Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

5:00 PM EST : Denver ( -4.5 ) at Sacramento ( 4.5 ) —- T: 207
    7:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 5.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -5.5 ) —- T: —-
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 13.5 ) at Houston ( -13.5 ) —- T: 236.5
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 14.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -14.5 ) —- T: 228.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

I am actually disgusted by it. They were winning that game the entire time by over 40 points. On the other side of the spectrum, Giannis had a record streak of consecutive double doubles going to start the season. Coach only let him play 19 minutes and he fell one rebound short. A team with any class pulls their starters when they get up by that much. Harden still out there at the end of the third quarter chucking when they are up by 57.

Can’t blame you for being disgusted. How many times did the Warriors stars sit 4th quarters when they were blowing teams out? That is what teams with class do, so that says something about the Rockets.
    Aside from that, it just galls me to see the media fluffing Harden and putting him in the same class as great shooters like Klay and all-time great scorers from the past. It’s like the difference between butter and margarine.
    One is real and the other is filled with artificial ingredients.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, scored 350 on FD with ABC, Rozier, Marvin, and RoLo. Wasn’t really following the game, so not sure what I really lost minute wise. Judging by the box score I’m guessing about 20-25 minutes total of playing time.

I had 354.5 and took 234th. Rozier played 30, so didn’t lose much there. Marvin played 19, so maybe lost three there. Giannis played 19, so lost about 13 there. Rolo played 24, so probably only lost a minute or two. I had pretty much the same guys as you except I had Westbrook instead of Rozier. Giannis gets those extra minutes and I am pretty sure I would be looking at a top 10 finish.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

I don’t even know if I want to play FD tomorrow. GS at Orlando – Blah. Utah @ Toronto – Ok, Washington at the Clippers – Ick. Blowouts killed me the last two days. Last night with Lebron and AD not getting full run, tonight with most of the Bucks riding the pine.

Yeah, I don’t know either. They could have just made one 4-game slate and called it a night, but I guess they wanted to get as much rake as possible by breaking it up into 2 slates. But sticking a game that starts 4-1/2 hours after lock into the 2nd slate is just egregious.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Can’t blame you for being disgusted. How many times did the Warriors stars sit 4th quarters when they were blowing teams out? That is what teams with class do, so that says something about the Rockets.
    Aside from that, it just galls me to see the media fluffing Harden and putting him in the same class as great shooters like Klay and all-time great scorers from the past. It’s like the difference between butter and margarine.

it’s one thing to put numbers up like that in a competitive game. it’s another thing to just pound on a beat down opponent to put up stats. Harden should have sat most of the second quarter, came out to start the third, and been riding the pine after about four minutes. That is what most coaches do. How would Rocket nation feel if Harden got injured in a game when they were up by over 50 and he is out there just chasing stats?

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

I remember the couple times that Klay did it, It was usually a end of first quarter, beginning of second quarter situation where he couldn’t miss, and guys were just feeding him the ball. It did not occur when the Warriors were winning by 50 plus.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

How would Rocket nation feel if Harden got injured in a game when they were up by over 50 and he is out there just chasing stats?

That’s a good question, but D’Antoni and Harden don’t seem to worry about things like that. All I know is that good coaches don’t run their players into the ground in games that are already won or lost.

• Njsum1

@tmarohl said...

I am actually disgusted by it. They were winning that game the entire time by over 40 points

Honestly, don’t see anything wrong with it. Harden didn’t play a single minute in the 4th quarter. And he only played 31 minutes. Fans got their money’s worth seeing Harden drop 60. It’s also entertainment, and people pay good money to attend. He played his normal rotation with 2 extra minutes in the 3rd and no 4th quarter minutes.

Don’t want to hear that the bucks have class. Giannis played his normal rotation. He always gets subbed out with around 6 minutes left in the 3rd. And comes back in with like 2 minutes left 3rd. In bad blowouts like tonight he doesn’t come back in. It’s not class, its just his rotation. It’s Also what makes Giannis a riskier play than Harden. On top of that, the Bucks almost sat him tonight, so they weren’t looking to push him.

Steph Curry plays a similar rotation as Harden, in blowouts he plays 28 to 31 minutes just like Harden did tonight.

Really don’t see the problem.

• tmarohl

@Njsum1 said...

Honestly, don’t see anything wrong with it. Harden didn’t play a single minute in the 4th quarter. And he only played 31 minutes. Fans got their money’s worth seeing Harden drop 60. It’s also entertainment, and people pay good money to attend. He played his normal rotation with 2 extra minutes in the 3rd and no 4th quarter minutes.

Don’t want to hear that the bucks have class. Giannis played his normal rotation. He always gets subbed out with around 6 minutes left in the 3rd. And comes back in with like 2 minutes left 3rd. In bad blowouts like tonight he doesn’t come back in. It’s not class, its just his rotation. It’s Also what makes Giannis a riskier play than Harden. On top of that, the Bucks almost sat him tonight, so they weren’t looking to push him.

Steph Curry plays a similar rotation as Harden, in blowouts he plays 28 to 31 minutes just like Harden did tonight.

Well, Giannis didn’t have his regular rotation, because he didn’t come back in with two minutes left in the first quarter like usual. He came back in to start the second quarter and played 7 minutes. He played the first 6 minutes of the third quarter and then was done. Harden shouldn’t have played much at all in the third quarter once they were up 50. That is just lack of class and stat hunting. You alter your rotations based on game situation. Every other coach in the league sits their key guys when they are up 40 or 50. Dantoni is the exception. Most coaches are looking to lessen the load on their stars. Just a douche move by Harden and Dantoni. It is not even arguable. They were fricking up by 45 points with 6 minutes to go in the third. Harden should have been done at that point. I’m not talking about DFS. I am talking about sportsmanship.

• gaelicgirl

@Njsum1 said...

You make good points, Njsum.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Well, Giannis didn’t have his regular rotation, because he didn’t come back in with two minutes left in the first quarter like usual. He came back in to start the second quarter and played 7 minutes. He played the first 6 minutes of the third quarter and then was done. Harden shouldn’t have played much at all in the third quarter once they were up 50. That is just lack of class and stat hunting. You alter your rotations based on game situation. Every other coach in the league sits their key guys when they are up 40 or 50. Dantoni is the exception. Most coaches are looking to lessen the load on their stars. Just a douche move by Harden and Dantoni. It is not even arguable. They were fricking up by 45 points with 6 minutes to go in the third. Harden should have been done at that point. I’m not talking about DFS. I am talking about sportsmanship.

You make good points also, tmarohl.

• tmarohl

With the above said, I have no clue why Trae Young was in the game in the fourth quarter either other than to pad his stats and keep his Fanduel salary high :)

• gaelicgirl

Maybe I’ll play NFL again tomorrow

the NBA games on FD are unappealing

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

With the above said, I have no clue why Trae Young was in the game in the fourth quarter either other than to pad his stats and keep his Fanduel salary high :)

I was under the impression that Harden was still playing in the 4th because of what someone said on here, so I was surprised when Njsum1 said that he only played 3 quarters. If Harden wasn’t still playing, then it makes no sense for Trae to play in the 4th quarter of a game that was most definitely lost. Crazy coaches?

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

I was under the impression that Harden was still playing in the 4th because of what someone said on here, so I was surprised when Njsum1 said that he only played 3 quarters. If Harden wasn’t still playing, then it makes no sense for Trae to play in the 4th quarter of a game that was most definitely lost. Crazy coaches?

On another note, Dragen Bender and Frank Mason got to play tonight. The Dragon looked really good offensively, but picked up four pretty quick fouls on Defense.

• tmarohl

The biggest beat down of the night though was during one of the timeouts. The Bucks do this half minute to win it promo. They pick a category and then a fan has 30 seconds to name the most of something they can, and they then go up against a Bucks player in a pre-recorded thing. Categories are usually like name the most MLB teams you can, name as many states as you can, etc. Tonight the category was name as many Disney characters as you can. Of course, the Lopez Brothers are Disney freaks. The fan had to go up against Brook. The fan named about 14, which is about 8 more than I would have came up with. Brook rattled off something like 54 of them in 30 seconds.

• Se7entyTimes7

@tmarohl said...

The biggest beat down of the night though was during one of the timeouts. The Bucks do this half minute to win it promo. They pick a category and then a fan has 30 seconds to name the most of something they can, and they then go up against a Bucks player in a pre-recorded thing. Categories are usually like name the most MLB teams you can, name as many states as you can, etc. Tonight the category was name as many Disney characters as you can. Of course, the Lopez Brothers are Disney freaks. The fan had to go up against Brook. The fan named about 14, which is about 8 more than I would have came up with. Brook rattled off something like 54 of them in 30 seconds.

Lol i need to see this

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

On another note, Dragen Bender and Frank Mason got to play tonight. The Dragon looked really good offensively, but picked up four pretty quick fouls on Defense.

Wow, I’m shocked they actually got playing time. Good for them. I’m chatting with Matt at FD about their odd choice to include the 10:30 game on tomorrow’s 6:00 main slate. I was shocked that he actually replied to my first request so quickly. It’s a night of surprises LOL

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

That sounds fun! The Warriors don’t do fan participation things like that, far as I know.

• gaelicgirl

Well, got an explanation from Matt that actually makes sense, so I feel less disgruntled now
    Chalk one up for FD customer service

• Njsum1

@tmarohl said...

Ok, so he got two less minutes in the 1st quarter, while the game was still close. That just gives evidence that the Bucks weren’t going to push Giannis tonight cause of his back, regardless of score. It’s not because the Bucks are a “classier” organization than the rockets.

Normally, I’d agree with you as D’Antoni has been known to play his stars in the 4th quarter during blowouts, or games that might not be complete blowouts, but are well in hand. Yet yesterday that wasn’t the case. He played the bench plus Mclemore (who’s essentially a bench player) the entire 4th. IMO..the rockets satisfied their fans and showed sportsmanship yesterday.

Side note…D’Antoni’s willingness to play his stars in the 4th in games that are borderline blowouts, makes Harden one of the safest bets in nba DFS. It was the reason that when someone posted they were going to tread lightly on yesterday’s slate, I posted that I won’t be, cause I knew I could lock in Harden and it would give me an edge, regardless if I hit or missed with the rest of my choices.

• tmarohl

@Njsum1 said...

Ok, so he got two less minutes in the 1st quarter, while the game was still close. That just gives evidence that the Bucks weren’t going to push Giannis tonight cause of his back, regardless of score. It’s not because the Bucks are a “classier” organization than the rockets.

Normally, I’d agree with you as D’Antoni has been known to play his stars in the 4th quarter during blowouts, or games that might not be complete blowouts, but are well in hand. Yet yesterday that wasn’t the case. He played the bench plus Mclemore (who’s essentially a bench player) the entire 4th. IMO..the rockets satisfied their fans and showed sportsmanship yesterday.

Side note…D’Antoni’s willingness to play his stars in the 4th in games that are borderline blowouts, makes Harden one of the safest bets in nba DFS. It was the reason that when someone posted they were going to tread lightly on yesterday’s slate, I posted that I won’t be, cause I knew I could lock in Harden and it would give me an edge, regardless if I hit or missed with the rest of my choices.

Well, I obviously don’t agree with you about Harden playing that much in a 50 point blowout. I just think it is the wrong thing to do. From a DFS perspective I agree with you because I was 90% Harden.

• Njsum1

@tmarohl said...

From a DFS perspective I agree with you because I was 90% Harden.

Nice 😎🍻🍀🏀

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).