7:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 0 ) at Washington ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 11 ) at Toronto ( -11 ) —- T: 200.5
    7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 1 ) at New York ( -1 ) —- T: 209.5
    8:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 3.5 ) at San Antonio ( -3.5 ) —- T: 201
    9:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 7 ) at Utah ( -7 ) —- T: 204.5
    9:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 11.5 ) at Denver ( -11.5 ) —- T: 233
    10:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 4 ) at Portland ( -4 ) —- T: 204
    10:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -10.5 ) at Sacramento ( 10.5 ) —- T: 205.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@Cooper08 said...

Why so much discussion about the 76’ers playing at Utah? I have heard people interested in Saric, Holmes, McConnell, and Simmons. What am I missing? This mixed with play Kemba on the road is starting to make me wonder if I have gone into the twilight zone.

Don’t think you’re missing much. Thats about right

• jglumsic

@Cooper08 said...

Why so much discussion about the 76’ers playing at Utah? I have heard people interested in Saric, Holmes, McConnell, and Simmons. What am I missing? This mixed with play Kemba on the road is starting to make me wonder if I have gone into the twilight zone.

They have a small roster due to injuries tonight so gonna be alot of mins played for them.

• monarch

@Cooper08 said...

Why should we be afraid of Utah? Hayward is gone, he controlled pace as did George Hill. Donovan Mitchell plays 25-30 minutes a game which speeds things up.

Utah may clean things up as the season progresses but currently they are not a team to fear

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Lillard, he crushes at home and Conley has a bad Achilles.

And SHOULD be lower owned than Simmons as well. Considering the Embiid out.

• feekdogg

@Njsum1 said...

I won’t get into this debate on whether Kemba sucks on the road, yet I do know this…Kemba has an affinity for playing at the Garden…..do with that what you will.

I looked at his numbers as a pro at the Garden. They were really good in 15-16 (32.5 ppg). Other than that, it’s 22-25 ppg.

• PujolsJunkie

@monarch said...

Why should we be afraid of Utah? Hayward is gone, he controlled pace as did George Hill. Donovan Mitchell plays 25-30 minutes a game which speeds things up.

Utah may clean things up as the season progresses but currently they are not a team to fear

Agree on this – I caught a 65 from Lillard at 1% ownership last week and Harden just torched them like it was nothing. Not the same.

• jglumsic

Anybody like John Henson tonight against the small Cavs lineup might rack up on the boards.

• colb24

Nurkic 6400 DK seems great.. he’s been playing better, Marc Gasol isn’t much more of a problem then Jordan, Gobert, or Adams and he just performed fine on all 3.

• frugal

@monarch said...

Still holding teams to the 6th lowest PPG and 2nd lowest points in the paint. Given Simmons takes a vast majority of FGA in the paint and no Embiid, it’s going to take Philly getting hot from mid range and 3 to win this game.

• tmarohl

@Clayc2727 said...

Norman Powell seems like another cheap option on DK with >6x potential. Mitchell is also a stone lock til he either loses mins to Hood or his price goes up considerably

Rodney Hood is one of the worst basketball players in the NBA. If you have a pulse it should be hard to lose minutes to him. Quite frankly don’t know who is worse, Rodney Hood or JR Smith.

• underdawgs

I keep coming back to Nurkic too, I like this spot for him

• monarch

@frugal said...

Still holding teams to the 6th lowest PPG and 2nd lowest points in the paint. Given Simmons takes a vast majority of FGA in the paint and no Embiid, it’s going to take Philly getting hot from mid range and 3 to win this game.

I only like Saric of that group. His price is cheap and I think Utah funnels the ball towards him and he performed well last season with usage

• tmarohl

@gillio said...

The way to beat Utah is jump shooting (ie. James Harden). I’m all in on Redick tonight

He is on my all white boy team that I put together for tonight. After last night and all the goofiness, had to throw a dumb lineup in with no expectations.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@PujolsJunkie said...

Agree on this – I caught a 65 from Lillard at 1% ownership last week and Harden just torched them like it was nothing. Not the same.

Saric, Holmes and McConnell are not in the same league as Lillard and Harden. Perhaps Simmons but he relies on others to get his assists. If anything perhaps some Simmons and Reddick for reasons mentioned.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@jglumsic said...

That RCov/JJ stack might take it down tonight.

JJ Redick is averaging 19.2 DK points in 27.9 minutes against Utah since 2014.

• Cotycron30

Think I’m going to take a lower owned Boogie tonight.

• Jdeac

Jval still having minutes monitored? Crushed chi opening game in 30 min. $4.7k on FD maybe with the risk?

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

I’d rather pay up for Boogie as well. The price differences are so little so why not. Definitely all the box score people are gonna see those last two especially the 92 and be like LOCK

• jglumsic

@Epignosis said...

JJ Redick is averaging 19.2 DK points in 27.9 minutes against Utah since 2014.

Yea but the Utah team this year is not the same. Rubio is not a shutdown defender and now that Mitchell is getting more minutes he focuses more on offense like most rookies do. Utah are no longer the same team they were last year. No Hayward or George Hill. And Reddick on a new team. It’s all different factors this year. Dont have to jump on the bandwagon but its looking like he could get alot more open looks.

• RogueGrinder

You guys are not alone, that UTAH game jumped out at me too. Cash line should be high today…I will keep that gut feeling while looking at superior spots in other games.

• RogueGrinder

@jglumsic said...

Yea but the Utah team this year is not the same. Rubio is not a shutdown defender and now that Mitchell is getting more minutes he focuses more on offense like most rookies do. Utah are no longer the same team they were last year. No Hayward or George Hill. And Reddick on a new team. It’s all different factors this year. Dont have to jump on the bandwagon but its looking like he could get alot more open looks.

If you believe in DVP Utah is weak at the SG position.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@KATburger said...

Absolutely was not. Kemba was horrible on the road. Especially without batum….

oops EDIT ** didn’t mean to tab reply

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

FD

For today my lineups are focused on a few things.

Targeting Good floor/minute value plays. (notice today’s wording is ‘Good’ floor not high lol… you’ll see why.)
    Targeting periphrials.
    Fading stud C (Jokic, Cousins)
    Fading 7500+ SG
    Nailing uta/phi precisely.
    Low owned sleeper 5-7x value

Floor/Minute value plays:

Tim Frazier: Wall is Q at home against a poor dallas team and I don’t think they risk it tonight. Also frazier is listed at Q for the moment but lets be confident that he’ll get run. He’s been dealing with a wrist injury but after a few days it’s got to be feeling a little better so i expect more production out of him in the raw scoring column. Dallas is horrible at rebounding and I think frazier finds the cracks and grabs 5+ rebounds matches his assist totals from last game so were already at 17 fps right there. Anyone that knows him knows his performance last time out on those minutes was basically a floor for him. I dont mind locking in 5x w/ 10x upside. We’ll all be watching for news there.

Dario Saric:
    One of my favorite plays mostly all this year and last year as well. Underrated adn the guy just produces when given the touches even w/ embiid in. We know his upside and is today the day he unleashes it? Lock him in and know your getting 5-7x and again upside of 10x. Free square imo.

Center take:
    Not calling for a world wide fade of the studs here. But I just like my other options better. It’s hard for me to decide between them so I have 1 LU w/ each Nurkic, RoLO, Wright… and here’s where i’ll get crucified… Tyler Zeller. I have my reasons for each of those guys but i’d have to dedicate an essay to each guy to drive the point home. I’ll say if you want high floor and 7x upside for the $ amount RoLo is your guy. I know holmes (phi) will garner alot of talk today but i just dont like him tonight. Gobert 2nd straight year killing it at the FT line and I expect him to get there as much as possible… and early.

SG’s:
    Just cant play Beal or Derozan on FD at these prices being so scoring dependent. The scoring changes on blocks and steals allows you to fade these two tonight and feel ok about it. Not to mention the overall matchup in itself. There could be blowouts which means less run time. Or the games stay close, which would dictate that someone on the favored team is under performing. Now onto Middleton. I’m struggling with this. His peripherals are better as well as the matchup overall but he is scoring dependent and I think tonight’s just not his night to pull the 40-50 burger. I dont see him scoring 20 raw points and he may struggle to top 35 fps Which is fine for cash but GPP may be a game changer this is a spot i really want to differentiate from the field. So my pivot there is Oladipo w/ some $ savings from the ones mentioned above. He had a horrible first half against new york but came on strongly at the end. He’s very aggressive this year and i’m liking what i’m seeing so far from the former badger. Safe enough for cash and upside for GPP w/ lower ownership than middleton for sure.

PHI/UTA:
    Embiid out, Bayless out. Everyones first instinct will be TJ and holmes more than likely. Maybe a reddick in there as well. But personally I don’t favor either of those three. So i’m off of them. Could come back to haunt me seeing how all 4 LUs have min 4-5 players from this game but its just a stand i’m willing to take. I need consistency just as much as the upside. Simmons, dario pair them up for a little more than what your paying for one top stud tonight you wanna fade. I know the concern is a blowout without embiid because Toronto blew 76ers out earlier this year but this team has shown it can hang and there will be guys ready to show that they can step up in his place. Now the key here for this game to work out is Robert Covington. He’s consistently in foul trouble. That game against toronto season low 15 minutes i believe against derozan the FT machine. Viewing his game log nothing has changed since then. Fouls are going to come with his agressive style of defense but coach has been willing to leave him in there as of late. I don’t see hood/ingles drawing to many fouls on robert tonight so i think what we saw in toronto w/ no embiid is a nonfactor as far as overall PHI game script goes. Buyer beware though. As last night shows the whistles are no joke. (And mitchell most definitely will draw 2)

Sleeper:
    Joe ingles. One of the most underrated players in the history DFS sports. I dont know if a 70fp night would increase this mans ownership lol. But solid floor and a pace up matchup. Few more rebounds to be had with embiid out and great correlation for this game overall. Safe and a lock for 5x with easy 7x upside. And I mean EAAAAAAAsy.

Just keep in mind my lineups aren’t cash or gpp I create dual lineups w/ a 2/1 (cash/gpp $ ratio) typically I create 3 for NBA. Today I went up to four LUs because ya need ABC exposure just in case so i’m more 1/1 $ wise on entries. This is an important point to make as it factors in to why i’m selecting who i’m selecting. I have a core 5 i’m 100% on and a 15 man player pool. Running 4 lineups obviously lowest %‘s is 25. This is just a strategy that works for me, making decisions on gameflow seeking really everything out of a player good floor/value/upside all at once. If i miss GPP i’m usually cashing with that lineup allows my bankroll to last longer unlike prior years when greed took over doing solely GPP. Obviously there will be some disagreements with what i’ve said but hopefully were just respectful about it. I’ll be happy to explain why i’m seeing what i’m seeing. But good luck to everyone on tonight’s slate. It’s a new day put yesterday behind.

“Circle of Influence. Circle of control” – Definition: You can only control what you have a direct influence over. Apply however you’d like.

EDIT** PS if walls a go its a direct pivot to hill for the same $ amount.

• gillio

@jglumsic said...

That RCov/JJ stack might take it down tonight.

You just read my mind

• bfwl3434

Who takes Gallo’s minutes tonight? Assuming Lou Will see’s mid 30’s and Wesley Johnson sees about the same?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).