• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Miami ( 4 ) at Cleveland ( -4 ) —- T: 209
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Denver ( 2 ) at Utah ( -2 ) —- T: 207
    10:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -7 ) at Sacramento ( 7 ) —- T: 198.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• moped_jones

@DontTrustTheProcess said...

DUde you’re missing my point. Nevermind.

Don’t give up now. You are so close.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@bigkino217 said...

i dont think anyone is getting your point.

Ok .. i know what he’s trying to say … so take it or leave it

The air inside the arena. Doesn’t just magically appear people. It comes from … … …. … where does air come from? Oh its just ‘THERE’ .. Anyone familiar with HVAC? you have to have airflow and air circulation so air is pulled in from outside and air’s blown outside … if it wasn’t……

We’d die from poisoning. So to say that the air in the arena doesn’t apply to these players is crazy… I’ve lived in Minnesota… and I’ve lived in Arizona… where there is elevation above sea level your body feels it. The moment you land from the plane, the moment you begin to jog all of it … whether your indoors or outdoors is irrelevant its STILL THE SAME AIR

lol rant over

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@moped_jones said...

Don’t give up now. You are so close.

Naw i got this down below.. and if anyone wants to debate what i said they can refer to google lol

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@colb24 said...

I’m 100% with you trying to get Favors in just a weird feeling he performs tonight.

Yea man, its driving me nuts actually lol

• queensfinest

eric bledsoe or donovan mitchell??

• xat3x

Can someone talk me off John Henson? I just feel dirty. Maybe a logical pivot in the Util spot?

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@DontTrustTheProcess said...

Let’s say that the Jazz are playing in Denver tonight. If someone posted on here “I’m not going to roster any Jazz players because of the thin air effect”. Would you agree? Yes or No?

no .. but to deny science is crazy. I’m playing them still, but the air is thinner in higher elevation this really shouldn’t even be a debate because someones 100% right in his point and those who disagree need to study some earth science lol

• JPAIN23

Looking for some advice. Been a FD guy, had success early on but I’m at the point I am just a player away. What do I need to know about difference from FD to DK. I get everyone has lives but can anyone give me some insight. I am so close yet so far away

• moped_jones

@KATburger said...

Naw i got this down below.. and if anyone wants to debate what i said they can refer to google lol

I was being sarcastic. Typically when someone is losing an argument online they will say things like “you just don’t get it, nevermind!” trying to make it seem as if you are the stupid one for not understanding their dumb thought.

• jglumsic

Well Chandler is out. And Middleton is apparently sick. Always gotta get that one piece of totally unexpected news to shake things up.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@moped_jones said...

I was being sarcastic. Typically when someone is losing an argument online they will say things like “you just don’t get it, nevermind!” trying to make it seem as if you are the stupid one for not understanding their dumb thought.

lol i know i got you. I’m just trying to change the conversation off of thin air lmao :)

• bigkino217

@jglumsic said...

Well Chandler is out. And Middleton is apparently sick. Always gotta get that one piece of totally unexpected news to shake things up.

middleton being out would make me have to change a lot of lineups even though i dont have much of him lol

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@jglumsic said...

Yup said it last night.. small slate.. only couple people to eyeball (teague/booker) .. and it grows exponentially throughout the day. Chandler i expected to miss though.. and everyone to flock to Will Barton … so i’m G Harris and Lyles. lol … my crazy ass :)

• jglumsic

@bigkino217 said...

middleton being out would make me have to change a lot of lineups even though i dont have much of him lol

I just had him in a couple of lineups. Makes me like bledsoe more now if he is apparently out.

• jglumsic

@KATburger said...

Yup said it last night.. small slate.. only couple people to eyeball (teague/booker) .. and it grows exponentially throughout the day. Chandler i expected to miss though.. and everyone to flock to Will Barton … so i’m G Harris and Lyles. lol … my crazy ass :)

Last time you got me on Lyles dude absolutely crushed haha. I may have to jump back on that wagon with you.

• bobthegambler

I’m a new guy here. This is my first post or reply ever to this forum. I found your question about Chipotle and Awesomo interesting…I am intrigued about these guys that supposively play fantasy sports for a living and I am curious just like you. I found this podcast:

https://rotogrinders.com/podcasts/daily-fantasy-fix-interview-w-1-ranked-dfs-player-awesemo-2097662

It is an interview with Awesomo. After I listened to it, I knew I wanted to take this stuff more serious. I could be totally wrong, but I doubt it, when I say I believe I have a higher IQ than this guy. If he is the standard and one of the top players in the world…I believe I can be successful at this, too. I am not impressed with the things he said in the podcast. I’m self employed, work from home mostly, married, father of 3 girls, not rich, middle class, have about $60k in play money, and access to more if thats what it takes to run my new “fantasy venture” as a business.

If Awesomo is the leader of the pack and the one making all the money at this game…I’m up for the challenge to get to his level. Again, after listening to the podcast, he doesn’t seem to be a rocket scientist. If he can do it…my gut tells me to sell my boat and golf clubs and tell my wife no more fishing or golf league. My spare time will be spent on my new hobby…daily fantasy basketball. To be clear, ABSOLUTELY NO DISRESPECT TO AWESOMO.

I played basketball thru high school, I use to be a referee, and I’ve followed the NBA for a long time (big Lakers fan in the 80s Magic vs Bird). I have plenty of general basketball knowledge, a complete understanding of how daily fantasy scoring works, a reasonable bank roll, and an NBA league pass subscription to watch all the games. To be good at something you have to go about it the right way. If you want to be paid a professional salary from DFS it is necessary to act like a professional.

I’m not going to give up my day job, but I am giving up all my hobbies, except for family time, to devote energy to this and see if I can get to Awesomo’s level. Awesomo said the best day he ever had was “somewhere between 100k and 200k” and the worst day he ever had he lost “100K”. I have no idea how many plus 100k days he has before he has a minus 100k day but if he’s playing that kind of money for as long as he has been playing…he has to be doing something right to sustain.

Having more knowledge about the players and their likelihood for success or failure on a given day is absolutely the #1 key to success. The #2 key is gambling strategy. I don’t know enough about gambling strategy and money management for DFS yet…but I hope to meet some “friends” here that will share some advice.

Thanks and good luck to you and anybody else that reads this. Please reply with thoughts.

• bigkino217

@jglumsic said...

I just had him in a couple of lineups. Makes me like bledsoe more now if he is apparently out.

i would need to get more bledsoe and rethink fading giannis lol

• kps3205s

@queensfinest said...

eric bledsoe or donovan mitchell??

Playing both in 1 of my LU’s and Donovan Mitchell only in my 2nd LU as I primarily play balanced.

• upgradetoquestionable

Why does Mike Malone hate Faried, and will he announce Faried as the starter 1 minute or 2 minutes after lineup lock?

• bigkino217

@jglumsic said...

Last time you got me on Lyles dude absolutely crushed haha. I may have to jump back on that wagon with you.

wait when did lyles crush? he’s barely hit 20 FP once each on FD and DK.

• jglumsic

@bigkino217 said...

wait when did lyles crush? he’s barely hit 20 FP once each on FD and DK.

Well the night i was playing him was at 3k on DK. And he went over 6x. It allowed me to stack studs so it paid off so thats why he worked. But now he is higher priced.

• americanpaleale

Since no one is talking about either one…think I’m playing Dunn and TJ Warren in all my lineups. I’ll take 35 and 45 fpts from them again.

• Shoebot

I have been rostering Markieff every night out these past couple weeks and unfortunately I cannot hop off yet. Stretch 4’s against Minnesota will crush all year and hes getting 30 minutes a night now not clicking the lock button tonight as I did in their last game but will have my fair share, pray for me.

• hanyo66

Maxing out the quarter arcade with 100% Jokic and Cauley-Stein! Let’s go!

• achubs

Anyone seeing Brogdon getting a nice bump?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).