• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 2 ) at Washington ( -2 ) —- T: 224.5
    7:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 3.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -3.5 ) —- T: 231.5
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -5.5 ) at Minnesota ( 5.5 ) —- T: 230
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( -6.5 ) at Memphis ( 6.5 ) —- T: 234.5
    9:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -2 ) at Phoenix ( 2 ) —- T: 223
    10:30 PM EST : Portland ( 0 ) at Golden St ( 0 ) —- T: 223.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• jayzee666

@Beckhams3Fingers said...

So J. Richardson was a bad idea apparently.

Sorry about that, my bad. Had him in one LU.

• kettab24

I’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not but it was an awful coaching job no matter how you look at it….even when Towns comes back Dieng should be his direct backup….he’s miles better than Bell or Vonleh

• KRD227

@tmarohl said...

I had Napier.

I went Bledsoe over Teague at about the same price on FD. Teague was 50-60% owned in cash games. Usually reasons are obvious but this one had me perplexed with Bledsoe guarding him. Maybe he was touted by experts or something

• kettab24

once again a player who’s status was changed multiple times going into lock goes off…add Brandon Ingram to the growing list of fishy reporting

• jayzee666

HUUUUGGEE night for me!!
    Actually broke 300 in 3 LUs and will break 275 in another, which is usually my ceiling.
    This is like winning a GPP for me. Of course I won’t cash, that is just crazy talk, as I did REAPER a few players.

Oh well, back to the 270s for the next few weeks!!

• noddy

Well I’m done playing on FantasyDraft. Everyone has the same lineup. Screw that shit.

• RipCityRings

What a crazy slate. I’m sitting at 321.5 in my single bullet barely cashing with only CJ still going, seems like literally everyone went off but I got burned by an ill-advised last minute switch to Okafor, and of course Clarke doing mostly nothing (should’ve known better, there were much better plays on this slate).

CJ was also probably a dumb play, but I figured if Bacon could drop 25 real points on them he should be okay too.

At the very least my high-midrange plays worked out, shouts out to Ingram/Booker/Horford. Now hopefully Paschall and Bowman will chill in the second half, I’m sure they’re massively owned.

• stats99tuff

Man 331 on DK with Paschall and Bowman going can’t even complain.. Its a single entry im at like 223rd lets see what happens.

• pocket7ns

Down to Super Mario as my last player

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

@SkateFiend said...

I have lineups without him cashing.

Yeah but your not taking anything down without Harden

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

The number 1 thing I want to do is win, and if that means just eating the chalk I guess I will. That’s not how it used to be. Maybe my memory is distorted. There use to be good chalk and bad chalk, and finding the distinction between the two is what could set you apart as a player. I feel like it used to be a thing I excelled at. Now bad chalk seems to not exist anymore. I believe I used to also excel at finding 2 or 3 guys every slate who would have virtually no ownership and smash. Now finding those players is almost useless, because there will be a player owned 10 to 20x more then that guy who matches or exceeds him.

It’s one of two things:

The field is sharp enough that if someone is supposed to be chalk now, it’s because they’re just an absolute can’t miss play

or, the league as a whole is so much faster and scoring is so much higher that when a player is 3-3.5K and is going to play 30 minutes, even if they’re not good or in a good spot, they’re going to find there way to pay off.

I posted about this earlier…With all the injuries we are essentially playing Late March NBA DFS in early November. And…….everyone’s got an optimizer.

And not all chalk hit…Okafor and JRich busted…Dieng was just OK, yet if he got minutes he would have smashed.

And Bruce Brown was the easiest play chalk play of the season. He was 3200, played 40 minutes last game and was starting at POINT GUARD not shooting guard, so the peripherals would also likely be there. He was playing against one of the fastest paced, most defensively challenged, sloppiest teams in the league. It would have been an extreme outlier if he scored less than 25 DK.

Lastly, DK isn’t raising prices quickly enough in certain situations. Which I don’t always mind. We need some decent value from time to time…IMO.

• chronoxiong

Portland losing to the G League Warriors. What in the name of Albert Einstein is this madness?

• raul214

sitting 75thwith 358.5 in the DK quarter jukebox..best ive ever done lol

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

And Bruce Brown was the easiest play chalk play of the season. He was 3200, played 40 minutes last game and was starting at POINT GUARD not shooting guard, so the peripherals would likely be there. He was playing against one of the fastest paced, most defensively challenged, sloppiest teams in the league. It would have been an extreme outlier if he scored less than 25 DK.

As a Pistons fan I’ve watched Bruce Brown play a lot. Maybe more than anyone on this board. Trust me, 25 DK points would be far from an extreme outlier. PG or no PG. Not to mention he was an instant replay reversed foul call away from losing about 5-6 minutes of court time and about 10 of those DK points he scored immediately thereafter.

This was my initial point though. A player with few offensive skills, when give enough court time due to the state of offense and defense in the NBA right now is capable of going off. It doesn’t matter their skill set.

Anyway, when you’re wrong you’re wrong. I’m wrong a lot

• Calicapo

Looks like 340 for min cash…. geez

• tmarohl

@kettab24 said...

I’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not but it was an awful coaching job no matter how you look at it….even when Towns comes back Dieng should be his direct backup….he’s miles better than Bell or Vonleh

Agree. I always thought Dong was a good player. He is better than a lot of starting centers in the NBA. For instance, he is better than anyone the Lakers have. He is better than anyone Atlanta has. He is better than anyone Boston has.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

As a Pistons fan I’ve watched Bruce Brown play a lot. Maybe more than anyone on this board. Trust me, 25 DK points would be far from an extreme outlier. PG or no PG. Not to mention he was an instant replay reversed foul call away from losing about 5-6 minutes of court time and about 10 of those DK points he scored immediately thereafter.

I don’t think watching basketball helps for DFS, yet that’s just my opinion. Don’t think it hurts, but I don’t think it helps. And you essentially made my point. If Brown lost 5 minutes of court time and 10dk points, he’d still have almost 32 DK points for only 3.2K!

You can’t be a scout. Blake, Reggie, Rose, Frazier….OUT…tons of usage, no point guards available, playing against a fast, sloppy bad defensive team. And min price. Pretty smashy spot for anyone regardless of talent. 🤷‍♂️

• tmarohl

@KRD227 said...

I went Bledsoe over Teague at about the same price on FD. Teague was 50-60% owned in cash games. Usually reasons are obvious but this one had me perplexed with Bledsoe guarding him. Maybe he was touted by experts or something

The Bledshow has really played well the last three games.

• SkateFiend

@theIrrigator said...

Yeah but your not taking anything down without Harden

There are probably hundreds of Harden lineups that won’t take down anything. My Lillard and Eric Paschall lineups are leap frogging over completed Harden lineups as we speak.

There is no Util spot at FD and you have to fill 2 SG and 4 forward spots. If you had Harden and one dud in any one of those spots, you weren’t going to win big money. I bolstered the forward positions with Philly players and had Lillard and GS warriors in reserve. That’s good enough to withstand not having Harden at FD. Elsewhere not having Harden is a dicey situation.

• tmarohl

@Njsum1 said...

I don’t think watching basketball helps for DFS, yet that’s just my opinion. Don’t think it hurts, but I don’t think it helps. And you essentially made my point. If Brown lost 5 minutes of court time and 10dk points, he’d still have almost 32 DK points for only 3.2K!

You can’t be a scout. Blake, Reggie, Rose, Frazier….OUT…tons of usage, no point guards available, playing against a fast, sloppy bad defensive team. And min price. Pretty smashy spot for anyone regardless of talent. 🤷‍♂️

I think you are right in some regards that watching doesn’t help. For instance, I don’t think the max entry algo guys watch that much. With that said, there are several times during the season where actually paying attention helps. For instance, it is important to understand rotations, who does well in what kind of matchup, etc.

• mrmogz

When you swapped Paschall for Clarke at the last minute, wake up to see your score just shy of 360 and then see Paschall has like 20+ more points than Clarke finished with and has the 4th to go, and you’re winning a couple hundred instead of many thousand. Sigh sigh sigh.

My BR really could’ve used a win like that :(

• circadudexl

Anyone here does 150 generated lineups? Looking to finally try it for a week but have zero clue on what to use or how to import the lineups or do people just build them by hand 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Njsum1

@tmarohl said...

I think you are right in some regards that watching doesn’t help. For instance, I don’t think the max entry algo guys watch that much. With that said, there are several times during the season where actually paying attention helps. For instance, it is important to understand rotations, who does well in what kind of matchup, etc.

I agree, yet you don’t need to watch the games if you want to figure out rotations.

• tmarohl

@circadudexl said...

Anyone here does 150 generated lineups? Looking to finally try it for a week but have zero clue on what to use or how to import the lineups or do people just build them by hand 🤷🏼‍♂️

I do 150 daily on the FD Fadeaway usually. That is 25 cent entry so 37.50 for max lineups. I use LineupHQ. Basically set your exposures, adjust their point projections, and have it spit out 150 lineups. Once you get a lineup set you like, you export it to csv. Then in FD, go to the tournament you want to enter and upload your csv

• circadudexl

@tmarohl said...

I do 150 daily on the FD Fadeaway usually. That is 25 cent entry so 37.50 for max lineups. I use LineupHQ. Basically set your exposures, adjust their point projections, and have it spit out 150 lineups. Once you get a lineup set you like, you export it to csv. Then in FD, go to the tournament you want to enter and upload your csv

When you say adjust their point projections you mean you use your own projections over theirs? And for the csv, you have to individually upload all 150 lineups to the tourney or just one big one?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).