7:00 PM EST : Miami ( 0 ) at Detroit ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 4 ) at Orlando ( -4 ) —- T: 213
    7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 3 ) at New York ( -3 ) —- T: 216
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 4.5 ) at Okla City ( -4.5 ) —- T: 238
    9:00 PM EST : Boston ( 2.5 ) at Denver ( -2.5 ) —- T: 206.5
    9:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 0 ) at Utah ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 0 ) at LA Clippers ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 14 ) at Golden State ( -14 ) —- T: 220

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• scott33

@RandysCrow said...

Yeah I have actually got a pretty good system going for NBA this year.

Spending an even amount in cash games as I do for the gpps I enter. Have cashed in the cash games (double ups and BTS) all but 2 nights I think (last night being one of them, ugh what a crappy score I had!). That usually covers what I spend in gpps, so I profit a little and then whatever I win in the gpps is a bonus.

I usually go 90% cash, 10% GPP. The $3 BTS doesn’t pay out much but I hit it consistently enough that it has become a nice bankroll builder. I think I’ve missed 260 twice this season, though I didn’t play yesterday when I hit a measly 225. I’ve played the $12 twice & beat it both times, though it only paid out 2x both times I played it. Wish I played it tonight, damn. I cancelled my entry like 20 minutes before lock UGH!

• tmarohl

@scott33 said...

I usually go 90% cash, 10% GPP. The $3 BTS doesn’t pay out much but I hit it consistently enough that it has become a nice bankroll builder. I think I’ve missed 260 twice this season, though I didn’t play yesterday when I hit a measly 225. I’ve played the $12 twice & beat it both times, though it only paid out 2x both times I played it. Wish I played it tonight, damn. I cancelled my entry like 20 minutes before lock UGH!

I usually go 100% GPP

• scott33

@tmarohl said...

I usually go 100% GPP

Yeah that seems to be your strong suit.

• mtdurham

@stv1313 said...

I do hereby declare that I am not taking Jabari Parker again anytime soon.

yeah dude the guy ranked #326 on RG figured that out already.. now you’re cooking with gas

• mtdurham

@KeithVanHorn82 said...

Just curious…Has anyone done a head to head on DK and you pick the same guys? What happens?

Ever heard that song “Eat the Rich” by Aerosmith?

Substitute the word “Rake” for “Rich”

• KindGuy

@thetitanlb said...

Omg another adjustment took away another $75. WTF man

Sorry. Yea it must’ve been from the Warriors game.

• tmarohl

@mtdurham said...

yeah dude the guy ranked #326 on RG figured that out already.. now you’re cooking with gas

I told all of my fellow Bucks fans that were upset with them for not re-signing Jabari Parker and letting him go to the Bulls for nothing that they had nothing to worry about. They had already replaced him with a better player in Ersan Illyasova the first day of free agency. They all told me I was nuts. Jabari while he has the potential for some offensive talent, is basically a team cancer that does not even believe in defense. He has been quoted in several places as saying that he is not paid to play defense. I have news for Jabari, once Portis and Markaanan are back, you probably will not sniff the court except for garbage time, and it is highly unlikely the Bulls exercise the second year option. Next year I expect him to be the 12th or 13th man on a veterans minimum somewhere.

• thetitanlb

@elementasrat said...

Sorry. Yea it must’ve been from the Warriors game.

Yeah had like $575 in adjustments. Went from winning $675 to $100. Beyond wild smh

• mtdurham

@travvis said...

I still get confused over steal rules. Like it should be the guy responsible for swatting it away, but sometimes the teammate he swats to gets credit for the steal?

NBA stats are credited by “home” scorers…. so thats why home players arebetter because they will credit an assist on little things like you got a rebound and passed it to the point guard and he ran 80 feet and scored on a layup… or if you ssimultaneously touch a rebound and the loose ball deflects off the glass its an automatic offensive rebound… they also always give the “judgment” call stats to the star player… a role player getting stats doesnt help them, itjust makes him want more money…the star is already paid and brings in revenue, and it gets him more national exposure

Also the refs are instructed to give all 50/50 calls to the home team so that they win more often and it creates a better “Fan Experience”…. thats why you want home team guys… they get to the FT line if someone breathes on them…they get steals/blocks instead of personal fouls on contact/close plays…it makes a huge differnece… just look at guys home/road splits…

what you think a guy’s block rate goes down 30% on the road and his fouls go up 30% simply because of crowd noise ?

• eatmyturf23

@thetitanlb said...

Yeah had like $575 in adjustments. Went from winning $675 to $100. Beyond wild smh

Man, that sucks. But, winning 100 is still good.

I won 4 bucks haha. Thought I’d lose 15, but got my 50/50s and lost the gpps. #imnotabigspenderbutistilltiltsometimes

• mtdurham

@zpa1989 said...

anyone know why robinson did so poorly and kanter went off? i didn’t see the game, was it foul trouble? i thought robinson was the starter now. kanter’s minutes have been going down.

#1 matchup… bulls dont rebound, kanter does

#2 THJ out… they need someone to generate offense… kanter can do that, mitchell can not

#3 Bulls have 2 centers… a 19 year old who gives up 50 lbs to kanter… or a 300 lb slow lumbering behemoth who is a walking, talking defensive breakdown in the PNR

It was a smash spot for kanter….. unfortunately i got too hung up on Bam and when the Hezonja savings dried up (or so i thought) i reduced exposure which relaly hurt me….

Now granted he got a ceiling game…which you can never preddict with any certainty….but if you play guys in smash spots youll wind up with a lot of 6-7x and occasional 10x

• mtdurham

@feezyg said...

So I can tip the ball to myself and get 2 rebounds? good to know. And I can swat the ball away and get a steal? Guess we have no use for the word steal anymore then. I wish your dad had controlled his tip…

Dude stop…you’re very incorrect… and you’re making a strawman argument…. sober up and come back in the morning… no need for these insults either

• mtdurham

@oaktwnraidr said...

butler sucks

BUtler killed me…. i was heavy on kawhi tonight and when news came out he wasnt playiing i had to scramble… butler was a guy i liked for ~50 FPS but he didnt make it into any builds until suddenly i had a bunch of free cash available and only 2-3 games left to spend it on….

regardless i cant believe he bombed so hard.. i thought 40 was in the bag

• mtdurham

@tmarohl said...

I told all of my fellow Bucks fans that were upset with them for not re-signing Jabari Parker and letting him go to the Bulls for nothing that they had nothing to worry about. They had already replaced him with a better player in Ersan Illyasova the first day of free agency. They all told me I was nuts. Jabari while he has the potential for some offensive talent, is basically a team cancer that does not even believe in defense. He has been quoted in several places as saying that he is not paid to play defense. I have news for Jabari, once Portis and Markaanan are back, you probably will not sniff the court except for garbage time, and it is highly unlikely the Bulls exercise the second year option. Next year I expect him to be the 12th or 13th man on a veterans minimum somewhere.

On average, Milwaukee Bucks fans are the most intelligent fanbase in the NBA by far.

I’m shocked that you knew any Milwaukee Bucks fans who thought Jabari Parker was a good basketball player.

Many of the best analytical NBA discussions are held in Milwaukee Bucks forums. I’m not sure what it is, but there are some real stat nerds in that community.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

Was in first on the late slate And One ( DK ) after stat corrections the guy in second jumped to first by .25 points. Cost my me $250 and a gpp win. But considering I only played three line ups for $1 a pop, I can live with that I guess. Still sad…

• tmarohl

@mtdurham said...

On average, Milwaukee Bucks fans are the most intelligent fanbase in the NBA by far.

I’m shocked that you knew any Milwaukee Bucks fans who thought Jabari Parker was a good basketball player.

Many of the best analytical NBA discussions are held in Milwaukee Bucks forums. I’m not sure what it is, but there are some real stat nerds in that community.

They just don’t understand the concept of sunk costs and when it was time to move on.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).