• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Boston ( -5.5 ) at Cleveland ( 5.5 ) —- T: 213.5
    7:00 PM EST : Indiana ( -2.5 ) at Charlotte ( 2.5 ) —- T: 216.5
    7:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -3 ) at Atlanta ( 3 ) —- T: 216.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -6.5 ) at Chicago ( 6.5 ) —- T: 215.5
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 3.5 ) at Okla City ( -3.5 ) —- T: 204
    9:00 PM EST : Miami ( 4.5 ) at Denver ( -4.5 ) —- T: 209

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• noddy

@superstars92 said...

There will be chalk, AD should be at least 35% owned imo, maybe up to 50%+ in some, 75%+ in cash games. It’s just not the chalk you normally think of with cheap value plays.

I like my cash lineup without AD right now.

• superstars92

@frugal said...

You sure about this? I presume you’re meaning defensive switching as pretty much all Bam’s FGAs are in the pain while Leonard is averaging 2.2 3PA a game and has historically been more a stretch 4.

Leonard definitely does not play like a traditional C on offense, regardless of where he’s listed. I have only watched 1 Heat game all season (Heat Hawks was on National TV). Leonard usually spotted up for 3 or a jump shot 2 in that game while Bam was more down low. Leonard sometimes would go in the block but not really to do any postups, just for rebounding.

On defense, I wasn’t paying attention as much so forgot who guarded Len and who guarded Collins. Regardless, for offensive purposes, Leonard is not a C. He’s a true stretch 4 who can block shots.

Even with the Blazers, that’s how he usually played, even if he was the “biggest guy on the court.” He would be setting screens for Dame and spotting up for 3/long 2 and hustling for boards/rebounds. That’s how he made a huge impact last season vs. Warriors in playoffs with his energy and 3 point shooting.

• SteeloCity

Here are the top owned plays for FD as of 4PM:

PG
    Young 37%
    Walker 30%
    Rozier 23%
    Brogdon 19%

SG
    DeRozan 27%
    Huerter 23%
    Bacon 22%
    Smart 22%

SF
    Nance 34%
    Bridges 24%
    Hayward 21%
    Gallinari 20%
    LeBron 17%

PF
    Jabari 44%
    Theis 34%
    AD 29%
    Aldridge 20%
    Love 10%

C
    Jokic 28% (Ew)
    Len 14%
    Vuc 13%
    Zeller 12%

• noddy

James Johnson had a great debut for Miami. Can he repeat?

• frugal

@superstars92 said...

Leonard definitely does not play like a traditional C on offense, regardless of where he’s listed. I have only watched 1 Heat game all season (Heat Hawks was on National TV). Leonard usually spotted up for 3 or a jump shot 2 in that game while Bam was more down low. Leonard sometimes would go in the block but not really to do any postups, just for rebounding.

On defense, I wasn’t paying attention as much so forgot who guarded Len and who guarded Collins. Regardless, for offensive purposes, Leonard is not a C. He’s a true stretch 4 who can block shots.

Even with the Blazers, that’s how he usually played, even if he was the “biggest guy on the court.” He would be setting screens for Dame and spotting up for 3/long 2 and hustling for boards/rebounds. That’s how he made a huge impact last season vs. Warriors in playoffs with his energy and 3 point shooting.

Right. What I suggested was that Leonard is a 4, not a 5 as suggested. Bam is the C and as such see Jokic D while he’s in the game.

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

You sure about this? I presume you’re meaning defensive switching as pretty much all Bam’s FGAs are in the pain while Leonard is averaging 2.2 3PA a game and has historically been more a stretch 4.

Regardless, they have been starting together. Box scores list Leonard as the C. He was introduced at C when they played the Bucks.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

@squidkill said...

Hello-
    Might jump into NBA streets early this year. Good night/slate to make my debut? I usually just do 5-8 game slates.
    I’ll hang up and listen

Lol

Shouldn’t be too much crazy news so jump on in

• ryan7962

Anyone liking lma on dk tonight

• superstars92

@tmarohl said...

Regardless, they have been starting together. Box scores list Leonard as the C. He was introduced at C when they played the Bucks.

Probably because he’s the tallest guy on the team and Heat maybe want to keep it more traditional.

• monarch

@ryan7962 said...

Anyone liking lma on dk tonight

I’m sure almost everyone does. Dejounte Murray is killing DDR and LMA this season but the price is so good and it is a get right spot to control the pace

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

The Bucks are a special situation, they don’t list a starting C rather 3 starting forwards, Lopez being one of them. Leonard typically spotted up at outside the 3 point line on offense though worked off the P&R as well and Leonard was covering Lopez at the perimeter with Bam in the middle typically guarding Giannis in the high post.

• RipCityRings

Anyone know if Fultz is starting again? SGA could terrorize him on D if so, though I’m worried about pace and the fact that almost no one goes off against Orlando.

SGA and Brogdon are both getting expensive enough that tougher matchups have me questioning their value, but they’ve also both proven to be fairly matchup-proof this season.

The Spurs are killing me, can’t play DDR because of Murray, can’t play Murray because of the minutes cap. Maybe it’s a pay-down at guard night…

• mcguirknba

@RipCityRings said...

Anyone know if Fultz is starting again? SGA could terrorize him on D if so, though I’m worried about pace and the fact that almost no one goes off against Orlando.

SGA and Brogdon are both getting expensive enough that tougher matchups have me questioning their value, but they’ve also both proven to be fairly matchup-proof this season.

The Spurs are killing me, can’t play DDR because of Murray, can’t play Murray because of the minutes cap. Maybe it’s a pay-down at guard night…

Yes Fultz is starting.

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

The Bucks are a special situation, they don’t list a starting C rather 3 starting forwards, Lopez being one of them. Leonard typically spotted up at outside the 3 point line on offense though worked off the P&R as well and Leonard was covering Lopez at the perimeter with Bam in the middle typically guarding Giannis in the high post.

My point was basically that Leonard was not stealing minutes from Bam in that Houston game, because they start alongside each other, and that he didn’t get extended run because of the blowout. They both played the same minutes – 28 I believe.

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

My point was basically that Leonard was not stealing minutes from Bam in that Houston game, because they start alongside each other, and that he didn’t get extended run because of the blowout. They both played the same minutes – 28 I believe.

Oh yes, they play together, agree on that.

• gaelicgirl

@superstars92 said...

That’s how he made a huge impact last season vs. Warriors in playoffs with his energy and 3 point shooting.

Yeah, I was surprised POR kept Collins and let Leonard go

• kps3205s

@RipCityRings said...

So do you pick on Chris Paul and his D and play Fournier?

Edit: I’m playing Dennis Schroder from this game on DK single LU.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Yeah, I was surprised POR kept Collins and let Leonard go

Collins now out for four months.

• gaelicgirl

@SteeloCity said...

Here are the top owned plays for FD as of 4PM

I’ve always wondered, where does this info come from? Is there like, a survey or something?

• Petergunz82

@superstars92 said...

He’s a plus defender as well

• superstars92

Well, Markelle Fultz for his entire career had been the more promising prospect vs. SGA. It’s so sad to see him fall like this. Maybe he’ll pick it up again one day, learn to shoot a 10 footer+.

• RipCityRings

@tmarohl said...

Collins now out for four months.

Whoa, that’s devastating. Blazers season has been a train wreck so far aside from Dame and contract year Whiteside.

Maybe we can kidnap Mirotic from Barcelona.

• superstars92

@RipCityRings said...

Whoa, that’s devastating. Blazers season has been a train wreck so far aside from Dame and contract year Whiteside.

Maybe we can kidnap Mirotic from Barcelona.

Now that Phoenix might steal a playoff spot, that also hurts the Blazers. Ok, probably getting too ahead for Pheonix. Once Ayton and his terrible defense comes back, pretty sure Phoenix will be like 2-18 for a 20 game stretch.

• lwilly

Is it crazy to have a cash lineup without AD or Bron on FD? Feel like you need one or the other but all the value I’m liking comes in at PF and to a lesser degree, SF.

• skankinmat

Dwight Howard tonight? Bulls with some of the worst rebounding in the league..

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).