes big; mentioned Clarkson, Korver, Harrison as possibilities if goes small

• frugal

@BBWC_10 said...

Sure, but the math is off. On DK, Giannis plus min would be $14.6 (good luck finding a 3K guy go for 30 tonight). So for ~14.6….can a combo like Vuc and Tatum get you in the neighborhood (safer as we’re not relying on a $3K player) for $400 less? Both build techniques are valid.

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

@kbsktbll88 said...

Spencer Davies
    ‏Verified account @SpinDavies
    2m2 minutes ago

No decision on replacement for Nwaba in starting lineup, will happen at gametime based on playing small or big, per Drew. #Cavs
    0 replies 0 retweets 1 like

Playing Minnesota so I think it would make sense to play big to match up with KAT and Gibson/Saric. I’d guess Nance starts tonight.

That is my guess as well.

I am thinking that KAT and Nance matchup while it will be TT marches up with Taj.

KAT will match up with TT on the minutes that Taj is on the bench and Saric is in.

• kbsktbll88

@RandysCrow said...

That is my guess as well.

I am thinking that KAT and Nance matchup while it will be TT marches up with Taj.

KAT will match up with TT on the minutes that Taj is on the bench and Saric is in.

Yep… see my edit though..

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

@kbsktbll88 said...

Yep… see my edit though..

Saw it.

This game is going to really mess up my lineup as I think both coaches wait till last minute to announce starters playing the cat and mouse game.

If Cavs go small and start say Clarkson then I think Wolves counter with starting Saric over Taj. If Cavs decide to go big and start Nance then I think that Taj starts over Saric.

I really want to play Taj on FD at 4.1k. I know he shares minutes with Saric but if the matchup is going to be Taj on TT he will get more court time and for 4.1k we have seen him hit 40 fpts multiple times before…

• BUFUu2

i keep going back and fourth between oubre and smart anyone know a great sg for around 4300 tops

• kbsktbll88

@RandysCrow said...

Saw it.

This game is going to really mess up my lineup as I think both coaches wait till last minute to announce starters playing the cat and mouse game.

If Cavs go small and start say Clarkson then I think Wolves counter with starting Saric over Taj. If Cavs decide to go big and start Nance then I think that Taj starts over Saric.

I really want to play Taj on FD at 4.1k. I know he shares minutes with Saric but if the matchup is going to be Taj on TT he will get more court time and for 4.1k we have seen him hit 40 fpts multiple times before…

Hmm interesting. I thought Minny’s starters were set in stone. Haven’t seen Saric start any games so far anyways.

• monarch

Cp3 out. I’m jamming Giannis and Beard into a DK. Hoping for 5x…lol

• trinidon

CP3 out tonight

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

CP3 and G Green out for Rockets tonight

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

@kbsktbll88 said...

Hmm interesting. I thought Minny’s starters were set in stone. Haven’t seen Saric start any games so far anyways.

They are for the most part but Taj has also stated that he fine doing either. So I think it may fluctuate depending on matchup if more muscle is needed or more finesse. I think against under the basket centers they should start Taj to guard them. Athletic centers can be guarded by KAT allowing Saric to start.

• mambaland

on the thread today i think the thing i have learned is more points is the best way to win…glad i got that one figured out

• Jkemdy

Does CP being out hurt capela at all ? Any stats to back it up?

• monarch

Damn…looks like Tatum may start at the two. Not as enticing but solidifies Marcus Smart off the bench.

• CJtheGrump

Here’s my reservations on Gordon Hayward – it looks like he’s starting, and therefore won’t have quite the same usage and the defense he faces will probably be more difficult than if he were coming off the bench.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).