NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -2.5 ) at Dallas ( 2.5 ) —- T: 227.5
    9:00 PM EST : Washington ( 9.5 ) at Denver ( -9.5 ) —- T: 226

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Ace15

RG Overall Ranking

Just want to say. It’s straight up crazy how hard the chalk has smashed this year. It’s been a bit ridiculous, keep waiting for things to turn a little bit but my god….I feel on FD specifically it’s ridiculously hard to cash/win if you don’t have chalk. On DK I feel there are still many ways to get there without the chalk, but FD is ridiculous.

• Jeddy3

Chalk is chalk for a reason unfortunately. Also, there is a ton of content on the web so everyone knows about it now.

• superjon

Who wants to fade Doncic on a 2 game slate?

Not me.

Seems like there is enough value to fit in him and one other stud. Not sure if that’s the route I’m going yet.

• Ace15

RG Overall Ranking

@superjon said...

Not me.

Seems like there is enough value to fit in him and one other stud. Not sure if that’s the route I’m going yet.

Going the other route. 2 game slate with Doncic? No way we can fade right? WRONG, straight fade tonight because it makes no sense which makes all the sense.

• JustDFSin

On FD most of the players are overpriced so you basically are picking players with the least bust potential

• JSteele

If I understand correctly Washington is a sweet matchup for Jokic foul trouble and a guy like Barton/Jeremi Grant/Plumlee to smash?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@JSteele said...

If I understand correctly Washington is a sweet matchup for Jokic foul trouble and a guy like Barton/Jeremi Grant/Plumlee to smash?

Basically. The theory is Jokic is too fat and out of shape to do well in pace up games.These are Tmarohl’s theories though. Not that I disagree. Just want tot give him credit.

• ppierce

its almost like you have to fade doncic and hope he just hits 40 tonight. otherwise its pretty pointless to play.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@ppierce said...

its almost like you have to fade doncic and hope he just hits 40 tonight. otherwise its pretty pointless to play.

Why? It’s a 2 game slate. Tons of guys will be chalky that you can fade. Why fade the best one?

• Ndepompei

@Pandamonious said...

Why? It’s a 2 game slate. Tons of guys will be chalky that you can fade. Why fade the best one?

Yeah I’d go the opposite. Just play Luka and hope he outscores everyone else by at least 10 which he has been easily doing. Not too difficult to fit him in either

• monarch

It’s a great night to play around with showdown…two showdown slates both have some 20 max offerings.

• Bodiaz36

Luka will be a full fade for me, and I don’t say that lightly. I expect him to be around where he usually is (60 fpts or so). I’m looking at Jokic, for significantly cheaper, who’s in a more exploitable matchup. I think it’s a ceiling game for him. I’ll grab Unicorn and PG from the first game, and call it a night. Good luck to all

• gaelicgirl

@superjon said...

Not fading Luka Legend

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #64

RG Tiered Ranking

Congrats to mojaverob for taking 1st in the Forum contest last night

Here is the link to tonight’s contest

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/81697944

• Micah831

I’ve been learning this year not to fade the chalk. I’ve been fading chalk like ABC last night and got wrecked. I thought I was smart playing Drummond with Vuc AND Gordon out. Meanwhile ABC has a 80 burger. I can’t keep doing that. Luka, tonight you and I will ride in battle togetherrrrrrrr!!!!

• Micah831

And did anyone talk about Embiid going scoreless last night? Wtf

• Bodiaz36

Eh, Beers had both Embiid and Wanamaker in his 6-pack yesterday I think. Happens to the best of us sometimes…

• rpolzin25

Lock in luka… Fade joker… Cash…i mean easy peasy right?

• rpolzin25

@Micah831 said...

And did anyone talk about Embiid going scoreless last night? Wtf

From what I understand gasol historically owns embiid

• frugal

@Pandamonious said...

Basically. The theory is Jokic is too fat and out of shape to do well in pace up games.These are Tmarohl’s theories though. Not that I disagree. Just want tot give him credit.

I’ve watched a few Denver games this year, perfect fade spot as the DvP is going to draw people to him but he’s going to get run off the floor. WAS is 7th in pace, we have 2 samples against very similar paced teams which are also great DvP matchups vs C in ATL and MEM.

• Ace15

RG Overall Ranking

Playing 2 of Wager/Bertans/Bryant + Ish smith. Should be contrarian enough.

• frugal

Crap slate unfortunately. George and Kawhi eat into each others production and this doesn’t look like a good spot for Jokic which will push all ownership to Luka. Perfect night to hedge a balanced lineup but not sure there’s enough mid range guys with high upside to really build a high scoring lineup.

• bigwillie20

@Bodiaz36 said...

Eh, Beers had both Embiid and Wanamaker in his 6-pack yesterday I think. Happens to the best of us sometimes…

Oh. Makes sense now

• JSteele

Isaiah Thomas returns to Denver where he wasted a year of his career being buried in the rotation.

• gaelicgirl

@JSteele said...

Millsap game?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler