• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Utah ( -7 ) at Philadelphia ( 7 ) —- T: 192
    7:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 3.5 ) at Charlotte ( -3.5 ) —- T: 207
    7:00 PM EST : Houston ( 1.5 ) at Washington ( -1.5 ) —- T: 216
    8:00 PM EST : Miami ( 6 ) at Okla City ( -6 ) —- T: 203
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 7 ) at Chicago ( -7 ) —- T: 203
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 17 ) at Golden State ( -17 ) —- T: 223.5
    10:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 8.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -8.5 ) —- T: 196

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• rockpie

Just as an aside, the whole “5x salary” thing is also why it’s almost always better to use as close to the full 50k salary allowance as you can.

50k x 5 = 300, which is almost always going to be enough to at least cash on any slate. The more money you leave on the table, the closer to 6x and 7x you’ll need your players to produce in order to reach the same total.

• daneshinault

I believe that Biyombo can hit 7-8x for sure with Vuc playing. Will crush if out

• magicfan217

where is STL cards daily NBA article?

• mrmogz

@teachmehowtocutty said...

For me it depends on pricing too. I look for 7-8x out of punt plays in the 3500-4500 range. 5-6x is fine for guys like RWB and Jamee Harden.

Ya absolutely. A lot of people get lost in thinking EACH player has to hit exaxty that. You can win a GPP with RWB going 4x if you have the right 8-10x punts and 6x mid priced guys.

• deerosa

@teachmehowtocutty said...

When did oladipo play for Miami?

Whoa, I guess playing in Florida doesn’t count.

• mrmogz

@rockpie said...

Just as an aside, the whole “5x salary” thing is also why it’s almost always better to use as close to the full 50k salary allowance as you can.

50k x 5 = 300, which is almost always going to be enough to at least cash on any slate. The more money you leave on the table, the closer to 6x and 7x you’ll need your players to produce in order to reach the same total.

50K x 5 is only 250 pts. That would be 6x.

Your point till stands and I agree though

• havs99

Farts.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

How the hell is washington #1 vs PG’s so far this season…

Does anyone know what their rank was before the Elfrid dud o saturday?

• hobbes2d

@crazydaisy2013 said...

Is Brewer a good enough defender to downgrade Walls production tonight?

No.

• Kujo2020

This might be the spot to fade Embid. I definitely will if Vuc is out, & Bismak starts.

• gillio

@Kujo2020 said...

This might be the spot to fade Embid. I definitely will if Vuc is out, & Bismak starts.

Embiid at a minimum will get you 30 it feels like. With 45-50 point upside. Love Embiid tonight, his matchup should keep his ownership low. He has the second highest usage rate right behind Westbrook. At $5700 on DK and a better bargain on fanduel he feels like a lock to me

• hobbes2d

@walkoff9 said...

How the hell is washington #1 vs PG’s so far this season…

Duds from Schroeder and Payton?

• hobbes2d

@gillio said...

Embiid at a minimum will get you 30 it feels like. With 45-50 point upside. Love Embiid tonight, his matchup should keep his ownership low. He has the second highest usage rate right behind Westbrook. At $5700 on DK and a better bargain on fanduel he feels like a lock to me

He seems pretty matchup proof to me. Super versatile on offense and he can get a few steals and or blocks on defense.

• DomTwan

Gobert or DeAndre Jordan? Who is better for UTIL spot when I have $7000 left on DK?

• mrmogz

@Kujo2020 said...

Will probably have 100% Biyombo (if Vuc sits) and sprinkle in some Embiid together with him.

• jessedio

Embiid is a good player but he has to deal with Gobert and Favors tonight. He’s definitely not a must play on DK when Gortat is just a few hundred more.

• knick89

Tough to decide between Russell or Harden tonight…

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@rockpie said...

Yeah it’s nice for Vegas to give the game a 223.5 O/U, but you have to keep in mind that around 143 of those points will go to GS. And half of those will be spread between their backups.

No

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

Why you all feel no will get blown out is beyond me. They just got crushed by the Lakers. Fade please everyone..

• Scottjmark

Finished 276 in 3$ DK Sharpshooter the other night with 300 points. Won 47$. Doesn’t seem like much considering I was 27 points behind winner. First year doing NBA and was second day using this site. Thanks for the great advice.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@GoLeafsGo34 said...

Hey guys, Im kinda new to DFS. I understand that when a player hits like 5x their value that its good, but how is that number calculated? Thanks!

5x is for losing lineups though

• ehylton

George Hill now questionable, sprained his right thumb

• erizos17

What do you all think about E’tawn Moore and Derrick Favours for tonight?

• gillio

@knick89 said...

Tough to decide between Russell or Harden tonight…

Harden averaged 73 DK points vs the wizards last season and he has a new role with an uptempo offense. Take it for what it’s worth but I’m going harden tonight

• Csquared1987

@slpanthers24 said...

Why you all feel no will get blown out is beyond me. They just got crushed by the Lakers. Fade please everyone..

Yeah I don’t understand how people are thinking of staying away lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).