NBA FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Golden St ( 0 ) at Toronto ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Indiana ( 4.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -4.5 ) —- T: 216
    10:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -3 ) at Sacramento ( 3 ) —- T: 234

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Ace15

@frugal said...

I know this has been said many, many times on this forum. But NBA defense isn’t a pure man to man game which aligns based on arbitrary position designation.

Agreed. Klaw probably will slow him down, but take him out of the game? Think there is a higher probability of him hitting/exceeding value especially on 3 game slate. How many games has Klaw/KD played without Curry/Draymond. Pop coached defense vs Nurse. Final thoughts on the STUDS tonight. I could be wrong, but going with my conviction/analysis.

1. LBJ
    2. KD

3, KLaw

• CJtheGrump

It’s Shaun Livingston turn to drop 50 and break the whole slate.

• kbsktbll88

@frugal said...

Looking at the usage of tonights starters, KD 40%, Klay 30%. If this game stays close, it’s all about them.

Only problem with Klay is his road splits are bad. He’s shooting 31% from 3 on the road this year.

• Ace15

@Epignosis said...

https://www.statmuse.com/musings/kevin-durant-earned-558-draftkings-points-versus-kawhi-leonard-in-game-1-79c78e1e

40% chance that he hits 50 on a 3 game slate where Raw points probably will be needed sounds good to me. Probably only 2-3 other guys on this slate who can hit 50.

• gaelicgirl

@dominicanpapi said...

I read somewhere, I forgot where, KD’s never scored more than 55 fantasy points against Kawhi.

This is their first meeting since the 2017 Western Conference Finals, which was KD’s first year with the Warriors. I’d be curious to see the sample size for that stat, if it includes Thunder-era KD, and how many times KD played without Curry.

• frugal

@kbsktbll88 said...

Only problem with Klay is his road splits are bad. He’s shooting 31% from 3 on the road this year.

If you think 1 of them is going to crap the bed, this game will likely be over in the 3rd.

• Mcgratsa

Bogdan/Bagley or SGA/WCS?

• kbsktbll88

@frugal said...

If you think 1 of them is going to crap the bed, this game will likely be over in the 3rd.

I don’t know if he’ll crap the bed, but at $7,400 his upside just seems very limited. I think they’ll keep it close though since Raptors haven’t been blowing teams out. I feel like either Cook or Jarebko are going to step up tonight.

• blakevoiles

Can’t compare Harden’s last two game situations to KD’s tonight. Last two games Harden was playing two awful defenses. KD has to play the best on ball perimeter defender in the league. Not to mention, the man doesn’t foul. Kawhi has more career steals than he does fouls. Less free throw trips for Durant.

• kps3205s

@Pandamonious said...

Shumpert, McDermott, Bradley, KCP? Iggy? Bradley, Hart?

Which punt is breaking the slate? It’s not Giles or Livingston is it?

Running Shumpert and McBuckets in both of my LUs tonight on DK in order to play the peeps I want. I feel raw points will be needed tonight and balanced is not the strongest bet which is against how I’ve been playing.

Congrats on the big win the other night.

• captainwacky

@frugal said...

I don’t even think one of them has to crap the bed for this game to be over in the third. Warriors always get the other team’s best punch, Toronto wants to show they belong, and their depth is outstanding. This is gonna be monstrously tough for the warriors to stick around (obviously doable because KD is absurd and Klay can get going), but the logistics are just difficult. The raptors bench is so, so good, and their wings are going to decimate the non KD wings of the Warriors most of the time.

• Kmasonbx

@kbsktbll88 said...

Seems every other season he decides to shoot far worse on the road than he does at home (he’s shot worst on the road every year since the Warriors became the Warriors). Going with that pattern this would be the year he shoots much worse on the road.

• kbsktbll88

@Kmasonbx said...

Seems every other season he decides to shoot far worse on the road than he does at home (he’s shot worst on the road every year since the Warriors became the Warriors). Going with that pattern this would be the year he shoots much worse on the road.

Yeah he’s always been better at home. But this year he’s been especially bad on the road.

• Benf15harp

@frugal said...

I know this has been said many, many times on this forum. But NBA defense isn’t a pure man to man game which aligns based on arbitrary position designation. Additionally, NBA offense isn’t so simple as to allow a good defender to cover every shot a player takes. If the GSW/TOR game stays close, these is a very, very large chance it’s due to Durant getting his as his usage rate is 40% with tonight’s projected starting lineup. The Lakers starters are far, far more balanced with James having 26.2% usage rate. Ball’s usage is very low, so a replacement starter doesn’t necessarily impact James in a huge way either.

Imagine a world where Lebron’s usage is 26%

• monarch

I think TOR runs GSW tonight. Lowry and J Val can put up big numbers. I like Kawhi as well, he has shown up in the big games this season.

KD is okay for raw points but TOR has an army of defenders that can at least switch on him and make him take difficult contested jumpers.

LeBron kinda concerns me because it could be a slow game and the Lakers host Dallas tomorrow so his minutes ceiling might not be there.

I like Lowry, J Val and then a lot of options from Clippers/Kings.

• Benf15harp

@captainwacky said...

I don’t even think one of them has to crap the bed for this game to be over in the third. Warriors always get the other team’s best punch, Toronto wants to show they belong, and their depth is outstanding. This is gonna be monstrously tough for the warriors to stick around (obviously doable because KD is absurd and Klay can get going), but the logistics are just difficult. The raptors bench is so, so good, and their wings are going to decimate the non KD wings of the Warriors most of the time.

• frugal

@kbsktbll88 said...

I don’t know if he’ll crap the bed, but at $7,400 his upside just seems very limited. I think they’ll keep it close though since Raptors haven’t been blowing teams out. I feel like either Cook or Jarebko are going to step up tonight.

The Raptors actually have the second highest margin of victory in the league at 8.9 points and are on a 6 game winning streak with a couple massive blowouts. But GSW is the best team they’ve played since loosing to the Celtics in OT 7 games ago.

• Benf15harp

@monarch said...

I think TOR runs GSW tonight. Lowry and J Val can put up big numbers. I like Kawhi as well, he has shown up in the big games this season.

KD is okay for raw points but TOR has an army of defenders that can at least switch on him and make him take difficult contested jumpers.

LeBron kinda concerns me because it could be a slow game and the Lakers host Dallas tomorrow so his minutes ceiling might not be there.

I like Lowry, J Val and then a lot of options from Clippers/Kings.

Yeah but THIS bron game is on TV

• frugal

@captainwacky said...

The raptors bench is so, so good, and their wings are going to decimate the non KD wings of the Warriors most of the time.

That is my concern with the game tonight. Lowry and Kawhi don’t even have to play well for the Raptors to dominate as they don’t have anyone to really matchup with Siakam and Ibkaka/JVal not to mention the Raptors bench being much better than GSW.

• @Njsum1 said...

Avery Bradley is to making shots, like a camel is to_______.

drinking water!

• lukemiller42

I ran Dotson and frazier last night on my only gpp lineup, helped me cash into playing tonight. if you wanna ride this heater, im going Livingston too. I cant believe cook is going to be 40% owned

• Benf15harp

And the winner is

• captainwacky

This sounds weird to say, but who stops Pascal Siakam from imposing his will on the game? While his skillset and makeup is different, he’s essentially their version of Draymond in that he just impacts every play repeatedly (not that kawhi/durant, lowry/steph don’t, but you get the point), and the warriors are down their version of that dude.

• kbsktbll88

@frugal said...

The Raptors actually have the second highest margin of victory in the league at 8.9 points and are on a 6 game winning streak with a couple massive blowouts. But GSW is the best team they’ve played since loosing to the Celtics in OT 7 games ago.

Well they haven’t been covering at least. They’re 5-6-0 ATS this season.

• KindGuy

Ive been waiting for a KD-Kawhi rematch for like 1.5 years. I STILL contend that, had Kawhi not gotten injured, the Spurs would’ve beat the Warriors and went on to to beat the Cavs in the 2017 NBA Finals. They had Oracle Arena SHOOK before Kawhi’s injury.

No NBA DFS for me tonight. Just going to sit back, grab some popcorn, and enjoy the game.

In terms of prognosticating KD’s performance tonight, I think he struggles. He’ll get the Kawhi treatment but the Raptors still have two other very capable defenders in Siakam and Anunoby who can switch onto him when he comes off the billions of ball screens and picks that they run for him to get free.

I predict he’ll be low owned as you go up in stakes. The sharps don’t mess with Kawhi.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).