7:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 0 ) at Washington ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 11 ) at Toronto ( -11 ) —- T: 200.5
    7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 1 ) at New York ( -1 ) —- T: 209.5
    8:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 3.5 ) at San Antonio ( -3.5 ) —- T: 201
    9:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 7 ) at Utah ( -7 ) —- T: 204.5
    9:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 11.5 ) at Denver ( -11.5 ) —- T: 233
    10:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 4 ) at Portland ( -4 ) —- T: 204
    10:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -10.5 ) at Sacramento ( 10.5 ) —- T: 205.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Brian7479

@Beckhams3Fingers said...

Pretty much.

Another takeaway, I hate Kevin Love with all my heart. I could roster him 39 straight games and he’ll give me a 3.1x turd. I’ll stay away after hearing he contracted E.Bola virus, and he’ll drop 8x. I just don’t understand how/why all the sharps were on him tonight. Nothing indicated he was gonna smash. If it was purely a contrarian “close your eyes and hope you get lucky AF” move, why doesn’t that ever work when I do it? I guess my name has to be youdacao. Fml.

Bucks giving up 68.8 DK points to centers before tonight. That’s why sharps were on it. Don’t worry I missed it too. Love played center tonight.

• NoLimits0

@Brian7479 said...

Bucks giving up 68.8 DK points to centers before tonight. That’s why sharps were on it. Don’t worry I missed it too. Love played center tonight.

No sharps were on him though. He was 2-3% owned overall in tournaments. I went through the 150 max guys on fantasylabs and saw like none of the 150 max guys were on him. All of them were just on Mitchell, Acy, Jokic, and Giannis. They were also high on guys like Mudiay, Wes Johnson, McConnell, Brogdon, Kemba, Mills, and Gobert. There are about 150 or so max entry guys on DK 8 dollar and you can find them in fantasylabs contest dashboard their breakdowns. I would say probably all of these guys are real pros. These are the sharps you allude to? Not sure how good each are but I’m sure as a whole they are profitable.

None were on Love or any of the Mavs. None were even on AD. You had to dig deep to think of those guys.

• NoLimits0

Actually I looked at the game log. Barnes had been getting at least 4x in every single game this season and had 7x upside and was pretty safe for 5x. Smith was coming off of back to back 5x games. Wow I mean I didn’t even focus on the Mavs but these guys were making value lately and were now playing against a bad defensive Wizards team. I can’t believe instead I just went with Mitchell and Murray and Acy as “values” when they weren’t very valuable to me. Even with Saric and Giannis I didn’t cash since I didn’t have Jokic and had Kemba instead.

I gotta study all the teams not just who’s recommended in the article. Barnes has one of the safest floors in fantasy at 5.8k and I didn’t even see him.

• damionismyname

so who won the white guy contest? what was the final top score?

• Brian7479

@NoLimits0 said...

No sharps were on him though. He was 2-3% owned overall in tournaments. I went through the 150 max guys on fantasylabs and saw like none of the 150 max guys were on him. All of them were just on Mitchell, Acy, Jokic, and Giannis. They were also high on guys like Mudiay, Wes Johnson, McConnell, Brogdon, Kemba, Mills, and Gobert. There are about 150 or so max entry guys on DK 8 dollar and you can find them in fantasylabs contest dashboard their breakdowns. I would say probably all of these guys are real pros. These are the sharps you allude to? Not sure how good each are but I’m sure as a whole they are profitable.

None were on Love or any of the Mavs. None were even on AD. You had to dig deep to think of those guys.

I was using the word sharps too freely. I mean the guys that were smart tonight had him. Milwaukee bad against centers, high total and home game which is more important than people realize. I mean not every night are the best players at home but I wouldn’t have seen Jokic putting up this high of a score in Brooklyn. The home away thing isn’t something to base lineups off of but I don’t think Denver would’ve put Jokic back out there to get a new career high if he weren’t in front of his fans who by the way were going crazy for him. You also have certain players that play better at home just like there’s some that play better on the road. But regardless what I’m getting at was Love was a very smart play tonight with Milwaukee giving up almost 70 FP to centers. Add in the fact that Thompson was out and you didn’t have to be a “sharp” to make a “sharp” play. I personally am looking to focus more on DvP which would’ve helped tremendously tonight. I’m not super sour about not having love because I had Jokic but the savings there would’ve been nice. I play FD so I couldn’t have had both. DvP guys! I think that could help us all a lot! Cash and GPP

• chronoxiong

I am sick and tired of this! I had enough! For now on, I will never eeeevvvvvvveeerrrrrr (in Chris Jericho’s voice), going to punt both PG spots again! Tonight, my cash game PGs were TJ McConnell and Emmanuel Mudiay. Bayless was out so McConnell should get more minutes and usage off the bench. No he didn’t! Mudiay was coming in on fire crushing value for the last few games. A match up against the uptempo Nets sounds like a must play. No, he sucked! And the same applies to Donovan Mitchell too. He came in on fire with a lot of usage off the bench. Tonight he just sucked.

Again, I am just frustrated with all this. I don’t even need to talk about my other busts. Well, maybe about Porzingis. I picked him over Ben Simmons for the 3rd time this season and guess who crushed value out of those 3 times? It’s a shame as I finally hit on a low owned value play in Denzel Valentine (4.3k for 28 fdp) but since I lost for the night, this rare punt play of mine will be forgotten.

• NoLimits0

@Brian7479 said...

I was using the word sharps too freely. I mean the guys that were smart tonight had him. Milwaukee bad against centers, high total and home game which is more important than people realize. I mean not every night are the best players at home but I wouldn’t have seen Jokic putting up this high of a score in Brooklyn. The home away thing isn’t something to base lineups off of but I don’t think Denver would’ve put Jokic back out there to get a new career high if he weren’t in front of his fans who by the way were going crazy for him. You also have certain players that play better at home just like there’s some that play better on the road. But regardless what I’m getting at was Love was a very smart play tonight with Milwaukee giving up almost 70 FP to centers. Add in the fact that Thompson was out and you didn’t have to be a “sharp” to make a “sharp” play. I personally am looking to focus more on DvP which would’ve helped tremendously tonight. I’m not super sour about not having love because I had Jokic but the savings there would’ve been nice. I play FD so I couldn’t have had both. DvP guys! I think that could help us all a lot! Cash and GPP

Yea that makes sense. I didn’t choose Love or Jokic because I filled up my PF/C and then my F slots with Porzingis, Acy, and Saric. Saric did well but with Porzingis sucking relative to the other stars and no Jokic I didn’t cash my main lineup.

So I never even considered Love because of Acy. If I didn’t punt Acy maybe that opens up a PF or C spot where I can choose Love and downgrade elsewhere like away from Murray.

I’ll remember to choose C vs Milwaukee next time. Drummond should feast whenever he gets to play them.

• NoLimits0

Also one last thing about dvp. I agree it’s a super useful tool but like someone mentioned earlier it can be a bit misleading. I know a lot of people chose Mudiay (and I chose Murray) because dvp vs Nets at the PG position. Nets are just historically bad last few years defending PGs. However, as someone mentioned earlier, it turns out Mudiay and Murray don’t even play PG for the Nuggets even if they are listed as PG. Jokic is their PG which explains his career game.

• queensfinest

can somebody tell me the top scores of the largest $3 tourny from tonight? i scored 349 and came in 2nd in large $1 tourny. curious to see how much i would have won. thinking it would have been about 3 or 4 thousand instead of 3 hundred. ughhh lol. thx

• pick6er

@damionismyname said...

so who won the white guy contest? what was the final top score?

THIS! I’m impatiently waiting also!!

• Kamais_Ookin

God nba is demoralizing, so random compared to nfl. I can’t maintain a shred of consistency.

• MrPerfekt7

@jglumsic said...

Man tyreke Evans at it again. Might be saving some of my lineups actually

Tyreke is always gonna crush he is healthy this year

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@queensfinest said...

can somebody tell me the top scores of the largest $3 tourny from tonight? i scored 349 and came in 2nd in large $1 tourny. curious to see how much i would have won. thinking it would have been about 3 or 4 thousand instead of 3 hundred. ughhh lol. thx

Don’t torture yourself too much. But in the 140K $3 sharpshooter you would’ve placed 11th with 349 and would’ve won $350. And if you would’ve entered it into the $8 tournament, you would’ve won $1000. So as far as the $3 tournament goes, you didn’t lose out on too much compared to your 2nd place, $300 win!

• jwq14

@Kamais_Ookin said...

God nba is demoralizing, so random compared to nfl. I can’t maintain a shred of consistency.

This! The only thing consistent with it is taking my money.

• noddy

I have said for years that Melo sucks. How any organization would want that guy on their team is beyond me. He’s a POS teammate. All he can do is shoot. No team will win anything with him on it

• marker0357

322.75 good for 9th and a cool $7 in the $1k and one on DK. LOL

• RogueGrinder

I told ya Love would go overlooked.

• noheartanthony

I’m continuing to do well on fanduel but have been getting absolutely housed this past week in DK cash. Is this lineup trash?

Rubio
    Mitchell
    Giannis
    Carroll
    Nurkic
    Kemba
    Acy
    Gortat

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).