7:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -6 ) at Orlando ( 6 ) —- T: 212.5
    7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 8 ) at Toronto ( -8 ) —- T: 206
    7:30 PM EST : Miami ( -1 ) at New York ( 1 ) —- T: 201
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 11.5 ) at Houston ( -11.5 ) —- T: 224
    8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 5 ) at New Orleans ( -5 ) —- T: 218
    8:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 8 ) at San Antonio ( -8 ) —- T: 195.5
    8:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 0 ) at Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Golden St ( 0 ) at LA Lakers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superstars92

I wanna play Nic Batum with Kemba out, but I really don’t think that’s a responsible thing to do. In a vacuum, he’s a good play, but not the way he’s been playing so far and especially with that elbow injury which is affecting his shooting, dribbling, and passing. I’ll go with the fundamental pick here rather than the stats pick.

• KindGuy

Knicks fan here. Dragic and James Johnson are going to destroy us tonight.

• jglumsic

@DirkDigglerz said...

Love my Westbrook AD lineup.. WB AD Otto Kelly Oubre Lance MCW Lamb and Satoransky… Feel Free to copy or judge

Loving me some Lance tonight. He has been on fire lately.

• KindGuy

@superstars92 said...

I wanna play Nic Batum with Kemba out, but I really don’t think that’s a responsible thing to do. In a vacuum, he’s a good play, but not the way he’s been playing so far and especially with that elbow injury which is affecting his shooting, dribbling, and passing. I’ll go with the fundamental pick here rather than the stats pick.

He’s an awful player who belongs somewhere over in Europe. On my do not play list.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@bjacksonibew said...

I Agree he’s in a good spot especially if kemba is out

He is out.

• DirkDigglerz

@jglumsic said...

Loving me some Lance tonight. He has been on fire lately.

Yep and looks like he’s blowout proof tonight.

• DirkDigglerz

Fadng Booker. With Avery Defense

• jglumsic

@DirkDigglerz said...

Yep and looks like he’s blowout proof tonight.

Yea he will definitely get mins even in a blowout.

• bjacksonibew

@odeethedon said...

My thoughts on tonights slate for DK GPP:
    PHO vs DET
    Drummond should play well in a pace up spot but his price is too high for me at 9200. Tobias Harris is in a good spot as well as Reggie Jackson, who usually plays well against the Suns, and Ish Smith. Avery Bradley doesn’t have much upside at 6100 but has a good matchup tonight.
    Booker on B2B going against Bradley. I’m not looking at him tonight. The Suns scoring should funnel to Warren with Booker getting locked up by Bradley. The sneaky play from this game is Monroe. I think the Suns coach lets him eat tonight against his former team, who he has played very well against, and he sat last night so he should be fresh for tonight.
    OKC vs ORL
    Westbrook usually kills the Magic who are horrible against PGs. Fire him up for 60-70 tonight. Paul is too pricey at 8600 but is in a great spot and Carmelo has barely been hitting value all year. I like Adams for his price.
    On the Magic I like Payton, Gordon, and Vucevic. Gordon has the best matchup against Melo. All the action should funnel through them since Simmons and Fournier are going to get locked up on the wing by George and Roberson.
    Was vs Philly
    For Philly, I like Simmons if he plays, Redick, Saric, Covington, and McConnell if Simmons sits. Covington always plays well against the Wizards. Embiid is priced a little to high for me tonight.
    For Washington, I like Beal, Porter a little bit, Morris a little bit, and Oubre a little bit. I also like Satoransky for some salary relief if needed. I like Beal to bounce back tonight and should be low owned due to the price increase and him playing terrible last night. I’m a Wiz fan and he always plays well against Philly, who struggle against SGs.
    MIA vs NY
    Porzingis is too cheap and Miami has no one who could really guard him. Hardaway Jr. is in a good spot but his price is a little high at 6500. Kanter should be a good, low owned play coming off an injury. Courtney Lee has been playing well lately and could have a good night as well.
    Dragic and Whiteside should bounce back tonight. Dragic’s price is a little high at 7600 but he has a good matchup against the Knicks PGs. The Knicks have been ok against centers this season but I think Whiteside will play well. He has been getting under 30 minutes lately but those minutes should be there against a big Knicks frontcourt. I also like Tyler Johnson for the Heat.
    CHA vs TOR
    Lowry and Derozan both have good matchups and have most of the usage for the Raptors. I also like Powell and Siakam for them. Valanciunas would kill his price if he ever got some minutes.
    With Kemba out, MCW gets the start and has been playing well off the bench in limited minutes this season. Even though he will be chalk, keep in mind he has great upside and can rack up peripheral stats. I like Howard tonight, who looks rejuvenated this year in Charlotte. Monk may see an increase in minutes with Kemba out and has good upside for his price at 3600. I also like Marvin Williams for salary relief and he usually plays well against Toronto. Batum hasn’t played that well coming off injury but should see an increase in usage with Kemba out. Lamb has been playing well lately and should see an increase in minutes as well.

I’ll finish up the rest of the games when I get the chance.

This dude just wrote a damn novel, I think he just made my day easier I’ll just read this and skip the rest of the damn forum lol

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

First, at 9.2k you don’t need 6x, 5x will do especially with all the value out there.

In a large field GPP on DK you will need more than 5x from Drummond at that price to finish high in a slate of this size. If this was last night, I’d say yes 5x could be enough, but not tonight.

Also, it’s early, but I’m not seeing all this value out there. MCW is not in a good match up and at 4.2k I’m not rushing to play him. More may open up as the day progresses, but so far this is looking like a one stud, one bargain, and then balanced night.

• jglumsic

Beal is actually an interesting play tonight. I know he burned everyone last night but that was against Jimmy Buckets D. Has a much better matchup tonight Sixers arent great against shooting guards. Ownership has to be low too. Just a thought and havent seen him mentioned today.

• superstars92

@DirkDigglerz said...

Fadng Booker. With Avery Defense

Well I don’t think Booker has a good game since it’s a b2b, but Avery Bradley is an overrated defender. Very underrated offensive player/rebounder for his height though.

His defense is blown out of proportion. Hence why Boston is the #1 defense despite losing him and Crowder, two supposedly good defenders (they lost IT3 a crappy defender too but if Bradley was indeed elite him and IT3 woulda cancelled each other out and Crowder was a good defender, so it doesn’t make sense for Boston to have gone from mid level defensively to #1 unless you think Kyrie is an elite defender).

Too short to guard any SGs. Bradley is most useful for ball pressuring smaller PGs. Any SG can post him up and shoot right over him. Why Bradley Beal had a good series last year vs. them in the playoffs.

Eye test makes it seem like Bradley is elite, but every stat shows otherwise. Even the raw stats so forget the analytical plus minus stuff (SGs like Beal have owned him in his career).

• DirkDigglerz

@superstars92 said...

Well I don’t think Booker has a good game since it’s a b2b, but Avery Bradley is an overrated defender. Very underrated offensive player/rebounder for his height though.

His defense is blown out of proportion. Hence why Boston is the #1 defense despite losing him and Crowder, two supposedly good defenders (they lost IT3 a crappy defender too but if Bradley was indeed elite him and IT3 woulda cancelled each other out and Crowder was a good defender, so it doesn’t make sense for Boston to have gone from mid level defensively to #1 unless you think Kyrie is an elite defender).

Too short to guard any SGs. Bradley is most useful for ball pressuring smaller PGs. Any SG can post him up and shoot right over him. Why Bradley Beal had a good series last year vs. them in the playoffs.

Eye test makes it seem like Bradley is elite, but every stat shows otherwise. Even the raw stats so forget the analytical plus minus stuff (SGs like Beal have owned him in his career).

Booker is an undersized SG too. He did limit uncle Drew the last game

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@elementasrat said...

He’s an awful player who belongs somewhere over in Europe. On my do not play list.

So Batum triple-double incoming, load up?

• caleb21scott

MCW may not be able to shoot but he can play defense….I mean they have to keep the guy around for something right?

• thetitanlb

@frugal said...

FWIW, They are limiting Smith as he’s been kinda bad. I have high hopes he’s going to develop into a stud, but the he’s streaky, turns the ball over a lot, isn’t a very good defender, and the while the Mavs should play him 35+ all the way to the lottery they feel they owe Dirk the most competitive team they can. As such, he’ll largely split minutes with Barea and when they do share the floor DSJ plays the 2.

Yeah i guess the Dirk thing makes sense. Just seems to me they are bound for the lottery so why not play the rookie and let him develop. But yeah

• caleb21scott

shhhhhh ;)

• bucherpsu08

From fantasylabs – When Walker has been on the bench this season, the Hornets have averaged 89.4 points per 100 possessions. That’s pathetic.

• zigger77

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

@caleb21scott said...

MCW may not be able to shoot but he can play defense….I mean they have to keep the guy around for something right?

Are you saying mcw isn’t an elite player? He won rookie of the year #god

• superstars92

@DirkDigglerz said...

Booker is an undersized SG too. He did limit uncle Drew the last game

Yea I mean Booker is on a road b2b. That’s probably worse for him than Bradley is all I’m saying. Not on Booker at all tonight.

But I agree Bradley is a great on ball defender against smaller PGs (Irving, Curry, etc.), but against a bigger SG, he will have issues since he’s just too short. He tries 110% defensively, but when you are giving up like 4-6 inches, it’s kinda hard to play against bigger SGs. Just the nature of the sport. Booker isn’t undersized. He’s 6’6”, which is regular SG height. He’s got 4-5 inches on Bradley, but like I said, road b2b would scare me off anyways.

• frugal

@superstars92 said...

I’ve wondered this myself. Defense is a team effort IMHO. Yes, great 1 on 1 defenders can shut a player down (big reason to fade Beal last night), but I just don’t see Bradley on the same level as Butler. I know different teams, different situations but Beal put up 19 and 25 points last 2 games vs Bradley. If you were on Beal last night, I see even more reason to be on him tonight. All that said…Bradley pretty much matched Beal in the last 2 H2H’s with 18 and 20 points…

EDIT: Whoops! got mixed up on the games tonight.

• gillio

Sneaky play on the night

Marcin Gortat

• zigger77

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

@gillio said...

Sneaky play on the night

Marcin Gortat

His minutes suck ass though. Played him last night and he got 20 minutes against towns/Gibson. Anything is possible but I still don’t understand how/why his minutes are high/low game to game

• superstars92

@frugal said...

I’ve wondered this myself. Defense is a team effort IMHO. Yes, great 1 on 1 defenders can shut a player down (big reason to fade Beal last night), but I just don’t see Bradley on the same level as Butler. I know different teams, different situations but Beal put up 19 and 25 points last 2 games vs Bradley. If you were on Beal last night, I see even more reason to be on him tonight. All that said…Bradley pretty much matched Beal in the last 2 H2H’s with 18 and 20 points…

Well I think we were talking about Booker vs. Bradley. Beal is vs. Philly tonight.

I just used Beal as an example of a somewhat bigger than Bradley SG that’s like Booker. Beal had like 6 27+ point games last year outa 11 games vs. Bradley (including 1 in which he got hurt so that shouldn’t even count). So really 6/10 27+ games (real points, so not fantasy, 27 real points is good), including doing well in the playoffs against him.

Not saying Bradley doesn’t try. He’s 110% defense. Tries so hard, harder than almost any player in the NBA (maybe Bev?), but when you are 6’2” and you have to defend other teams SGs (thanks to IT3 and Reggie Jackson), it’s kinda hard. If he was always defending other team’s PGs 1 vs. 1 he would be elite. The height difference kills him. Any SG can just post him up or pull up over him.

• KindGuy

I warned you guys on Monday about GSW and I’m going to warn everyone about Charlotte tonight. It’s a trap. I haven’t watched a lot of the Hornets this season but Kemba is the heart and soul of that time just like Stephen Curry is for the Warriors. Kemba is probably even more valuable when you consider the lack of talent the Hornets have. Every time I watch the Hornets, they look flat out TERRIBLE without Kemba on the floor. They look awful and so lost. I’m completely fading. I think they can blown out tonight.

If I was a betting man, I’d take Raptors ML and Raptors to cover -7.5. In terms of DFS value, this is an upgrade for Valanciunas as i predict the Hornets are going to be laying bricks all night long. Let’s just hope the Raptors starters can hit Value in 3 quarters. I see this being a 110-80 type of game.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).