• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Miami ( 4 ) at Cleveland ( -4 ) —- T: 209
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Denver ( 2 ) at Utah ( -2 ) —- T: 207
    10:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -7 ) at Sacramento ( 7 ) —- T: 198.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mr_papageorgio

Sigh I finally settled on a LU I like and now Middleton is questionable. Feel like you have to lock in Bledsoe and ABC if he’s out, though I think that also brings Brogdon into play. I doubt we get news before lock so I might have to make a second LU tonight.

• Jlr21

I understand Monroe is a bad defender, but I cannot understand why he continues to get low minute totals. The guy could easily average 15 & 10 if given the opportunity. It’s too bad the Suns are set on tanking.

• GTRandy27

Thoughts on Whiteside & Monroe in cash games tonight? Or should I do something like Mitchell & Markkanen?

• apeterson8809

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

Imagine if this happens, and I think it could. . .

Heat v Cav’s, pace down spot, Cleveland on B2b get the win in an ugly game, but Bron gets his 50
    Suns v Bulls, two bad teams going at it, remember that scenario where Suns/Lakers were chalk and scored a combine 193 pts, almost 40pts under there total, and every player busted? hmmm…
    Nuggets v Jazz, pace down spot, but should be a competitive game
    Bucks vs Kings, as we have seen, studs rarely go nuts vs the kings & kings are on a b2b
    . . . so we have 3 potentially ugly spots for fantasy value and then once decent spot in a pace up / defensive game.

Wizards vs TWolves; arguably the most competitive game with the highest total. Past battles between these teams have resulted in multiple players hitting value. We also have injury situations which will concentrate the usage a bit. Albeit rare, this seems like a spot where a complete game stack could (1) get you a safe floor and (2) get you a ceiling that could take down a GPP.

• Zkragt

@apeterson8809 said...

Imagine if this happens, and I think it could. . .

Heat v Cav’s, pace down spot, Cleveland on B2b get the win in an ugly game, but Bron gets his 50
    Suns v Bulls, two bad teams going at it, remember that scenario where Suns/Lakers were chalk and scored a combine 193 pts, almost 40pts under there total, and every player busted? hmmm…
    Nuggets v Jazz, pace down spot, but should be a competitive game
    Bucks vs Kings, as we have seen, studs rarely go nuts vs the kings & kings are on a b2b
    . . . so we have 3 potentially ugly spots for fantasy value and then once decent spot in a pace up / defensive game.

Wizards vs TWolves; arguably the most competitive game with the highest total. Past battles between these teams have resulted in multiple players hitting value. We also have injury situations which will concentrate the usage a bit. Albeit rare, this seems like a spot where a complete game stack could (1) get you a safe floor and (2) get you a ceiling that could take down a GPP.

Great analysis! Always like hearing what you have to say.

• cbsharpe

@vandymark said...

Thanks man You too. Hopefully you win big tonight!

Thanks amigo!

• yanksfan1

Anyone on Faried?

• apeterson8809

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@Zkragt said...

Great analysis! Always like hearing what you have to say.

This is me thinking out loud right now, with a goal to generate some ideas. NBA is far different than football where game stacks very rarely will take down a GPP. The situation has to be perfect or you have to hit OT. Personally, the absolute max I would go is 5 total players from one game on a slate like this. . .

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

Fox breaks out tonight.

• KindGuy

@apeterson8809 said...

This is me thinking out loud right now, with a goal to generate some ideas. NBA is far different than football where game stacks very rarely will take down a GPP. The situation has to be perfect or you have to hit OT. Personally, the absolute max I would go is 5 total players from one game on a slate like this. . .

How’d you do last night?

• gaelicgirl

@apeterson8809 said...

Yesterday I completely faded the Warriors / Kings game mainly due to the Kings playing at such a slow pace and the warrior’s rest/injury situation throwing things off.

How funny, that was exactly my concern with playing any Warriors last night. Sadly, nobody confirmed my misgivings, and I foolishly let myself be talked into playing them. “Those 50 points from Steph and KD have to come from somewhere” is an invalid argument when the Warriors score fewer points against slower paced teams, as I predicted. My bad for not trusting my own judgment.

• gausman7

@apeterson8809 said...

Denzel Valentine 5,600 or Gary Harris 5,200 ?

Tyler Johnson 4,200 or Tim Fraizer 4,100 ?

Harris and Johnson IMO

• cbsharpe

@KATburger said...

and i’ll say again the place to target against the wolves is not perimeter shooting. Its midrange (morris and porter) and PITP (gortat and porter)

Thanks KAT!

• gausman7

@KATburger said...

Rubio against the Nuggets statistically performs well. And now he’s asked to score more so I feel a 15-10-5 is very possible with rubio tonight. Mitchell has been a man possessed defensively racking up the steals… steals in 9/10 past games. 15+ shot attempts 8/10 games playing a pace up match ( I see pace up here … not pace down for denver) … .. I can see Rubio easily, easily getting 35 fpts if he hits the 30 minute mark. And Donovan Mitchell believe it or not has 50 fpt ceiling every night he touches the court with his FGA and peripherals … People relying on guys like tyus jones and tim frazier when the match up calls for wings and post players to me is the bigger reach here. Rubio should see minutes, the last four contests for both DEN and UTA have been blowouts and this one should/will be more competitive. His price has dropped to much for his ceiling and I feel like tonight people will end the night asking why we didn’t spend the extra 1000 to get a true starting point guard and why did we stack the chalk value again.

I feel your take, and believe me its not easy to tell the world to fade ABC/LBJ/KAT but I see opportunity to separate myself from a lot of the field. I’m hoping teague is ruled out (although I think he’ll play) because I want people to go after Tyus Jones. I love the kid he grew up near where I live so i’ve watched him since highschool. His younger brother who’s also going to Duke next year is just an overall better basketball player and his last two starts had a huge buffer on the STL and BLK category. I recommended him last time out facing the team that turns the ball over more than any team in the league (suns) i’m not recommending him tonight in a game that ball handling will be dominated by Beal/Butler and inside scoring Porter/Gortat/Taj … Lol i also don’t like LBJ when i roster him I cringe haha. I’m hoping for everyone that plays those guys it works out for you, i’m just hoping also that my low owned team stack goes unnoticed and brings me to the promise land. I’m trying to find a way to get Favors in as well I may take Lauri out.

I have not seen any evidence that Rubio is roster-able since he came back. I don’t trust him enough to trust him without evidence. For me, he hasn’t passed the eye test and I’m not willing to trust him with the limited amount of lineups I play. I don’t disagree with your thinking…I just haven’t seen the ability to get to 35 of late.

• bigkino217

@gaelicgirl said...

How funny, that was exactly my concern with playing any Warriors last night. Sadly, nobody confirmed my misgivings, and I foolishly let myself be talked into playing them. “Those 50 points from Steph and KD have to come from somewhere” is an invalid argument when the Warriors score fewer points against slower paced teams, as I predicted. My bad for not trusting my own judgment.

the points were also pretty spread out across the board. no one warrior took too much of the usage (except maybe mccaw)

• moped_jones

@jglumsic said...

Well Chandler is out. And Middleton is apparently sick. Always gotta get that one piece of totally unexpected news to shake things up.

Does this mean I get to fire up the Faried?

• KindGuy

Rubio is trash yet is somehow brought up every time he plays. He is TERRIBLE.

• gausman7

@JPAIN23 said...

Looking for some advice. Been a FD guy, had success early on but I’m at the point I am just a player away. What do I need to know about difference from FD to DK. I get everyone has lives but can anyone give me some insight. I am so close yet so far away

Difference between pool and bumper pool.. still comes down to a strong core. DK forces you to be more picky in tightening up your core, but gives you freedom to play multiple centers and people in different spots. My suggestion is to start playing a couple free rolls on DK to get your sea legs. There is also Yahoo if you want to continue to make yourself crazy. I have played both, and now I play FD only.

The peripheral stats (blocks, steal) have more value on fanduel and I prefer being able to play more players on a big slate. They both have positives and negatives. Worth checking out IMO

• jglumsic

@moped_jones said...

Does this mean I get to fire up the Faried?

Might be ur chance. Although still think they are gonna end up goin small now for sure.

• moped_jones

@apeterson8809 said...

Bulls/Suns just played a couple weeks ago and totaled 221 between them. I’d say that’d be closer to their game this time around than the Suns/LAL game from 11/13 (not to mention the Suns/LAL played again on the 17th and combined to score 235 so I don’t get why that game is being ignored by you.)

• mbunner23

Anybody else scared to play Valentine. I mean he could crush the Suns in an up tempo game, but he also has the same chance to dud. Don’t think I will play him in cash games when I can play a super consistent Gary Harris. Ill throw Valentine in a gpp line though.

• moped_jones

@elementasrat said...

Rubio is trash yet is somehow brought up every time he plays. He is TERRIBLE.

He’s brought up by better DFS players than you yet somehow you still act like you know best.

• bigkino217

@moped_jones said...

Bulls/Suns just played a couple weeks ago and totaled 221 between them. I’d say that’d be closer to their game this time around than the Suns/LAL game from 11/13 (not to mention the Suns/LAL played again on the 17th and combined to score 235 so I don’t get why that game is being ignored by you.)

bulls/suns is 2 bad offenses going against 2 bad defenses, so it really could go either way lol.

• willdathrill101

I’m loving Frank Mason tonight. He got the 4th quarter run over Fox last night. He has been killing it and is only 3.5k on FD. Sign me up.

• KindGuy

@moped_jones said...

He’s brought up by better DFS players than you yet somehow you still act like you know best.

By all means go play him then. He’s an awful player who doesn’t deserve to start.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).