7:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 0 ) at Washington ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 11 ) at Toronto ( -11 ) —- T: 200.5
    7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 1 ) at New York ( -1 ) —- T: 209.5
    8:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 3.5 ) at San Antonio ( -3.5 ) —- T: 201
    9:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 7 ) at Utah ( -7 ) —- T: 204.5
    9:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 11.5 ) at Denver ( -11.5 ) —- T: 233
    10:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 4 ) at Portland ( -4 ) —- T: 204
    10:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -10.5 ) at Sacramento ( 10.5 ) —- T: 205.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tonytone1908

@jglumsic said...

Their starting lineup is practically a d league team. And the crazy thing is they continue to get talked up as great dfs plays every night

If you can be sure any of those dudes get 30+ mins they are great plays.

• mbunner23

Amazing that 260 isn’t going to cash anything but a couple head to heads. What a brutal start to the NBA season.

• jglumsic

@tonytone1908 said...

If you can be sure any of those dudes get 30+ mins they are great plays.

That’s the problem they never do. They need to fire their coach he is awful

• Paymelate

Tournament Links for today?

• superstars92

@tonytone1908 said...

Didn’t they just get Holmes back? Against Gobert and Utah? On the road? I mean. It’s a great GPP play. Auto play I’m not so sure. Happy it worked out for you tonight. What was his ownership out of curiousity?

I think the Sixers had Saric, Covington, and Holmes last year too when Embiid was out so Holmes didn’t make a difference since it was the same situation last year. The only difference would be Simmons (and I guess Redick, but he doesn’t carve out too much usage since he’s just catch and shoot, what Stauskas/TLC would have done). I guess if you thought Simmons would carve out the 7k to 4.3k price drop in usage + the slow down pace of the Jazz + the defense of the Jazz then you wouldn’t choose Saric. I would say it’s close but I ended up having him. Definitely not an auto play like the poster said.

• osuryanf

Philly doing some really stupid things down the stretch and allowing Utah to get close… probably still win, but they did some really stupid things the last few minutes.

• jglumsic

Wow at 260 in my main lineup and not even cashing. Dfs is the best..

• Gasou4389

@superstars92 said...

Covington is done.

Also, a side note but Carmelo just sucks. I remember everyone was making a big deal about how good the Thunder would be and how everyone was worked up when ESPN ranked Carmelo like 60th. I saw nothing wrong with that rank. Carmelo has never and never will be a winner. All he can do is take iso jumpers which is not the point of the NBA anymore if you want to win. He’s -5 while George is +13, Adams +14, Westbrook +10,..hmm wonder why. Thunder won’t do better than 6th this year (which is what they got last year) even with George and Melo because Melo just sets them back.

I would trade Melo for someone like Robert Covington any day of the week, but I’m sure the Sixers would never accept that trade. Covington literally does everything better except iso scoring.

Knicks have a winning record without Melo too now. Not saying they’ll make the playoffs, but they should have a better record this year than last when they had Melo.

Is this like a no hitter going for you? Trying not to jinx it by talking about it?

• osuryanf

Holy crap… seriously is anyone watching this PHI/UTA game? Philly might blow a 10 point lead in under a minute. This is some of the dumbest basketball I’ve ever seen

• tonytone1908

@superstars92 said...

I think the Sixers had Saric, Covington, and Holmes last year too when Embiid was out so Holmes didn’t make a difference since it was the same situation last year. The only difference would be Simmons (and I guess Redick, but he doesn’t carve out too much usage since he’s just catch and shoot, what Stauskas/TLC would have done). I guess if you thought Simmons would carve out the 7k to 4.3k price drop in usage + the slow down pace of the Jazz + the defense of the Jazz then you wouldn’t choose Saric. I would say it’s close but I ended up having him. Definitely not an auto play like the poster said.

I mean, maybe for his position and if you hated the expensive guys I could see it. Again, nice play by the poster but definitely not an auto play. Although, how often do auto plays ever work out anyways? Still may not even be in the winning lineup depending how the rest of the position shakes out.

• jglumsic

@osuryanf said...

Holy crap… seriously is anyone watching this PHI/UTA game? Philly might blow a 10 point lead in under a minute. This is some of the dumbest basketball I’ve ever seen

Until Mitchell missed a layup to seal the loss how fitting

• paulmeloruss

How is one allowed to take 21 shots and make 3

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@tonytone1908 said...

Didn’t they just get Holmes back? Against Gobert and Utah? On the road? I mean. It’s a great GPP play. Auto play I’m not so sure. Happy it worked out for you tonight. What was his ownership out of curiousity?

look back to page 3 i went in depth on dario.. hes been an auto play on fanduel at least all year long at 3800 .. he’s 5x-7x with embiid. And when you compare his usage without embiid last year it was a must play on FD of course.. i see hesitance for paying up more on DK. But dario is no slouch.

• BBWC_10

OK so Mitchell is 3-21 and Lillard is 2-13 don’t know if 274 will cash, guess I need Adams to pull my other lineup to the green

• jglumsic

The thunder are getting exposed. It’s all isolation basketball. The ball just sticks when it gets in melo’s hand. If the kings are shutting them down this easy it’s not gonna be pretty for them the rest of the year

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

I’m going to give my take on … okc… RWB and adams need to come out in the fourth and run the two man game that got them the lead in first qt… and afterwards okc ownership needs to think lonnnnnnnnnnnnng and hard about this experment. Dont waste a year of RWB prime. Dont force feed melo and possibly george the ball.. go with what works and thats russ being russ. I have zero adams but they are not jelling. Dont say its too early because just look at the wolves… there are no excuses other than the chemistry is not there and likely wont be there and your renting george. If i’m OKC GM i call the lakers tomorrow and say what will you give me for george…. lakers hanging tight around .500 and magic might be willing to do it now and not risk ‘a okc turnaround’ … idk we’ll see… but in this 4th qt.. russ needs to get his groove back because right now he’s the only one that can straight win a game by himself. Thought the knicks sold low on melo but maybe not… lol..

• terrypercs

I dont remember NBA DFS ever being this hard

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@jglumsic said...

The thunder are getting exposed. It’s all isolation basketball. The ball just sticks when it gets in melo’s hand. If the kings are shutting them down this easy it’s not gonna be pretty for them the rest of the year

Lol we are sooooo on the same page my man…. lol threads moving so fast though u might not see it below yours though haha.

• mbyrd75

Lineup finished at 300 points with 3 guys giving me points in the 13-17 range. Disgusting

• 7klub06

So far 269 has me cashing in the $1 NBA 35k and one. Nothing big tho smh. But go look in the Arcade and cashin at 317 w/Heild left
    Smdh. The joys of gambling.

But what make it so hard for some LUs to cash is that so many LUs are tied in various places

• jglumsic

@KATburger said...

I’m going to give my take on … okc… RWB and adams need to come out in the fourth and run the two man game that got them the lead in first qt… and afterwards okc ownership needs to think lonnnnnnnnnnnnng and hard about this experment. Dont waste a year of RWB prime. Dont force feed melo and possibly george the ball.. go with what works and thats russ being russ. I have zero adams but they are not jelling. Dont say its too early because just look at the wolves… there are no excuses other than the chemistry is not there and likely wont be there and your renting george. If i’m OKC GM i call the lakers tomorrow and say what will you give me for george…. lakers hanging tight around .500 and magic might be willing to do it now and not risk ‘a okc turnaround’ … idk we’ll see… but in this 4th qt.. russ needs to get his groove back because right now he’s the only one that can straight win a game by himself. Thought the knicks sold low on melo but maybe not… lol..

We are the exact same page my dude haha. They need to go back to what has worked. They are trying to change to fit in melo and PG. but Russ and Steven Adams works just fine. It’s just ugly to watch melo play cause he literally just dribbles for 10-15 secs then throws up a shot. And pg keeps getting the ball at the end of the shot clock and just has to toss up prayers. It’s terible offense and not fun or entertaining to watch

• superstars92

@Gasou4389 said...

Is this like a no hitter going for you? Trying not to jinx it by talking about it?

No not at all. I get lucky sometimes and I get unlucky some other times (like last week with the Na WD in golf). I just try to focus on the process so no point in talking about it. I post a lot here (even before the games start for general advice you can see the earlier pages here) so it’s not just like I am posting tonight. I guess I only really talk about it when I think something weird is happening (like with Murray on Denver) so that I know in the future what to look for (so like I learned by following one of my Triple Threat teams that Denver doesn’t really have a true PG, so I’m essentially paying for two wing defenders, spot up jump shooters in Murray and Harris – or Mudiay even – which is good to know for the future – this obviously means if Murray and Harris cost the same you should always choose Harris if Jokic/Millsap are both playing because Harris is the better defender and rebounder).

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Takeaway of the night

Ben Simmons DFS matchup proof?

• Tpcslj47

@Tpcslj47 said...

Well, I finished my lineup for the $444 FD tourney 2 minutes before lock. Got in off a 25c satellite so I’m sweating bullets here…hoping for either my lineup to tank so I can be done with this stress or to kill it so I can just enjoy the ride. I don’t need no $800 bubble sweat.

I got my wish! Sittin pretty at 1,000th/1,111 Woooooo!!! Choke City lol

• jglumsic

Man tyreke Evans at it again. Might be saving some of my lineups actually

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).