7:30 PM EST : Houston ( -8 ) at Atlanta ( 8 ) —- T: 213.5
    7:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 5 ) at New York ( -5 ) —- T: 223
    8:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 2.5 ) at San Antonio ( -2.5 ) —- T: 197.5
    8:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( -4.5 ) at Dallas ( 4.5 ) —- T: 213
    9:00 PM EST : Miami ( 5 ) at Denver ( -5 ) —- T: 214
    9:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 1.5 ) at Utah ( -1.5 ) —- T: 195.5
    9:30 PM EST : Boston ( 5.5 ) at Okla City ( -5.5 ) —- T: 205
    10:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 2 ) at LA Lakers ( -2 ) —- T: 224

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• jglumsic

@kps3205s said...

I don’t get the whole Ball hype. He has only hit true 4x/5x value only 4 times this year on DK.

I just think all the other pt guards around his price get you so much more. If he was more in the 6k range i’d consider playing him. He just doesn’t score enough to really hit value at his cost.

• iron_tactics

@mark83vt said...

As a public service announcement, I would like to let everyone know who my 100% plays are for tonight. As has been proven night after night over the last couple of weeks, anyone I have at 100% is doomed for total failure.

KCP
    Carroll
    Sabonis
    Lopez

Play these guys are your own risk. I REPEAT: Play these guys at your own risk!

My 100% curse doesn’t just cause a player to not hit value, it can usually hold them to single digits.

Last night’s victim: Brandon Paul (1.2 points)
    The previous night: Kelly Oubre (8.4 points)
    The night before that: John Henson (13.8 points)

Fair warning if you choose to play any of the players above! Good luck.

Wait, which Lopez?

• dmbtrip2004

@kps3205s said...

I don’t get the whole Ball hype. He has only hit true 4x/5x value only 4 times this year on DK.

yeah i will avoid Ball most times…

• DontTrustTheProcess

If Zingis is out tonight, besides Hardaway who the hell is going to score? Would Kanter’s usage go up?

• monarch

Ntkilina seems like a no brainer at 4k vs the Suns at home. He could reach value on just peripherals

• jglumsic

@iron_tactics said...

Wait, which Lopez?

Booker/Porzingod thinks the safer way to go with this Suns/Knicks game. But part of me wants to go with THJ/Warren just cause of how they have been goin crazy.

• jglumsic

Whoops didnt mean to reply to that with what i was saying. lol

• BUFUu2

@noddy said...

The problem is that if you want to win a big gpp tonight all your guys have to go off. It took almost 400 points Wednesday to win and tonight is a big slate like Wednesday. 20 points from one of your players and you won’t win anything.

good insight thank you

• frugal

@DontTrustTheProcess said...

Sabonis going up against Embid? No thanks! Good luck with that

Who has Embiid shut down this season?

Dedmon 10/9
    Capella 12/15 & 16/14
    Drummond 14/14

I have no fear rostering C’s against Embiid.

• JimmyDick85

I like DeMarre Carroll tonight as a guy with some upside on steals in a fast pace game against a turnover prone Lakers team. Think pairing him with the right cheap guys on LAL (Kuzma, Randle, KCP, maybe even Clarkson) will be the best way to open up salary unless we get some value with injury news.

• Njsum1

@Ndepompei said...

prices were set before last nights game…love lonzo tonight think he bounces back strong

Hey may bounce back, and he’s a really good real life basketball player. He knows how to make his teammates better, and his plus minus is fantastic. Yet he’s too unselfish and even when he shoots more than twice his shot isn’t very good, and to pay off his price tag he’s going to need to score a bunch of real life points. I’ve watched the last couple of lakers games….he gives the ball up too early to advance it that he’s not going to get enough assists even if he doesn’t score.

Until I see either a drop in his price or a difference in the way the lakers are runnning their offense, even against Brooklyn I’m going to have to pass. If he goes off tonight, I’ll have to make those points up elsewhere. To me he’s just unplayable in DFS right now.

• apeterson8809

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

Let’s talk roster construction; this slate looks like a mirror image of Wednesdays.
    Wednesday: ATL PHI, HOU NY, PHO WAS, IND CLE, etc
    Friday; IND@76ers, CLE@WAS, HOU@ATL, PHO@NY, BKN@LAL

Wed roster construction; Mid salary guys crushed ~ D Coll, B Beal, THJ, TJ Warren, Rubio, Sabonis, etc
    Applying that same logic for tonight. . . here are the difference makers (imo)

Devin Booker, 7,600 ~ puts up more DK pts than Beal did on Wed Night
    Dennis Schroder, 7,100 ~ matches D Collisons total from wed
    Kevin Love, 7,500 ~ 25+ pts & 15+ boards
    Cardiac Bro’s; THJ & TJW combine for over 79dk points

• frugal

With Nance out, Randle will probably start but I have a feeling Kuzma is the play.

• jglumsic

Is tonight finally the Harden go crazy night?

• eleanorRigby

Crowder might be a nice cheap pick this evening.

• JimmyDick85

@jglumsic said...

Is tonight finally the Harden go crazy night?

I’m in complete wait and see mode with Harden. I don’t know if the ceiling is as high as it was last year both because of the rule changes that keep him from getting to the line as often and because the team around him is just better than they were a year ago. Honestly, Westbrook at this point too. The talent hasn’t changed, but neither guy has to do the same heavy lifting as a year ago. The only guys I really trust at $11k and up these days are Giannis and Cousins. And AD, I guess, up to 49% exposure.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #43

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

With Nance out, Randle will probably start but I have a feeling Kuzma is the play.

Watching some of that game last night, Kuzma was electric and flying all over the place. That said, Randle can stuff the stat sheet quick. I think you can sprinkle shares of both in.

• Vanco

Lauri Markkanen at FD 6.8 is my favorite girl….no….hockey player….no…..mid range PF….yes! Hoiberg wanted him to start shooting more last game and tossed up 18 shots and 42 fdp against the heat with a 27% usage. In a pace up game going for 45-50 tonight.

• JimmyDick85

@yountingly said...

Watching some of that game last night, Kuzma was electric and flying all over the place. That said, Randle can stuff the stat sheet quick. I think you can sprinkle shares of both in.

At $4700 they’re literally interchangeable. I have 4 lineups right now, but it’s really two with the only difference being Kuzma/Randle.

• jglumsic

@JimmyDick85 said...

I’m in complete wait and see mode with Harden. I don’t know if the ceiling is as high as it was last year both because of the rule changes that keep him from getting to the line as often and because the team around him is just better than they were a year ago. Honestly, Westbrook at this point too. The talent hasn’t changed, but neither guy has to do the same heavy lifting as a year ago. The only guys I really trust at $11k and up these days are Giannis and Cousins. And AD, I guess, up to 49% exposure.

Yeaaa i totally agree with everything you have just said. But i also know he hasn’t had a night where he just goes nuts shooting the 3. The thing with Westbrook is he still gets triple doubles and he has been sitting out way more then he used to with blowouts and just the fact he can actually get rest with Melo and PG there now. With Harden he really still plays alot of mins regardless of it being a blowout or not just cause thats how D’Antoni system is. So i think his big game is coming. Tonight i think against schroder could be a good opportunity too.

• eleanorRigby

@yountingly said...

Would rostering both guys be a moronic move?

• mdritter3d

@iron_tactics said...

I can, vs CLE. I bet his ownership will be lower since he’s burned people in good spots already.

Love that game! Anyone vs Cleveland right now is a great play. Wall put up 60 against them last year. He’s gonna torch them.

• Ndepompei

Jokic at 8600?

• frugal

@JimmyDick85 said...

Looking at the averages, the rule change has absolutely impacted Harden reducing his FTA from 10+ in 3 of the last 4 seasons to 7.2 this season. As such, he’s getting 3.4 PPG less from FTM than last season and his PPG is…no surprise…2.5 less than last season. Another huge difference is his rebounding is down to 4.8 from 8.1 last season which has to do with Capela taking a huge step forward this season improving from 8.1 to 11.4 and the addition of Tucker to the 2nd unit where last season they really didn’t have any rebounding wings off the bench. Harden is bound to go off sooner or later, but his surrounding team is absolutely better which is good for him from a competitive perspective but bad for us from a fantasy perspective.

The players looking like they may end up in similar situations to Harden and Westbrook last season so far seem to be Lebron, Giannis, Prozingus, and the twin NOP towers. I agree as things progress I think Giannis might be the one unfadable player (he and Cousins have been neck and neck so far), but still a bit early to tell.

• noddy

@apeterson8809 said...

Let’s talk roster construction; this slate looks like a mirror image of Wednesdays.
    Wednesday: ATL PHI, HOU NY, PHO WAS, IND CLE, etc
    Friday; IND@76ers, CLE@WAS, HOU@ATL, PHO@NY, BKN@LAL

Wed roster construction; Mid salary guys crushed ~ D Coll, B Beal, THJ, TJ Warren, Rubio, Sabonis, etc
    Applying that same logic for tonight. . . here are the difference makers (imo)

Devin Booker, 7,600 ~ puts up more DK pts than Beal did on Wed Night
    Dennis Schroder, 7,100 ~ matches D Collisons total from wed
    Kevin Love, 7,500 ~ 25+ pts & 15+ boards
    Cardiac Bro’s; THJ & TJW combine for over 79dk points

Great post. I was already going balanced thinking the same thing. And that Gif is a great one

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).