• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 3 ) at Charlotte ( -3 ) —- T: 198.5
    7:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -12.5 ) at Brooklyn ( 12.5 ) —- T: 217.5
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -6.5 ) at Milwaukee ( 6.5 ) —- T: 212
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 5 ) at New Orleans ( -5 ) —- T: 217
    8:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 13.5 ) at San Antonio ( -13.5 ) —- T: 196.5
    9:00 PM EST : Houston ( -2 ) at Utah ( 2 ) —- T: 202

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• mattyice522

@jon2anderson said...

Narrative street: Evan Fournier brother is a huge DK player and was making fun of him over thanksgiving for being priced under 6K. I expect Fournier to ball as hard as he can to get close to 7K to show his brother up – they’ve always had a huge rivalry.

I love it.

• ScofieldReturns

delly revenge game?

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

So recently to start the day, before I read anything from anybody else, I look at the first look and put the info into my own Excel and then I go through each team and note guys I would consider playing (with more of a cash-game mindset than GPP, mind you).

I only arrived at 25 different players tonight and only 6 of them were under 5K… 3 of them being the extremely risky Clippers backups. I made a lineup with it and the highest I could get up to was LeBron. I’m not seeing much value I like tonight, although this Clippers news could change that.

• JSteele

Fading the brow today. He’s going to get hurt diving into the crowd after nick young clanks a 34 ft 3 pointer during the first quarter

• TheNatural

Any idea when the Lineup Builder will update to allow optimization for the different slates tonight? Only main slate available right now.

• JimmyDick85

I’ve played around with all of them. Even with the different emphasis of the different models, I find them to be relatively similar (which makes some sense as they are all fed by the same projections). I’m not saying they are bad for GPPs, just that I’ve seen far more improvement in cash rate vs. ROI in GPPs in a relatively small sample size. With the amount I play, one extra night cashing each week and it more or less pays for itself…

• captainspaceface

@TheNatural said...

Any idea when the Lineup Builder will update to allow optimization for the different slates tonight? Only main slate available right now.

So it will come out eventually, right? It’s not like RG removed optimization for different slates? NFL has the different slates up.

• millerto

@jon2anderson said...

they prob don’t live here and if they did why the F would they celebrate Thanksgiving

cus they like ham. Obviously. Therefore, Fournier goin HAM tonight.

• DomTwan

@JimmyDick85 said...

I’ve played around with all of them. Even with the different emphasis of the different models, I find them to be relatively similar (which makes some sense as they are all fed by the same projections). I’m not saying they are bad for GPPs, just that I’ve seen far more improvement in cash rate vs. ROI in GPPs in a relatively small sample size. With the amount I play, one extra night cashing each week and it more or less pays for itself…

True, it takes a WHILE to get a good sample size for GPPs as they are so extremely volatile.

Cash games are the steady, safe route for building a bankroll. Play most of your roll in cash, and hope to hit a few big scores in GPP that can propel your bankroll to the next level very quickly.

• S7ubs

@California_Cool said...

I dont think anybody is sleeping on him. I think he is great for cash games, but for gpps his ceiling is capped around 45. He’s just not getting the usage of the past. Parker,Patty, Green, LMA, Gasol..they’re all jacking up shots, and thats taking away the upside of kawhi.

So if Kawhi hits 6x, Lebron hits 6x and tie mid tier value hits 6-8x you’re saying you can’t take down a Gpp? I like my chances with that over Harden AD hitting 5-6x and your 3k punts hitting 10x

• IronMonkey415

Your way with Kawhi and Lebron seems safer the more I look at it.

• bigkino217

@TheNatural said...

you can tell the lineup builder to exclude the players that aren’t on the slate you’re looking at

• Hogwired

Most total points tonight — Bojan or Crawford??

• JimmyDick85

@S7ubs said...

So if Kawhi hits 6x, Lebron hits 6x and tie mid tier value hits 6-8x you’re saying you can’t take down a Gpp? I like my chances with that over Harden AD hitting 5-6x and your 3k punts hitting 10x

Those numbers do overstate it a bit… Hypothetically, let’s say it takes 350 to take down a GPP. If you start with LeBron/Kawhi and each hits 6x, then you need ~7.5x from the rest of your lineup to hit 350. If you start with AD/Harden and each hits 5.5x, you need a little over 8x from the rest of your roster. Drop it to 5x for the studs, and you’re more like 8.5x.

Not saying I disagree with your approach – I think LBJ is my favorite high end play of the night – but the gap between what you need from the rest of your roster with LeBron/Kawhi and Harden/AD isn’t quite as large as you suggest…

• Kilala

Any thoughts on DJ Augustin against SA PGs?

• chronoxiong

1. SF is the worst position tonight and also the main position to kill me the most this year. The punt options look like crap meaning it might be safe to go with the safe options.

2. Last year, the Spurs/Magic played two close games which was odd. Can they repeat that magic tonight?

3. Lamb has two straight games where he crushed value. Can’t wait for the point chasers to get killed by him eventually.

• Kujo2020

Not punting at SF tonight. Rolling with Bron and Hayward. It’s tempting to Pivot down to Kawhi from Lebron, but I don’t see Orlando keeping that came close. I’m taking risks at other position (C, PF, & SG).

I don’t think it’s crazy to play Blake over the Brow tonight. I could see Brooklyn keeping this game close the way the Clips have been playing lately.

• dkinginfo

@Kilala said...

Any thoughts on DJ Augustin against SA PGs?

I have him. Mills dropped like 40 last year both games against the Spurs also and everyone played except for Tony in one of those two. Weird huh.

• RobertoTomba

@chronoxiong said...

SF is the worst position tonight and also the main position to kill me the most this year. The punt options look like crap meaning it might be safe to go with the safe options. Last year, the Spurs/Magic played two close games which was odd. Can they repeat that magic tonight?

Orlando’s rotation just got blown up, so it’s hard to tell who will get the minutes. If you want talented SFs with a high floor in what should be a close game, take a look at CLE-MIL.

• jessedio

@ScofieldReturns said...

delly revenge game?

Doubt it. Considering Lebron and the Cavs are the reason he got a 38 million dollar contract.

• mattyice522

I think people are going to run into a brick wall tonight. We have gotten used to there being sub 4k (FD) solid value plays for the past several nights. I do not think they are there tonight…

• BUFUu2

anyone else think griffin is way over priced

• Boomtown25

Thoughts on fading Davis or Harden in cash? I think Harden is fadable against Utah, but I always feel I need one of these top boys in the mix in cash…..

• gregredenbaugh

Stefan Bondy ‏@SBondyNYDN 1h1 hour ago

Courtney Lee sprained his shooting hand in game against Atlanta. He said it doesn’t impact his shot.

LOL!!

• roomchat

@mattyice522 said...

I think people are going to run into a brick wall tonight. We have gotten used to there being sub 4k (FD) solid value plays for the past several nights. I do not think they are there tonight…

Agreeance.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).