• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Utah ( -7 ) at Philadelphia ( 7 ) —- T: 192
    7:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 3.5 ) at Charlotte ( -3.5 ) —- T: 207
    7:00 PM EST : Houston ( 1.5 ) at Washington ( -1.5 ) —- T: 216
    8:00 PM EST : Miami ( 6 ) at Okla City ( -6 ) —- T: 203
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 7 ) at Chicago ( -7 ) —- T: 203
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 17 ) at Golden State ( -17 ) —- T: 223.5
    10:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 8.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -8.5 ) —- T: 196

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• breger

ariza revenge game my friends

• cheddarbob

New Orleans is the only team playing today with a back to back tomorrow.You guys can hype up the blow out narrative all you want but the starters are going to get their minutes tonight. Multiple people in this thread talking about completely fading a 223.5 O/U game and people say NBA DFS is dead.

• JGun10

Gotta like the narrative for Waiters returning to OKC, but take note that J.Richardson is back from injury and played on Friday. JRich ain’t ready for 20 plus minutes yet but his return did coincide with Waiters receiving his first game of less then 30 minutes of time. Full line for that game was 24 mins, 4 pts, 3 rebs, 2 assists and 14.5 DK points.

• deerosa

@Benny069 said...

shhh

On the flip side, Oladipo revenge game as well.

Love Tyler Johnson, do not know the rotations but if Waites and TJ are on the floor together Waiters will be chucking up shots all day.

• deerosa

@cheddarbob said...

New Orleans is the only team playing today with a back to back tomorrow.You guys can hype up the blow out narrative all you want but the starters are going to get their minutes tonight. Multiple people in this thread talking about completely fading a 223.5 O/U game and people say NBA DFS is dead.

+1

• letmesignupplease

@cheddarbob said...

Shouldn’t that mean the starters might get less minutes?

• rockpie

@Csquared1987 said...

why? his mins are about to get drastically cut

BATUM

• rockpie

Ha, quoted the wrong guy. The above was a response to IronMonkey.

• rockpie

@cheddarbob said...

Multiple people in this thread talking about completely fading a 223.5 O/U game and people say NBA DFS is dead.

Yeah it’s nice for Vegas to give the game a 223.5 O/U, but you have to keep in mind that around 143 of those points will go to GS. And half of those will be spread between their backups.

• deerosa

@letmesignupplease said...

Shouldn’t that mean the starters might get less minutes?

If your starters get 85/90 points in 3 quarters?

Kerr tends to keep his players in during blowouts. Klay also stays in way into the 4th as well.

Last post for me….Don’t want to bog the forum down.

• JGun10

@cheddarbob said...

Not really getting your point here at all. If N.O. is down by 10-20 in the second half, coach will rest players because of the back to back and better chance at a victory the next night in Sac. Now if it’s a close game all the studs get their minutes, but GS at home coming off a butt whupping against AD and scrubs should be seen as having a massive blowout potential. All that being said I will still have 1 lineup with some GS guys and AD in it.

• mrmogz

@Butternutter said...

Is Biyombo safe for cash?

If Vuc does indeed sit, Biyombo will be safe and chalk for both cash and GPP. When he plays 30+ mins he’s a lock for ~30 with upside closer to 50. At his current price anyone that pays attention to players sitting will be all over him. You can get him and Embiid for $9300 on DK and they can easily drop 80+ points between them.

• teachmehowtocutty

@deerosa said...

On the flip side, Oladipo revenge game as well.

Love Tyler Johnson, do not know the rotations but if Waites and TJ are on the floor together Waiters will be chucking up shots all day.

When did oladipo play for Miami?

• Jcudderlife

@breger said...

ariza revenge game my friends

How is it a revenge game when he left the wizards to sign with the rockets ?

• Jcudderlife

@teachmehowtocutty said...

When did oladipo play for Miami?

Lol I was thinking the same thing.

• GoLeafsGo34

Hey guys, Im kinda new to DFS. I understand that when a player hits like 5x their value that its good, but how is that number calculated? Thanks!

• hobbes2d

I was already looking at playing Biyombo even if Vuc plays. If Vuc sits that just makes him that much more of a lock for all my LUs.

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

@GoLeafsGo34 said...

Hey guys, Im kinda new to DFS. I understand that when a player hits like 5x their value that its good, but how is that number calculated? Thanks!

(Salary / 1000) * 5 = 5x

so for a $10,000 player, 5x would be 50 points.

• Butternutter

@GoLeafsGo34 said...

5K salary = 25 fpts

• Jcudderlife

@GoLeafsGo34 said...

It is calulated 5x by their salary so for tonight John Wall salary is 9200 on fd. He needs 46 (9.2 *5) points to hit value

• mrmogz

@GoLeafsGo34 said...

5x MIGHT be ok for cash games on some slates, but you really want to aim for 6x nowadays or even 7+ if you’re playing GPP’s (tournaments).

Essentially you take their price, multiply it by 5, 6, 7 or whatever you’re aiming for and divide by 1000. So a player that cost $5000, would need 25 Fpts to hit 5x, 30 Fpts for 6x and so on.

• teachmehowtocutty

@mrmogz said...

5x MIGHT be ok for cash games on some slates, but you really want to aim for 6x nowadays or ever 7+ if you’re playing GPP’s (tournaments).

Essentially you take their price, multiply it by 5, 6, 7 or whatever you’re aiming for and divide by 1000. So a player that cost $5000, would need 25 Fpts to hit 5x, 30 Fpts for 6x and so on.

For me it depends on pricing too. I look for 7-8x out of punt plays in the 3500-4500 range. 5-6x is fine for guys like RWB and Jamee Harden.

• mrmogz

Shouldn’t have any effect on tonight’s game but Archie Goodwin just signed a 2 year contract with the Pels. Not sure if they’ll try to utilize him or not right away.

• DomTwan

@Agent47 said...

No turbo or late slates on DK tonight?

Really dissapointed with this…. why not DK?

• crazydaisy2013

Is Brewer a good enough defender to downgrade Walls production tonight?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).