• Blogger of the Month

3:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 10 ) at Milwaukee ( -10 ) —- T: 235.5
    6:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -4.5 ) at Brooklyn ( 4.5 ) —- T: 229
    6:00 PM EST : New York ( 7 ) at Washington ( -7 ) —- T: 226.5
    7:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 8.5 ) at San Antonio ( -8.5 ) —- T: 207.5
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( -3.5 ) at Phoenix ( 3.5 ) —- T: 210
    9:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 0 ) at Portland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:30 PM EST : Toronto ( 0 ) at LA Lakers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mtdurham

Rotogrinders Forum League Updated Standings as of 11/4/2018

GPP (net profit):

$7.10 damionismyname
    $5.75 jcrebs
    $4.40 BBWC_10
    $3.40 Noddy
    $2.50 Pandamonious
    $2.05 eleanorrigby
    $1.70 Epignosis
    $1.60 KP3205s
    $0.70 Penguin3200

Cash (profit, wins, losses, win%)

$1.60 2 0 100% Lole0401
    $1.60 2 0 100% Pandamonious
    $1.60 2 0 100% icemanyee
    $1.60 2 0 100% BerkeleyBoss
    $0.80 1 0 100% Penguin3200
    $0.80 1 0 100% AdamBski
    $0.80 1 0 100% Ace15
    $0.80 1 0 100% TomBradyBlueMamba
    $0.80 1 0 100% Bigperm0107
    $0.80 1 0 100% Epignosis
    $0.80 1 0 100% Noddy
    $0.80 1 0 100% Jcrebs
    $0.80 1 0 100% Joey421
    $0.80 1 0 100% tmarohl

Congrats 10/3 Damionismyname GPP winner

GPP win score: 302
    GPP cash line: 283.25
    GPP avg score: 246.54

50-50 cash line: 251.75
    50-50 avg score: 253.48

Current League Members: 53

($1) GPP tonight: 35 entries (26 remaining)
    ($1) 50-50 tonight: 30 entries (25 remaining)

Main Slate: 6 PM EST, 6 games.

If you would like an invitation to join this league please PM me your Draftkings username.

Standings are based on net winnings, so joining late or missing occasional days will not penalize you.

• superjon

Going to try Pandamonious suggestion of researching position by position today. Already did most of my research today, and a lot depends on the Minnesota news and Kawhi/Butler news.

I’m guessing it’s more likely Butler plays over Kawhi since Kawhi actually has an injury and Butler is just a little B.

I think if Butler sits and Rose plays, it’s a Rose/Kat night. If Rose sits and Butler plays then I like Butler, Butler/Wiggins, Butler/Taj, or all three. Not sure I want to play Tyus.

• DirkDigglerz

I think Spopovich is saving Rudy Gay for today he didn’t play much yesterday… taking a shot at him and Demar again

• mtdurham

@superjon said...

Going to try Pandamonious suggestion of researching position by position today.

I’ve tried that method and I definitely think it can work…

I really prefer excluding everyone then looking at it team by team…. like say im looking at brooklyn ill analyze the pace, where the opponent is weak, look at defensive matchups, pricing, recent minutes, etc….

Some teams ill find 4 guys i like (esp if someone is out due to injury) and some teams i wont find any…

Then at the end of that i usually have a player pool of around 25-35 guys or so depending on the slate size…

THEN i like to look at position… thats when it becomes obvious which posiitions are scarce and abundant that night… Maybe i “liked” Jokic but i see there are 6 other centers i liked priced from 4500-6500.. im probably gonna just axe him because its unlikely he outperforms all those guys by enough to make him worthwhile…whereas if its just jokic and a few speculative options like jarret allen and dwayne dedmon… obviously i think there is more value and justification in paying up for center that evening (relatively speaking).

Personally, ive found when i look at position first i just start adding names of guys that i typically like playing or seem underpriced or have had big recent games…. without really weighing the matchup at all…because im literally just looking at oladipo, josh richardson, kent bazemore, and jeremy lamb and thinking “Great! i love these guys” rather than analyzing how good of a play he is based on individual factors like pace, matchup, positional scarcity

But im sure Pandamonious has a little bit more of an automated spreadsheet process that’s weighing all the factors i noted above when he looks at the players by position for the evening…

WHatever process you create for yourself i think its important to write down the steps and follow that everyday…tweak the process as you learn from experience… if you just start from scratch with no plan everyday some days you read the forum first, grind down first, injury report first, over/under first….. youll be piecing a lineup together and at the last minute realizze you have NO ONE from a game with a 233 over/under, you havent verified the starting lineups near lock, or you dont have pivots in place if last minute news comes about… There is nothng worse than putting together a 318 point lineup then being like “crap, i didnt realize justise winslow was starting at PG last night”, or “wow i didnt evne think about the fact that player Y is 36 years old and was playing on a back to back”, or “this guy was only getting heavy minutes b/c player X was injured last week and now he’s back to 14 mins”.. a daily process helps prevent that

You dont want to be one of those guys who goes to the gym and ambles around randomly from machine to machine with no plan in place. You should already know what weight, how many sets, how many reps, how much rest time between sets, etc before you go in there so you get maximum efficiency.

• noddy

@mtdurham said...

I’ve tried that method and I definitely think it can work…

I really prefer excluding everyone then looking at it team by team…. like say im looking at brooklyn ill analyze the pace, where the opponent is weak, look at defensive matchups, pricing, recent minutes, etc….

Some teams ill find 4 guys i like (esp if someone is out due to injury) and some teams i wont find any…

Then at the end of that i usually have a player pool of around 25-35 guys or so depending on the slate size…

THEN i like to look at position… thats when it becomes obvious which posiitions are scarce and abundant that night… Maybe i “liked” Jokic but i see there are 6 other centers i liked priced from 4500-6500.. im probably gonna just axe him because its unlikely he outperforms all those guys by enough to make him worthwhile…whereas if its just jokic and a few speculative options like jarret allen and dwayne dedmon… obviously i think there is more value and justification in paying up for center that evening (relatively speaking).

I have really enjoyed your posts the last few days

• scott33

Debating if I should pay up for ABC or Embiid. Or possibly fade both & go more balanced since there isn’t much value (FD early). Currently got ABC in, he should absolutely smash if Sac can keep this competitive.

• noddy

@scott33 said...

Debating if I should pay up for ABC or Embiid? Or possibly fade both & go more balanced since there isn’t much value (FD early). Currently got ABC in, he should absolutely smash if Sac can keep this competitive.

I currently faded both, but I’m not happy about it. As a matter of fact I’m going to make a second lineup with both. How’d you end up last night?

• noddy

@mtdurham said...

GPP (net profit):

$7.10 damionismyname
    $5.75 jcrebs
    $4.40 BBWC_10
    $3.40 Noddy
    $2.50 Pandamonious
    $2.05 eleanorrigby
    $1.70 Epignosis
    $1.60 KP3205s
    $0.70 Penguin3200

Cash (profit, wins, losses, win%)

$1.60 2 0 100% Lole0401
    $1.60 2 0 100% Pandamonious
    $1.60 2 0 100% icemanyee
    $1.60 2 0 100% BerkeleyBoss
    $0.80 1 0 100% Penguin3200
    $0.80 1 0 100% AdamBski
    $0.80 1 0 100% Ace15
    $0.80 1 0 100% TomBradyBlueMamba
    $0.80 1 0 100% Bigperm0107
    $0.80 1 0 100% Epignosis
    $0.80 1 0 100% Noddy
    $0.80 1 0 100% Jcrebs
    $0.80 1 0 100% Joey421
    $0.80 1 0 100% tmarohl

Congrats 10/3 Damionismyname GPP winner

GPP win score: 302
    GPP cash line: 283.25
    GPP avg score: 246.54

50-50 cash line: 251.75
    50-50 avg score: 253.48

Current League Members: 53

($1) GPP tonight: 35 entries (26 remaining)
    ($1) 50-50 tonight: 30 entries (25 remaining)

Main Slate: 6 PM EST, 6 games.

If you would like an invitation to join this league please PM me your Draftkings username.

Standings are based on net winnings, so joining late or missing occasional days will not penalize you.

Thanks for doing this. Makes it really interesting and it’s fun seeing who the board picked.

• superjon

Take on LMA

His price has steadily been going down over the past week. He’s got a nice match up against the Magic. Seems like a great let down spot.

• scott33

@noddy said...

I currently faded both, but I’m not happy about it. As a matter of fact I’m going to make a second lineup with both. How’d you end up last night?

PF is a disaster on FD. Might just play Kieff & Bagley. Last night ended up being a bit of a let down, I turned a profit of 2.5x but was hoping for more. Just didn’t have enough of that Lakers/Blazers game.

• scott33

@superjon said...

Take on LMA

His price has steadily been going down over the past week. He’s got a nice match up against the Magic. Seems like a great let down spot.

Yeah I’m hopping off the LMA train today, 40 minutes last night. He shouldn’t be needed for more than 26-28 tonight.

• noddy

@superjon said...

Take on LMA

I like LMA, but I don’t trust pop now (again) after Gay not playing much or at all in the second half.

• scott33

@noddy said...

I like LMA, but I don’t trust pop now (again) after Gay not playing much or at all in the second half.

I almost got Pop’d yesterday. Gay was in my lineup all day until the news came out that Winslow was starting. Got lucky there.

• Wooden_Bones

@mtdurham said...

PM’d

• eatmyturf23

@mtdurham said...

GPP (net profit):

Additional thanks from me. You are adding an extra layer of fun and unique culture and tradition to this forum. We’ve had forum leagues before, and thanks to those who run them, and this is neat to capture a net-winnnings leaderboard. Keeping a low buy in is also nice, it keeps it fully inclusive for everyone!

• mtdurham

@eatmyturf23 said...

Additional thanks from me. You are adding an extra layer of fun and unique culture and tradition to this forum. We’ve had forum leagues before, and thanks to those who run them, and this is neat to capture a net-winnnings leaderboard. Keeping a low buy in is also nice, it keeps it fully inclusive for everyone!

Yep, no problem guys.

If i could make one request it’s that everyone who plans to play that day to enter the contest as soon as possible… it helps give me a more accurate estimate of how many people are “definitely” in each day so I can size the next day’s contest appropriately. I have to be somewhat conservative, because I don’t want any day to result in the contest not running because we were a handful of entries short.

Today with football going on I wasn’t quite sure how to size the contests so I left the cash game the same at 30 entries since it filled rather late yesterday and increased the GPP from 30 to 35 entries since it filled rather easily.

I will try to start remembering to post the contests the prior evening so people can reserve spots for the following day while watching that night’s games.

• eatmyturf23

@mtdurham said...

If i could make one request it’s that everyone who plans to play that day to enter the contest as soon as possible… it helps give me a more accurate estimate of how many people are “definitely” in each day so I can size the next day’s contest appropriately.

Weekends will probably fill at a different pace than weekdays I’m guessing.

• noddy

@eatmyturf23 said...

Weekends will probably fill at a different pace than weekdays I’m guessing.

If you are able to make the contests the night before that definitely helps people enter early unless they are like me and wager their entire bankroll every night

• ChiefSwampAss

@superjon said...

Going to try Pandamonious suggestion of researching position by position today. Already did most of my research today, and a lot depends on the Minnesota news and Kawhi/Butler news.

I’m guessing it’s more likely Butler plays over Kawhi since Kawhi actually has an injury and Butler is just a little B.

I think if Butler sits and Rose plays, it’s a Rose/Kat night. If Rose sits and Butler plays then I like Butler, Butler/Wiggins, Butler/Taj, or all three. Not sure I want to play Tyus.

Rondo went in on Portland yesterday. Portland is on a B2B. Tyus might be a good play :)

• eatmyturf23

@scott33 said...

Yeah I’m hopping off the LMA train today, 40 minutes last night. He shouldn’t be needed for more than 26-28 tonight.

They have played a short rotation in SA though. DDR also saw 38 mins, fwiw.

• BBWC_10

Agreed, I think this forum should be used to improve ourselves. DFS has evolved into a SHARK vs the goldfish world. I compare my LU with the winners and Shark single entries just about every day to see what I did wrong if anything, sometimes guys are in smash spots and just dud. If we can discuss without degrading each other why we made a certain pick that smashed or dudded it could make us better to compete with the 150 entries. Last year I wanted to collaborate on 1 LU that the forum could collaberate on and all enter it in a small gpp. (Don’t know how to accomplish this) It would give us something to actually pull together on instead of at 7:30 complain about he is dudding already. I don’t claim to be a know it all about this but I feel I have gotten much better, on many nights I seem to get 3-5 of the same guys as the winning LU. Last night I had Winslow, Trey, Carter, Mcgee on 1 LU. Had Richardson, Lillard, Lamb in another. Then I had guys like Derozan, Forbes, Randle and Horford who all underperformed. I think we all have a similar problem.

• KindGuy

Claimed my massive 25 cent reward today thanks to being a Silver Tier player for the month of October :)

Was going to play NFL but to win a GPP there honestly feels like the lottery. I actually feel like I have a shot in NBA GPPS even though the GPPS are the same size at the 25 cent level today.

Nice 6 game slate for a Sunday too.

• gaelicgirl

@BBWC_10 said...

Agreed, I think this forum should be used to improve ourselves. DFS has evolved into a SHARK vs the goldfish world. I compare my LU with the winners and Shark single entries just about every day to see what I did wrong if anything, sometimes guys are in smash spots and just dud. If we can discuss without degrading each other why we made a certain pick that smashed or dudded it could make us better to compete with the 150 entries.

I like this sentiment.

• eatmyturf23

It’s been nice this year! Not heavy on trolling or bickering.

• superjon

@ChiefSwampAss said...

Rondo went in on Portland yesterday. Portland is on a B2B. Tyus might be a good play :)

This is just my opinion, but I think Rondo is a better player than Jones.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler