• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Miami ( 4 ) at Cleveland ( -4 ) —- T: 209
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Denver ( 2 ) at Utah ( -2 ) —- T: 207
    10:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -7 ) at Sacramento ( 7 ) —- T: 198.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tyetwo42

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@gausman7 said...

Reading my mind on Wash/Minn

I don’t have the crystal ball to play “guess the Bull”. I LOVE Jokic tonight for GPP.

I hope people overthink Beal tonight because of Butler defense. If Beal takes 25 shots, he is gonna get his points. Think Porter is a great Fanduel play with extra points on the inside. Morris is interesting. Def GPP only, but he is affordable.

I like all Minn starters except for KAT…not because he is a bad play, simply because I like Jokic better at approx same price.

He’s just three point dependent (beal) and overall the wolves guard the three really well. Its the only area defensively they execute on. Porter/gortat or morris could be a nice play if they get themselves in the paint and to the rim imo.

• skylerkeate

@DontTrustTheProcess said...

Agreed. I also love how people think the thin air in Denver effects these pro athletes. Especially when they play “INDOORS”. Shmucks!!

Why would indoors change how thin the air is? If you look at home court advantage over the past 10 years Denver has best and Utah second accounting for records. Both teams have been mediocre overall but have much better home records.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@superjon where did you get those bad boys!!! ?(x values)

• apeterson8809

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

Random question. . . What type of bankrolls do you think these guys like Chipotle and Awesemo have? Awesemo had 25 entries in the $555 last night and min cashed one. Definitely not dogging on these high rollers at all, and I’m all about playing high stakes, but I’m guessing they have between 20 to 50k or more a night. . . Even the best players experience variance, its unavoidable, can’t imagine what a downrun for them would look like. . .

To keep this post on topic, here’s my tournament strategy for tonight (since I don’t do this for a living I only play tournaments, I do free h2h’s with some buddies or anyone who sends me a h2h, but that’s about it)

400k Alley Oop, 1x
    85k Posterizer 3max entry, 1x
    215k triple threat, 2x
    25k Full Court 3max entry, 1x
    40k mid range jumper single entry

My strategy with this type of line up; I’ll build out two slightly different cores, one for the alley-oop and one for the Posterizer 3max. One of the triple threat builds and the mid-range jumper will use the alley-oop core but mixing in other value plays I liked. The other triple threat and $25 3max will use the Posterizer core & will mix a few value plays up. The strategy is fairly concentrated but when it hits almost every lineup hits and so far this year has put me in a position to take down a cpl GPPs.

On a day to day basis, we often get caught up in the individual plays people are making. I’d be curious to hear about other peoples tourney line up strategy because I know mine isn’t the best, it’s just been working for me quite well this year.

• colb24

On DK I went Lebron over Giannis….Lebron has less to work with right now then Giannis . Bledsoe is starting to play better… Also middleton trying to work his way back into some usage as well.

• Brenmike922

@jglumsic said...

Haha had to bring back a classic. From when the nba still went hard and dudes could actually fight. But yea im gonna just take a chance on Gortat the Wolves are awful against centers and at his price its just too hard to pass.

• hsfgsteele

If Teague is playing, do you guys like him? Teague/Ellington or Rubio/WCS

• mr_papageorgio

I kinda want to play Whiteside tonight given what DJ did to the Cavs recently but I’m worried about his minutes. Anyone know if he’s in the doghouse?

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@vandymark said...

And I said IDC who is guarding him…………

and i’ll say again the place to target against the wolves is not perimeter shooting. Its midrange (morris and porter) and PITP (gortat and porter)

• mdritter3d

@apeterson8809 said...

Random question. . . What type of bankrolls do you think these guys like Chipotle and Awesemo have? Awesemo had 25 entries in the $555 last night and min cashed one. Definitely not dogging on these high rollers at all, and I’m all about playing high stakes, but I’m guessing they have between 20 to 50k or more a night. . . Even the best players experience variance, its unavoidable, can’t imagine what a downrun for them would look like. . .

To keep this post on topic, here’s my tournament strategy for tonight (since I don’t do this for a living I only play tournaments, I do free h2h’s with some buddies or anyone who sends me a h2h, but that’s about it)

400k Alley Oop, 1x
    215k triple threat, 2x

My strategy with this type of line up; I’ll build out two slightly different cores, one for the alley-oop and one for the Posterizer 3max. One of the triple threat builds and the mid-range jumper will use the alley-oop core but mixing in other value plays I liked. The other triple threat and $25 3max will use the Posterizer core & will mix a few value plays up. The strategy is fairly concentrated but when it hits almost every lineup hits and so far this year has put me in a position to take down a cpl GPPs.

On a day to day basis, we often get caught up in the individual plays people are making. I’d be curious to hear about other peoples tourney line up strategy because I know mine isn’t the best, it’s just been working for me quite well this year.

solid write up…love the 40$ single entry one…

• monarch

I don’t see Teague or Bjelica playing tonight. Both are still in pain according to shootaround, they don’t need them tonight and they have a game tomorrow in New Orleans. Seems like the GTD is more gamesmanship than anything.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@gausman7 said...

Otto should monster Wiggins . This has “ceiling game” potential with usage bump, rebound potential, and matchup

yup :)

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@cbsharpe said...

Okay my bad….just trying to help out. Good luck to you.

yea beal may hit value but not ceiling. you tried man all we can do is offer advice. for his price i’m fine sticking in the 6k range on my guard plays for the night.

• vandymark

@KATburger said...

and i’ll say again the place to target against the wolves is not perimeter shooting. Its midrange (morris and porter) and PITP (gortat and porter)

I’ll take the 36% usage rate with Wall not playing. I agree with Porter being a great pivot off of him, but Beal will get his tonight. I’ll take the lower ownership though, thanks ;)

• superjon

@KATburger said...

@superjon where did you get those bad boys!!! ?(x values)

https://basketballmonster.com/dfsdailysummary.aspx

Under the ratio column.

• monarch

Gary Harris kinda cheap for 30-35 mins/game and against a UTAH team that is best attacked from the perimeter. I think he matches up with rookie Mitchell for much of the night.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@queensfinest said...

hopefully we get the teague news before lineups lock. we might not considering he is a game time decision and that game is an hour after lock. would suck if we dont

I said it on the blog but i’m just going to go on record here. Tyus and Frazier paired with LBJ or ABC is a tough combination to actually take down a GPP .. this is just my opinion obviously but LBJ and Tyus combined salary $15,600 and probably fetching 80-85 fpts .. i’ll take Rubio/Mitchell for a combined $11,900 to get me to 75-80fpts and have $3,700 remaining. You do not have to roster a star every night. There’s times where we say you have to, and there’s times where we say you don’t have to. Anyone hoping for more than 25fpts from Tim Frazier or Tyus Jones tonight may be feeling a little pain if there stud doesn’t hit 6x or more value. If your paying up today your basically stating, their getting 70fpts by themselves. If your fading them your saying they don’t get more than 60.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@superjon said...

https://basketballmonster.com/dfsdailysummary.aspx

Under the ratio column.

ahhhh bad ass thank you!!!

• bigkino217

blake has a sprained mcl. cippers prices gonna skyrocket

• moped_jones

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

So I’m normally a $1 GPP guy but last night I was feeling frisky and played the $3 Sharpshooter on DK, played six line ups ($18) and 4/6 cashed for a total sum of $29. Should I play the profits of $11 tonight or take it easy and play a single bullet for $1 and give myself a night off basically and try to play 6 line ups in the $3 sharp shooter again on Wednesday? I’m not super confident on where I want to go on this slate.

I’d safe it for a better slate. Tomorrow has some great matchups. Really looking forward to WAS/PHI.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@apeterson8809 said...

400k Alley Oop, 1x
    215k triple threat, 2x

This is informative. I guess overall my tournament strategy needs more work. I’ll run a train at times and at times i’ll stick my more balanced gpp lineups into the single entry. On a night like tonight where people will be value PG & LBJ/ABC heavy I like the fact that i’ll be going against a lot of those lineups when i feel the balanced approach is better. But overall I try to keep a really strong core in the lineups I make and differentiate 3-4 pieces and roll those lineups into the same tournaments together. So definitely train like. If one hits usually a couple more will. I really limit my player pool this year compared to last. Just gives me a better feeling then doing say 20 lineups and having 60-70 players running. I try to top out at 15 players when possible. Haven’t really gone above that amount. I use to be a 7-10 lineup kind of guy (last year) now i’m more of a 1-4 lineup kind of guy.

• moped_jones

@mr_papageorgio said...

I kinda want to play Whiteside tonight given what DJ did to the Cavs recently but I’m worried about his minutes. Anyone know if he’s in the doghouse?

They don’t have the luxury of having a doghouse for one of their stars. This is a team competing for an 8th seed.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@hsfgsteele said...

If Teague is playing, do you guys like him? Teague/Ellington or Rubio/WCS

I like rubio/wcs but i’m biased there because those are guys i’m 100% on.

• hsfgsteele

@KATburger said...

I like rubio/wcs but i’m biased there because those are guys i’m 100% on.

Thanks for the reply, I’m a degenerate so entered both anyways.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).