• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Miami ( 4 ) at Cleveland ( -4 ) —- T: 209
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Denver ( 2 ) at Utah ( -2 ) —- T: 207
    10:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -7 ) at Sacramento ( 7 ) —- T: 198.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@underdawgs said...

Leaving last night in the Trash bin of history.
    Injury news we’re waiting on is Devin Booker and Teague.
    Gotta worry about Cleveland sitting one of their guys on the second of a B2B but we’ll see. Doubt it’s Wade since he probably wants to play vs Miami.
    Feels like Sac gets slaughtered tonight, huge win for them last night and they’re probably physically and emotionally gassed. Some cool value in that game if it happens.
    Surprised Frazier’s price didn’t go higher on either site.

Booker is on record saying he’s feeling a lot better. So my lineup (single bullet) is planned as though he’s playing. I would be shocked if jeff teague sat out tonight but if it does happen I’m leaving Tyus Jones for those value chasers. This isn’t a good spot for him and at his price I’ll move up $1100 on DK to get Rubio.

Fading the MIA/CLE game entirely … and near fade of MIL/SAC. I had Bobby Portis in there at the F spot but I have to go back to the well with WCS. MIL has a great PITP number overall but that was when monroe was around and I don’t see Henson stopping Willie.

Today’s all about finding the 5x floor. So i’m even more balanced than yesterday and avoiding LBJ and ABC. LBJ may have a great performance but with so many guys under priced around the 5k-7k range i’m sticking there until prices adjust.

Other news people will watch for is definitely Wilson Chandler. I had Gary Harris locked in yesterday and i’ll keep him regardless the news. Its the same lower back issue from a week ago and same issue as last year so i’m planning on him not playing. Will Barton too expensive for me so the pivot to Harris is a good move. Have players like Porter/Mitchell at Barton’s price so i’m comfortable staying away.

So I guess for those that need confirmation i’d have at least one lineup that says Booker/Teague in and Wilson Chandler out.

Cleveland rested their players so I wouldn’t worry about their back to back situation if that’s a game your interested in targeting. LBJ only played 31 minutes. So if you like the game and want exposure I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@underdawgs said...

I’m not claiming any nonsense revenge narrative. Just that he probably wants to play. Only played 24 min last night so he should be OK.
    Warren benefits if Booker sits, I like Mike James there too. And since Len looks to be out of the rotation for now, Chandler and Monroe are both getting enough minutes to hit value.
    On the other side of that game, I love Holiday.

Len has actually outproduced them both on a FPPM basis. Bender/Chriss/Monroe/Len/Chandler all getting the same amount of minutes right now but Len actually has performed well 20-25 DK fp these past few outings. Its a carousal I don’t want any part of though. Those minutes are too spread out, they need to trade two of them .. my guess would be Len and Chandler and they’ll hold onto the young guys Bender and Chriss. They haven’t shown enough to earn any trade value. Chandler could get a late 1st rounder back in a future draft (not this upcoming one) same with Len.

• dominicanpapi

I really like WCS tonight, Bucks are horrible vs. bigs. Was listening to the Morning Grind and regarding the Phoenix/Chicago game, I’m geniunely shocked they skipped over guys like Valentine, Portis, etc and just mentioned Markannen. I think Valentine has triple double potential tonight.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@BUFUu2 said...

any thoughts on faried,, you guys think they will go small against utah or will faried get 30 mins tonight again

Jarebko should start at PF for Utah. And Thabo will likely come in to replace him. I’d say Faried is a tough choice tonight. Trey Lyles could be the play if Wilson Chandler is out. Returning to Utah if you want ‘revenge’ narrative. But with no Millsap or chandler this match up favors Lyles playing style and familiarity with the weaknesses of utah imo. I’m slowly looking how to get him in my single bullet i’m running today but trying to stay balanced. I’m in the $12 DK single and the $8 so if i find something i like with him in then i’ll adjust one of those entries.

• moped_jones

@jglumsic said...

Ricky Rubio price is the cheapest its ever been. Denver is terrible against the PG. Might be an interesting play. I still think i like Mitchell more but might throw some shares of rubio in.

When is Rubio going to get more minutes? I know he’s got that achilles injury, but if they are just going to play him 20 minutes a game they might as well just sit him for a few weeks.

• jglumsic

@moped_jones said...

When is Rubio going to get more minutes? I know he’s got that achilles injury, but if they are just going to play him 20 minutes a game they might as well just sit him for a few weeks.

Last game he got in foul trouble early. I think they are trying to get his mins back up. He still played solid in the 2nd half. I think at that price gotta at least give him a shot. If he gets back to being the rubio he once was he has a ton of upside.

• moped_jones

@KATburger said...

I would be shocked if jeff teague sat out tonight but if it does happen I’m leaving Tyus Jones for those value chasers. This isn’t a good spot for him and at his price I’ll move up $1100 on DK to get Rubio.

What good is Rubio if he’s only getting 20 minutes a game? Don’t get me wrong he’s one of my favorite PGs (was pissed when MInny traded him and got Teague) but at 20 minutes a game……….I say no thanks.

• underdawgs

@KATburger said...

Len has actually outproduced them both on a FPPM basis. Bender/Chriss/Monroe/Len/Chandler all getting the same amount of minutes right now but Len actually has performed well 20-25 DK fp these past few outings. Its a carousal I don’t want any part of though. Those minutes are too spread out, they need to trade two of them .. my guess would be Len and Chandler and they’ll hold onto the young guys Bender and Chriss. They haven’t shown enough to earn any trade value. Chandler could get a late 1st rounder back in a future draft (not this upcoming one) same with Len.

Len picked up a DNP-CD on Sunday. But had 19 min game before.
    The DNP worries me because the minutes among bigs were pretty evenly distributed with chandler, Monroe, Chriss, Bender, even Dudley all double digit minutes. Len might be the odd man out until they make the trades you (correctly) point out that they need to

• moped_jones

@jglumsic said...

Last game he got in foul trouble early. I think they are trying to get his mins back up. He still played solid in the 2nd half. I think at that price gotta at least give him a shot. If he gets back to being the rubio he once was he has a ton of upside.

Okay. Good to know. Like I said in another post he’s one of my favorite PGs and the price has been getting more and more tempting but the minutes were just not there. Glad he’s getting over that achilles injury. Might have to stick him in a LU.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@moped_jones said...

What good is Rubio if he’s only getting 20 minutes a game? Don’t get me wrong he’s one of my favorite PGs (was pissed when MInny traded him and got Teague) but at 20 minutes a game……….I say no thanks.

Not to be rude here k… but since your basically looking at the box scores…. look to the far left where it has the scores… his last four games he’s been in were blowouts… that’s why the minutes are down and thats also why i’m playing him. People will look at minutes before the final outcomes of the game. He was returning from achilles and then involved in blowouts = limited minutes … i hate rubio (minnesota guy) but when he’s facing denver and murray/mudiay he’s a beast … So if you think this game stays close tonight, which it definitely should and shouldn’t be lopsided rubio has 8x upside easy at his current price.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

I’m literally creating my lineup with the thought you just had in mind moped-jones … have to look deeper as to ‘why’ he got those minutes .. 4 games in a row were blowouts .. yea minutes get reduced. He’ll get his 30+ tonight with Raul Neto questionable. If you love him, tonights a night to toss him in at least one lineup. Just my opinion though… even though I feel what i’m saying makes 100% sense

• upgradetoquestionable

I swore on Sunday I would NEVER deal with the Mike James/”(player-popup #tyler-ulis)Tyler Ulis”:/players/tyler-ulis-35229 mess in Phoenix. I never fail to get it absolutely wrong, yet the value is there in a high pace spot. Anyone here a Phoenix PG whisperer?

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@moped_jones said...

Okay. Good to know. Like I said in another post he’s one of my favorite PGs and the price has been getting more and more tempting but the minutes were just not there. Glad he’s getting over that achilles injury. Might have to stick him in a LU.

Yea a lot went into it, blowout, coming back from injury, fouls .. He’s an awesome play tonight and like i said if you love him, grab at least one share. Will the plays always crush? nope, but hey at 5400 I simply cant pass on him in a pace up match with one of Utah’s backup guards questionable.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@underdawgs said...

Len picked up a DNP-CD on Sunday. But had 19 min game before.
    The DNP worries me because the minutes among bigs were pretty evenly distributed with chandler, Monroe, Chriss, Bender, even Dudley all double digit minutes. Len might be the odd man out until they make the trades you (correctly) point out that they need to

Yea it’s a ‘sh*t fest’ for bigs in Phoenix. I have no idea what their intent is. One of those bigs could win a gpp on a 5 game slate for sure. Just which one. Rotowire has Greg Monroe starting at PF. But does he see more than 20 minutes??? If i knew that answer he’d be locked and loaded for sure.

• moped_jones

@KATburger said...

They really need to get rid of Chandler. He would have been a great fit for the Bucks. Not sure why they didn’t try to move him in the Bledsoe trade.

PHX needs to stick with Monroe/Len and the C. Start Monroe, but play whoever has the hot hand. Usually one of them does.

• moped_jones

@upgradetoquestionable said...

I swore on Sunday I would NEVER deal with the Mike James/”(player-popup #tyler-ulis)Tyler Ulis”:/players/tyler-ulis-35229 mess in Phoenix. I never fail to get it absolutely wrong, yet the value is there in a high pace spot. Anyone here a Phoenix PG whisperer?

I’m going Timmy and Kris Dunn (unless Teague is out then Timmy and Jones). I really dislike this slate so I’ll probably just take Giannis and build around him with mid tier guys. Will probably throw Rubio into 1 LU.

• moped_jones

@KATburger said...

Not to be rude here k… but since your basically looking at the box scores…. look to the far left where it has the scores… his last four games he’s been in were blowouts… that’s why the minutes are down and thats also why i’m playing him. People will look at minutes before the final outcomes of the game. He was returning from achilles and then involved in blowouts = limited minutes … i hate rubio (minnesota guy) but when he’s facing denver and murray/mudiay he’s a beast … So if you think this game stays close tonight, which it definitely should and shouldn’t be lopsided rubio has 8x upside easy at his current price.

I looked on FD player profile which doesn’t have the scores (or fouls). I just assumed incorrectly that he his minutes were being watched b/c of the Achilles. We’ve all been wrong, even you. It happens.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

Hmmm … I can get in Trey Lyles .. and move up from Gary Harris to Will Barton and keep my Porter/Mitchell … late start for the game it will be risky and probably won’t get news until after lock but I think I might roll that lineup in the the $12 Single entry because without news less people will try it there. I don’t want to give up the original lineup even with it being two players swapped out that’s bit me in the past.

• upgradetoquestionable

@moped_jones said...

I’m going Timmy and Kris Dunn (unless Teague is out then Timmy and Jones). I really dislike this slate so I’ll probably just take Giannis and build around him with mid tier guys. Will probably throw Rubio into 1 LU.

Been nosing around more on FD, just saw Frazier and Rubio’s prices on DK. That may solve my having to figure out Phoenix PG issue!

That said I’m now sure both James and Ulis will go off as Triano plays a two PG backcourt for 30 plus minutes!

• Njsum1

@KATburger said...

I’m literally creating my lineup with the thought you just had in mind moped-jones … have to look deeper as to ‘why’ he got those minutes .. 4 games in a row were blowouts .. yea minutes get reduced. He’ll get his 30+ tonight with Raul Neto questionable. If you love him, tonights a night to toss him in at least one lineup. Just my opinion though… even though I feel what i’m saying makes 100% sense

Maybe…his minutes were low compared to the other starters. His minutes were low 20s..meaning he probably didn’t come back in, in the 4th quarter where he may have seen an additional 6 minutes….looks like they are capping his minutes regardless of the game flow. He makes an interesting tourney play here, yet I’m not convinced he’ll se minutes in the low to mid 30s. I’ll use him sparingly in case tonight is the night, yet I’d like to see it first.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@moped_jones said...

I looked on FD player profile which doesn’t have the scores (or fouls). I just assumed incorrectly that he his minutes were being watched b/c of the Achilles. We’ve all been wrong, even you. It happens.

All good brother I didn’t mean to come off that way. I definitely miss. Didn’t realize you were FD. Register on DK to maybe see some of the stats they carry there it helps even on FD construction. That’s what my DK was used as for the first 3 years just an added stat site.

• jglumsic

@moped_jones said...

DailyNBALineups: #Suns Alex Len said he has been frustrated by his recent benchings.

Yea not a good situation in Phoenix

• jglumsic

Whoops didnt mean to quote you there moped

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

Maybe…his minutes were low compared to the other starters. His minutes were low 20s..meaning he probably didn’t come back in, in the 4th quarter where he may have seen an additional 6 minutes….looks like they are capping his minutes regardless of the game flow. He makes an interesting tourney play here, yet I’m not convinced he’ll se minutes in the low to mid 30s. I’ll use him sparingly in case tonight is the night, yet I’d like to see it first.

Yea it’s worrisome for sure, if we can get neto news before lock i’ll feel really good going into the game. Late start though so we just have to hope we get something.

• gausman7

On fanduel, starting with Beal and Porter, paying down at PG and paying up at center. Hoping WCS ownership is through the roof due to good matchup and recency bias. WCS is still WCS. I don’t trust him. In fact I don’t trust anyone on SAC. Full fade on SAC for me. I think balanced is the approach tonight

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).