7:30 PM EST : Boston ( 5 ) at Miami ( -5 ) —- T: 193.5
    7:30 PM EST : Houston ( 4.5 ) at Detroit ( -4.5 ) —- T: 197.5
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( 3 ) at Milwaukee ( -3 ) —- T: 200.5
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -2 ) at Atlanta ( 2 ) —- T: 211.5
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -3.5 ) at Chicago ( 3.5 ) —- T: 190.5
    9:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -7.5 ) at Utah ( 7.5 ) —- T: 201.5
    10:00 PM EST : Dallas ( -1.5 ) at Sacramento ( 1.5 ) —- T: 213.5
    10:30 PM EST : Portland ( 7 ) at LA Clippers ( -7 ) —- T: 206.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

RG Chat/Forum League: https://www.fanduel.com/entry/321303471?invitedby=dmurphy104&cnl=ba

• tmarohl

The guy who took fourth in the shot had Bayless and Mayo for a cool 5K. The scores to win in those $1 and $2 tournaments are always significantly higher than the $10 or $25 tournaments. If you are going to play those low stakes tournaments I would recommend playing the $2 sattelites for things like the Sunday Million or Megaslam. I won 9 megaslam tickets and 2 sunday million tickets tonight on about 20 $2 entries. The payoff is much higher. When you play the shot you can have a great score and maybe you win 4 bucks. Not worth the effort in my opinion.

• marino4ever

@xHotLineBlingx said...

lol who starts two scrubs at the same time?

Everybody? Starters + cheap + minutes + great matchup = playable… You know DFS has a salary cap right?

• cpp214

Thanks for the advice. I always play the “low stakes” tournaments because that’s all I feel comfortable spending on this hobby. I realize that the scores required to cash in higher stakes tourneys are much, much lower, but I don’t feel comfortable spending that type of money on a nightly basis. Congrats to the guys who have the money/balls to do that on a regular basis. I bet $10 and won $7.50 on FD tonight, so a net loss of $2.50. I can live with that

• tmarohl

@cpp214 said...

Thanks for the advice. I always play the “low stakes” tournaments because that’s all I feel comfortable spending on this hobby. I realize that the scores required to cash in higher stakes tourneys are much, much lower, but I don’t feel comfortable spending that type of money on a nightly basis. Congrats to the guys who have the money/balls to do that on a regular basis. I bet $10 and won $7.50 on FD tonight, so a net loss of $2.50. I can live with that

Let me give you an example. From my experience, you can enter 20 $2 entries in the shot. On a good night you may return $50-$100 bucks, unless you get really lucky and win the damn thing or place in the top 10. You could do what I did tonight, and invest those 20 $2 entries into sattelites. Those are small GPP tournaments for $2 with 71 total entries. The top 5 in those win a $25 ticket to megaslam or Sunday Million. I did that tonight and won 11 tickets worth $275.

• cpp214

@tmarohl said...

Let me give you an example. From my experience, you can enter 20 $2 entries in the shot. On a good night you may return $50-$100 bucks, unless you get really lucky and win the damn thing or place in the top 10. You could do what I did tonight, and invest those 20 $2 entries into sattelites. Those are small GPP tournaments for $2 with 71 total entries. The top 5 in those win a $25 ticket to megaslam or Sunday Million. I did that tonight and won 11 tickets worth $275.

That’s actually some really good advice. I’ve thought about entering satellites many times, but felt that the risk wasn’t worth the reward. Honestly though, rather than throwing shots in the dark (which is what I’m doing entering the Shot) that would probably be a much better way to go. Sorry for seeming like an ass earlier. I’m not trolling, honestly. I think I will start entering some satellites from now on, while still throwing a couple of entries in the Swat/Shot

• marvalgames

@tmarohl said...

Without knowing much about the satellites and how that can swing things in your favor. My problem is I can’t do one without the other :( / For example all lineups in the satellite I will still want to play in the low stakes GPP’s ( Just in case ) Now I’m playing double. Just don’t want to go through what can happen when playing 50/50 . Score big and win small (or in this case a ticket with the possibility of winning)

• Mikie5454

Came in 3rd in this chat league. Did nothing but read advice from all over the site about playing nba on fanduel. Just started playing nba this year too.

• noddy

I can’t break 250 on DK. So frustrating. I have no idea what to do to get better. I read everything on RG but it doesn’t help

• freshtodeathx

@noddy said...

I can’t break 250 on DK. So frustrating. I have no idea what to do to get better. I read everything on RG but it doesn’t help

Start by ignoring everything that is said here!!!

• noddy

Green and Bayless and then Dallas went cold after putting up 32 in the first Q

• ohiofox

@noddy said...

I feel your pain. 270 was my best last night and it was a last second balanced lineup that I only threw in a quarter arcade and won a whole $1.

I’m going to keep at it for a few more weeks to see if I can get this figured out. I’m doing good at NFL and I’ve been spending less time constructing those lineups since NBA started up. Before I start my daily NBA research today, I’m going to pick a lu and throw it in. Maybe I’m overthinking some things.

• mormi08

can someone tell me why the heck someone would have mcw in fanduel? the winners of the shot and the dribbler had mcw. like, these people got to know inside info…… who the heck would put mcw at that price w/ him not starting and only playing 14 minutes last game, i just find it impossible to believe that these people didnt have prior knowledge. if not, oh boy are they lucky.

• shockermandan

@mormi08 said...

can someone tell me why the heck someone would have mcw in fanduel? the winners of the shot and the dribbler had mcw. like, these people got to know inside info…… who the heck would put mcw at that price w/ him not starting and only playing 14 minutes last game, i just find it impossible to believe that these people didnt have prior knowledge. if not, oh boy are they lucky.

Remember there are a tremendous amount of entries in these little contests, and a lot of them are made with very little knowledge of what’s going on. These people may have thought MCW has been starting the entire season.

Usually 3-5% of the field in these low $ tournaments own stars on rest even when their sitting out is posted prior to lineup lock.

People are dumb. Sometimes it works out :).

• tmarohl

@cpp214 said...

That’s actually some really good advice. I’ve thought about entering satellites many times, but felt that the risk wasn’t worth the reward. Honestly though, rather than throwing shots in the dark (which is what I’m doing entering the Shot) that would probably be a much better way to go. Sorry for seeming like an ass earlier. I’m not trolling, honestly. I think I will start entering some satellites from now on, while still throwing a couple of entries in the Swat/Shot

The other advice I would give you is play some of the single entry, low stakes gpp’s and then you won’t run into people throwing out 200 different lineup combinations like you will in the swat.

• millerto

@mormi08 said...

How could you have prior knowledge that somebody was gonna have a good game? I bet MCW didn’t even know that was gonna happen.

I call it throwing darts. Enough people make enough entries and eventually pretty much every scenario is covered. People intentionally do things like start MCW just to differentiate their lineup. If it works, you win and everybody bitches. Yet they don’t see the 100,000 other darts that failed last night. I bet you several people rostered Luol Deng and got zeros. You’re not complaining about that? I picked Steven Adams in a lineup just to be different and I had a hunch. Didn’t work out. In fact it failed miserably. Now, imagine how many other people “had a hunch” a “gut feeling”. Some lucky SOB was sitting around hearing about Mayo and Bayless and thought “I got a feeling those guys are gonna be a letdown and MCW will come through”

• stats99tuff

Save the “tremendous entries” talk on MCW.. I was in a 1,300 player SINGLE ENTRY contest.. MCW is in the #1 lineup… I’ve never complained about picks but that one is a tad bit fishy n a SINGLE ENTRY 1,300 player contest…

• txdave41

@freshtodeathx said...

Start by ignoring everything that is said here!!!

So the RG picks should be the players to avoid? lol

• millerto

@stats99tuff said...

Save the “tremendous entries” talk on MCW.. I was in a 1,300 player SINGLE ENTRY contest.. MCW is in the #1 lineup… I’ve never complained about picks but that one is a tad bit fishy n a SINGLE ENTRY 1,300 player contest…

Okay so explain to me how prior knowledge would work. Somebody talked to MCW personally and he said “man I’m feelin it tonight. gonna be a good game”

You think the coach gave a heads up that he was getting more minutes? Sure, yeah millionaire coaches care about a DFS lineup. Even then, MCW played 28 minutes against the Kings and shot 0-7.

Seriously, how do you guys even imagine that somebody could have “prior knowledge” that a player was gonna go off? I’m telling you it was just blind luck for the people that picked him. They “had a feeling” and that’s it. The other day a few tourneys were won because Andrew Nicholson had a good game. Who? I mean how the hell. Somebody took a shot in the dark and it landed.

You can’t argue “prior knowledge” and not sound like a complete moron.

• stats99tuff

@millerto said...

Okay so explain to me how prior knowledge would work. Somebody talked to MCW personally and he said “man I’m feelin it tonight. gonna be a good game”

You think the coach gave a heads up that he was getting more minutes? Sure, yeah millionaire coaches care about a DFS lineup. Even then, MCW played 28 minutes against the Kings and shot 0-7.

Seriously, how do you guys even imagine that somebody could have “prior knowledge” that a player was gonna go off? I’m telling you it was just blind luck for the people that picked him. They “had a feeling” and that’s it. The other day a few tourneys were won because Andrew Nicholson had a good game. Who? I mean how the hell. Somebody took a shot in the dark and it landed.

You can’t argue “prior knowledge” and not sound like a complete moron.

i don’t see “prior knowledge “ in my post..

• Dmurphy104

• Blogger of the Month

@stats99tuff said...

No it’s not. Out of 1300 players, you will have ownership on probably everybody.

For it to be fishy, you are saying one of the following is a possibility:

1. Someone knew ahead of time based on inside knowledge that MCW would go off.
    2. NBA is fixed and they trigged it for MCW to go off and someone with inside information entered him into a GPP based on this fact
    3. The entry was modified after the fact.

So which scenario are you throwing out there as a possibility?

• TakeTheOver

The MCW talk is like reading bad beat stories on a poker forum……

• millerto

@stats99tuff said...

i don’t see “prior knowledge “ in my post..

Maybe not you, but somebody said “inside info”

• einars

@cpp214 said...

I realize that the scores required to cash in higher stakes tourneys are much, much lowe

false. the scores required to cash are much lower on the low stakes gpps. the scores required to WIN are lower in the higher gpps.

i always throw 40 entries into the swat because it is 2.5x min cash and usually has a cash line near the 50/50s

• Baal

I can see the logic behind MCW (I didn’t roster him since I had a bunch of other value guards that I liked more than him + MCW burned me a couple of times): 1) Bayless played like 43 min the day before and it’s a back-to-back, 2) MCW generally plays considerably better at home, 3) Jameer Nelson is pretty terrible defensively and coming off the bench and that is whom he would be primarily playing against, 4) He’s not as bad as he’s looked the previous couple of games and Kidd is going to give him a chance to work himself out of a slump if he’s having a good game off the bench, and 5) It’s a true contrarian pick which—if it hits—is also going to hurt 50% of the entries rostering Bayless. For a

• stats99tuff

@Dmurphy104 said...

No it’s not. Out of 1300 players, you will have ownership on probably everybody.

For it to be fishy, you are saying one of the following is a possibility:

1. Someone knew ahead of time based on inside knowledge that MCW would go off.
    2. NBA is fixed and they trigged it for MCW to go off and someone with inside information entered him into a GPP based on this fact
    3. The entry was modified after the fact.

So which scenario are you throwing out there as a possibility?

Lol it’s no need to do all this.. A forum is used to post how you feel.. I feel that IN THAT contest the MCW pick is bullshit.. CASE CLOSED… moving on.. Btw #3 would be the most logic.. 1 and 2 where just stupid because in that case I wouldn’t play DFS..

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).