Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

5:00 PM EST : Denver ( -4.5 ) at Sacramento ( 4.5 ) —- T: 207
    7:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 5.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -5.5 ) —- T: —-
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 13.5 ) at Houston ( -13.5 ) —- T: 236.5
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 14.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -14.5 ) —- T: 228.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Bodiaz36

After a dizzying, massive slate, now we have a much more manageable slate to navigate. The fundamental question will be, will there be enough value opening up to fit Harden and Giannis in the same lineup? I will fire up all the George Hills and Cam Reddishes I can in order to make that happen. Good luck to all

• JSteele

Gary Clark, Ben Mclemore, TJ revenge etc.

• celtics69

What do we make of Gary Clark is he a good punt to team with Harden.

• gaelicgirl

7:00 Indiana at Philadelphia (-4) — T: 206.5

• deepfat

Tread lightly today boys and girls. Everyone on B2B except HOU with blowout potential.

• Devmacsoom

Joel Embiid is gonna cook today against Miles Turner

• gaelicgirl

@deepfat said...

Tread lightly today boys and girls. Everyone on B2B except HOU with blowout potential.

ATL and IND coming off an OT game with travel, too…could be some traps today

• deepfat

@gaelicgirl said...

ATL and IND coming off an OT game with travel, too…could be some traps today

Cats are such a-holes.

• Njsum1

Although last night wasn’t a great night for me, as my low price and mid price plays were straight garbage, it was proof there’s still a major edge in NBA DFS.

Luka Doncic was 18% owned. WTF Seriously…I had 75%..he got 73 DK, one more rebound it was 80. A 9k Embiid 25%…with Horford and JRich out. Again 75% for me.

People don’t understand how good Luka is. The only team that had a shot of slowing him down was the clippers, I even said it. And in the first half he still put up numbers. They got him in the second though. Yet the clippers have 2 of the best wing defenders in the game, and a Pet Bev, and a hall of fame coach.

It was one of those annoying nights where I cashed 2 of 8 lineups, yet had 4 more lineups within 4 points of the cash line. Fell for that Thybull-sh#t 😁.

• Irisheric777

doubt embiid plays

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Irisheric777 said...

doubt embiid plays

We’ll see. It’s “Wonky Saturday,” so anything can happen. He’s supposed to play more back-to-backs this year. He sat one half of their first set this season, then played in both games of their 2nd set. I wouldn’t be surprised either way. I’m guessing he plays though.

• gaelicgirl

@Njsum1 said...

Luka Doncic was 18% owned.

He was only 50% owned in the 4-game slate I played last night, I was shocked!

Easy money

• Njsum1

@deepfat said...

I agree, blowout potential abounds, yet I don’t think we need to tread lightly.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

People don’t understand how good Luka is

Exactly. His price I’m sure induced some “sticker shock,” especially on “Black Friday,” but he was still worth every penny. Eventually people will figure it out, but until they do it’s to our advantage to keep plugging him in.

• deepfat

So far liking Devonte tonight. Treading lightly with ATL and IND players thus far.

• Njsum1

@gaelicgirl said...

He was only 50% owned in the 4-game slate I played last night, I was shocked!

Easy money

Haha…nice gif!

He was low owned because the projections didn’t like him. That’s the edge, find where the projections are overvaluing or undervaluing a play and either go overweight or underweight accordingly. Many people just go by projections.

• gaelicgirl

@Njsum1 said...

Haha…nice gif!

He was low owned because the projections didn’t like him. That’s the edge, find where the projections are overvaluing or undervaluing a play and either go overweight or underweight accordingly. Many people just go by projections.

Guess that explains it. I don’t even know where to find projections, but maybe I should start looking at them. I do have a few rules of thumb, though, and one of them is See Luka, play Luka

• Bodiaz36

I’m of the mindset that most everyone knows how good Luka is, the problem is every time he’s on a big slate, he’s so damn expensive (like Harden, Giannis) it takes a real Houdini act sometimes to have him in your lu, and make the rest of your roster look reasonable and worthy of putting out there. In turn, that will invariably suppress his ownership, particularly on big slates

• miggs6876

TJ revenge game in Philly. Might have some legs. Right now, I have Hill as my point guard WB and Trae. I really want to squeeze TJ in.

• Njsum1

@gaelicgirl said...

Guess that explains it. I don’t even know where to find projections, but maybe I should start looking at them. I do have a few rules of thumb, though, and one of them is See Luka, play Luka

Unless he’s playing the clippers…haha

• deepfat

@miggs6876 said...

TJ revenge game in Philly. Might have some legs. Right now, I have Hill as my point guard WB and Trae. I really want to squeeze TJ in.

How often do these revenge games have legs?

• getlucky4

Horford sat out yesterday, Embiid playing would be a miracle. Anyone going back to phi players because they love punishment. Harris, Horford and Simmons all average 1.2 fppm without embiid this year.

• Njsum1

@Bodiaz36 said...

I’m of the mindset that most everyone knows how good Luka is, the problem is every time he’s on a big slate, he’s so damn expensive (like Harden, Giannis) it takes a real Houdini act sometimes to have him in your lu, and make the rest of your roster look reasonable and worthy of putting out there. In turn, that will invariably suppress his ownership, particularly on big slates

I’d only hesitate to play Luka against really, really good defensive teams, or teams that play soooo sloooow. Like bottom 5 in pace top 5 defense. The suns are neither. Or if I have a feeling the opposing team has the ability to slow him if they want to, like the Clippers. In those situations mentioned above, I’d strongly consider the price.

Yet in all other situations, as long as he’s under 13k, I’m likely to be overweight. As you wrote, it can be tough to fit him in, yet you could have easily played Luka and Embiid last night.

My fault yesterday was that there was only one “real” value play on the slate and that was Biyombo. I tricked Myself into thinking thybulle and Korkmaz were good plays because I wanted to get more expensive guys in with Embiid and Luka. When I didn’t need to.

Last night, if you went Embiid, Luka, and Biyombo, you would have over 5k for the remaining 5 plays. If you didn’t use thybulle or Korkmaz, you would have done real well.

• Njsum1

@deepfat said...

How often do these revenge games have legs?

I don’t know. I don’t play narratives. The only one that really worked was Jabari in Milwaukee.

Here’s how I see it….if I like the matchup and price between two plays equally, meaning I have to like the plays without even considering the narrative, and I have to choose only one of the two plays, I’ll choose the play with the narrative. Yet that’s ONLY if I like the play without the narrative. 🤷‍♂️

• Petergunz82

@Njsum1 said...

I’d only hesitate to play Luka against really, really good defensive teams, or teams that play soooo sloooow. Like bottom 5 in pace top 5 defense. The suns are neither. Or if I have a feeling the opposing team has the ability to slow him if they want to, like the Clippers. In those situations mentioned above, I’d strongly consider the price.

Yet in all other situations, as long as he’s under 13k, I’m likely to be overweight. As you wrote, it can be tough to fit him in, yet you could have easily played Luka and Embiid last night.

My fault yesterday was that there was only one “real” value play on the slate and that was Biyombo. I tricked Myself into thinking thybulle and Korkmaz were good plays because I wanted to get more expensive guys in with Embiid and Luka. When I didn’t need to.

Last night, if you went Embiid, Luka, and Biyombo, you would have over 5k for the remaining 5 plays. If you didn’t use thybulle or Korkmaz, you would have done real well.

Ennis was the sneaky value.

Not sure if the Clippers slowed him down so much as blew them out. Luka had a beast 1st half and a subpar 2nd half. I don’t think he had a fantasy point in the 4th quarter. Not complaining as that was my best night in a long time, even with Luka

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).